Kirins should be considered a dragon subespecies or a entirely diferent being?

Kirins should be considered a dragon subespecies or a entirely diferent being?

A kirin should be a kind of celestial. They're not really similar to dragons.

Are unicorns considered a dragon subspecies?

They should be considered as shit. Because they are shit.

Kirins belong to the same category as chimeras and/or unicorns. Give it the name you prefer.

Nothing to do with dragons. Although chinese "dragons" barely belong to the category themselves.

Yeah, I'd start with a Unicorn chassis.

Why they are called "chinese unicorns" when in most ancient images they have pair of antlers?

They fall under Chimera

Because the Chinese can't do anything right.

Magical giraffes.

Okapis looks more like Kirins than giraffes tho, too bad that chinese dude didn't found one of these when he went to africa

>or a entirely diferent being?

I'd put Kirin in the same "family" as Unicorns & Pegasi- maybe call them the "Scaled Horses" or something.

Think of it as the level of deviation we see in the Bovidae family, where: cattle, goats, antelopes, and sheep are all cut from the same cloth.

Now that I'm thinking of it. I might actually use this to catagorize and include other monsters such as the Catoblepas and the Questing beast- whom I've been meaning to include in my work for a while now but have been lacking a good naturalized reason for.

So, yeah, Scaled Horses: Unicorn, Kirin, Pegasus, Catoblepas, and Questing Beast- all related to one another, but in the same way a sheep is related to an antelope or cow.

Monster Hunter classifies them as Elder Dragons, but that's not a great example because they also put two sand whales and a necrophiliac octopus in the same category.

In Monster Hunter Elder Dragons are just a catchall for monsters that don't fit in any of the other categories rather than a specific type of dragon.

Unicorns and pegasi don't have scales.

Figures. Unicorns are really just fancy horses, and horses are related to reptiles because they also have cloaca.

>pegasi don't have scales

Aren't feathers made out of scales?

Ya forgot hippocampi

They are the offspring of rhinos and horses

It's a complicated family

In much the same way that you're made out of your grandparents

Source?
Looks neat- love this sort of thing.

@drakthug on Twitter

>@drakthug on Twitter

Thanks, user.
I know of and dislike this artist, but still a pretty neato dragon graph.

They seem closer to Kelpie and other water horses.