Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Whats your favorite archetypes from this book? I know a lot of people are talking about the barbarian, but is anything else in the book interesting? Magic items ect?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

sites.google.com/site/pathfinderogc/classes/core-classes/wizard/archetypes/paizo---wizard-archetypes/undead-master-wizard-archetype
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric/archetypes/paizo-cleric-archetypes/undead-lord/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So what's the haps on Starfinder?

Anything good I should look forward to about it?

I've never seen a Pathfinder book that wouldn't have a fucking ugly, terrible, and unfitting cover.

I dunno, that actually seems kind of fitting for the Darklands.

We just don't know enough yet.

I wish Blightburner Kineticist was just a set of talents for Earth and Void, to be honest. But that's also because I'm a big kineticist fag

Only one of my examples here explicitly is. →

Though I'll agree that these kinds of characters being evil would be more thematic and typical.

And here's some more.

Makes sense to me. Just because you are evil does not mean you have to be. Imagine Eins from Overlord

...Honestly I'm kind of hoping that Starfinder is good.

I hate Overlord and hate that it gets mentioned in these threads.

I haven't had a chance to look at it yet myself, so I'm eager to hear about what I have to look forward to!

Also, I'd welcome some thoughts on this, for a less spec-dependent ability to try to throw people: If you have an established grapple with a creature lighter than your light load, a successful grapple check allows you to treat them as an improvised ranged weapon on your next attack, with a range increment of 5 (+5 for every 10 by which the grapple check succeeds).

I figure I'll calculate damage on the fly, but I've got a player who's going grabbing-style half orc tetori in a fairly theatric campaign, and I want a throwing mechanic that feels like it comes out of Kung Fu Hustle more than WWE. Thoughts? Too broken to work? Passable?

Thanks. Any image macro for the races? I want to show them to a friend.

Is that one of them chinese cartoons

Yes, its a really bad isekai

Most of 'em are really bad so that's no surprise

I read that as "Elvis the Overlord" and was VERY CONFUSED for a second.

Make one for Macross and SCHMUPS, but have it end with everyone having a good talk

its worse than normal honestly.

These are the core races, though it's worth noting that the June preview will supposedly include statblocks for a few more, as well as conversion rules for other Pathfinder races.

If you DON'T stat elvis as a level 20 lich bard, then what are you doing.

>If you DON'T stat elvis as a level 20 lich bard, then what are you doing.
You son of a bitch, now I have to make him my next villain.

To the Raven user, just speaking ability wise Raven might just be the weirdest one to make for a PC meanwhile some other people like I-no might just be a bard turned to 11 multiclassing wizard or something

I'm your GM.

I'm letting you multiclass in a batshit way and don't care what the consequences are, where you can take the benefits of any class's level AT the level you take it. So if you're a Fighter 2 and for your 3rd level you take Wizard, you gain a 2nd level slot and zero 0th and 1st level slots, just like a Wizard 2 would have gained from his 3rd level.

How would you hurt me?

What's the one on the very left?

share the statblock when you do. You can introduce him as 'The fallen king, risen again as overlord or song'

I'd tell you I love you.

And never speak to you ever again.

Like literally nothing about anything they do about the things I listed except for the Knight of the Sepulcher explicitly includes doing or being evil. And even that one is only because they have to be Evil aligned because they're Anti-Paladins.

Any thoughts on this would be welcome please ;A;

I want an Isekai starring some redneck from rural Arkansas and his city-slicker cousin. Have the redneck be a master of common sense and jury rigging stuff, and have his city-slicker cousin be the negotiator and the one who THINKS he's right but the tropes and such he associates with Isekai and anime media are all wrong, they're actually in a much more Western-inspired setting

Human Overwhelming Soul Kineticist 1/Paladin 1/Oracle 1/Kineticist X/ Wendo Caller Spiritualist at level 6 and 11

Lashunta, a race of telepaths.

Lashunta. Psychic race with sexual dimorphism from a jungle planet

electroshock clamp attached directly to the prostate

I'd bounce between Rogue and Sorcerer right in front of you and make you watch

Passable. Check out the 'hurl' rage power from the barbarian. It works similar to what you are looking for

I'd bounce on your lap after the session, if you'll let me!

I'd tell you to take mercy on yourself and just run gestalt instead

What is your discord

I don't use discord.

It's safe to assume there are no males on that cover?

no

the Ksatha, Ysoki, and lizard man are probably males. The bug is likely female.

Probably play a paladin like I always do but take 1 level in negotiator bard to add half my class level to diplomacy.

Well, the shirren apparently have three genders. It's kind of a toss-up.

Are you me?

How do you refer to the third gender? It?

Xer

which classes are these again

Oh, I hate this.

>tfw no reverse-Isekai where an Andoren (Taldan Human) Alchemist, an Osirioni (Garundi Human) Cleric, a Qadiran (Suli) Slayer, and an Absalomi (Half-Elf) Sorcerer find themselves in the middle of the tabletop games room at an anime convention

He/His
She/Hers
Shklee/Shklaeok

Off the cuff he'd probably be like, a UMonk with a super overloaded unique template that contained Regeneration [Insert Number Here] (None) and DR [Half HD]/-, and at-will Beast Shape II (Tiny Raven only). There's not really any other way to go about it. The majority of GG characters are like that though, and any attempts to build them probably will have to tune power levels/distribution to be more in-line with what pathfinder would allow. Some are just much easier to re-imagine down to pathfinder than others.

Males are aesthetically less appealing even if you like them. There's no point drawing any unless it's literally a case like Lashunti where there's an actual mechanics reason you'd want a male.

They'll probably be something completely made-up and unrelated to anything Earth-based. Like calling them "Kren/Kresh" or something.

