Ok fa/tg/uys, in a few hours m group will be starting a campaign set in the Underdark (Out of the Abyss)...

Ok fa/tg/uys, in a few hours m group will be starting a campaign set in the Underdark (Out of the Abyss). here is the background for the character i plan to run.

>Be Drow Male (hear me out)
>Mother shows love and kindness to family (even males), believing it could strengthen the house and minimize backstabs
> it works since as the family works together rather than betray each other for rank
>spider-bitch Lolth however doesn't like this
>orders the house destroyed to a single man
>took 3 houses to do it
>only survivor
> was found by a low ranking noble woman who was a shotacon
>absorbed into her house
>lost both family and virginity that night
>(Ellistreae ,Drow goddess of beauty, may have been involved with his survival but he doesn't know)
>vows to destroy Lolth and her worshipers
>studies magic
>learns of Ghaunadar, that which lurks, whom Lolth fears
>seeks him out
>enemy of my enemy
>a pact is made
>seeks to become king of the dark elves

Well Veeky Forums how does one go about overthrowing the matriarchy of the Drow and kill a god.
i as i am one man the subtler the better

You don't. You're talking something that the elves have been trying to do since the split first happened. Your best bet would be killing Lolth herself, and good fucking luck with that.
Unless your GM wants to run a modified Demonweb Pits, which is by the way a rad adventure. Then you're good!

You posted this the other day and no one cared. Your character is uninspired, mediocre if generous.

If this isn't bait than you are too far gone into your own magical realm.

Pretty Mary Sue, considering that this is all just backstory and your character hasn't done anything to prove his worth yet.

Just make him a your average dickass Drow who learns the magic of not being an ass as time goes on.

Your character is bad and you should feel bad.

Have a sense of humor and play him as /r9k/-style "REE FEMALES REE"

i plan to have a little sense of self awareness with him

Not OP, but yeah, the adventure itself tells you to do it.

>Abortion by adventurer

what is mary sue about him

That's the wrong god.
And is a god. And Lolth doesn't fear him.
You don't make pacts with gods, you go cleric.
And try using Vhaeraun, her matricidal son, lord of darkness, The Shadow.

Play the Drow's many, many enemies against them. No one LIKES the Drow - fuck, no one in the underdark likes anyone. But their power makes them dangerous and untouchable. Subvert that power. Play off their inborne rivalries, get them to destroy each other, make them vulnerable and then get their other enemies like the Illithid or Dueregar to destroy them. For bonus irony if Drizzt is any indication, Lolth make like and bless your antics.

Just, don't play the rape thing off as fap bait. He should be a genuine head case with Gynophobia.

Agree, Vhaerun is a better deal for this, Ghaunadar is an eldritch horror worshipped by the insane.

His anger at Lolth was because she rejected his advances, which caused him to make all his followes mad and unable to worship, fucking himself over.
Ghaunadar is the guy who gets angry, punches a hole in the wall and then is angrier in the hospital after breaking his hand.

He was one of the suggestions in the 5e player hand book suggests for a great old one pact

>(hear me out)
>parents killed
>use of the word shotacon
I've heard enough

My fault for expecting consistency in FR

>gets turned down by spider pussy
>REEEEE's and destroys his own worship base

So Ghaunadar is literally /r9k/

I take it back, OP Ghaunadar is perfect for this see

Nah, anyone making a pact with any of the Great Old Ones does so without really understanding what they are getting themselves into.
It is only if they are lucky they find out that the GOO has been messing with their head the whole time.

Back to OP's Question, I would suggest going either Bard and social-fu it up, or go for a teamwork oriented fighter or mage. You are playing as part of a group, remember that everything you do will need to work as part of that. Going brooding dark antihero willl get you nothing but grief.
The backstory suggests a teamwork centred character and you can do that with pretty much any class, and once you are indespensable to the team it should be relatively easy to get them to assist you in your aims.

already done bard, planned to do warlock because i haven't done it yet and it seemed to fit the basic theme of the character. but i will take your advice to heart and not brood to much

Let's see here...
Drow who cares/loves
Drow family lost favor of loth, gets fucked off

This sounds familiar somehow. Hmm.

give another way to play a drow that won't fuck the party over

Lawful Evil Rational Drow.
CG Moondancer.
SJW masked Drow.

They are the drow equivilent of a sociopath or psychopath. Occasionally the drow gene pool just kicks someone out who doesn't fit in and cares about people.
I'm liking that. They grew up knowing they didn't quite fit in and it was only when they met the fellow adventurers they discovered that not everyone was emotionally dead.
I especially like how it would play on the usual steryotype of the players being murdurhobos. Compared to their family, the party are caring and stable individuals.

Unlike Drizzt's Elftism?

>hear me out
okay...
>shotacon
stopped hearing you out