Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Have your games ever had a beach episode? What was it like? How cute was it?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/eldritch-heritage/
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

We had a bathhouse episode.

It got lewd super fast. Let's just say there's gonna be a couple of single mothers working there now.

Let's keep talking about familiars.

What's your favorite way to get a familiar as a class that doesn't get one naturally, Eldritch Heritage or Familiar Bond?

What's your favorite animal familiar? Improved familiar?

What's your favorite familiar archetype?

Tell me the story of how you obtained your familiar! What's it like? Has it proven to be useful in your adventures?

>Implying the knight won't take responsability.

>Have your games ever had a beach episode? What was it like? How cute was it?

No, our rest and relaxation episode involved a cute gala that the characters got to dress up for and attend. Thee was lots of NPC schmoozing. My paladin was super happy because she finally got to dance with her crush, the busty necromancer.

Things went south when an assassin attacked an NPC at the party, but thankfully, my character's enchanted ring allowed her to transform from normal attire into her resplendent enchanted armor and to conjure her magical blade as a standard action, so we made short work of the miscreant!

Can you at least pick pictures that don't completely suck? Where you getting them from? Deviant Art?

I mean, I get it, you're a retarded troll, but at least have the decency to have a little taste when you're being tasteless.

He gets them from pixiv actually

>What's your favorite way to get a familiar as a class that doesn't get one naturally, Eldritch Heritage or Familiar Bond?
For me it's VMC Wizard or VMC Witch.

>What's your favorite animal familiar? Improved familiar?
Animal familiar is firmly the Hare with Rat and Raven being 2/3.

>What's your favorite familiar archetype?
Sage and Figment

>Tell me the story of how you obtained your familiar! What's it like? Has it proven to be useful in your adventures?
Found the rabbit as a kit rejected by its mother and raised it. The familiar part just sort of happened naturally over time. My familiar is a little shit head who needs to be smacked constantly, but when push comes to shove we work well together. He makes a good scout, his stealth bonus is +17 compared to my +12.

For both of them though? Was did ya get the third too before that happened?

During my own group's short-lived run through Curse of the Crimson Throne, we gathered information to learn that the Cow Hammer Boys were also handling thuggish assassinations. We sent them off on a wild goose chase to kill the already-dead Gaedren Lamm in his fishery.

When the Cow Hammer Boys left, we unlocked some doors, snuck up, confronted Verik Vancaskerkin, and then somehow managed to peacefully entreat him into coming along. We also successfully identified the silver dagger as a raktavarna rakshasa, eliminated it, and resolved to investigate why such an object was in Verik's possession.

Even by the GM's admission, our group had managed a completely flawless run of the mission, and had found it most amusing that we sent off people to kill Gaedren Lamm.

I had pitched the plan to the group (and they went along with it) because we investigated the butchery only one in-game day after trouncing Gaedren Lamm.

I imagine that if Gaedren Lamm had been arrested rather than killed, the plan still would have worked. The idea was to entice the Cow Hammer Boys with a high bounty against a high-profile target, and they did not have the foresight to ask for payment up-front. One day during heavy rioting is not enough time for word to spread around of Gaedren Lamm's death or arrest.

3.5 changelings did not have the ability to physically transform the appearance of their clothing and equipment.

Doppelganger-spawn into Rebound and Perfect Imitation is a cheap way for most core races to become masterful infiltrators at a very low cost.

How do you fuck up that badly?

Can we get him shot not on account of him posting bizarrely offtopic opening images for these threads, but for just having absolute shit taste and poor image gathering ability?

I get that he's retarded, but this is beyond retarded. We need to get him killed for being potentially an avatar of stupidity and bad taste.

So my GM revealed to me that my NE mercenary had something in the realm of 30+ bastards fathered over the course of 6 years in the campaign world (the campaign in world went on for a long time because of sea voyages), the kids caught up with me after a 4 year time skip.

