Another That DM Story

So who's ready for another "That DM" story? This is a long one, so I'm gonna be posting it in multiple parts.

I was scrolling through Roll20 for a Mutants & Masterminds game when I saw a game called "Shinobi of Amegakure". A setting based in the world of Naruto. It's been years since I even thought of Naruto and I applied as a joke, thinking that if I got accepted I would get to see some entertaining cringe.

I get accepted into the game and I start talking to the GM, I spit out ideas for a character and they tell me that each and every concept I put forth is already taken until I suggest that I be a Taijutsu user like Rock Lee or Shira. The GM seems entertained at the idea and tells me that I will be at a disadvantage compared to the rest of the ninja because at such a low Power Level, most ninja will have a similar martial arts skill level. I respond with "I know, I'm betting on using advantages to keep up for now, and once we get to a high enough level, I'll start picking up Alternate Effects and the power gap will start increasing". The GM approved this character, and so begun character creation.

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/users/557251/adam-g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just a bit of background for those of you who don't know what M&M is.

In Mutants & Masterminds you get a number of points equal to 15xPL. We were PL 5 since we were Genin, just graduating from the academy, so I had 75 Power Points. I used a majority of these power points on grabbing advantages, the equivalent of feats, and intended to use these advantages to keep up with the actual Ninjutsu of other players. The alternate effects I intended to take later are a mechanic unique to M&M, allowing you to spend one point and gain an additional effect based off of the original power, granting you 'modes'. An example given is if you have a damaging laser, you can take alternate effect and gain a strobe setting, letting you dazzle and stun people. The concept is that eventually, versatility is just fluff, and is no better than having more standard powers. They are highly recommended for martial artist characters since generally, they're going to be at a disadvantage amongst individuals who can smash buildings apart.

The Alternate Effects come into play later, for now, I built my character. A Taijutsu user who had just graduated from the Amegakure (Rain Village) Academy. He was born without any particular Ninja abilities, but he was determined to be a ninja and dedicated his life to perfecting his physical body and his skills, which allowed him to just barely pass the Ninja Academy with Taijutsu alone. I built this character to have trained heavily in taijutsu, but have literally no ninjutsu, he could not cast jutsu if he tried. As far as I'm concerned it sounds like a fun story and I like the underdog vibe.

The first session went great, a bunch of lucky rolls and my character one this big battle royale between all the Genin, a great start. We had some issues with a 'That Guy', but he left the campaign quickly after fucking over everyone and getting us all stuck with psuedo-tailed beasts and becoming artificial Jinchuriki.

The second session went just as well, we get introduced to our Jonin, we all meet up and so on and so forth, blah blah blah. Another player is mostly in charge of running the session, and so it actually goes well. But this story is about the GM, so I'm mostly going to ignore other things that happened in the game...

Bump for interest

This GM-who will be henceforth referred to as either GM or Lord Fuckwad-had been poking fun at my character all during character creation. I was able to take it, I can roll with the punches, but it was starting to get grating. I rolled with it until the next off-session RP, which we did to get further character depth. However, Lord Fuckwad seemed to have a habit of making things harder. Both of my genin team mates had Ninja Pets, one being a tiger, the other being an ant colony she kept inside her. Lord Fuckwad decided to hop into the chat and play as the waitress of the restaraunt we went to, telling both of these ninja that no animals are allowed in the establishment, and they had to eat outside if they wanted to eat there at all... In the village where it's constantly raining. So then of course we stop our meaningful and character-building RP to instead move our characters outside, and have this restaurant owner call insults at us from inside.

