Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

Kraken in the sky edition

>resources
pastebin.com/Cb3X4ZKW

>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

Previous thread: >Rumors of GHB2: Same ability no longer stack; point increase for all 9"+ shooting unit; prayer is limited to rule of one...

I'm new to Aos, what do you think?:
Allegiance: Sylvaneth

Leaders
Branchwych (100)
- Artefact: Ranu's Lamentiri
- Deepwood Spell: Regrowth
Treelord Ancient (300)
- General
- Trait: Gift of Ghyran
- Artefact: Briarsheath

Battleline
5 x Tree-Revenants (100)
- Sylvaneth Battleline
10 x Dryads (120)
10 x Dryads (120)

Units
3 x Kurnoth Hunters (180)
- Scythes
- Greatbows
- Greatbows

Battalions
Gnarlroot Wargrove (80)
Household (20)

Scenery
Sylvaneth Wyldwood (40)
Sylvaneth Wyldwood (40)
Sylvaneth Wyldwood (40)

Total: 1500

Isn't Wyldwood 0p if you have Sylvaneth allegiance?

You can't take Sylvaneth Wyldwoods as part of your army. You can create them with whatever abilities, but you can't take them like units.

They are also 0 points if you have the Sylvaneth Allegiance, so there is no need for you keep aside any reserve points for them.

KO hater from last thread back to say I may have been too hasty with my judgement on them. After looking at the battletome closely I can see that they aren't that bad at all. GW put in alot of work with the details on the models and the lore is actually interesting. They aren't as cogs and gears as I first thought and I guess they are pretty original. However I haven't changed my opinion on the shitty fyreslayers. In fact after seeing the KOs the FSs look even worse in comparison. They are ugly, uninspiring and lazy. Their lore is lame, their aesthetics are shit and their rules are shit. They are easily the worst army GW ever put out in fantasy.

Oh, also, while you CAN take the same spell twice if you want to, you can only cast it once per turn in matched play, so you may be better off taking something else on one of the mages.

Would it overly complicate/break the game to try and implement some sort of "push" mechanic in combat?
Like, say I have a bunch of guys in a shieldwall in melee with another unit. Something like instead of attacking, they can push everyone forward 1-2". Same thing with I wish there was a middle ground between "stuck in place" and "full on retreat". Like a tactical step backwards.

>FSs look even worse in comparison. They are ugly, uninspiring and lazy. Their lore is lame, their aesthetics are shit and their rules are shit. They are easily the worst army GW ever put out in fantasy.

This

KO's make Fyreslayers look even more embarrassingly shit and i didn't think that was possible.

Those flying things you posted look at as bad as the Stormcast angel dudes, i feel flying units that aren't daemonic just flat out do not work visually in AoS, but i gotta admit the KO troops and ships look good.

Add an arachnarok and add webs and spider tattoos and face paint to all the ogres.

Dryads don't get the bonuses at 10 so only take them in units of 20 or more. Like the others correctly pointed out, Wyldwood do not cost points if you are a Sylvaneth allegiance, which you are. My Gnarlroot Wargrove is similar to yours and I have success with it. For another caster, I'd take either a Branchwraith or a Branchwych, either is fine, they will likely be your Mystic Shield/Arcane Bolt caster.

I agree but those edrineers are the only image I had at the time.

so what's the next big release going to be?

Here's hoping for Shadow Aelves

I really hope they will release a nurgle battletome along the nurgle release in 40k - death guard gonna be included in 8th edition starter set.

It will be elves, and they'll be in grand alliance death.

M'lady

*tips*

Fuck chaos shitter. Nurgle is the worst of all the chaos gods and chaos is shit. We want more Death releases asshole!

I'm okay with this.

Nagash learned black magic from them to begin with.

