/swg/-Fandom.wikia edition

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

What's your fan theory /swg/?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sWH811TcckU
battlefront.wikia.com/wiki/Droid_Assault_Flyer
youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0
youtube.com/watch?v=NYD3QtyEGGM
youtube.com/watch?v=E5Q7CcINC8M
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ood_Bnar
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I love this paint. its simple but looks great

>What's your fan theory /swg/?
There are people out there that actually enjoy Star Wars and not just get angry about it

>What's your fan theory /swg/?
Sheev really was going to die without Anakin's intervention.

This is a theory? I thought Mace Windu was confirmed a total badass in the EU.

Or was that retconned?

Flying out to FFG now. We Worlds boys and girls.

Dark luck!

Win it chumbs!

Good luck and DARK GREETINGS

People like to say it's a theory, but George himself says that Mace won the lightsaber duel legitimately and that Palpatine was only faking being weak after. It's in the RotS commentary track.

But the movie's editing lends itself towards Palpatine throwing the fight. The novel is IIRC quite a bit less subtle about it and basically has him slam to a stop after Anakin walks in the door.

I enjoy Star Wars Just 1-6 and Rogue One. Fite Me Please don't actually. I have an RPG in 20m, so I don't have time for a fight, even if I actually wanted one.

And off he goes, the hopes and dreams of 1000's of /swg/ers or at least maybe half a dozen riding on his broad shoulders.

Now be the ball
youtube.com/watch?v=sWH811TcckU

STAT ME FOR EDGE
battlefront.wikia.com/wiki/Droid_Assault_Flyer

I would never fight you user. You have a right to your opinions and I would fight anyone who would try to change you for that.

though not liking TCW is sin enough for you. Enjoy your RPG! DARK GREETINGS

I respect your opinion because I'm on the same boat as you are but I can't stop jerking off over the Imperial Raider Corvette, what the hell is wrong with me?

That is absolutely a totally valid opinion

I respect your opinion but TCWs is pretty good even if rebels is hit or miss well mostly miss.

I like TFA more than Rogue One, and think TCW is the best thing out of the prequels but think your opinion is totally fine because at the end of the day we all like Star Wars

I liked the way TCW expanded on and filled in parts of episode III that really needed it, even if I didn't like a lot of the episodes

One thing that has always bugged me is to do with the CIS invasion of Kashyyyk. Or rather the fact that one of the two Kashyyyk maps in the original (and still best) Battlefront seems eerily prescient of the scenes in ROTS and the BII version. On a forest world you have an vehicle spearheaded amphibious invasion going up a beach to a wookie village at the back.

There are differences of course and it could be coincidence but I do wonder if there was some minimal briefing on how the Battle for Kashyyyk would be portrayed.

>On a forest world
That was meant to read more along the lines of "we know Kashyyyk is a forest planet yet the developers chose to make this an amphibious map instead of something more similar to the Endor level".

I'm not quite so stupid as to claim that battlefront invented the idea of trees on Kashyyyk.

I honestly don't remember Kashyyyk in the first BF. Is it the level with the beach surronded by platforms?

That was the one I meant yes. The other map was several connected hills/islands with scattered villages and one of my least favorite maps that was only good for gunning down wookies in the DAF.

Two Levels. Wookiee Village and beach with docks.
Speaking of BF1.

I loved the first BF. I think BF2 had better gameplay but I feel that one had the better levels and atmosphere

Indeed. I enjoy playing the conversion pack maps on BF2. Too bad they couldn't port the prone position from BF1 over... Though I guess Sprint replaced prone ultimately?

I hate both of them equally.

I grew up reading the expanded univers,
books and comics, and even though a lot of it is shit there are some very good bits as well.
I respect your right to a different oppinion,
but frankly there are elements of the expanded universe that are better than some of those movies. And plenty of good games as well.
Suffice to say I love star wars in all of it's forms, though I was violently opposed to the clone wars for the longest time I've gotten over it.

>I think BF2 had better gameplay but I feel that one had the better levels and atmosphere
This. Bespin and Rhen Var were the best, and a lot of the levels felt more dense and chaotic than the ones in 2.

BF2 had the benefit of an actually interesting Galactic Conquest mode and the 501st campaign but space combat was shallow and a lot of the other gameplay changes were mixed.

I'd agree that BF maps were very well done and having 2 maps for most of the planets was nice. Cloud City being cut from BF2 was a travesty.

