sgiz.mobi/s3/7e74b19937c1

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously on /5eg/
How much of session time do you spend on adventuring in dungeons, and how much on less dangerous activities, such as drinking in the taverns or courting your waifus?

But my waifu is the dungeon.
no seriously the party was super-miniaturized and we're sailing through her blood vessels in a wooden submarine to kill some evil demon-parasites that godmagic doesnt work on

>How much of session time do you spend on adventuring in dungeons, and how much on less dangerous activities, such as drinking in the taverns

Depends on what all is happening, if they are already in town normally half of our four to five hour session is drinking, going to stores, getting the next quest or intel.

If they are already in a dungeon normally a full session to get through most if not all.

>courting your waifus?

Keep that shit in pfg

Your DM made an episode of the Magic School Bus into a dungeon, I'm not sure if I should be impressed or sad for you.

Asking for new thread.

>Idea for a villain
>Literal power gamer who's making as many contracts with fiends, pledges to fae courts, commitments to the Gods as he can
>Hoping to amass as much power as quickly as possible before they all get wise and tear his soul apart

Is this any good or is it just total shit?

How does one play dungeons other than "I roll perception" every 5 feet?

Reposting in the new thread.
>Has anyone done Adventurer's League?

>I am wondering what the rules are for buying and selling mundane equipment between sessions.

>the Alchemist's metal bear walks 30 feet in front of the party
>if it dies, we push it with a 30 foot shovel

you can break down the walls and skip the traps

I like it, especially since you can have his death result in a celestial war over his soul since he promised it to so many beings

DMs not being shit and letting passive perception spot traps, or instead making traps more like puzzles and obvious instead of hidden.

>Has anyone done Adventurer's League?
Thankfully, no. There's no reason to play AL, unless you're really desperate.

>assaulting a castle
>yeah we could scale the walls and fight our way into the keep and then find the throne room
>idk lets just drink these potions of gaseous form and float through the BBEG's bedroom window at night

The problem with passive perception is once the DM knows the party's perception, he knows whether any trap he makes is going to spring on you or not.

>not having a waifu in your game
Wow it's as if you don't like developing relationships with PCs

Any word on when will the trove be updated with the new adventurers league modules? Or was that abandoned?

>Already running a weekly game
>Local Game Store runs AL twice a week

Yup, I am desperate.

That's great, but does the creature that set the trap know?

Considering the DM is in charge of that creature, yes.

>just wanting to play D&D with no homebrew bullshit

True but it atleast speeds up some instances instead of every single point needing a roll.

>Wanting to flirt with a bunch of sweaty dudes at a table

I might browse Veeky Forums but I'm not that deep into it. Occasionally stuff here or there can fly to start relationships but after that you do it off screen.

So kobolds know how to make near undetectable traps, because the DM metagames?

Joke's on you, I'm a girl and so is the DM. It's not gay when women do it.

A DC isn't just some arbitrary number, it's supposed to reflect the actual difficulty of the check. The DM knowing a player's passive perception doesn't suddenly make an enemy better at hiding or capable of constructing a more subtle trap.

If the DM decides you should get hit by a trap, yes. That's how it works when he can know with 100% certainty every time whether the party will passively spot a trap or not. He's just deciding whether you will blunder into this or not. Your only defense is to say "we search for traps" every X feet in a room or to convince your DM to roll for the DC of his traps.

>no siege weapons

To sell mundane equipment, you can do it at the end of the session when you return to some form of civilization with stores and such; you can sell your gear for half the price listed on the PHB unless it's damaged (Armor or weapons being ruined by a jelly or consumables going halfway down).

On your logsheet at the end of the session just write on the notes what you're selling for how much GP so it adds to the total of GP you will be starting at the beginning of the next session, provided you don't spend the GP (If you do you obviously do the math and write in the notes what you will be buying and such).

If you don't return to civilization then at the beginning of the next module, talk to the DM about visiting a town with a shop and do the buying and selling before the session starts.

It's still gay, just no one complains or is weirded out by it.

