Is Warhammer 40k a mix of Starcraft and Warcraft?

Is Warhammer 40k a mix of Starcraft and Warcraft?

Imperium = Humans
Orks = Orcs
Eldar = Elves
Necrons = Undead

Imperium = Terrans
Tau = Protoss
Tyranids = Zerg

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1cfln2j3NPz
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'd say it's just a combination of Star wars and LOTR honestly

Somebody post a "low quality bait" picture for me, I'm on mobile.

Tau aren't very Protoss like.
I wouldn't say Eldar are very Protoss like either.
Protoss are decently original for being the high spec high tech aliens.

Except that's obviously wrong.
W40K is a mix between Nier, which is where it gets the post apocalyptic environments and Mass Effect which is where the sleek power armor designs come from, as well as the starships with big glowy orbs in them. It also borrows liberally from TV series such as Boss Baby, where they copy the characters such as the Emperor from (displayed in pic related).

OP is literally retarded for not noticing this, it's blatantly obvious.

Here you go user

This is now a bait thread.

Actually now that I think about it that picture triggers me more than OP's shitty attempt at bait.
>WCIII
>Varian
>Blood Elves in Horde

good enough, thank you.

Tau and Protoss both have high advanced technology and caste races.

vocaroo.com/i/s1cfln2j3NPz

Protoss don't have caste "races", they just have castes. Khalai, Templar, and Judicator are all still protoss. And the Judicators were removed from power after Brood War, then they disbanded the Khalai cast (placing everyone equal at Templar) by the end of Legacy of the Void, too.
Saying they're similar for "high advanced technology" is a wash.

That's what they were going for.

Starcraft started its life as a Warhammer 40k game.

Warcraft started is life as a Warhammer Fantasy game.

Sauce?

>Starcraft started its life as a Warhammer 40k game.
No it didn't. This is just a particularly pervasive urban legend.
>Warcraft started is life as a Warhammer Fantasy game.
That one's correct in spirit, though they never actually received the warhammer license and it was already its own deal long before it was complete enough to be called a game.

Does anyone have the fish looking at a sword and something like 'he just walked up and threw it into the water'?

I thought Starcraft started as an obvious rip of 40k because blitz was butt hurt that GW denied them the rights for WC3, but WC3 was retardedly successful so they were like "We'll show them!" and then created one of the most loved RTS games of all time, and actually did show them.

Nope.
WH40K started as an attempt to produce a scifi war game with an aesthic based on the universe of 2000AD's "Nemesis" stories, combined with the concept that there could be no absolutes of good and evil.

Armor is obviously stolen from Detiny