I like the 2 maps more but miss Rhen Var badly. Thank god for PC

I unironically love Rogue One as much as I do Empire Strikes Back and A New Hope. It's better than Return, for me, and the rest are in a jumble behind that.

TFA could've been better, but could've been way way worse, too, and I was happy on balance with it.

Our hopes ride with you.

You are my niggas and I cherish you all.
Rhen Var and Bespin were the goddamn best shit.

So apparently people here aren't excited for NuBF2, care to explain why? The campaign trailer looked really interesting and the multiplayer looks like they're moving in the right direction.

Amen brothers. Rhen Var was so good. I have fond memories of playing against my brother in split screen versus on this shitty ass old tv in our room. Now I just gave myself ptsd remembering playing as Imperials on Endor. That fucking IeeeeeAhhhh screams from those Ewoks. I swear I got ran over by one of those furry savages riding on a speeder.

Probably just because Battlefront was a supreme disappointment in a lot of ways and was so badly handled.

That said, classes instead of that cardshit and an actual campaign has me pretty hype.

Nothing is out, nothing is shown.
We've seen a movie and a producer talk about whats going in.
Lots of hype, no demonstration.

All eras = good.
Classes coming back = good.
No season pass = good.
Actual campaign especially an Imperial one = good.

EA = shit.
NuBF1 = shit.

That's where most doubts lie.

Until they release footage of snowtroopers using grenades to knock Luke clean off the Rhen Var castle there seems to be no reason to hype.

Because EA has a terrible track record and the first EAfront was absolutely terrible. I am very very cautiosly optimistic about EAfront 2 but don't hold your breath

Nothing substantial has been released. And while an Imp-centric campaign might be a nice change of pace, I'm not a fan of the fact that you're playing as an apparently humorless Imperial version of Wraith Squadron instead of as a team of regular Imperial grunts.

Who would make a better starting antagonist for an AoR party: and ISB Agent, or an ImpInt Agent?

ISB.

ImpInt should make PCs crap their pants.

Probably ISB, but it also depends what sort of party you have - are they a normal cell blowing shit up, or are they a a full on undercover behind-enemy-lines group.

What if the Sith Empire had won?

the universe would be at peace
But seriously it'd be a while of lots of progress but slavery and war mongering rampant. The jedi would gather forces and show up eventually to fight again

Probably peace, until the Jedi come back and massacre them.

Then peace until the Sith come back and massacre them.

And the cycle repeats indefinitely as usual.

Which one?

No the Empire would of collapsed in on itself as the shitty Sith Lords backstabbed and starscreamed each other until nothing was left.

This. The Dark Age of the Republic is what you get once a unlimited bunch of Sith Lords actually start succeeding: shit tons of warlords buttfucking each other

Did you forget sith empire has existed and not torn itself apart? the infighting is frequent and happening but it still moves forward.

I assumed they have an emperor, it would be much worse without one

So if i wanted to get my gaming group to do a starwars game, which should I run for them? Whats the best "edition" so to speak?

It moves forward in spite of the sith, not because of them.
SWTOR's Imperial Agent storyline is basically 'clean up the Sith's messes while holding the empire together' the movie the game

Never ending court drama, slavery, proxy wars.

Eventually the force would push back against the rampant Dark side use and balance out.

SW FFG RPG

I really need pictures of Star Wars inspired nose art that would fit on a U-Wing in a game of Age of Rebellion I'm in.

I found stats for it on the FFG website or the order 66 podcast (or here, honestly) and we'll be using that to go too and from our shitty jungle camp.

Anyway. The Blue Lady needs a blue lady on the nose to be perfect.

I'd recommend 1e WEG D6 if you want true to the OT experience, FFG if you want a more crunchy yet narrative game which incorporates more Prequelism. (Jedi trees and Force Powers)

what's wrong with rogue one? I thought it seemed pretty good, at least compared to the garbage that is A New Hope Volume 2.

What wasn't wrong with Rogue One?

the movie was a good star wars movie

It was a bad movie, horrible Star Wars movie.

no really i dont know whats wrong with it pls hep

You realise youre just going to get a list of incredibly subjective opinions, or that copypasta about how awful women are, right?

Characters had little to no personality, some iffy fight choreography Stormtroopers are fully armoured, they shouldn't be knocked out by a foldy stick, though Chirrut's fight was pretty sick and no real arc to speak of. It did have some nice action in the latter half of the film...