The only thing about the Overlords I have any real dislike for is the ridiculous top hat on Brokk Grungsson. It's completely out of place not just in the wider Warhammer setting but even within the Overlords themselves; he looks like some terrible cogfop steampunk character thrown into the middle of Dwarfs that are otherwise surprisingly true to the traditional Dwarf aesthetic.

Allegiance: Order
Saurus Sunblood (120)
- General
- Trait: Legendary Fighter
- Artefact: Phoenix Stone
Saurus Eternity Warden (140)
Saurus Astrolith Bearer (160)
Skink Starpriest (100)
10 x Saurus Guard (200)
10 x Saurus Guard (200)
10 x Saurus Warriors (100)
- Clubs
10 x Saurus Warriors (100)
- Clubs
1 x Salamanders (60)
1 x Salamanders (60)
1 x Salamanders (60)
5 x Chameleon Skinks (120)
Bastiladon (300)
Stegadon (260)

Total: 1980/2000

Reposting because Ive a game coming up soon and need to get stuff painted

>That one model you love, but is terrible in games

What's her name, /aosg/?

Centigor and Dragon Ogres

Admittedly Centigor don't really have 'good' models but still, Centaur creatures in games are always shit and it upsets me

I didn't say I don't want death release user - I just hope for something for nurgle

Warp lightning cannon. Stormfiends are more efficient points wise. But they lack a certain quality that the WLC has.

>why the hat?
He's rich. Thud everyone needs to know how rich he is through the fanciness of his hat.

>ftw its Valkia and she's cash.

>fancy hats aren't warhammer

>the WLC is 'terrible'

You're supposed to say 'Globadiers' or 'Doomflayers'

But okay.

Allegiance: Sylvaneth

Leaders
Branchwych (100)
- Deepwood Spell: The Dwellers Below
Treelord Ancient (300)
- General
- Trait: Gift of Ghyran
- Artefact: Briarsheath

Battleline
5 x Tree-Revenants (100)
- Sylvaneth Battleline
20 x Dryads (240)
10 x Dryads (120)

Units
- Scythes
- Greatbows
- Greatbows

Battalions
Gnarlroot Wargrove (80)
Household (20)

Better?
Also, is it really true Kurnoth Hunters with bows have no real counter-unit?

>Kurnoth Hunters with bows have no real counter-unit?
No, of course not. They have zero mortal wound defense and a lot of very fast flying stuff can get on them and tear them up before they do much.

Remember that no one gives a shit about the offensive ability of anything in your list except those hunters. They are going to draw hammerstrike retributors and vampire dragon lords, and stormfiends etc.

But it's a fancy hat evocative of a far more modern era than the historical well Warhammer typically draws its inspiration from.

Plus he just looks steampunk-y as all hell, and not the rare good steampunk either.

Is the chaos warshrine good with pure rotbringers? Are rotbringers good at lower point games? They seem too slow and low model count.

saurus guard

Hehehe you have got to be shitposting

Bloab Rotspawned (260)
Harbinger of Decay (140)
- General
Battleline
10 x Putrid Blightkings (360)
- Mortal Nurgle Battleline
40 x Chaos Marauders (240)
- Axes & Shields
- Mark of Chaos: Nurgle
Total: 1000/1000

Like everything Nurgle its slow, no rend, and practically unkillable.

He's not because Serafags are the Tau players of AoS

Sylvaneth are of course the Eldar players before anyone asks

Hes not wrong, theyre pretty weak.

100 points for 5 1w models with no mortal wounds save is terrible. Thats why the eternal starhost is a trap formation.

And as a bonus they keep getting worse as more high rend or mortal wound units are released. KO have -2 rend weapons on the battleline infantry.

No user yours is the true shitpost

>he is still accusing random people of being the elf poster who aren't the elf poster.

t.elf poster

Thanks, I'll check this out

drake spawn knights

When will we get a fucking updated Battletome for old armies like Seraphon and Ironjawz? New shit like these KO are blowing our shit out of the water!

>old armies
>Ironjawz
pardon?

