/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Previous thread: Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/4dkW0n83
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

HUSBANDO CYOA WHEN

As always the husbando CYOA will be made when you make it

Finished the allies, now I guess I have to work on the enemies. I think I'll have various subsections for the enemies, like those that follow you, and those who are just passive but can be provoked, and then those who are hostile but either nomadic or territorial. Then the player must choose various enemies, one or a few from each subsection.

Where's the option to stay on the boat? That deal sounds horrible.

I know it's weird to post the first page after the second, but the second was the focus of my first post. Well, here's the first.

Tomorrow, around this time or maybe earlier not really sure. Depends on things.

Do you get to keep the special items after the end?

Yeah. Why, you gonna drug yourself with the marbles?

Vow of Purity. Should be easy enough.
Vow of Hygiene. Also easy.
Vow of Devotion. This is just part of being in a relationship.
Vow of Fitness. I really need to be doing this anyway.
Vow of Kindness. I try my best not to be a dick.
Vow of Wealth. I don't want to be a NEET.
Vow of Health. I also need to make myself do this.
Vow of Fortune. Yeah, fits with Vow of Wealth.

Chose not to do Vow of Frugality because I like being able to go out and enjoy myself sometimes, Vow of Disconnection because no personal internet at all is too harsh, Vow of Effort because sometimes you just want to do something for fun, and Vow of Stability because affording a place on my own isn't really viable in this economy - we need a two person income. Vow of Fate should be obvious, as should Vow of Friendship.

Anyway, that's 9, so I'll go for a Complex Avatar.

Natures: Kind, Logical, Playful

Body Modification: Exceptional Fitness, Bust Change+, Rear Change+

Mind Modification: Hobbyist (Gaming), Fetishism (my top two), Intellect

Soul Modification: Magic (small general spells)

Also added a clause that makes that clear in the item section.

You don't understand how this works. We demand content, you make it, and then we shit on it. That's the /cyoag/ way.

>I'd rather die than improve mysel

>you just get sent back into whatever situation you just died from
>still going to age and die anyway
>have to deal with either an emotionless robot in the uncanny valley or a needy permabitch until then
yeah, no, oblivion now sounds cool

>needy permabitch
>you have to shower every day and keep yourself in shape and get a job
Jesus what a sacrifice. You're right you might as well just die now.

No, that's the uncanny valley robot. Not even, since you need another vow.

IMPOSTER

I fucking love NEETs

To be fair the working one will be miserable in the very long term. No retirement sounds like a bitch.

user these people are out of touch with reality. Don't bully them.

Permabitch is not that one that requires 12 vows? because if that is true it is a pretty accurate statement

Vow of Wealth just requires a steady source of income. That would include a 401K or other retirement fund.

Even the 8 one is onerous, since many of the vows require you and you alone to do stuff, so she can't help with rent/mortgage/whatever.

My bad. Objection retracted.

Name one

Stability.

It's really just Vow of Stability.

Don't take it then?

>Vow of Purity
I’d do this anyways
>Vow of Hygeine
Likewise. I’m a stickler for cleanliness. Hopefully I can catch a break if I, idk, dislocate my leg or something.
>Vow of Fitness
Do this anyways. Would be good to have more incentive.
>Vow of Devotion
Hopefully she’s not a super bitch, but this lines up with Purity anyways.
>Vow of Frugality
Do this anyways. I want to know whether or not this accounts for me being successful. Can I spend more if I make more?
>Vow of Wealth
I fucking hope so.
>Vow of Effort
This is gonna be painful but it’ll probably be the best for self-improvement.
>Vow of Health
I hate doctors, but whatever.
>Vow of Fate
Sounds more convenient than anything.
>Vow of Truth
I do this anyways. This will just help me shore up the small lies.
>Vow of Fortune
This one’s painful, but I really didn’t want to take Kindness.
>Vow of Stability
Lines up well with Wealth.

That gives me twelve spirits, so Surreal Avatar. Seems cool to have some eldritch uberfrau as a girlfriend. Start with Affection 1, but then I’ve died for this, so we can’t all be happy, hon.
I get five natures, so:
>Naughty
You know why. Also might help affection increase faster.
>Kind
Easy.
>Passionate
The world needs more dedicated souls.
>Reserved
This one’s for me. I like dour chicks.
>Logical
Don’t be unreasonable, now.

