Which Era would you choose?

Which Era would you choose?

The one with the zombie Romans.

It leaves out that the best necromancer nation is in the middle ages. And I think the best blood magic nation is in the late ages?

I tend to like playing the middle ages best, but I like the early ages factions the most. I am also objectively shit at the inner workings of the game so I'm probably missing a lot of stuff.

I do love building a middle Age Ulm pretender who just sits around crafting magic items so I have flying heavy knights with giant fuckoff axes to split entire castles in half.

What game is this?

EA best A.

Best blood nation is debatable, but certainly not a MA nation. MA is when Death magic shoves everybody's shit in.

Dominos 4, Couches of Ascension.

Thanks boo

Dominions 4, user.

Late ages because I have a boner for steel plate

We usually play MA though I kinda prefer EA for all the mythical stuff.

I have a soft spot for Late Age because everything is so shitty and everyone is more dependent on their soldiers rather than magic bullshit, but Middle Age is probably the Dominions experience since it's a balance of everything.

gimmie that post late age insanity

>Which Era would you choose?

Early Ages and consciously make an effort to preserve said ages.

Savage Worlds are best.

Why do people enjoy Dominions? I tried it but it just seemed like massing huge armies and throwing them at one another and praying your AI-controlled mages cast the right spells.

Because of the depth of the system, the grade-A lore, and the diplomatic aspects.

With regard to your complaint, that's the sort of thing that happens only in very low-skill play. Any competent player will just crush a doomstack with an army-killing spell and actually script his mages.

Early age! Time for Elves!

MA has the most interesting nations but EA appeals to my sense of whimsy the best and I like EA Tien Chi a lot.

LA Ulm functions extremely well as a blood magic nation iirc. Blood magic synergises well with otherwise non-magical, weapon-oriented nations. I don't know about "best," though.

Also the problem with ermor is that while it's cool as all fuck, it's actually relatively hard to play unless your opponents have a really weak early game or are too stupid to be marignon and storm your borders/be other nations and put aside their differences to exterminate you. With ermor you're either gonna play against fuckwits and TOTALLY steamroll them or play against people of middling or better competence and get TOTALLY steamrolled almost immediately.

You played it wrong. You should play through the tutorial (it's actually a guide to playing through a controlled campaign), it'll familiarise you with important things like commander instructions and editing your army's formations. I can tell you didn't do this because combat relies heavily on smart formations (and a diverse but weak force can often triumph over an otherwise far superior force with good formation and battle instructions for flanking, on-field assassination, etc), and you can literally tell your mages what spells to cast in a fight and what order to cast them in, and can copy/paste lists of orders or carefully tweak each individual mage's instructions.

Apart from that, deep lore, (f)unbalanced but interesting nation mechanics, the overall grand strategy wargame appeal that games like risk have, and the buildup to an endgame where you put a second sun in the sky so there is eternal day and the earth burns up because you're bitter that ice giants accidentally killed your small army on the same turn your army took a province niefelheim also wanted 80 months ago. That was my first full Dominoes experience, everyone who gets really into it has their own endgame ritual or combination of rituals that made them fall in love with it it seems- I was introduced to it a few years ago via a guy here who played MA ermor and accidentally overfed that one summon that you lose control of if it eats too many corpses and becomes too powerful, and it became a chaotic snowballing force of destruction that he just kept praying would roll across his enemy's terrain more than it rolled across his.

What's with all the dominionsposting lately?

I dropped MA Ermor into my setting as part of an apocalypse

During the plague of quest threads I didn't come here much but both since I've been back and before the aforementioned scourge it has seemed to me that dominions is pretty much the official vidya of Veeky Forums, people here have posted a lot about it for years.

>Also the problem with ermor is that while it's cool as all fuck, it's actually relatively hard to play unless your opponents have a really weak early game or are too stupid to be marignon and storm your borders/be other nations and put aside their differences to exterminate you. With ermor you're either gonna play against fuckwits and TOTALLY steamroll them or play against people of middling or better competence and get TOTALLY steamrolled almost immediately.
If you mean Dom4 MA Ermor, you're dead wrong. Dom4 MA Ermor is a horrifying blessrush nation. It can trivially eat one or maybe even two neighbors early on, then snowball. Or skeleball.
If you mean Dom3 MA Ermor, no objection.

EA, just to play EA Ulm

>EA Ulm
Please, like that exists.

Who is the guy who keeps shilling promoting Dom4 here?

I like EA Ulm a lot even though they suck

>paranoia about shills
yep these threads have all been one guy from shillwinter samefagging to shill his shill game for the past five years

I don't have paranoia, I just know that there are a few guys from /domg/ who regularly post on Veeky Forums, that's why I'm asking. Considering how much I played MP, I probably even played a game or two with them.

Its me barry
I'm the one who keeps posting Veeky Forums related videogames because I like discussions of lore and various fun game mechanics that I may or may not try and port into my games.

post yur gods lads.

You have an Ant god?

I won a blitz with this man

MA Man in LA on shadowshore as part of an expedition with the last few crones and mothers to reclaim the forest of Avalon and the capitol province (specific name for the region on map, can't remember) to reclaim their lost magic after the Curse, led by Volla involving many sacred units while fighting off lemuria and other beast nations.