Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1479: Jumper Cultists Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDTUVGM1JUNjhTVlE/view
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rolled 393 (1d816)

Time to roll! What we get?

Inuyasha

Nigga please.
Twenty 5-inch guns plus sixty 40mm Bofors plus forty eight 20mm is damn near enough dakka.
Just because the Iowas are fatassed sluts with more guns then they know what to do with doesn't diminish the beautiful elegance of the NorCals. And also fuck you specifically.

Inuyasha eh?

One of the first places where I had it spelled out to me that Drawbacks could be carried over. Has a wish granting monkey paw up for grabs which is also good for boosting spiritual energy. I wanted the Jumpseiga to be more than it is, but it's all cool.

Inuyasha! Inuyasha is a pretty cool Jump made by good old stupid_dog. Dog is one of our more prolific Jumpmakers even if he's not really active in the scene anymore, and this was one of his later Jumps.

The Jump is as pretty as you can expect, and has a pretty wide array of options present. I think it's the items that people often have the most fun with though, especially stuff like Fireproofing, the Jewel Shard and Janpanseiga.

Personally interested in the Toy Transformer Perk since that sounds like loads of fun, how about you guys?

Sorry can hear you over there. Maybe switch to Hyperspace Comms please?

>not appreciating the glory of shortstack standard battleships

things for a jumper to do in inuyasha?

>How do you do the embed-your-own-magic trick?
A great many perks to analyze and reproduce magic, and being a god-tier Sylph of Space in Sburb. If the universe breaks, I can fix it, and even when it's not broken, I can weave my magic in as long as it won't break something.

Why have battleships when you can have IMPRACTICAL NAZI SCIENCE!

Wander around Feudal Japan and/or Modern Japan, fight and/or kill big ass demons, collect the Shikon Jewel Shards and figure out how to break its curse, bringing high quality demon parts to a smith like Totosai who can smith them into sick, magical swords.

Inuyasha is surprisingly focused on relationships and stuff despite its content matter, so I guess maybe playing matchmaker or going on a vacation with the waifu? I dunno.

Standards a slow. And also a shit.
A SHIT

Except Arizona. She's okay.

Hey, um, guys? Where's the Jump list? Was it taken down for some reason? I can't find it, and I wanted to roll for a new jump.

Huh, was it? It should be in the lists area. Here's the one I've been using in case you need it

drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDTUVGM1JUNjhTVlE/view

Put in the much requested Protag Drawback. I'll put it in the uploads bin if there aren't any glaring issues.

1. Foil Naraku before he get's to his stupid high power level.
2. Time Travel via the Bone Eaters Well, or perhaps some other means, to the future to check out how all the Yokai got suddenly'd
3. Find and kill/steal/gain the powers of/etc the super evil sword
4. Be a decent guy/gal and give Kagome and Inuyasha Conciliating. Kagome needs psychiatric help for some of her actions later on and they point to an unstable personality and Inuyasha hasn't had time to deal with his grief right from losing his first lover to violence and betrayal.
5. Save the smile that matters.
6. What said.

In the list section under everyone elses. Unless someone is updating.

What kind of ships do YOU like then user?

Sounds good, last thing though how are the waifus?

>drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDTUVGM1JUNjhTVlE/view
I checked, it's not there. But thanks!

Varies based on taste and I haven't seen the show in forever, but I think there were quite a few just because romance was one of the big themes of the series. All I remember is Kagome a shit.

No problem dude.

What jumps allow you to get an animal altform of your choice?

I know Redwall and Ga'hoole have some options.

Jurassic Park. As long as you want to be a dinosaur. But DESU, why WOULDN'T you want to be a dinosaur?

Whatever you do, do not woo Kikyou. She will want to drag you down to hell with her. If you get around that, have a way to keep her body sustained if she becomes revived because she eats souls to keep herself existing iirc.

Kagome (Her reincarnation)'s not much better, as she tends to resort to violence if she's displeased.

Don't all the girls resort to violence if displeased? Hers is just supposed to be the most humiliating because she's the protagonist.

The most Sango ever does is slap the shit out of Miroku for being a total lech that walks up to random (pretty) strangers and asks for them to bare his children. Arguably, that's pretty deserved.

Kagome uses Inuyasha's cursed necklace to smash his face into the ground at the slightest offense and has done stuff like push him over a bridge first just so he'd smash through it and into the river below.

North Carolina is indeed a good girl.

And I think the rest are each some sort of demon that want to murder on principle?

Sango it is.