>I know the passive perception of my party is 10, 10, 11, 13, and 16
>I need some traps for this dungeon
>we'll put a spike trap here
>it'll be about an average difficulty, so DC 15
>oh, the Cleric will see it every time
>here's a fireball trap over here
>this was made by a really clever Wizard so the DC will be 20
>oh, no one's going to see it
You're looking just at effect and not cause. The DM is in control of the NPCs and the dungeon and everything else. At this point he's just going to decide if you hit a trap or not. If he doesn't want you to find a trap, he'll just increase the DC to whatever arbitrary level is necessary to beat your passive perception, and come up with the justification after the fact; oh, it wasn't kobolds who made this one, they had hobgoblin allies at one point. He can justify anything. Every trap you find and every trap you don't stems first and foremost from the DM's decisions. Don't be retarded and pretend you don't understand.

Why destroy a perfectly good castle when you could just assasinate

How about, base DC of 15, then a 50/50 chance of either adding or subtracting a d6 from the DC

>implying shoujo-ai is gay

>If he doesn't want you to find a trap, he'll just increase the DC to whatever arbitrary level is necessary to beat your passive perception
If the DM doesn't want you to find a trap it doesn't matter whether he's asking you to roll or not. How is this even difficult for you to understand?

I have no fucking clue what that is but if it's two dudes or two chicks its gay.

The DM can just say rocks fall you all die if they're doing that already

Because now he's not hiding behind the die and giving you an illusion of choice. You can call him out on his shit.

But what if its a trap user, traps aren't gay right

If the DM is unwilling to allow pcs to overcome traps they are specialized to overcome, he will be a metegaming dickhead either way

shoujo-ai is girls' love
it's a non-romantic affection
at the extreme end it's like being super-bffs who sleep naked together but no gay stuff

I have some bad news,

>less dangerous activities, such as drinking in the taverns or courting your waifus?
The fuck you talking about? Those are the most dangerous parts of being an adventurer.

How can you call him on his shit when you don't know what the trap DC is?

Do you think passive perception existing doesn't mean you also can't actively look for things and roll anyways?

Because you're playing a Druid with Observant.

If you know your passive you can guess the DC of the trap

>Really, Jeff? There's not a single trap in any dungeon we've visited with a DC under 22? Lemme guess, when we hit level 9 the DCs will mysteriously be 23.

put a time constraint on the dungeons

Create situations where the party has to move faster (chasing something or something chasing them) if they stop to look for traps they lose out on something or they are forced to fight a patrol.

Additionally you can hide the traps better so a simple perception check wont teach them anything, but if they did a proper investigation on it they might notice the little piece of string attached to some part of it that would set off a contraption etc.

Be creative, make it fun and cheat.

But its not gay user it can't be gay

Traps are faggot tier because you're trying to hide and rationalize your homosexuality.

Sounds borderline gay if not at least would be treated the same as two really close bff guys sleeping naked together. Everyone would just assume they're gay.

Or, maybe, just seeing the trap doesn't disarm it

And? Observant doesn't apply to rolls. Neither does it prevent you from rolling if you can't spot something passively.

What's the problem here?

Yep, that makes it A-OK

>I made a character that revolves around finding traps
>Great, you don't find traps anyway because fuck you you're not supposed to interact with traps traps are just minature 'rocks fall you die'.

what if

what if there was a trap
what if there was a trap that activates when you look at it

That's the problem the original user brought up, he hates that dungeons are just people rolling every 5ft.

That's because if two guys do it, it is gay.
Girls are different. They can get away with this. Girls braid each others' hair and try on each others' underwear and shower together and call each other pretty and dish about boys and their ideal wedding.
Guys pretend not to notice each other in locker rooms and hesitate for a second before grabbing their friend as he slips off the mountain because they're worried if hugging another dude when they're not on the football field is homo or something.

What if it's an orb that sends an information pulse that permanently drains your Wis by 2 if you look at it with a clairvoyance spell?

Yeah, and one of mitigating constant rolls is applying passive perception and then asking for rolls when necessary.

You don't need the players to initiate everything on their end. If you, as the DM, think there's a chance of a player noticing something even if their passive perception isn't up to snuff, tell them to throw a d20 and give you the result.