Their rules came out before the points update. They are shit because of it compared to newer armies

fair enough

also these please fix.

they are unfieldable at 200 points.

Their battletome is outdated as fuck.

You can't have a high save and do a lot of damage and have cheap wound/point counts. Fulminators are 5 wounds for 120 and do less damage than these guys even without the d3 from starhost, do they suck?

Are the empire horse knights all discontinued or something?

Painted up a test model for my KO fleet.

I wanted to go for a polished sheen on the red armour so I tried using the reikland fleshshade gloss but I'm not entirely sure about the result. Would shading with carroburg crimson work better along with stronger highlights?

>k-kill me

Troglodon
It looks really cool but everyone says it's garbage

>It will be elves, and they'll be in grand alliance death.

spooky spooky death aesthetic written all over these models

THIN
YOUR
PAINT

>Using metallic color on metal i stead of NMM
>Obviously plainted without an airbrush

bro...

_____ your ______.

Bore your barrels?

if you're going to take a close up like that at least make the model look decent first.

The scheme is pretty nice, it's a bit messy though.
There's a mold line on his left arm.
I'm not a big fan of the gold, I can't quite place why but something bothers me about it.
it's ok/10

There are people that don't?
And surely they wouldn't be employed by GW and have pictures of their armies with barrels not bored displayed in official GW media?

5 wounds on a single model. You know thats still better than 5 single models? Because you dont lose damage output when you lose them. Theyre also cavalry, 2+ vs shooting, 3+ standard, which guard dont have, have mortal wound output, a shooting attack, the list goes on. And thats before taking into account their bonus damage rolls.

Your comparison sucks.

High save single wound infantry just arent good in a game where mortal wounds are abundant. And theyre even worse when theyre as expensive as guard.

Like the rest of the seraphon list, they were better when aos first came out and got worse as the game evolved.

>do more than fulminators

Look carefully at fulminators shooting attack, they're beastclaw tier absurd

Mother fucking pistoliers to my absolute sadness

My, aren't you a cunt

Agreed. Bow Kurnoths are studs but artillery can knock them down, such as Warp Lightning Cannons, Skull Cannons, Organ Guns, etc. Bow Kurnoths are the closest to artillery Sylvaneth will get.

For example, I play against Skaven regularly, some of the best artillery in the game imo. If I had that list, I would get murdered. I would yank your 10-model Dryad for another 5-model Tree Revenant since those 10 Dryads aren't going to last long against anything. Revenants can take down the artillery fairly quickly and reliably before your Bow Kurnoths get taken down.

I'm supposed to make an exact comparison with the fictional unit that does exactly the same thing as saurus in the same way but better to avoid your nitpicking then. Fine well just only take into account raw stats and assign unidimensional roles. Everything in the game is trash except Storm Vermin, Skyfires, Stonehorns, and Plaguebearers. Everything in Seraphon is trash because something else does it better.

Allegiance: Order
Alarielle the Everqueen (620)
Spirit of Durthu (400)
- Artefact: Glamourweave
Branchwych (100)
- Deepwood Spell: Throne of Vines
20 x Dryads (240)
5 x Tree-Revenants (100)
5 x Tree-Revenants (100)
- Greatbows
- Greatbows

Total: 1920/2000

Taking Alarielle and a 400 point treeman is probably a mistake and I know I should just drop them for more Hunters but here's my initial attempt at making an army

Either go Durthu, Alarielle and Free Spirits battalion or full monster mash with Durthu, Alarielle, Drycha, and 2 Kurnoths.

Did you ever try to get your partner into AoS? How you ended up? When I tried to take my GF to LGS on demo game it was the first time she used a safe word. At the end of the day she find a faction she liked so we are playing together but fuck me if most people are not born with some anti-warhammer gene

>the first time she used a safe word

>When I tried to take my GF to LGS on demo game it was the first time she used a safe word
How exactly did this come about

paint your models?

hey guys, been away for a long while. How is AoS doing?
Are WFBfags still being spergs?