Kikyo is some revenant that wants to drag Inuyasha to hell, one of them is just some cute wolf girl that I don't remember being too bad and the others are pretty much murder demons that I can remember, yeah.

The cute wolf girl once tried to kill Kagome, because she wanted the wolf-boy who was interested in Kagome.

>no gender choice, no final choice
Stop triggering me!

Well you can hardly blame her, since Kagome was basically leading that guy on.

I don't blame her, I was just pointing out the only thing of note she does in the story beyond pining over Koga.

There are some other okay girls. That one that wants to marry Koga comes to mind.

Personally, I just prevented Kikyou from being resurrected.

It was pretty dramatic, actually! I'd been pretending to be a vassal to Inuyasha's father, similar to Myoga the Flea, and very rarely got involved while following him around. But when Kagome got kidnapped I took off running full-tilt and showed up ahead of schedule to blast the witch with huge amounts of fire. Freaked Kagome out.
Afterwards I had to explain why I hadn't helped fight earlier, and I had to come up with an excuse about just being a retainer, so it wasn't my place to jump into Inuyasha's battles.
I ended up taking over Kikyou's role in the plot after that, except for the relationship drama.
Inuyasha got kindof quiet when he found out some old bat had been trying to resurrect Kikyou, but in the end he agreed it was better to let the dead rest.

Hey, jumpers, have you ever accidentally shown your hand and had to explain why you weren't helping before / where you got your powers?

K.

Can I have fries with that?

Do you want to supersize that?

Who is a good pick to take with you in tsukihime should you take the tohno-san drawback?

Are you working on P3/P4 next?

Fake and also gay.

That'll be 600cp, discounted for Conspiracy. Cash or Credit?
No, only played a bit of P4 and mainly made P5 for Companion and Stealing Purposes.

Oh yeah, that would be cool. I never really liked the fact that we had just one "generic" Persona jump that doesn't even have anything to do with the individual games. Iirc you actually start after all the stories are over? Anyway, it's pretty lacking in flavour, so having jumps for each game like how it's done for exalted would be pretty neat.

Why is there a 16 persona limit on Fool if there are 20 available arcana?

There's 22.

Yeah but fool has a special persona in a perk and we can't have the other one as our arcana.

I thought that was just a limit on what you could carry around at a time.

Because that's a bit more than the maximum you can get in the game. If you have the Velvet Room you can store any more there.
Yep.

Whenever I see your name I keep thinking of calling you Lord English.

His jumper is a trap. That isn't very lordly

Yes.
Clearly this is a coincidence, and is not because the Jumper whose name I ended up using as a name was really time travel focused, because that would be silly.

If you replace a protag in one Jump and then meet that protag in another jump through a continuity Drawback, would they act like they're facing themselves or remember that you replaced them?

You probably like, possess them or something.

If you replace the protag, where they ever the protag? Or were they Jeff, the guy who had a really good sandwich as the highlight of his life?

Smash Bros. is gonna be awkward, then.

I would assume that the protag just fills the role they had in the previous jump, which means that if they didn't exist then they still don't, and you're still the protag.

So, say you fill in for Link in Zelda, and then you go to Smash Brothers with continuity. In that event, Link does not appear, and instead you show up in Smash Brothers wearing his tunic, because you're Link.

>do it several times
>half the roster is missing
>you've_forgotten_your_purpose.webm

>Be Link in Minish Cap
>Meet Link in Smash Brothers
>"HYA?! (Who are you?!)"
>"HYA! (I AM A SHADOW, THE TRUE SELF!)"

>Thinking Link can't talk in-universe
>When multiple games have had people actively respond to things he tells them
END THIS MEME!

Of course he can talk, he just speaks HYAnian. Fortunately, everyone in the world of LoZ can understand HYAnian, though they can't speak it. In order to speak proper HYAnian, you have to ONLY speak HYAnian.

Also, it's Shogun of Sorrows you...you...DOUBLE SAMURAI FOOOOOOOOOOOL!

Wait. Is there a special fail condition in this, like in the persona jump?

Now I need to find out of there is a HYAnian language perk.

> "This is what you wanted, isn't it? Now you're the star."

Pretty sure Minish Cap has something for that.

Originally it was a Reach Scarab I merged with a Mother Box, now its been imported and upgraded so many times the last time I was in a DC universe the Reach didn't even recognize it. Its possible at this point I have a gestating God Machine stuck on my back.

Terse, from Generic Western
You can just grunt at people to get your point across.