>hesitate for a second before grabbing their friend as he slips off the mountain because they're worried if hugging another dude when they're not on the football field is homo or something.

That's just called being a bad friend and bad person, also still sounds gay, other than braiding, but people ignore it because they think two chicks doing stuff like that together is hot.

This can't be a real manga

Also what the fuck is this conversation doing in in this thread

It may as well, because no one in my group is going to fucking roll to disarm a trap. We know what bags full of rats, bricks, sticks, bars, and rope are.

Personally that is how I handle it, but the main argument is over people playing with a)bad DMs and b)asshole DMs.

Reminder there's no reason to hide traps from your players in the first place unless you want them to say 'I check for traps' on literally everything or 'I poke X with a 10ft pole' on literally everything.

Denying players useful information that allows them to make creative and informed choices is a shit idea.

Traps should be dangerous because of time constraints, how tricky they are to avoid/disarm if you know they're there or because they have a psychological effect the players have to figure out ('Oh, there's an obvious trap here because it wants us to walk around it into this dark, suspicious passageway instead.') or because it's punishment for not doing something else properly (Not lighting the room properly). They could also be used by the players themselves against enemies.

The above actually gives something interesting. What does not give something interesting is 'Roll to find traps' and then 'Roll to disarm traps / avoid traps'.

It was a gag strip in the back of a real manga.
And we're talking about it because you fools need to learn that girls can be gay without being gay, but guys can't.

The ending comment responding to OP's question then it turned into some "femnon" trying to convince me that just because girls do it makes it not gay.

>Trap activates when you open a door
>"let's get the rat to open the door!"
>"no let's throw a brick at it!"
You know all your woes could be solved by traps more complex than "don't step here"

Women can't be gay. They can be lesbians, but not gay.

Gnome damn it!

reposting,
So for an Immortal Mystic, which seems to be the only playable variant, do you use the 10+DEX+CON formula or do you use Inertial Armor's 14+DEX?

Also, Bestial Claws vs. Brute Strike vs. Lethal Strike?
Bestial form gives you Tough Hide, Brute Force makes you a grappling god, Mastery of Force gives you ranged options and shit but you are probably not pumping up INT at this point, Psionic Weapon gives you the +3 magical weapon.

Outside of that Iron Durability for the +1AC focus and over all resistances and Giant Growth for the reach and +1d4?

At this point are the two extra disciplines as good as I think they are, compared to going Soul Knife?

Also, you are pretty much forced to go STR for this thing, right?
Dex seems to work much better with a Soul Knife, but no idea how their DPS actually compare, given all the shit that wants to use your bonus action, not getting TWF nor extra attack, etc.

Same difference

>Immortal Mystic, which seems to be the only playable variant
Get out

Right, Curse of Strahd.

The whole final castle seems a bit.. Like there are so many cool things in there, including at least two powerful boons that you get for taking something from the castle to somewhere else.

But.. Like when you're in the castle, it's pretty much final showdown with Strahd already since you're bound to stumble onto him in the fated room.

But I can't see any reason why the party would sack the castle and bugger off, only to return because Strahd was left twiddling his thumbs in X tomb waiting for them.

What are some inventive ways to let them clear Castle Ravenloft and do some final exploration overland before the final showdown without sounding like a cop out.

Only one I thought of, was when they find Strahd for the final showdown, it's actually Baba Yggsa with a Tarot deck who reveals that the players aren't the only ones with the portents of fortune telling, and that Strahd is already on his way to kill Madam Eva/Esmeralda/Whomever. Which he has already done by the time the party arrive, and fighting them in a position where he can return to his coffin in the ransacked castle for the "Final showdown 2, electric boogaloo."

I went for the standard formula, but I'm no frontliner, I just go there to bail the martials and revive people.

Go Str if you want to grapple, and if you want to blast, Psionic assault has no save.

Strahd ain't in, he popped out to the willawonk to get some jammy dodgers.

By the time we were on the way to Castle Ravenloft, we had a revenant buddy who could home in on Strahd wherever he might be, so I'm not really sure this would be a reliable fix.

