Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Numarine AR BS2+ S5 T5 W2 A3 edition

>previous thread
>Duncan does dank
youtube.com/watch?v=WCM-xJClFSA

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf2 A3 edition

>previous thread
>Duncan does dank
youtube.com/watch?v=WCM-xJClFSA

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

kek is the empror

Toxinspike or prehensile pincer for a trygon/trygon prime?

With the probable importance of using psykers in 8th ed and having AdMech army, I thought about easiest way of getting fluffy warp charges.
Least pricey way I found was fielding multiple Psykana Divisons consisting only of one astropath.
And to make it fluffy I thought of modeling him basically as jar with psyker brain with some stuff around, maybe gun, sensors, whatever.
Question is hoe to build it. The threads of Kataphrons are way to bid for model that should be on smallest base (and to pricey).
But I do have friend with 3D printer which is nowhere close to required detail, but could serve to print base frame that could be enhanced by cut-off bits from other models/green stuff
Thing is, I started modelling some stuff in fusion360 and after some 4 hours of work, I have hardly acceptable.
Have anyone tried something like this? Or is there better way? I would like to avoid sculpting from scratch, I do not have much trust in myself.
Also this method of 3d printing stuff proved very useful, I have modelled the cylinder thing for weapon emplacement on Dunecrawler so now I can swap weapons without magnetizing.
>last thread ended during writing this, I am apparently not good enough even for posting

So, Numarines. Now we know why our Spiritual Liege was at GW HQ.

Aren't warp charges gone in 8th ed?

So has GW Made Warhammer Great Again?

Honestly, I never bother with those tail things. They never seem helpful.

They certainly want you to think so. Odds are it's going to be AOS 2.0, if it isn't then praise to New Games Workshop but you'd have to be an idiot to get hyped before you've read the whole rulebook and seen the balance between all factions.

What's wrong with AOS, mechanically? Most people complain about the fluff.

With the whole idea of command abilities, what do you think some of the different armies will get? I have a few ideas, mostly for different traitor legions and stuff.
>Thousand Sons get destiny dice
>World Eaters get blood tithe
>Emperor's Children gets something like a pool of dice that, when activated acts (fluffwise) as a hypnotizing song that forces movement so enemies move D6" closer, helping negate cover and get to combat faster
>Death Guard get to try reviving x units into plague zombies
>Night Lords get to force a leadership test + x, or maybe penetrate fearless?
>Necrons can try reviving some basic infantry units by forcing a post mortem reainmation protocols

People think it's too sinple and yet still has exploitable rules and cheese builds.

Oh, yes, my mistake, I meant get some psykers, used soon-to-be outdated wording

How do you guys settle on an army? At first, I ultimately made my choice based on the fact that one was essentially unplayably bad, and the other was actually playable. I have entry of models for both armies, mind you, so I decided to focus on the one that would be enjoyable to both paint AND play. However, the advent of 8th makes it very likely that my other army will become at least playable, and now I'm back to being torn.

Fug

Whichever looks better. Rules are going to be fucked no matter what, so as long as they're visually appealing and you have fun with them.

For me it was a toss up between 3 diffrent factions and I ended up with the army that I got the best deal on.

I don't. I own
Daemons
Dark eldar
A small (allies) force of Harliquins
Orks
Imperial guard
Assassin allies
Inquisition allies
A small (allies) force of grey knights
Blood angels

And I want to start emperors children so I can own an army painted hot pink with psychedelic colours without it looking girlish.

I would say the pincer if you really want one of the two

I didn't. I just kept starting new ones

I like how they both look, though.

That's also a problem because I got a pretty good deal on both. I'd say average cost is pushing 40% discount on everything I own.

I am terrified that is what I will become because I want to have something I can say is complete, rather than having 4+ different armies that are all in various stages of finished.

The armies I've started are all in a finished state, I would say. I don't have anything unassembled, and I sometimes go back and add stuff, but other than that they're at a point where I have a small, complete force

I currently own
Daemons 6k
Sisters of Battle 5.5k
1 of every Assassin
Deathmasque box (Harlequin and Deathwatch)

I kinda want to build more Harlequins or Tyranids atm.

Use Genestealer Cults. You can build IG as well as Nids.

Its not fucking moral, its battleshock. Tyranids arent fleeing the fight they're dragging the dead back to the spawning pools, orks aren't turning tail but that last fight has them second guessing their ammo count so maybe a few boyz go for an ammo run. If you look at the new system and sperg out on the fact that its called moral and are unable to see how it makes sense go fuck a rusty nail

What the paint status, though? I'd like to not have the grey tide.

See, having nearly 6k worth of two armies, is different than having 500-1000pts of 10 armies, though. You at least committed to one or the other.

does anyone seriously think Space Marines wont be immune to battleshock? Because if they do they are freaking out for literally no reason.

