2000AD - Judge Dredd - The Cursed Earth: Part 2

Continuing from this is the final part of Judge Dredd: The Cursed Earth, one of the earliest 2000AD epics and quite possibly the finest Robert Zelazny fanfiction featuring Ronald McDonald and a satanic T-Rex you’ll read this year.

As always, Dredd’s good inspiration for cyberpunks and grimdark future junkies. This particular story is good for showing how you can include misfits who aren’t sticklers for rules in a group with someone who Is The Law, how to portray what might seem to be a brutal enforcer of a repressive regime in something approaching a heroic manner, and a whole bunch of really peculiar ideas to spice up encounters on long quests.

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/bbb9p8kddn8s3sp/Judge_Dredd_-_The_Cursed_Earth_[Uncensored]_(2016)_(digital).cbr
kulichki.com/moshkow/ZELQZNY/forbreat.txt
mediafire.com/folder/24q8funb7i74a/Crossovers
mediafire.com/folder/pwpd1puulxzp5/The_Pit
mediafire.com/folder/k444okr2k9t9o/Simping Detective
mediafire.com/folder/iz17fblkz00mj/The_Low_Life
mediafire.com/folder/ufdv45955l0x2/Nemesis
mediafire.com/file/yzyk13cezex2e22/Metalzoic (DC 2000AD, 1986) (Armitage).cbr
mediafire.com/file/xw7ftow7xbqdl32/2000AD_#1375b_(JDMeg._#214_Whatever_Happened_To_-_Tweak.cbr
mediafire.com/file/5m63449lvg15w67/2000AD_#152-154_Judge_Dredd_-_The_Blood_of_Satanus_(Colour_Reprint).cbr
mediafire.com/file/w17oa5y8z7v187k/2000AD_#1956_Judge_Dredd_-_Sleeping_Duty.cbr
mediafire.com/folder/9k7jz38n723yz/Apocalypse_War
mediafire.com/file/9lzj60m7m3d94j0/2000AD_#1371c_(JDMeg._#214-217)_Judge_Dredd_-_Blood_of_Satanus_II_(Dark_Matters).cbr
mediafire.com/file/94mfob3do6eeyaa/2000AD_#1534c_(JDMeg._#257-265)_Judge_Dredd_-_Blood_of_Satanus_III_(The_Tenth_Circle).cbr
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Last page The story so far... after Mega City Two succumbs to a hideous plague, Mega City One sends Judge Dredd, Lawman of the Future, to bring them a vaccine. Crossing the radioactive wasteland which is all that remains of America outside of the Mega Cities Dredd and his team encountered mutants, monsters, aliens, dinosaurs, robo-vampires and maniacs of all shapes and sizes. Finally, with victory in sight, the broken remains of an apocalyptic android army made a surprise attack. With his vehicle destroyed, Dredd was forced to walk the final sixty miles to Mega City Two across the burning Mojave desert...

Please tell me you have more download links.
perhaps for Mega-City Zero?

piratebay's no good.

And Dredd was as good as his word. Even years later he never forgot the debt he owed to Tweak, nor Tweak to Dredd.

His task complete, Dredd returned to Mega City One just in time to be accused of murder and for the insane Judge Cal to begin his reign of terror. Such is life in Mega City One.

Unfortunately I don't keep up with IDW Dredd, but I do have a fair bit of mainstream Dredd. Give us a bit and I'll see what I can do though.

mediafire.com/file/bbb9p8kddn8s3sp/Judge_Dredd_-_The_Cursed_Earth_[Uncensored]_(2016)_(digital).cbr
I do strongly urge you to get the book, if you can. Its very high quality, and its nice to see it in print again after so long.

While you're waiting, from 26 years after The Cursed Earth, "Whatever Happened to Tweak".

Hey, Shakaranon. Not to distract you from your important work or anything, but I, Zelazny fanboy from last thread, am finally at a computer as opposed to a phone.
kulichki.com/moshkow/ZELQZNY/forbreat.txt

Carry on, citizen.

Still not having a lot of luck with Mega City Zero. Honestly, I don't think you're missing much avoiding the IDW stuff. Generally speaking their Dredd miniseries are worth looking out for - Judge Dredd in MARS ATTACKS!, the original Mega City Two: City of Courts, I think there's a recent alien and predator one as well, but the main month to month title unfortunately gets panned.

The search continues. In a slight change of pace, here's a very recent one that reads to me as if its about a group of PCs.

I might. I'm also weighing either a quarterly Dredd Megazine subscription or a 2000AD one. Which do you think I ought to go for?

I've added that one panel to my censor sticker collection.

The Meg is fatter, but it's monthly rather than weekly and tends to have more reprinted material by design. That can be great, because they do actually bundle in mini graphic novel collections of a lot of their rarer stuff or put together compilations of specific writers or artists. 2000AD itself is weekly and pretty much all new material (and there's been some cracking recent stories). but it is an anthology so there are going to be times when you're not feeling anything they're putting out there.

I don't know, really. It depends on what you're looking for, how much space you have. Gun to my head I'd probably go with 2000AD, if only because I'd like to make sure they keep producing new stuff constantly, but I personally prefer to save up for the book collections because I'm a hoarder and they're very nice.

You know how I mentioned Were-tyrannosaurs in the last thread?

Only the finest minds in the Big Meg's research laboratories.

