Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Nobz in a 'Naut meme magic edition

>previous thread
Duncan does dank
youtube.com/watch?v=WCM-xJClFSA

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf2 A3 edition

Other urls found in this thread:

natfka.blogspot.com/2017/05/new-insights-and-rules-for-8th-edition.html?m=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for woof pussy

First for going back

Hey 1d4dditors, ready to get BLACKED?

It should be Fenris getting eaten by Leviathan, not Baal.

Nid players, I'm looking at getting back into the game, since melee sounds like it will be fun.
How many boxes of hormagaunts should I buy in June? I was thinking 6, 4 squads of 18. Should I do more? Less?

Which book will you get first?

Why would you want to play a shit tier army?

>Tyranids assimilate traits
>Yiffstealer cults

Why does anyone play anything other than Riptide Tau?

>Start
>Collecting

Wait until the rules are out before you pick up anything. There's sadly a chance nids will be completely fucking worthless again.

Assuming their rules actually come out good though, a fairly decent amount would be around 40-60 horms. Over 70 is a just a little bit much but it's totally doable if you want a very swarm-heavy list.

Need some Cat Guard too.

I would gladly donate genetic material to the yiffstealers.

I'm a nidzilla guy. Though I'm sick of Hive Tyrant: The List. And I have to give GW money so they know I support them. :^)
Waiting for the rules. Sounds like June though. Even if they are worthless I still might play them. That or some furfag Fenrisian list. I'm not a WAACfag.

Fortifying this thread brothers!

>imperial shits
Go back to 1d4ddit

Only after you go back to 1/b/4dd/fitlit/

>I play Chaos Space Marines

You first, 1/d//3/dd/lit/.

Why don't bolters have shoulder stocks?

It's like the marines want to be inaccurate.

Because they have power armor, so they don't need the stabilization.

>needing a stock
>with an auto-sensing data-linked smartsuit and gyrofin ammunition
Yeah, where's their powder horn too, how do they reload without those?

guys i just realized something...

the new servohauler set is amazing for ork players.

The little vehicles can be converted to grot tanks and the claw itself with a bit of handiwork and a battlewagon can be converted to a lifta droppa.

or something i might try and do is mix this with the container set and convert it all into an ork 'waaagh train'

possibilities here are amazing!

I would post a slowpoke.jpg reaction image, but I can't be a dick to someone full of such pure and good enthusiasm for hobby conversions.

So what is tomorrow suppose to reveal for 8th ed?

Lore.

So now that WoM and GS have given us the perfect excuse to soft reboot the Space Wolves, would anyone else like to see a new direction for them where most of the gratuitous wolfiness and wolf unit are removed in favour for a stronger viking look?

Thank you user

>implying the don't become actual werewolves with wolf-everything

They'll reveal that everything so far was fake and they're going to discontinue all of their miniature games so they can break into the pachinko machine market.

I think that would surely be the death of Games Workshop. They cant make a functioning Table top game how they hell are they going to make a pachinko game that people want to play.

>gw are actually just konami in disguise

So, what rule topics are left for them to tease?

We know FOCs and stuff are coming tomorrow. Could see them tease vehicles and (dis)embarkation rules. We also still need melee weapon stats. What else is there realistically?

komoney
goys workshop

This had better be good. This better not be "hey guys there are new space marines coming and they're even smarter, stronger, and have even more powers than a regular marine to help the Imperium against the forces of chaos."

I think they're trying to actually use the narrative as a tool to phase out the current marine miniatures. Is this how we're going to update miniatures now?? Say that every time a miniature gets an update, A NEW BREED HAS ARISEN, give me a break.

start teasing some army specifc rules.
like how synapse or the new chapter tactics work.

Don't you know why the pauldrons are there? They store the powder horn, ball, and patch!
They use their inert dicks as the ramrods, though.

They'll probably be Thunder Warriors 1.5, kinda like the Marines Corvus Corax used. The Mechanicus part was just to make them more stable, but something something HARD TO GET RESOURCES, so they'll be an elite troop, like Grey Knights.

Screenshot this and think back at it when the truth is revealed.

You mean Nu Goyims' Cuckshop?

Where the hell is the new White Dwarf?
May 4th and still the April edition on the shelves

It's out on May 5th.
I already have it

natfka.blogspot.com/2017/05/new-insights-and-rules-for-8th-edition.html?m=1

>deathwing and GK are great again

>(((naftka)))
stop

They still will be slow after they deepstrike or get out of a transport. Either way, it wouldn't be surprising if the meta swung to favor some less used units to an extent.

>Assaulting units get +1 attack
this puts doubt on the whole list, as its been implied to not be the case already

Why did it take them so long, 2.5 years they are claiming, when all they did was copy paste age of sigmar?