All painted. A few I still need to go back and touch up details and bases, but I've made a policy of not fielding any grey models.

Got about 1k of Tyranids, 1k of Eldar, 1.5k of Tau, and 4k of Chaos.

carrion Throne has been out for almost 6 threads and no one has posted it. Shame, TG, shame.

They won't be immune.

Also Fluff bollocks is irrelevant, this is simply "you lost a model, roll to lose more as a penalty"

For someone whos just starting would it be better to get one of the current starter sets or wait for 8th edition?

It's overly simplistic.
Flat to wound is retarded.
Battleshock is utterly retarded, and I assume that it will still be utterly retarded in 40k. It's not undefendable from a fluff perspective, but there are far better ways to implement it than how battleshock does it.

Going by what the format seems to be, traitor legions are going to have it quite nice (at least the cults)
>cultist type unit
>specialized marine variant
>terminator variant
>named champion and a primarch
>set of special lords/champions/leaders with some sort of special upgrade or mount plus lots of modelling options
Lots of potential for cool stuff, and while I'm satisfied with my rubrics I can't wait to see what the other legions gain

Would be nice to have an army to join all the newcomer friendly events they do at the launch of every new edition. What sets were you thinking about?

I would wait for the 8th starter.

The last 40K starter was mediocre and the ones before that look very dated.

To be honest, now that all the rules are going to be free PDF's, I would just buy a start collecting box. Same kind of savings but you get exactly what you want.

Might be better to get a start collecting box. Depends what army you like most

is new morale like WHF morale, with the difference in ld being how many models you lose?

its pretty much always safe to buy the actual models themselves, just don't buy any books or go too hard on models.

You can safely buy pretty much any starter box, and if you don't care about your army being "the best" or "top tier", then you can safely buy any starter box.

ye

The daemon army is growing because I am finishing up 1 set of every mono god list.
Tzeentch is basicly done, Nurgle is sorta midway.
The only Slaanesh stuff I have so far is 10 fiends and 9 Chariots.

Just wait a month or so. Jesus Christ.

>No hilarious shitposting for Sly Marbo being a thing again
I'm sad now

>9 Chariots
You're the ONE person GW was appealing to when they wrote the daemon formations, aren't you?

Cult legions will get all the love and leave the rest to be garbage. Night Lords, Word Bearers, Alpha, and Iron Warriors are fucked. Black Legion doesn't give a shit because they get to use what they want.

That formation was why I bought them.
It was an impulse buy at 50% discount.

Has 8th edition promised anything for Walkers yet?

>You're the ONE person GW was appealing to when they wrote the daemon formations, aren't you?
There are two of us.
Except I use Seekers.
I freaking love Seekers.

This has an I score. I think it's for Armageddon. :'(

I really hope that isn't the case. I wish that the non-cult legions would get fancy new toys too with cool models and nice rules.

They don't have an armor value so they're already better?

They may one day get chapter tactic style rules, but they will never have their own book.

It is.
But it's cool that GW actually listened the fans.

I will not be surprised if they make a profile for 8th edition too.

>I
hes not a thing again

What do they have now?

Why are you sad today?

I hope so too, annon. I hope so too.

desu that's a really cool conversion

I can't find anyone to play against me before 8th comes, so my friend said he would play with me. He doesn't play, but I have my Space Marine army from 3rd that I don't play. Does anyone know what are some good units to use in 2000 point competitive Space Marine army? I have enough bodies and props to proxy anything really.

Wounds and an armor save.

Everything has normalized stats now. They just said that big Walkers like 'Nauts will have a metric shitload of wounds, since even a basic Dreadnought has 8 now.

The lads of Anglican III were once again out on crusade against the heretical Silver Knights (who claimed to be relatives to some kind of mythical "Grey Knights"). For space marines they seem to recruit fast to replace all of those losses we incured in our previous battles. But played a 3000pt game of Emperors Will today Veeky Forums would you lads want a batrep?

Yeah, less Sly (who's complete shit) and more Clint Eastwood (who isn't shit).

For real?

I see they went the lazy route with fixing that then.

i hope you schooled those obvious chaos spawn. claiming to be a chapter of the emperors finest, the nerve

Oh fuck off - its an easy and workable solution that improves walkers. 40k doesn't need more rules and this accomplishes that goal.

ye, ya git keep postin'

Doesn't make it any less innovative and lack luster to me.

Being this fucking retarded.
It is from Shadow War.

Please never post here again.

Bat rep away. I was going to come today, but couldn't make it.

>shadow war
thats not 8th, friend

Goddamn boy, you need to F5 before posting.

Yeah, you're probably right. I'm hoping for at least updated models for people like my NLs buddy to have, like a new jump pack chaos lord kit or maybe some super jump pack exalted tier chaos lord guy, or things like new possessed and warsmith models. I want GW to love the other legions at least a little.

