"Am I being unreasonable?" thread. I'll start

"Am I being unreasonable?" thread. I'll start.

>two players make characters who are childhood friends and the one has to quit
>DM lets the remaining player control both for the entire campaign
>player is having the time of their life and each session is 75% them just chatting between their two characters
>is text only so manageable from their perspective
>I'd fucking love two characters and it strikes me as hugely unfair that one person gets to do it because they're too inflexible to just deal with a character leaving
>"oh they're old friends, they have to be in the game together!".
>do they though
>do they
>I want two god damn characters

Yes, you're being a little Varuca Salty. They didn't go into the game demanding two characters, it's a product of circumstance.

>player is having the time of their life and each session is 75% them just chatting between their two characters
Yeah you're not being unreasonable. If it were two players chatting IC the whole damn session then maybe a case could be made for you letting it slide, but if it's *one fucking guy just talking to himself*? Fuck that, dude needs to step back and let the other people play the goddamn game.

Jesus fuck I used asterisks for empasis. Kill me now, Veeky Forums, I don't want to live with the shame.

>letting a player play as two characters at the same time
absolutely disgusting

It's not though is it. They can be flexible and their character can work around their best mate being missing with help from the DM. It's a roleplaying game, they can make it work without this being necessary.

It's okay, most of us are capable of using two websites at the same time for different purposes.

>sessions mostly consist of one character having entire conversations with himself
Drop this game like a hot rock, user. This player is getting off on having an audience watch him wank himself, and the GM is either too weak-willed to stop it for the good of the game, or is complicit. Either way is bad. Get out. Get out now.

the game isn't amazing but fucking hell I have exhausted all irl possibilities and people at least speak in full English, I might as well just quit playing

There's nothing wrong with using asterisks for emphasis on a board that doesn't support italic or bold text.

I don't know what website you're so upset about.

That is pretty dumb and not something I would ever allow in one of my games.
When the guy left the DM should have taken over his sheet and made him an NPC or something.

Anyway I have one.
>Player is playing as a 11 foot tall crystal skeleton.
>Entire party is wiped out in a boss battle except for another player playing a ten foot tall oni.
>Oni takes Skellie's +2 armor.
>Player starts throwing a hissy fit and demanding that his new character get the armor.
>His new character is a six foot tall normal man that had never met his skeleton guy.
>Rule that the oni has no reason to up the armor.
>He still seems kind of pissed and almost got into a real shouting match with the oni's player.
Was I being a dick?

You're not being unreasonable for considering the situation unfair, but envy is not reason.

You should have asked your DM to control the friend as an NPC from the start.

Simple answer: Kill one.

Were you the DM? You shouldn't have caved to the cry babies unreasonable demand. The Oni player could have taken that armor if he wanted it.

No, the skeleton faggot was the dick. I mean, literally the only thing he needed to do is to make the new character related to the dead one. People does it all the time.

Nobody else would be able to wear the armour anyway if it's made for someone >10ft tall

It's better than all caps.

Shit I wrote that wrong.
The oni did get the armor.
I meant to say he had no reason to give up the armor.
That is what I told him but he still kept saying that it was righfully his and that he still wanted it.

Tell him that someone unable to distinguish between player and character is a massive redflag in all tables.

Let him have it, and constantly remind him how it's dragging on the ground, weighs hundreds of pounds, is blocking his view, and is laughed at by every NPC.

Not even a little bit, is basically right. Just ask them straight up if they think they would fit into the armour, and then let them has it out IC if they want to have it remade to fit the human. If the Oni player says no...I dunno. The person you're playing with isn't very mature really.

You basically aren't playing now, so there's little actual difference between having this game and having no game.