Because Age of Sigmar was a beta test for the new 40k?

This bait stopped being effective ages ago

What faction do you all play, and why do you play it?

all of them probably

that said they already confirmed that the books are imperium, chaos, and then three xenos books (think of the really cheap grand alliance death book), it'll probably be eldar, nids, and then orks+necrons

>Black Templar Neophytes buff
Confirmed false news. They wouldn't give BTs any upside.

Thousand Sons, space wizards are super cool, Egyptian space wizards are even cooler.

>Nids getting a wholr book
Yeah right.

Because running fire warrior spam makes you play imperial guard but better

Dark Angels because I fucking hate traitor scum also Deathwing and Ravenwing have god tier lore and aesthetic.

And in higher point games I throw in Officio Assassinorum because they vaguely remind me of Solid Snake.

Pretty much Also Necrons because they're space egyptians with super high tech

Get the Swarm box, it has 4 boxes worth and a ton of other nids

Tau and Crons will probably share a book and Mods will get lumped in with Genestealers and Orks, as the former two are shooting armies and civilzed empires where the latter 3 are melee-ish hordes of barbarians/monsters.

Tyranids.

A galactic horror from another galaxy made up of hyperevolved super-predators who's only goal is to consume.

Pretty fuckin' rad.

Not to mention GSC have an Old Gods kinda feel, and I love that shit too (same reason that I like Necrons)

Tyranids and GSC are two armies. That's the same amount of armies that would be in the chaos book.

>- Invulnerable saves simply ignore armour penetration up to the given value. They are not that common, wave serpents and Canoptek wraiths have one
Of course why wouldn't the most common Eldar transport get one, hope you like your lascannons being as effective as lasguns
>- Most power fields, etc. are separate saves that are taken in addition to other saves just like FnP of today, they may or may not ignore mortal wounds on a case by case basis
If Orks keep their Kustom Forcefields, I wonder if it will still be a bubble
>- Deepstriking units can be placed anywhere. Every unit with deep strike has a value. Have to beat it to land on target, otherwise opposing player can move unit the rolled distance
>- There are no mishaps anymore
Works for me.
>- Most vehicles have a single attack with high S, but no AP, some have considerably more like the battle waggon
>- No more firing from a transport, though some vehicles, especially open topped ones have extra firing points weapons if they transport enough (and sometimes eligible) models. But they use their own BS and the kind of weapon is fixed. For example Raiders have 5 fire point splinter rifles, but only if they transport kabalite warriors
At last some news on how they were going to work with the removal of unit types.
>- Command points allow to reroll saves, hits, wounding or charge distance, reroll any single dice throw, negate all terrain in 12” of one of your models, alter the attack sequence, boost psychic block rolls, allow additional reserves and allow units to get another charge phase after wiping out an enemy
Does that mean a Ynnari unit might be able to charge three times a turn?

I have not cared about 40k long enough to witness transition to 7th ED, but is there some correlation between end of edition and amount of vigorous shit posting?
I don't remember this general to be /v/ level of cesspool-

Don't forget that Thousand Sons and Death Guard are now their own armies and that KDK probably still has separate rules.

I have not cared about 40k long enough to witness transition to 7th ED, but is there some correlation between end of edition and amount of vigorous shit posting?
I don't remember this general to be /v/ level of cesspool-

This is true, however there's nothing stopping GW from doing the same thing with Tyranids.

>Hive Fleet DISTRACTION CARNIFEX
Codex dedicated to a more Nidzilla style nid army

>Hive Fleet sneaky faggots
A codex dedicated to genestealers, lictors, deep strike shenanigans, etc

My guess is probably; Imperium, Chaos, Tau+Necrons, Tyranids+Orks and Eldar+DEldar.

Get real they're never doing that for xenos that aren't Eldar, it took them over a decade to do it for Chaos even.

So since we know new factions are on the way, what would you guys like to see? I'd like Chaos to be as fleshed out as the Imperium is at the moment considering they said there's a renewed focus on Imperium vs. Chaos, but I'm hoping they don't leave Xenos factions in the dust. An entirely new Xenos faction like the Tau would be cool too, but I don't know if current Games Workshop can pull it off.

Non FW Traitor Guard support would be my biggest wish, Dark Ad Mech with access to all the crazy and heretical HH era robots but now more corrupted would also be cool.
For Xenos I'd hope to see Tau auxiliaries fleshed out more and some Exodite Eldar would be great.

>perfect deepstrike and charging too
>overwatch against the above is almost full BS

Sounds exciting, legitimately

FAKE NEWS
A
K
E

N
E
W
S

>Characters cannot join units

well we know some of the list is wrong. in the livestream QnA they discussed a space marine captain joining guardsmen squads but with less benefits as an example of the keyword-special rule interactions.