Now this says I get 8 mods PER category. So presumably I can pick these multiple times.
Body:
(I was going to take Atypical Height, since it’s hard to find tall girls, but a %40 change is ridiculous. I either get a girl who’s a giant or legally a dwarf.)
>Fitness x 3
>Bust x 2
>Rear x 3
I had way too many points. Looks like my girl’s gonna be benching me.

Mind:
>Hobbyist x 3
>Hyper Sense
>Fetishism
>Intellect x 3

Soul:
>Affection x 3
>Charisma x 2
>Magic x 3

Wow that was fucking easy. I get a superpowered girlfriend who loves me, and a second life geared towards self-improvement. This CYOA could use some more options.

Can I just go straight to Hell? We all know that's how this ends, anyway.

>Wow that was fucking easy
That would probably be because you didn't read the rules.

First you need Satan to guide your cock

Where'd I fuck up? It said 8 PER category. Sorry, the grey font on mint background lulled my mind out of focus.

I think you might be able to wrangle out some kind of immortality deal via Vow of Fate and Otherworldly Soul + high Magic. Extended lifespan at least should be possible.

Vows:
>Purity
More than one waifu will ruin your laifu
>Hygiene
If this is a problem, kill yourself
>Fitness
This will be hard but with loving waifu encouraging me, I can do it.
>Devotion
Part of healthy relationship and high affection should prevent it from being too annoying
>Frugality
Never been one for material possessions, except my computer and even that's mostly for the net.
>Kindness
Just being a functional human
>Wealth
This is a bit harder since I'm university student and live on student aid. I'm counting it as not 'just given' because it requires me to pass enough courses and thus, if I just slack off, it gets cut.
>Health
Why wouldn't you do this
>Fate
No waifu no laifu
>Truth
This could be annoying but I think I'll manage
>Fortune
Only windfall I can see happening is inheriting my grandparents cottage. I'll be sad to lose it but technically it doesn't have much value and I would be only part of the people inheriting.
>Stability
No living in mom's basement.

12 Spirits
Surreal Avatar
Brash, Kind, Passionate, Reserved, Playful

Body:
Exceptional Fitness

Mind:
Hobby (just so that she has something to do)
Intellect x 2

Soul
Affection Boost x 2
Magic x 6

That should allow you to life fairly long with your magic waifu.

Each mod costs one Spirit. You just can spend up to eight in each.

Maximum of 8. Each individual mod costs 1 spirit.

Plus none of those vows actually aid you in any way. They're requirements you have to keep up with entirely on your own. Good luck with that.

>Purity, Hygiene, Devotion, Effort, Health, Fate, Stability, Fortune.
I like being clean; I am a devoted person, anyways (in regards to both Purity and Devotion). I always apply myself full tilt anyways. I do need to take better care of my health, so this gives me more incentive. Fortune means I can finally break my gambling habit, and stability shouldn't be too difficult.
>Naughty, Logical, Hardy.
Someone that I can be philosophical with (Logical), who I can creatively flout the rules of society with (Naughty), and who doesn't mind when life gets rough, which it is much more often difficult than it is easy (Hardy). So much winning here.
>Rear Change, Bust Change
Big tits and wide hips. Still winning!
>Fetish (Femdom), Intellect, Hobbyist (Video Games)
Shared kink, shared hobby, and she's got a keen mind; what's not to love?
>Affection Boost (2x), Magic (Healing)
Because if she's going to beat me, then she can also make me better. Also, this brings my affection up to 5, so our relationship is pretty damn awesome.

You overestimate yourselves, anons. Do you really think you can hold yourselves to these vows?

No, I gathered from this that the spirits determine the complexity of the SHELL. And then the shell determines your allotment of mods.

Otherwise it'd make no sense for the higher-tier shells to have more mod slots, since you'd never be able to afford them. You'd only be able to buy like 3 mods for a Surreal Shell, which can hold up to 8.

They're in cyoag, so any answer other than 'no' is a flat lie.