If you plan on going with make sure the guy performs a few particularly noteworthy deeds, he needs to be God-Emprah tier if deities are fighting over his puny mortal soul.
Have him boil a lake to steam or knock over a mountain on a kingdom.

it's the only variant people talk about here.

standard formula being?

Doesn't this kind of conflict with the whole Tarot deck which explicitely gives you a location where you can always find strahd, because the threads of fate are tied in a manner that when you arrive, he will be there.

10+Dex+Con

Wu-jen godmoding gets talked about too

>check Tarot deck
Oh, Strahd's at home
>walk over there
>he leaves while the party is en route
>party doesn't check it again when they're on the front porch

But where you meet Strahd is part of an early prophecy, isn't it? It's set from the beginning of the campaign. It isn't some sort of compass system.

>>he leaves while the party is en route
This happened in a game I was playing in.

We were on our way to lay siege to the BBEG's castle... but he had gone out for a trip with his wife a day before we arrived. We got inside, searched the whole place looking for him, and eventually got his steward to talk.

We felt like idiots.

Doesn't say WHEN you'll meet him, just where. You could go there 50 times and none of them have to be the Fated Time.

i wish the awakened was good, the psychic detective crap is so fringe, specially compared to what some other divinations can do, and spectral body overlaps heavily with psionic body.

nothing in the awakened feature list suggest any synergy with the awakened disciplines, and that is pretty fucking shit in my opinion.

I'm getting an itch to homebrew a blood sorcerer. What sort of features should it have and what would you like to see/do with it? I was thinking con+dex but Stone Sorc already did that.

How do you know which one to use? Passing your investigation checks?

It doesn't matter. It's not like you lose your resources if you fail to set off the trap with one of them.

I mean. Using a rat or a pole doesn't help much if it causes the walls of the room to slam shut. Disarming would help

Hope your GM describes things in the environment that are the traps instead of just leaving you to think you're in a blank space and then step forward onto a pressure plate your passive perception didn't pick up because no GMs use it and that causes 20ft spears to launch from the very obvious holes in the wall that you weren't told about.

What are the quintessential This could be a trap descriptions

There's no point to such a trap. It would have been triggered centuries ago by whatever fucking creature lurks further within the dungeon and the party would walk in to find a big stone wall in the way. Why even leave the trap unengaged to begin with? Just close it off from the get-go and call it done.

>not having at least one girl in the group
>being this NEET

or you can do what I do and have the DM be your girlfriend

Maybe they can damage themselves to add dice to spells. Lots of self damaging metamagic. Access to some good necromancy spells

This is all so weeb it physically pains me

It can reset automatically or whomever runs the dungeon resets it. It'a a pretty effective trap. I tend to make traps that a pole doesn't effect.

>passive perception

>tfw every experience I've had with a girl at a table has been awful

Is there a character that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH Madara Uchiha? Let alone defeat him. And I’m not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara. I’m not talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara either. Hell, I’m not even talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano’o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu. I’m also not talking about Kono Yo no Kyūseishu Futarime no Rikudō Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan (which is capable of Enton Amaterasu, Izanagi, Izanami and the Tsyukuyomi Genjutsu), his two original Rinnegan (which grant him Chikushōdō, Shuradō, Tendō, Ningendō, Jigokudō, Gakidō, Gedō, Banshō Ten’in, Chibaku Tensei, Shinra Tensei, Tengai Shinsei and Banbutsu Sōzō) and a third Tomoe Rinnegan on his forehead, capable of using Katon, Fūton, Raiton, Doton, Suiton, Mokuton, Ranton, Inton, Yōton and even Onmyōton Jutsu, equipped with his Gunbai(capable of using Uchihagaeshi) and a Shakujō because he is a master in kenjutsu and taijutsu, a perfect Susano’o (that can use Yasaka no Magatama ), control of both the Juubi and the Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA and face implanted on his chest, his four Rinbo Hengoku Clones guarding him and nine Gudōdama floating behind him AFTER he absorbed Senjutsu from the First Hokage, entered Rikudō Senjutsu Mode, cast Mugen Tsukuyomi on everybody and used Shin: Jukai Kōtan so he can use their Chakra while they are under Genjutsu.