>Males are aesthetically less appealing even if you like them.

>Paizo is so down on their luck they can't even risk lost sales with a man on the cover

Oh man, I'm already loving this. Giving him Frozen Note. Paralyzes the party with his guitar and forces them to watch the timer count down before the bomb goes off, killing them all. He doesn't care, he's a lich, he'll be back in a few days.

Haven't the foggiest. Apparently they refer to said gender as "host", and it acts as an incubator in reproduction.

This is objectively false unless you're talking about anime girls

>it acts as an incubator in reproduction
Wow, talk about a genetic third wheel. Must be a miserable lot.

Well I mean if you hired a thirsty straight bitch artist you could say "do whatever you want" and get shafted with pics of boys, but any other time nobody on board should have any stake in or anything to gain from drawing men. Why would you, when you can draw women?

Its like when aliens lay eggs inside host creatures, except this is a gender evolved like that.

>why would you [action] men, when you can instead [action] women?

Oh you're so funny, spouting your nonsense again.

Well, their race used to be part of a predatory hive mind-God knows what sort of genetic/ecological niche they were made to fulfill.

Can Hiveminds even have kinks?

apparently the reason they have a third gender is because they don't have enough queens to expand their race as fast as they are supposed to. So while the host is gestating the eggs, the females and males produce more. (Barring whatever their queens did)

>kinks
Cuckoldry, if this is anything to go by.
>Hey, I'm just gonna fuck this beautiful space princess here, and you can, like, take care of our kid for us.

Which class offers the best options for a general necromancer?

Which class offers the best options for a necromancer that doesn't want anyone to know he's a necromancer?

Damn.

You will not get away with being a secret necromancer, detect evil exists and will ping you and your undead instantly

Stop.

Undetectable Alignment exists, user

>Which class offers the best options for a general necromancer?
Wizard
>Which class offers the best options for a necromancer that doesn't want anyone to know he's a necromancer?
Wizard
>Which class offers the best options for...
Wizard

Yeah but that doesn't stop Deathwatch does it.

Nor will it explain why your 'TOTALLY NOT SKELETONS' disintegrate the first time someone channels positive energy.

How the fuck are you going to cast that on all your undead slaves?

>Best options for a general necromancer
Cleric, all around. There is no necromancy class better than cleric.
>Best class that offers options for a necromancer not to be known
Wizard. They have ways to hide their shit easier than a cleric.

Cleric is actually the best Necromancer.

>general necromancy

Spiritualist makes for a fun flavor of Necromancer, if you take the Necrologist archetype. Medium w/ the Hierophant spirit can actually switch between positive/negative energy channeling and can get some good cleric spells for reanimating folks. A Necroccultist/Occultist using the normal Necromancy implement can also have a LOT of undead minions .

What about any Sphere Caster. I feel like those would shit on any necromancer really hard.

Is PLD happening tomorrow? Who's gonna get it?

Actually not true, Clerics make much better necromancers, and arguably Occultists can make very good ones too. Wizard-Necromancers are more talented at using Bad-Touch spells rather than summoning hordes.

The new member's probably going to ride in, mounted on a horsecock

Well, I know how I'm going to be playing these guys. A gender of bitter cucks, who know that they're genetically dead-ends while they're forced to watch after the happier gender's kids.

Vult has said several times that it's Lysander's turn in the rotation

Not anymore, sites.google.com/site/pathfinderogc/classes/core-classes/wizard/archetypes/paizo---wizard-archetypes/undead-master-wizard-archetype

FUCK OFF

There are plenty of ways to hide your alignment. Are you retarded?

Why is a character that can use Deathwatch (a necromancy spell) going to give a shit if you're a necromancer?

What if your group doesn't have anyone that channels positive energy?

If you're smart about it then there won't be any need for your group to try to determine the alignment of your undead slaves.

Assuming your group doesn't have a good cleric/paladin or anything similar it's not like you're going to have someone trying to sniff these things out. If you're not complete garbage at bluffing and disguising then there's no reason anyone would be suspicious enough to check in the first place.

Do you spergs even know what roleplaying is? It's the entire foundation of the game you're playing.

Generally spheres arent allowed in play, but in general spheres are a lot more overpowered compared to even clerics. (which is saying a lot.)

Maybe they end up as hoardfighters for their space queen.

Wizards are good necromancers if you don't mind losing a lot of your minions. They are much better at necromancy spells that deal with fucking people directly, rather than having your minions fuck them. Example being touch of death, finger of death, etc. (I like finger of death because you are just giving them the middle finger with your high DC necromancy saves.)

Clerics on the other hand, they summon hoards very well, can buff all their minions with their multitude of buff spells and area enforcing spells, and can heal and bolster their minions even further. While gaining sick-ass cleric spells.

>but in general spheres are a lot more overpowered compared to even clerics
t. Retard.

>MUH GOOD NECROMANCERS

fuck off nigger.

user that is just making up for what a wizard lacks in the terms of the necromancy department. Clerics still have the better end of the deal with their (actual) channel energies and multitude of other spells not gained. Plus they have a similar archetype.

d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric/archetypes/paizo-cleric-archetypes/undead-lord/

Soul Weaver might work, especially that archetype from the war book.

You'll be good necromancer, but unless you build for it you won't be raising a whole army, and you'll be either shit or incapable of any other types of play if you want to be really good at necromancy

I didn't say anything about being good aligned.

Can you even read?

but it's not

Right

What's going to happen to Lysander?

FUCK OFF

So you can't read? I don't understand.

Can you really not fathom why an evil aligned necromancer wouldn't want people knowing about what he's doing on his own time?