>Serge you want us to move closer to the foul sword wielding heretics?
>Yes trooper,now move or you'll be receiving a laspistol to the back of the skull.
I moved up my Chimeras to just be behind cover but in position to ambush the traitors. And my Guard blob moved up just so my Russes would get some better firing angles. And my objective was Creed for the game so if you see him he was the objective marker on my side (he said we only had one per side).

They'll never get their own shit outside of HH forgeworld stuff because they can't justify making a bunch of new shit for them like they can with Cults. At the very best, the other 5 legions will get Legion rules (there's no reason why they'll not after the success of TH). WB and BL have the most options, imho.

>Black Legion
They can cherry pick what they want because black legion, but none of the cult units will count as troops. They'll also likely miss out on keyword synergy within the cult books, and have other marked units obviously.

>Word Bearers
They can take marked units as a sort of cult-lite way of doing things, and possibly with some sort of bonus. They'll be able to use/summon daemons and will likely have keyword synergy with them, unlike the other non-cult legions.

The rest have less unique things about them that can't be summed up into a chapter tactic. They're more specialized than a vanilla Warband, but generally forfeit their marks in exchange. For example, Night Lords have Fear and begrudgingly Raptors now, though personally I think they should make Raptors and ChaAssmarines separate because they are. Maybe give them furies again?

Then you have the Crimson Slaughter, which they're pushing. I could actually see them getting cool stuff to represent their spooky ghosts.

Forgeworld will look after you better than GW. They've always carried Chaos' torch. They're the only people who make new and interesting stuff without it being covered in chewing gum and tentacles.

these kind of rules are all over the place. I expect Space Marines to be immune to battleshock or at the very least be immune under some kind of commonly occurring circumstance.

I've got an interview in Nottingham next week for a Forge World illustrator job. It's my dream job but I've never been to Nottingham and am apprehensive about living there if I got in.
Blog post over, thanks for reading.

I'm not worried about me, I have all the dust filled armor I want available with pretty designs. I'm just worried about my non-cult legion friends.

But yeah, you're right. Forgeworld will probably help them a lot more.

Tank Commander Pius Paulus had led the forces of the regiment to victory before in his hulking Vanquisher the "Steel Lady" and had his wingmates move to get a firing solution on witch and his terminator bodyguard as he went in to kill the Land Raider "Rex Indomitus".

don't post stuff like this, none of the people bitching about AoS have actually played it, and its fun to watch them freak out over nothing.

Based on what we've seen so far, how do you think wyches will be in 8th? I have a small wych cult that I couldn't bring myself to finish assembling because they're just so terrible on the table right now. I'm hoping 8th will be good to them.

I'd imagine ATSKNF to ignore Battleshock as long as the result rolled wouldn't outright kill the unit.

Forgot pic but managed to kill some 2+ cover saved terminators who went to ground with Night Fighting in ruins and the Land Raider made it's cover.

If it's bad now it can't get any worse. If they are, as I assume, trying to make everything have a chance of being useful then it can only be good.

You play a game almost every day man. I'm actually pretty jealous.

the morale post states there wont be immunity

Hey Fluff Police,

If I use a Swarmlord, but treat it as nothing more than a geared up Hive Tyrant, is that acceptable?

It's pretty easy user, just become unemployed.

Considering thats basically what he is, it makes sense

Desu, I can't identify any tyranids apart from genestealers and gaunts.

I'm just trying to figure out HOW, though. They seem fundamentally flawed at the moment because they're a melee unit with no bite and no bark.

I have tried it. But then again I nearly never bitch about AoS (I do hate it with a passion though) so you might have a point.

Burning plasma scythed down a few of the terminators even as they dove to the ground their bulky armor providing little protection. And even as a battle cannon round slammed into a Rhino the enemy was already reacting and advancing towards the crusaders.

Make that 3, I got 2 of each chariot but the skull cannon along with a bunch of seekers

Do you think this is good enough to get a foot in the foot at my local shop? I want it to be fun but actually able to do some work, any input is appreciated

All vehicles use S and T now. AV is completely gone. In addition each such unit has it's own unique AoS-style performance degredation table as they take damage. In exchange they generally have MANY more wounds. So no, not the "lazy route" at all.

I've always had a thing for Cypher and his new model is fucking nice. Plus, the first group I played in had a DA player who cheated like a bitch so fuck the DAs.

I play guard, is any synergy possible?

Good luck user

Cypher and the fallen infiltrate as melee to hold back the line while your guardsmen advance? It's fluffy as hell if you field him as he has a knack for assisting and recruiting guardsmen/PDF

Oh yes. Porting the aos monster/vehicle system into the 41st Millenia is certainly the hard route.