I don't know what he was expecting out of me but this is what I ended up doing:
>bring me the child
>inspect child to see if it's intelligent
>see if the child can hold a sword properly
>if the answer to the above two prove favorable I take the child
>tell the mother to fuck off
>if the answer to the above to aren't favorable tell the child and the mother to fuck off

If the child refuses I just kick them out. I don't need disobedient kids. If the mother wants something more I tell her to fuck off, if she follows I make her realize she needs to fuck off.

My character is an evil megalomaniac. I don't know what he expected.

I dunno man I dunno

>Wizard VMC would be the only way offclass for me, since fuck spending the feats otherwise
>Any form of bird is usually A+, but a cat is fine too
>Lyrakien Azatas and Raktavarna Rakshasas both look pretty cool, but I have yet to actually use any improved familiars
>Sage is #1, but Valet and Figment are both pretty swell. Sage and Figment stack, iirc, so I plan to do that for a PC sometime soon
>My alchemist spontaneously grew one from overexposure to his own bullshit, as well as all the magical artifact bullshit he handled

If you were making a 1st level character and used your first feat to take skill focus, then used your human bonus feat to take eldritch heritage for a familiar, what would that look like?

Would the familiar just not do anything until 3rd level?

Would it be better to use your first two feats to take iron will and familiar bond, then at 3rd level take improved familiar bond?

SwimmingEagle openly admitted to posting the early warframe threads last night (one was made immediately after the thread hit autosage even though he waited until page 6 to post the link), I wouldn't put it past him to post shitty anime threads just to get under people's skin. I really wish these celeb posters wouldn't treat the general like their own private playground.

I have a player who has an NPC that lost his hand in a war. I previously told him that if he wants to regrow the NPC's hand, he needs a Regeneration Spell or a Wish to emulate it, or something of around that level (7th divine, 9th arcane). So he's been working towards that.
Then along comes the Ironfang Invasion adventure path, and there's a character who was born without a foot. The text says they can be given a foot with a limited wish or a miracle. The player brought this to my attention, and this felt wrong to me. I don't feel Limited Wish has the power to emulate a 7th level divine spell, and feel the author either made an error or is being overly lenient.

However, I'm open to the possibility that I am wrong, but would like evidence of this before I allow him to use Limited Wish, which he already has access to through bartering with a foreign wizard trader, to restore the NPC's hand.

So tell me, should Limited Wish be allowed to regrow a lost limb, or is it not powerful enough (since it can only replicate Divine 5 as written)?

Nah, he's not the sunflower animeposter, we would see a lot more fat if he was

>d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/eldritch-heritage/
>Prerequisites: Cha 13, Skill Focus with the class skill of bloodline selected for this feat (see below), character level 3rd.
>character level 3rd.

But user, this is their playground. All we can do is weather the tempest of the mighty.

>If you were making a 1st level character and used your first feat to take skill focus, then used your human bonus feat to take eldritch heritage for a familiar, what would that look like?
That would look like you were a fool for not taking the Focused Study ART.

Are there any big name posters who don't do this shit. Is there anyone who will guard us against the storm? Anyone who will save us from this unholy tide? We need a savior.

The hell is a sunflower anime?

Oh, Whoops.

Captain Slow seems to largely ignore the thread.

phoneposting

I'm no big-name poster, but I swore an oath to protect Anons and Namefags alike from oppression. I will try my best to quiet this rage and malice!

Where is he? I haven't seen him in days...

>Paladin with an Oath Against Shitposters

DHB is a silent guardian. Despite those despots of discord trying to tempt him he has stayed pure. He will save us, he will outstretch a hand to offer us salvation in our darkest hour.

He's got a game for every day of the week now, user. He's too busy ERPing with our betters than to show his face to us lowly mortals.

The hell turns into "sunflower"?

kitsune would be my guess.

Hey friend owls, need to utilize some of your system mastery here.