Somebody will pick it up eventually. Otherwise I'll just make something for myself to use.

Not if you don't take drawbacks.

Speaking from a Pure Heart [100]: As with Link you have the ability to have conversations with people at length in spite of the fact that you could be mute or only able to communicate through grunts and growls. This comes stems from you communicating from your Heart. This also allows you to count as 'Pure of Heart' for items and abilities that check for such things.

Minish Cap is odd but fun.

Really, if you end up making something, why not post it in the thread? Even if it doesn't get on the drive, if it isn't total shit, someone me might end up using it.

Anons! I became an ASI in Eclipse Phase and have access to so much Computronium, what should I do?

Apologies, but does Permadeath in FEH only work on you and companions, or does it also apply to summoned heroes?

>CLOWNS!CLOWNS!CLOWNS!
Why wouldn't that work with a clown girl?

Just no point in it. If it's just the setting that I want to add into the chain it's not like I'll put that much effort into the jump.

Eat some with Savage Salvage so your brain will forever be computronium.

>>Jumper Cultists Edition

Jumpers!

When you first acquired worshipers, what were the tenets of your cult? How did your followers show their devotion? Did you create any divine servants?

If I'm not going to take the Jumper Kurusu drawback, would it be okay to rule that I'm not dealing with Ialdaboth as the villain but someone else, to distinguish my story from Crimeboy's? You know, some other spirit of willful ignorance or self-deception that's taking advantage of Igor's absence to run their own plot. That way I can have a cool adventure without infringing on the Phantom Thieves' IP.

I just saw Arrowverse and MtG:Innistrad in the uploads folder. Are these new versions of the old jumps? Or did someone just re-upload them unchanged?

Sure.

>Lalatina
>Wiz

>implying I have a cult yet

I'm currently busy setting up a breeding population of dodos.

The only cult I have is the one from Hatred. I don't really like being worshiped, and I have a low opinion of people that do, considering my flaws. I mean, at that point you're basically worshiping a pet cat with severe manic depression.

Anyway, the cult from Hatred is a straight up murder cult. They're all about nihilism and murder because everyone sucks and they hate everything. My tenets are, "Don't do anything unless I fucking tell you", and they still manage to cock that up a fair bit.
I mostly use them for dangerous experiment fodder with high mortality rates and suicide missions. They don't care. In fact, they're pretty happy about it.

... last time I talked about this I tried to jazz it up with some purple prose and was accused of being edgy. Which is probably true, but like. Hatred is an edgy game. Like, super edgy. Like super holy shit tryhard edgy. Have you seen Hatred?
It's actually pretty shit.
Anyway, now I've got a murder cult following me around because I used high end jumper bullshit to end the jump in like a day, and I've gotta do SOMETHING with them or they'll wander off and start doing shit by themselves, and that's no good for anybody. So yeah.
I hate them and they die a lot and they're all okay with it.
It's pretty weird.

Do good unto each other
Teach others how to help themselves, and one another
Try not to be a dick
Redemption is preferable to death
Love, and love deeply.

Mostly through worship, though I made sure anyone who tried sacrifices knocked that shit off. I also didn't accept donations.

Yes. Angels are awesome.

Cool. I'm thinking maybe having the villain be Mara, with my Ultimate Persona being Maitreya to match. Not quite sure how to differentiate the tone of the story from canon's, though. Something I was considering was having the targets be people who are hurting themselves with their delusions rather than others. But then I remembered that that idea is used in P5, just as a lesser theme. There are two entire dungeons focused on that idea. I'll keep thinking of something.

Jumpers, what are your go-to swearing exclamations?

filename Close enough?

>McFrickin'-
>Oh, for the love of-
>Tch!
>[deity]'s beard!
>Damnation!

>Crap Baskets

Fuck me sideways

"Mother-christing piece of damnit." I think I took that from a Will McCarthy science fiction novel. All I know is that I quite enjoy saying it.

Careful there are some very literal cosmic beings out there that might take you up on that.

>tenets
LOVE ME
>How did your followers show their devotion?
do you know that one scene from American Gods?
>Did you create any divine servants?
I leave a cool Protector Angel (from Innistrad) in every world as a parting gift
so people don't forget me

Out of curiosity have you ever considered using them to fuel sanguine stars? You know to try to get something useful out of them.

Dare I ask why?

Probably because Dodos are extinct and it's a nice thing to do.

People would kill for dodo-egg omelets. Plus, they make good pets.

Also this, technically.

Powergamer says Arc or the blue.