Why is everyone saying Tau and Necrons will share a book?
Do they have anything at all in common?
Is there any clear reason why they were allies of convenience in 7ed?

I just Started some Dark Angels and gosh I just want a boatload of Ravenwing.

>all those prediction already proven false via live stream or facebook
really got my noggin' joggin', my almond activated and my gears a turning

They're both high tech xenos empires that aren't so xenophobic as to be beyond diplomacy and they're both shooting armies that suck at melee and have no psykers..

Tau could get an auxiliaries book.
mostly Kroot, vespid and gue'vessa. Maybe add Nicassar and Demiurge from BFG. Limited actual tau presences
as command or advisor options.

now that the new GW sales policies are in place allowing webstores, what are some good web stores to buy GW stuff in the US?

There are some incidental similarities,
but I mean fluff wise, have they ever actually teamed up in any significant way?

also, necron flayed ones are some of the best cc units in the game, imo

the xenos books aren't alliances. its just packageing mulptile codexs for easier publishing. People are speculating they be togther because they have some themic similarities, codex xenos empires

The new marines are an elite choice, not a new army.

The Nagi are probably going to be introduced in some capacity as a way to give Tau psykers.

necrons saved some tau from a tyranid splinterfleet once.

Farsight is also pretty good at melee,
your point?

yeah. them or the nicassar.

auxilarries seems the most straightforward way to give tau something for the psychic phase.

Theu've been including rules for things like that in AoS, so probably.

Different Tzeentch cults, Daemon hosts, Skyports, etc.

I thought they went on to kill the Tau after.
Am I misremembering?

nothing really, just felt like mentioning it

>"saved"

maybe.
i might be remembering wrong too

Mostly because they're the leftovers who don't make sense going in another codex. Eldar, DEldar and Harlequins make sense going in a book together, and Tyranids and Genestealer Cults makes sense too. Throw in Orks with them because they're kind of similar in being unstoppable Xenos hordes, and the Xenos you're left over with are Tau and Necrons. Unless they've got a whole new Xenos faction planned that'll launch with 8th, but that's unlikely.

>Split fire: any unit can target as many targets as they want
This seems a pretty random rule to add, but it could actually make differentiating the weapons in a heavy weapon squad worth it
>Invulnerable saves simply ignore armour penetration up to the given value
>Most power fields, etc. are separate saves that are taken in addition to other saves just like FnP of today, they may or may not ignore mortal wounds on a case by case basis
I could see them giving the terminators both effects, since technically their invulnerable saves are given by a power field around them. This would make them ridiculously resistant
>Larger models are seldom characters, Gulliman is not for example
I don't even understand what this mean
>Deepstriking units can be placed anywhere. Every unit with deep strike has a value. Have to beat it to land on target, otherwise opposing player can move unit the rolled distance
>There are no mishaps anymore
I'm completely fine with this
>Overwatch shooting against deep striking units within 9” at -1 BS
Could this actually be the start of the terminator era?
>Assaulting units get +1 attack
After all they said that attacking first is the only assault bonus we know about "right now"
>There are some precision weapons that let the firing player choose the wound allocation (always or on a 6)
I would expect every precision rifle to do that on a 6 and the Vindicare to do it always
>Player can spend command points to choose who goes first instead of rolling, whoever spends more
So you can actually bait your opponent into spending a tons of points to go first, but then find out that he doesn't have enough command points to do almost anything else, while you can reroll everything and charge/shoot anything any way you want

>the new Tau psyker unit will be one of these but with a flat polar bear in it

I think they were allies of convenience based on location. On the galactic map the Tau Empire is a small space wedged between a couple of big Necron Dynasties, so it's in their best interests to suck up to them even without trying to convert them to the Greater Good. Newcrons aren't completely mindless killing machines like Oldcrons (at least not the Lords and other higher ranking ones who actually control what's going on somewhat) and aren't anywhere near as xenophobic as the other races. They probably feel for the Tau a bit, they were both the underdogs and lesser race in a big galactic war in their time.

I started Sisters of Battle because they're my fetish
Turns out I also like how they play

I feel oike the books won't be called grand alliances.

Probably Index Imperialis, Chaotica and Xenos.

Later we'll see Battletome equivelants.

Imperial Guard because I was conscripted and got a massive stockholm syndrome.

Nah, Tzeentch has already marked that territory. That's why the natives are giving birth to bird monsters.

What are you guys working on right now?

That's a perfectly logical theory, but my question is more about whether there's been anything officially confirmed that links them together at all.