What would be the ideal class to to lead into the Low Templar prestige class? Seems like he would go really well with a crit based, sneak attack class that works well with flanking. I was thinking unchained rogue, but the low templar also gets a good bonus to combat maneuvers, is there a rogue archetype that specializes in maneuvers? Or should I look towards the SA Brawler archetype or a Slayer maybe?

What's an interesting way to characterize a cruel divine servant that wants to gain a divine spark and rebel against her boss? The only canon quality of this being so far is that she's a Devourer

Who are the rest of our betters

How do I work my way up this them totem pole of thots

PM Valeriya and ask to ERP

>ERPing with our betters

I thought we had something special...

Slayers are one of the best.

Though vigilante is probably the most workable for both the theme and for maneuver based stuff. If you can get Legendary Vigilante stuff there are dirty trick vigilante talent in there.

I'd say Slayer, personally. It's a good fit!

Slow's been on record for user complaining about games he's in before, or at least PLD, and otherwise we don't actually know anything about his posting as a fact. It's honestly safer to assume he's among shitposters than not.

As thread personalities go though, I still think he's on the better half of them. Mostly, ANONYMOUS CULTURE DISCORD/IRC/CABAL GET OUT.

Where is DHB on this totem pole?

Do people really believe in the discord cabal meme

Is it possible to make Gambler in 3.5 a broken class to play?

I didn't believe in the Cabal until they killed my family.
Now I'm on a quest to hunt them down and bring them to justice!

Power bottom

>Cucking a good and caring daddy

I couldn't do it. I'd hate myself.

Where can I find downloads for Pathfinder legends?

It doesn't count, you know. Alternate Universe Valeriya and all.

But in my heart I wouldn't stop seeing his disappointed face. I just don't think I could finish inside her, not with daddy watching.

What would you offer to try and convince a GM to let you into a game? Would you take a seat on the RP casting couch?

How deep into the magical realm would you go to get into Overlewd?

Nah.
She actually turns me off.

>Would you take a seat on the RP casting couch?
Lots of thirsty lads did just that for PLD.

And how many of them got in?

>What would you offer to try and convince a GM to let you into a game?

I would present myself as a friendly, intelligent prospective player who lets their application and OOC demeanor tell a better story than desperately clawing at the DM's virtual pants for a quickie.

To be fair, that was a requirement for PLD. Overlewd is just using lewds to lure in players.

And you wonder why you're 0/8

If the GM asked you to ERP with them so that they can figure out if you would be a good fit (snicker snicker), would you do it?

>Alternate universe
Oh shit is that a throwback? I THINK IT IS

Alright fags, tell me about the Darkest Timeline version of one of your PCs. Not necessarily the "Evil" version of your PC, just the one where everything went to shit and they didn't take it well. Alternatively, if they're ALREADY in that timeline, what about the Brightest Timeline, where they didn't have to suffer a terrible fate yet still have reason to be adventuring?

No

This is good advice. I reached out to her a week ago after some anons encouraged us to get in touch with the characters we wished we had gotten a chance to play with. She was really nice and happy to run some in char ERP sessions with me.

Does anyone have book 6 of 6 for hell's vengeance?

Probably not, the best scenarios are done well after the campaign has started and the party has established themselves as characters.

If the game was advertised as featuring ERP heavily? Sure, but nothing too intensive or hardcore, just enough that I know we're able to go about the same speed.

Otherwise? No, that's actually kind of disingenuous.

>ERP

Is /pfg/ the randiest general on Veeky Forums?

Does the PC have to be from a finished campaign or will any PC do?

any will do

Only if they were a girl (female) gm otherwise that's gay yo

Not really. Vult was so thirsty to rape eager, thirsty anons that he made an arbitrary requirement that the needed to a weapon made of an expensive material that cost most of their starting gold. He offered an option to increase player's starting gold by exactly the cost of this material if they ran a one-on-one ERP session with him. Those desperate enough to jump head first into a rape game were also desperate enough to form an orderly queue to get fucked by a DM that had no intention of actually choosing their character.

No.

Yeah, the links at the top are missing it.