So you're just stupid then. Ok.

Hint: Read the actual text before mods.

Shells have minimum required Spirits but they don't actually cost any.

Surreal avatar is bound to give me existencial crisis holy fucking shit

You don't pay anything for the Shell, you just need a minimum of that much Spirit. It It specifically says "Each Modification costs 1 Spirit."

Congrats, you just failed your Vow of Effort when it came to reading the CYOA.

Ah, ok THIS is an answer.

Gotcha.

My advice to myself: drink more coffee.

My advice to the CYOA author: use a a different color-scheme.

The hopelessness they'll feel when they can't keep vows, and the waifu hates then leaves them will be delicious.

Plus they're still going to hell when they die, anyway.

Well, the vow requires you to just put all your effort into things, not to actually be good at them.

Would you say that it will be more or less delicious as the hopelessness of those who gave up without even trying?

Depends on if you prefer the taste of despair or failure more.

More, since the latter aren't deluding themselves. The ones going I CAN KEEP UP 12 VOWS are those idiots that make new years pledges and fail a month later. Except here they get the added feedback of their waifu looking on them in disgust.

Items selection seems a little weak, I would recommend expanding it. As for enemies, a suggestion: make it mandatory to pick one to kill, and if you take on additional ones, you get more money?

You do realize that those vows basically amount to "live like a normal, functioning human being"?

I give myself a 70% chance of success, so no, I don't think I'm overestimating myself. In fact, I'm relying on the leniency afforded by having the highest affection.

>Vows
-Purity: No issues here.
-Hygiene: Already a habit.
-Fitness: Already a habit.
-Devotion: Sure, although I'm wary.
-Frugality: Assuming it allows for a comfortably upper-middle class lifestyle without eating out a lot, already a habit.
-Wealth: Already a habit.
-Health: Partially a habit, happy to work at.
-Fate: Sure.
-Stability: Have my own home.

>Avatar
Complex.

>Natures
-Hardy
-Kind
-Logical

>Modifications:

Body:
-Exceptional fitness.

Mind Modifications:
-Hobbyist *2: Games, Literature.
-Intellect *2.

>Soul:
-Affection +2
-Charisma
-Magic: Healing

Except for that little you get a super flat person.
For the amount of points you need to get anything approaching as complex as a real human being you would have to put in effort several times greater than anyone real would expect.
In other words it's easy to just find a real girl.

Devotion - be her slave
frugality - be an ascetic
disconnection - same as above
kindness - be a saint
effort - never slack at anything ever
truth - never lie, even when it can help you
fortune - be an ascetic *3

>normal human
no

>Never being allowed to be mean to someone is "Live like a normal human"
>Never being allowed to tell lies is "normal"
>Not using the internet ever is "normal"

>internet

It says all "networks" are forbidden.

That includes the communication networks you use to call people.

You'll be completely disconnected from family and friends, the only people you'll have contact with will be work-related and only when you call them about work.

Fortune: "You will have to work for everything you have yourself"

user: "YOU HAVE TO LITERALLY TO STARVE TO DEATH".

It's called a job.

You shouldn't be mean and lie in the first place~
Also, Affection 5 directly states that at that point you can bend rules enough to use internet couple hours per day. That's more than enough for fully functioning human being.

>doesn't know what an ascetic is
I mean, i know you're samefagging and trolling, but cmon.

I hate overly powerful items. Items should be things that give you a nice push, not something you end up relying on completely. For instance, if I gave the player something like a gun without any drawbacks, then it would be too easy, even for a "moderate" island survival cyoa.

It's nice that your only refuge is pulling accusations out of your ass. But tell me, why is 'having to work for everything you have yourself' so terrifying to you?

Well, there's no way I can keep any significant number of vows, but nothing stops me from constructing a waifu who'll do good deeds in the world at large even if she hates me personally. So that's what I'd do—I'd take on a lot of vows, inevitably fail to keep them, and hope that my Avatar goes on to help other people, or humanity as a whole.

