EDH/Commander General

"Post Your Decklist Faggot" Edition
Previously on EDH General:
RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread question
Do you prefer WOTC banlist or Sheldon & Co. banlist?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-frog-is-loose/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/t-o-x-i-c/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Azami is a terrible example if you're trying to come up with commanders that only work if you spend tons of money

They're both kinda shit, but I'm more used to Sheldon's list and my decks are tuned for it. If I had to start over with one of the lists, maybe WOTC's, but it misses some important things and hits some things that don't really need to be.

I invite you to reread my post. I didn't say Azami was expensive, I said skimping on costs cripples the deck.

I wouldn't mind switching, I don't care either way and this list mitigates some more expensive stuff so I wouldn't need it and also eliminates switching cards between decks some, but the problem is of course right now the most played list is probably still the RC's. If it ever became the case that the MTGO list became the one 90% of people play, I would make the switch.

How about that decklist, user.

If it did become the more common one, then I would switch just for the sake of it. Neither are truly good lists, but they both have some high points.

Wizarda by far but it's for 1v1.

I'm baffled WOTC omitted Metalworker from their banlist. If they banned Cradle what the fuck were they thinking?

I feel like if WOTC were to make a banlist for paper Commander, they wouldn't put Sol Ring on it since they reprint it in every precon. They obviously don't mind it being used and I find it odd that they bothered putting it on the MTGO list.

Not him but can I post my shitty budget gitrog list?

Well when you can't turn 1 Metalworker it isn't that much of a problem.

Sure, user.

Ok don't be surprised that it's shit though

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-frog-is-loose/

This, it's still a very strong card, but when you ban the rest of the fast mana it's usually only about as good as a thran dynamo

>Yisan banned

Do they hate tool box or some shit?

Plus it's an artifact creature in a format where being either is a significant vulnerability.

Yeah, it makes the deck too consistent in 1v1. Your opponent has to try to assemble their plan while Yisan just pulls it right up for you.

The deck it enables is Sidisi Ad Nauseam levels of boring shit.

Looks fun. I'd play it. With some many basics did you give any thought to boundless realms?

>implying metalworker was only a problem turn 1
>implying that was a common scenario

Come on now.

>Do you prefer WOTC banlist or Sheldon & Co. banlist?
Hard to say. I'd rather have Primetime and Primordial banned than fast mana, but it's ridiculous that Food Chain and Doomsday are legal in the Sheldon list.

>"Post Your Decklist Faggot"
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/t-o-x-i-c/

This deck has been exceeding expectations. It plays so well on the defense, and has a ton of combo potential. I'm considering making it less combo-y and adding more utility. I'm considering Spidersilk Armor to let my snakes block for me in the air, too.

Shouldn't the WotC banlist really be compared to the Duelcommander one? They're both supposed to be built for the sake of 1v1.

Did you not read the article? It's for both 1v1 and multiplayer. Online only for now, but they have a bunch of data on their side and are going to be changing the list by doing that.

The biggest thing I am excited for is the banning of fast mana, particularly Sol ring. If they stop putting it in commander products Sheldor may ban it as well. Heck there is the possibility the two could be unified under wotcs banner.

>I'd rather have Primetime and Primordial banned than fast mana

i dont understand how anybody can have this opinion

>but it's ridiculous that Food Chain and Doomsday are legal in the Sheldon list.

right but the magic online list missed a couple important ones like ad nauseam

none of the lists are really acceptable desu

Never really considered it, meta isn't that cutthroat to fully warrant a degenerate deck.

My group saw the banlist and were excited over all the rulings. Not too sure how I feel about certain cards being allowed and the banning of all fast mana really fucks over many of my decks, if it ever becomes official I'll have to either do complete rehauls or just stop playing altogether

>Did you not read the article? It's for both 1v1 and multiplayer.

Yeah, but they said they designed it with 1v1 in mind.

What are some cards players in your group treat like they're broken and get upset about?

How long until Wotc takes over commander and we get commander GPs?

Pereagrine drake

Luminarch Ascension

Narset

This fucking thing, the bitching slowed a bit when people started playing red.

Hopefully never.

I'm actually trying to figure out how to make a second "fun" deck.