Mega City Two was great, I'll try and find Mars Attacks since I think I've already read the Alien vs Predator one.

Although if you got the links for them I'd still be a thankful thot.

I'm actually still reading through the previous thread but just want to say this is amazing stuff. I think everyone thanks you massively for the effort.

That's about all I can do tonight. If anyone has any suggestions for tomorrow I'll see what I can do. I don't have links for these last few stories (yet) but Grudd willing the thread will survive and I'll be able to upload them in the morning.

Had no luck with any of those, I'm afraid . I do have the older crossovers with aliens, predators, batman and Lobo, if that's any help.
mediafire.com/folder/24q8funb7i74a/Crossovers

Incubus in particular is a great Dredd and Aliens and crossover story, which must be a minor miracle.

These are also well worth reading
mediafire.com/folder/pwpd1puulxzp5/The_Pit
mediafire.com/folder/k444okr2k9t9o/Simping Detective
mediafire.com/folder/iz17fblkz00mj/The_Low_Life
(I've got the later parts of The Low Life here somewhere, after You Know Who does You Know What. Contemplating doing it all again. We'll see.)

Not Dredd but worth reading
Nemesis the Warlock (Satanus turns up in Book V: Torquemurder)
mediafire.com/folder/ufdv45955l0x2/Nemesis

And from storytiming in January, Metalzoic
mediafire.com/file/yzyk13cezex2e22/Metalzoic (DC 2000AD, 1986) (Armitage).cbr

Not at all, I'm glad people enjoy them. Its nice to be able to contribute something, and I hope people find them useful. I've ripped off stuff myself before and nobody ever got it, which is... a mixed feeling, honestly.

Thanks a lot m8! I'm going to look these over when I get home.

Can't wait to make Satanis a re-occurring character in my games. lol

Just stopping in to say you the realest nigga for posting all this quality Dredd. Veeky Forums doesn't deserve you.

You got any with that Russian version of Dredd? Forgot his name but he was a hypercompetent Russian agent disguised himself as a bum, and I think started WW4, never did figure out what happened to him

all the little reminisces and call backs really make this comic special

Letting a Dredd thread fall off the board is publishable by ten years isocubes.

Indeed, citizen. You should join the peepers

As promised:
mediafire.com/file/xw7ftow7xbqdl32/2000AD_#1375b_(JDMeg._#214_Whatever_Happened_To_-_Tweak.cbr
mediafire.com/file/5m63449lvg15w67/2000AD_#152-154_Judge_Dredd_-_The_Blood_of_Satanus_(Colour_Reprint).cbr
mediafire.com/file/w17oa5y8z7v187k/2000AD_#1956_Judge_Dredd_-_Sleeping_Duty.cbr

There's quite a few "Whatever happened to" stories about minor characters from the early days, from the well known ones like Maria, John "Giant" Clay and Otto Sump to ones like the homicidal robot cook who appeared in about six pages of the gigantic Oz story.

There's been quite a few Sov Judges down the years, but I think you're talking about Orlok the Assassin. He was a master of disguise, he kicked off the Apocalypse War by spreading the Block War agent and in many ways he was a mirror to Dredd and Psi Judge Anderson. Perhaps even more so to Cass than Joe. I can certainly dig some of them up. The first appearance is here, in Block War
mediafire.com/folder/9k7jz38n723yz/Apocalypse_War

That leads onto The Apocalypse War, which if you haven't read it is one of the defining classics of Judge Dredd's entire history.

And the answers. Cheating on an official test is a crime!

That's some heartwarming shit right there.

It is, but at the same time its suitably warped. Looked at another way the Orwellian government enforcers shot a special needs child and then recruited them to inform on their neighbours as a reward. Its all very "awww... wait."

Who's up for Satanist dinosaur cultists

I know I am.

First, a brief history of The Dark One..

And now the story proper: THE BLOOD OF SATANUS II!

How does Judge Dredd deal with speedsters who move to fast for the human eye to see?

>betraying a friendly cat
fuck that guy, man

Thusly.

I love Dredd's expression in the last panel. He's not shocked, he's not worried, he's just somewhat irritated.

Despite the fact that the Judges instituted very strict controls on them, there are quite a large number of religious institutions in Mega City One. This one should probably have been given a second look before it was authorised.

it'd be strange to be shocked after three(?) other run-ins with were-tyrannosaurs over the years

I do think Duke Mighten might be my favorite guy for dredd art, though. He does nice faces.

Have you looked at your toes lately, anonymous?

How thoughtful, a disinfectant swab before the sacrifice.

mediafire.com/file/9lzj60m7m3d94j0/2000AD_#1371c_(JDMeg._#214-217)_Judge_Dredd_-_Blood_of_Satanus_II_(Dark_Matters).cbr

Satanus would return in Blood of Satanus III, a direct followup to this story which is... peculiar. John Hicklenton's alarming art certainly looks like very little else and sets the mood well.

mediafire.com/file/94mfob3do6eeyaa/2000AD_#1534c_(JDMeg._#257-265)_Judge_Dredd_-_Blood_of_Satanus_III_(The_Tenth_Circle).cbr

Why does dark matter send people to hell?

I'm not going to do the whole thing, but I'll put up the first bit so you can get some idea whether you want to carry on. Then again, it goes Full Mills shortly after that, so be warned.

Forget it user, this is Millsworld. You've just got to roll with it.