The current timeline is his darkest timeline. The guy's a killer with a dad that somehow manages to be even more of a colossal bastard than he is, and his one goal in life that's remained achievable throughout all that's happened to him is to kill his dad and stop him from potentially ruling the world through the use of bioweapons.

Wait, wasn't the cost of the loan paying it back 1.5x times plus leaving something of worth as a backup?
You also got a bonus campaign trait off it too.

Witch would take over Irrisen and and basically preforms the Infinite Tsukyomi

LOGS

Or at least tell us what happened in the session.

>He was never sold to the cult
>The events that freed him never happened
>He ended up as someone's personal attack dog
>Degenerated into thinking and acting like an animal
>Rewarded for killing in the ring with food and sex
>Basically ends up as one of the male monsters from PLD

Alrighty then.

>Best Timeline: Inquisitor defeats his setting's equivalent to demon lords in the name of the god-emperor (I wish I was making this up) and gets some god pussy out of it.

>Worst Timeline: Inquisitor falls and subsequently kills himself.

Y O U ' R E A L L F A G G O T S

What games besides overlewd are going on right now?

this is a common opinion of /pfg/ held by the rest of Veeky Forums. In addition to everyone being disgusted by how blatantly /pfg/ is a bunch of weeb ERPers.

None, we is almost free

Maybe a weird question, but I'm very new to the game so I figured I'd ask.

Metamagic feats are mostly for higher level characters, right? They're not something I'd really want to invest in at 1st level?

Has anyone ERP'd with DHB? What was it like?

Blingmaker starts tonight!

His best timeline would probably have resulted in him turning down the man who came to him at his weakest hour with the first assassin contract he ever took. Which would mean:
>Never got geased
>Never renounced his emotions to stay sane
>Never began to enjoy killing
>Could still stop his old man and be the big damn hero he wanted to be

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia

Not going to do that without her permission. I'm not Rory.

>app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia
This game looks really shit.

What races are allowed in your campaigns, /pfg/?

My GM has Core, Planetouched, and Psionic races playable by default, with a few Bloodforge and Akashic races on a case-by-case basis. I've recently also convinced him to give the Yaksha from In the Company of Rakshasa a chance, and I've been playing a Rakshasa Paragon ever since.

I honestly have no problem with weebshit, but the rather absurd sexual tension in here is pretty fucking awful.

>not having a little Rory in you
We can fix that.

Hey, anyone want to play a PvP game? I have a lot of experience on how to run PvP games and would like to see what /pfg/ can come up with to try and win.

Why do yall cowards only use Text in campaigns?

I just do not understand the appeal of ERPing with a bunch of men.

>Played a carefree bard
>Travelling performer, thrived off adventure, went wherever the gods guided him
>Took a liking to some adventurers, made some steadfast friendships
>Frequently made some lighthearted sessions, i.e. did an interpretive story telling performance that got group into the likes with one of the major noble groups
>Got wrapped up in some politics and religion power struggle that was going on in a major city
>Party cleric went a bit mad when he discovered his "surgeries" to "purify" people were going against his God's will, because necromancy and all
>Part of the group met with some NPCs in an attempt to rein the cleric in, but the Bard was not informed of these secret meetings
>Campaign eventually ended when Cleric founded his own church based on his ideals which he believed were being hidden away by the former church clergy. The rest of Bard's friends were killed off fighting demons then subsequently brought back to life and "purified" as zombies. The bard was anointed as an apostle by the Cleric and worked under him, but did so more out of fear for his life over anything else

Was a pretty tragic end

Jesus Christ, Pathfinder can't even fucking handle PvE, the balance is so bad; and you want take the rocket-tag to PvP levels?

Dude, like, any system. ANY. ANY SYSTEM AT ALL. Would be better for this.

What I find absurd is the absolute amount of desperation people have for any form of intimacy or physical contact coupled with becoming extremely defensive when called out on the fact they attempt to make almost every situation sexual. It's the desperation that weirds me out. How starved for intimacy are you people?