One of my decks (Gwafa Hazid) goes out of its way to make EVERYONE draw cards. Players enjoy it at first, but I crave the moments when we start drawing eight cards on our draw steps and someone starts complaining about drawing cards. And that's BEFORE Forced Fruition hits play.

I wish to make another goofy deck like that where everyone's having a good time without it just making the game shorter. Forced combat featuring pic related, maybe?

what's some neat tech for magosi? i was looking at this and glacial chasm

Crucible of worlds

Ashnod's Altar they are right

>for Magosi

What?

Are there any interesting UR decks? Seems like it's all either spellslinging or combo

what makes a deck "interesting" to you? Some people think jhoira is interesting because there is no commander like her. But other people think jhoira isn't interesting at all because they've seen too many jhoira eldrazi-obliterate decks

UR artifacts can be decent. And Jhoira can be made interesting like the other user said.

Define interesting

Apparently the MODO list will be for both 1v1 and multiplayer because the fucking software runs on win92 and can't handle two commander banlists or "banned as commander".
So if you play online say goodbye to Sol Ring, Mana Vault, Mana Crypt, Entomb, Doomsday, Hermit Druid, Oath of Druids, Necropotence, Mind Twist, Moat, Humility, Serra Ascendant, Natural Order, Survival of the Fittest, Sensei's Divining Top, Edric, Darevi, Yisan and Zur even if you never play 1v1.

A deck that isn't immediately obvious based on the commander. I've seen far too many Melek/Mizzix storm, Niv Curiosity, or Jhoria Eldrazi.

I'm considering Keranos Clones.

Thank God.

That's not a deck, you've just thrown random cards together with a random commander.

Keranos 60 lands MLD burn could be cool

Play mizzix proliferate.

why 60 lands? keranos just gives you a redraw when you hit a land

That's the idea. You play a bunch of extra lands because you can afford to draw them.

>Zeus
>Keranos
>Both thunder/lightning gods

>Zeus
>Transforms into mortals and animals, then fucks them
>Is a shapeshifter

Don't crush my vision user

Heliod is actually the Zeus equivalent in Theros.

how are you benefitting from drawing extra lands though? some sort of discard fueled value?

seems like you would want to be getting more keranos bolts instead of more lands off the top

this card is balanced but I hate it because its logistics nightmare that makes its owners turns triple in length, but doesn't let them combo out and win so you get these awful sliwass durdle turns.

Faggots always use it with token spam and its just dice vomit on the table. I think this is my least favourite EDH catd ever.
Fuck Cathars Crusade.

Anybody have a sidisi list?
I'm trying to put together a brood tyrant list that isn't a lab maniac or mill wincon, just assloads of tokens. Any pointers?

Heliod is Chronos.

Difference is with Heliod, "sticking his spear in it" is not a double entendre.

forgot pic

I don't know what leads you to believe that but you're wrong.

Wich is better for a dragon tribal deck? Atarka or Karrthus? I don't want to use Scion since it ends up being a reanimator deck wich tutors for always the same stuff and that makes for some uninteresting and boring gameplay.

I like the idea of cloning someone's Karrthus and stealing their board.

Never play karthus, you get blown out by clones and he doesn't offer much to you.

He's a paranoid asshole and is writting his own death sentence, self fulfilling prophesy style.
Wouldn't be surprised if his next victim is Kruphix for daring to know there are things more powerful than they are.

>Forced combat featuring pic related, maybe?
Hell yeah mate.

Give them creatures
>Goblin Spymaster
>Varchild's War-Riders
>Hunted Dragon
>Hunted Troll
>Haunted Angel
>Genesis Chamber
>Rite of the Raging Storm
>Akroan Horse

Force them to attack
>Goblin Spymaster
>Fumiko the Lowblood
>Grand Melee
>Goblin Diplomats
>Curse of the Nightly Hunt
>Warmonger Hellkite
>Total War

Make sure they're attack each other instead of you
>Kazuul, Tyrant of Cliffs
>Ghostly Prison
>Sphere of Safety
>Crawlspace
>Raging River
>Moat
>Chaosphere

And then throw in all the damage doublers you can find.