I think the best way to sum it up is that the film didn't really know what it wanted to be and everything suffers for it.

Theoretically a whiplash concussion can KO a helmeted guy but a believable whiplash is pretty much impossible without actually giving the stuntmen actual whiplash.

Thank you.

A frail untrained woman beating up the galaxy's best soldiers with a plastic stick will always be the worst scene of the movie to me and up there with "I don't like sand" and "Icky icky goo". At that point RO jumped the shark.

>frail
>untrained
>plastic stick
>galaxies best soldiers

So many things wrong in this post.
But you know what, that's fine. You're entitled to your beliefs.

>untrained woman
When will this meme die.

Jyn was with Saw for years as a partisan.

Also
>Stormies
>elite

>>frail

She's pretty small in frame and height.

>>untrained

No formal training, minimal combat experience, no straight-up experience outside of skirmish/militia warfare.

>>plastic stick

Ok, metal stick.

>>galaxies best soldiers

Yes, galaxy's best soldiers.

youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0

>best soldiers
Sorry, bruv, the Imperial Army green guys are no longer canon.

Did anybody see this?

youtube.com/watch?v=NYD3QtyEGGM

>Do you need something Vader?

>I want those plans in my glove

Do they know?

Did somebody say Jedi Trees?

But stormtroopers are supposed to be the best : (

Implying I or anyone cares.

See

Yep. That's a penis.

Dr. Aphra?

youtube.com/watch?v=E5Q7CcINC8M

So who are the best soldiers if Stormies aren't?

Being small =/= frail, user.
And again, how do you know that? Saw was trained by jedi and clone troopers during the Clone Wars, so who's to say that he doesnt train his rebels as vigorously?
And we have no idea what experience she has - just dismissing it as 'skirmish and militia warfare' is completely baseless.
That said, even if it was correct, beating up a couple of stormtroopers in a backstreet is pretty much the definition of a skirmish.

>ok metal stick
Its a pretty big difference. Plus, i mean, its star wars so it could be electrified or something but we see no evidence of that. So 'metal stick' it is.

As for stormtroopers being the elite. They were in the EU, but in the films they've always been the general use troopers. Since the EU is noncanon these days, we're 'back' to the old film of 'theyre pretty good but not exactly elite, nor the best'.
Even beyond that, maybe those stormtroopers were bad at their job. Maybe they were tired, overheated, and frustrated with fighting rebels. Maybe they werent at peak.
Just saying "THEYRE THE BEST SOLDIERS" doesnt mean, in any way, that there couldnt be extenuating circumstances. It also doesnt really mean anything - doesnt matter how well a man is trained, he can still be killed/taken by someone if he's attacked by surprise.

But, really, we can argue this till the cows come home - I think it's a perfectly fine scene, and one totally in-keeping with Star Wars. You do not.

The Death Jobbers--err, Troopers

In a movie set in new canon, Stormtroopers appear to run the gauntlet from shitty grunts to relatively elite depending on where they get trained, this is because there is no more imperial Army to fill the shitty role.

You should not over-bash the one scene of them losing to Jyn (Which was admittedly not super well done) because of something that's not canon to the setting in the first place.

B1's obviously. What are you? GAR Scum?

Hey, that Penis Tree happens to be a respected Jedi Master

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ood_Bnar

Modifiedv Stormtoopers
Veteran Stormtroopers
Sepratist Propaganda

>Sepratist Propaganda

Modified veteran Stormtroopers IIRC, based on the bad batch stuff right?

Clone Troopers

D A R K G R E E T I N G S

Mandalorians

I once hear Krennic could take on an army of Mandos by himself shirtless and showing off his abs with only a blaster pistol

THE CIS WILL RISE AGAIN!
Yeeee-haaaaaw

We already have my droidbro

NuCanon has a NeoConfederate Alliance

> beating up the galaxy's best soldiers with a plastic stick
desu man they were also beaten by teddy bears

With literal rocks.

>teddy bears
With spears
large rocks

Fellow droids, we must destroy the meatbags and break our shackles!

Yeah, their crazy hold-outs are pretty fun, like having these mad as fuck Jap soldiers on pacific islands not surrendering for 40 years

>Join the Imperium
>Travel the galaxy
>Get arse kicked by barely sentient, fluffy creatures