Affection 5 isn't cheap, so you'll either have a very flat one dimensional girlfriend, or you'll have taken several different vows such as not being allowed to lie or be mean.
I mean I understand if someone was really ugly or something they'd take this deal to circumvent their flaws, but otherwise its more effort than a real girl would be

The situation is that you're already dead, and given the carrot of these shitty waifus in exchange for completely inhuman behavior. It's not worth it. Much easier just to get a human girl.

It's terrifying for me because I'm getting 500k in inheritance. I don't want some random waifu burning all of my money

pastebin.com/4dkW0n83

Affection 5 is piss cheap unless you are using Surreal Avatar, which is honestly bad idea even if you had max Spirits for no effort and only reason to pick it is going for some weird build that needs more than 5 mods. Complex Avatar at Affection 5 will leave you still with 6 points to spend on things.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. It's not that the items themselves seem weak, their power levels are consistent with each other, so I can see what you're going for. Rather, I meant, the selection itself is weak; i.e. skimpy, lacking. 9 times out of 10 I'd just pick the same two things, and sell 'em to the merchant for 'stuff'.

Where can I find really tall images with backgrounds? Any help is appreciated.

What's the point of having a waifu who only loves you because of a contract?

That shitty cyoa has one irredeemable flaw: the waifus you can make from it are shit. Like you can't even make the girl pretty. You'll get an average human female, with added baggage.

Not worth playing.

>I'll go with "What is marriage?"

Post a better one then. This is also advice in general, you aren't happy with the cyoas being posted, post a better one. The pastebin in OP has links to the Drive if you don't have one on hand.

Looks aren't everything user.

>posting more waifushit cyoas
nah, i'll just call yours particularly shit even for that shit genre.

The entire cyoa is just proving 2d>3d

Well let's be realist here i am not going to be able to deal with 8+ Vows

>Vow of Purity
It is practically a free point

>Vow of Hygiene
I feel dirty otherwise another free point

>Vow of devotion
It better be mutual

>Vow of health
Sure health is important does forgetting about making appointments in the first place count? because i do that a lot

>Vow of truth
Tell the truth ok got it

>Vow of fate
I doubt that the conditions of this one will ever be a issue at all another free point

>Vow of Kindness
I am not a dick another free point

>Vow of fortune
Damm that is going to really sting in the future but i am not really lucky so it won't probably happen often

Total spirits=8 Holy shit im actually that decent?

>Complex avatar
I earned this after all well i will have to actually try to keep her but you know what i mean

>Natures: Playful Passionate and Kind
I like that

>Modifications
Otherwordly soul
Magic (x3)
Fetishism (x3)
Intellect

That's it i got my waifu and i didn't even had to put myself in too much of a trouble anons here are little bitches it is worth it in the end

What sounds more comfy, childhood friend or day trip? Any other comfy ideas also welcome

This is too early for a shitstorm to start. There's only 19 fucking damn IP's too...

Day trip with a childhood friend narrator. It is crucial that she is wearing a giant circular sun hat.

It's just one autist shilling his shitty cyoa and samefagging to make it look relevant.

>Giant circular sun hat
I always wanted one of those do they even exist?

>You'll get an average human female, with added baggage.

I really have to agree with you.

This one is great.

>I am not a dick another free point

You can't act out of selfishness.

Want a new shirt? Nope

Want your waifu to hug you and hold you close? Nope

So what happens to the soldiers stuff after he kills himself? It wouldn't technically be him "sharing" if I looted his corpse.

I think the classic anime sunhat is a mixture of multiple actual hats.

That is streching it WAY too far

How is this even a question

>not posting the latest version

Technically you aren't creating a waifu from this, though.

im gay and i also want a husbando cyoa so i will make one when i am done with my classes. relax man i know the constant hetreo waifu cyoas get annoying and stale so its up to us to make our own.

>You can't act out of selfishness.
>Want a new shirt? Nope
>Want your waifu to hug you and hold you close? Nope
That interpretation only applies at Affection 1 or 2, at most. While I'll agree that it's hardly the best CYOA, the detractors aren't paying attention to how Affection works. Tsk tsk.

>You're allowed to defend yourself, but you can't act out of spite or selfishness
No, that's exactly what's written.

Reminder that Lyleth is the best waifu.

>Worst is best
???