I really hope the WOTC banlist catches on in the long run. Everybody knows that Sol Ring is a ridiculous card. When I asked people in the place I play at about it they all agreed. They still play it though. If Sol Ring was gone, there would be way less explosive starts and everyone essentially had an additional slot for cards in their decks, since it is basically auto-include in all decks right now. Also there wouldn't be any more bullshit drama just because certain people have Sol Ring suspiciously often on their starting hand.

I just realized that I should totally put this in Selvala.

Banning Sol Ring is going to change commander so god damn much
It'll hurt the hell outta me and I'm sure countless anons but you're probably right.
People will be forced to see the true love that is Worn Powerstone

Just saw the Amonkhet trailer for the first time and it was actually hype as fuck. Until Chad shows up, of course. I'm so glad they're gonna move away from the Jacetice League.

They're moving away from their card ratio, not story presence.

Where are people getting fake cards from?

China.

Ancient Tomb, Urzatron, Chrome Mox, Lotus Petal, Mox Diamond, Mox Opal, Grim Monolith and Metalworker are still unbanned

I'll look around. Not looking to sell them or anything, I just want to run commanders with a bunch of colors without spending fuckloads of money so I can have some 2% better odds of getting my colors or some shit.

Why would you ban Chrome Mox, Lotus Petal, Mox Diamond and Mox Opal? They have serious drawbacks and aren't played that often.

Because "muh fast mana"

The point is that these cards have negative aspects and you actually have to think about wether you want to include them into your deck or not. Sol Ring on the other hand has no drawback whatsoever.

It's pretty clear you don't play at a competitive level because Chrome Mox Mox Diamond, Ancient Tomb and often Lotus Petal are auto-includes. Their disadvantages aren't enough to balance out the entire extra turn they grant you.

Aww man. Fuck that. I fucking despise that shitty Mary Sue conglomerate. At least it was only Gerrard with the Weatherlight crew. The rest were actual characters.

I wanna build around all those new discard/cycle tools. What would be the best general for it? Obviously would have to be at least B/U because Archdemon and Drake Haven.

>finally got out of the "can't stop building new shitbrews" swamp and focus on one deck
>order a bunch of cards for it
>EDH night tonight and I don't want to play my main deck until I get the new cards and the other decks are uninteresting
>but I still really want to play
What do?

Zur is definitely the best because Astral Slide.

I just want someone to die, please. I dont give much of a shit about mtg's story because it's badly written anyway, but the blatant LGBT reddit pandering gets on my nerves. I want at least one of those asinine characters to die a painful, slow death. Hopefully featuring one of bolas's horns up someone's ass.

Gideon basically has to die at this point.

Is there a reason why this card is $30? I get it's just grants you the win after two turns and you can excelerate it. But why the high price tag?

Sometimes I ask a friend to let me borrow one of his decks if im bored with mine.

suicide

Power through with the main deck, it'll make playing with the new cards even more satisfying when they arrive

Shame it's not gonna be Nissa or Chandra. The latter in particular is one of the worst written characters I've ever seen.

Ask if they feel like mixing it up with like Planechase or something.

Playing a casual tournament at my lgs so these won't do even if they're nice.

I'll probably go with one of these.

>I get it's just grants you the win after two turns

I think you'll find that it says "Draw"

They're not going to kill 2 monowhite walkers in a row. Liliana will die so they can bring her back as a lich 2 blocks later before Gideon gets offed.

But is it overpowered or just boring and linear?

Heliod is obviously a mix between Helios/Apollo and Zeus. He might have the writing his own death sentence part down, but that's where all the similarities end.

If you didn't win, then I won.

this. helps mix it up and gives you a chance to see how their decks play more

honestly i think neither one of them is that great. WotC is so out of touch with their player base that nothing they ever put out would help anything and they would probably use it more to funnel people into playing their yearly precons. sheldon and co. are too slow to react to things and the banning of stuff based on their personal experiences is a dumb way to do it. they also see to ban things that dont make sense or need to be banned imo

sol ring isnt banned because the second you ban it a stupidly more expensive card would replace it. it wouldnt "open a new slot" in decks, it would just make decks more expensive

its a reserve list card