>WFBfags
They are dead until the next AoS update hits

Nah, nothing interesting. These user probably get it right. We are very into BDSM so the safeword is a vital and necessary "feature" for us. She is pretty fucked up like me no tipping - we are just lustful so she never used a safeword, even when doing really perverted stuff. Somehow she was reacting very aversively to the any mention of warhammer. You know - highschool, bitchy nerds with greasy hair and shit. She loves tabletop games, play MtG etc but somehow every warhammer player she met in her life was just a huge dick. It took me a while to talk her into play few games with me and other people and sinking into lore inb4 le AoS lore meme but at least I started to understand what is the problem with females and WH.

>They are dead
serves them right

Hello, coming from 40k and i want to pick an army, i usually play good tyranids or the genestealer cult but i hear hordes don't work well in AoS is in the setting any army that is in good state for play and that is like those two?

if you like appearing out of nowhere and being a bit tricky then Sylvaneth might appeal to you

The closest thing to tyranid is Moonclan grots.
tou can spam hundreds of cheap grots or just use 2 behemot squigs and a dreadmaw/magma dragon.

>hey guys, been away for a long while
Glad you came back
>How is AoS doing
Apparently it turns out that AoS was just a huge beta-testing for new 40k edition - GW copy-pasted like 50% of AoS rules into 40k 8th edition (magic, battleshock, 3 ways to play game and few other)
>Are WFBfags still being spergs
They are mainly shitposting in /40kg/. When 8th will be released and turns out to be a good game they will come here again. Their general is pretty dead

>Apparently it turns out that AoS was just a huge beta-testing for new 40k edition
Uh, I didn't mean that it is something bad just to be clear. AoS turned out to be great game and I'm looking forward to see next updates and stuff. With new 40k rules it will be easier to make a khorne daemons army I was thinking about for a while

>Chakax/Eternity Warden uses a two handed weapon, but the arms actually don't fit with the model
His arm doesn't connect to his hand, they're too far apart.

The Klad Barag is coming together

I'm still sad we didn't get a big ass dwarf mecha

Well when youre finished rambling we can have an actual discussion about the meta basics because I dont think you understand how it works.

Me too. That's why I am making this.

Most of my friends are female, the non gaming ones anyway. Ran an ultra-simplified version of Silver tower for them which was basically a glorified story where they rolled a couple dice. Just werent into it at all even though they asked me to find a boardgame to play. They were almost suprised by how many rules there were even though I cut out like 70% of the rules that werent move or attack.

Some people want to play games, and like the idea of playing games, but are just not interested in the actual playing of anything more complicated than cards against humanity.

Makes me think of McDonalds.

I just ordered Clan Pestilens rulebook for fluff and collectible reasons.
Did i do good??

You sure did

Going to my first AoS tournament at my LGS in a couple of weeks. How does this look? The Loremaster will be throwing Hand of Glory on either the Luminark or Tyrion. The one thing I want to use is the Luminark, because it's my favourite model.

>I just ordered Clan Pestilens rulebook
Oh
>for fluff and collectible reasons
Well, If you feel good about this than yes. Shae it's one of the first battletomes so it's an "old" type

Nope

i see you guys imply i did bad, sadness

>Thats a four dollar model
Jesus user, thats glossy as hell

Nah man, I'm serious - it's your money so everything what makes you feel good is a good purchase. Personally, I bought a Storm of Sigmar just for few Khorne and SCE models - I'm not even playing Khorne or SCE army but they look neat as fuck

I literally said you did good.

>tfw you are so tired of painting undead, other armies are looking attractive

Not gonna lie, I love the idea of starting up a new force, and KO are looking really good right now.

Also, I think I might try some Writefaggotry when I get home. Any suggestions?

Fiend of Slaanesh

Run the numbers for a charging Dragonlord with legendary fighter and a relic blade lance with hand of glory user.