This became a running theme, with the GM hopping in as an NPC during a fun RP moment and derailing the entire conversation. That wasn't even the worst though, apparently one of the ninja in the establishment was the 'Sanin or the rain village'. For those who are not versed in Naruto lore, sanin equates to "I'm the best of the best". So we start talking as genin, my character is young, idealistic, and doesn't really have a reason to hate any other village. He wasn't raised in a ninja family so he doesn't have any stories of how terrible the Great Ninja Wars were or how terrible other villages are. As far as he's concerned, he just thinks everyone should calm down and get along. Then, Lord Fuckwad hops in as this Sanin who goes on and on about how my character is stupid and naive and how he's a terrible shitty ninja because he can't use Ninjutsu and blah blah blah, insult insult insult.

Okay so DM seems like a bit of a prick but is there anything besides insulting your character?

The insults went on for about ten minutes before I responded by rolling a Persuasion check with a surprisingly high bonus for a martial artist-cause it's an anime, the underdog has to be personable. I proceed to roll a 20, and with modifiers, it becomes around a 28 or a 29, can't really recall, and after that, I provide a nice big bravado speech about how I made it this far with martial arts alone, and I already proved that I'm the strongest in my year during that Battle Royale. The GM not only totally ignores my 20, but the Sanin laughs at me. After that my character leaves because he knows there's nothing he can say to a Sanin if his achievements already only enduce a laugh. I respond with "No wonder the civilians fucking hate ninjas, you're all drunken pricks!" and leave.

The GM then proceeds to take my character's team mates, the characters I'll be interacting with the most, and tells them about how they can't rely on me, I'll only get them killed, about how I'm a pathetic excuse for a ninja, and how she should never listen to me and blah blah blah, this goes on for about twenty minutes.

This story continues, this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Afterwards I message the GM and tell them "That wasn't cool" and calmly ask them to lay off my character. I don't insult them, or threaten to leave, I just asked if they can tone it down a bit. The GM responds to me with "Not everyone's gonna love you, deal with it". I learned later after further discussion with some other players and the GM hopping in that the Sanin apparently had immunity to all social-based checks, so if someone had lied to him, he didn't need to roll, he just knew. If a woman tried to convince him not to kill her husband, he could just ignore her, and so on and so forth. Because that's a great thing for a ninja to have.

Seems like the GM was trying to get you into the whole Rock Lee mindset dude. You're playing an underdog, NPCs are gonna hate them until they prove themselves.

So we start on our first missions and things are going smoothly again, right up until our very first combat encounter of the game. We run into a bunch of leaf ninja who are in our territory and the GM-controlled NPC repeatedly advised us that we shouldn't pursue this, and then when we asked her what our alternatives are so far away from the village, she said 'We have no way to contact the village from here'. So we head to the location to help. Turns out that this is a team of a Jonin and three other Genin who are all above us in PL. The numbers are even and they mop the floor with us so badly that my taijutsu character couldn't even get a hit on them in close quarters combat. I wanted to call bullshit so badly, but I held my tongue. Then, as we retreat, the NPC admits that she can send a message to the village, and does so. So only once we get thoroughly humiliated does the GM admit that there's a way around this combat.

And so we get to that night, where my character is sulking over the fact he was so easily overpowered in taijutsu (he's literally a child, I was playing to my character, even if some of the salt was real). Then the NPC walks over again and asks if I would like to get even stronger and recommends that I drag our heavy sled along as we travel, which would allow me to train, at least before I get a set of training weights that would allow me to train more easily. My character is skeptical, but agrees to do so.

Now see, I'd think that to, if this GM was focusing on the fact that my character can only perform Taijutsu, instead the GM heavily leaned on the fact that my character was an idealist and that was generally his main subject of attack, not the fact I only had Taijutsu. Even if he was, telling me to deal with it when I ask him to tone it down is a seriously dick move.

In the morning, said character leaves and my character proceeds to do as asked. The GM asks me "Do you carry the sled for the whole journey?" and I say "Yes!" the GM then proceeds to spell out our journey, and I had to step away for a minute to deal with family bullshit. When I return I was again asked "Do you continue" and I say 'Yes'. The GM neglected to however tell me that it had been three days double time. The GM also neglects to inform me of how my character's feeling, because apparently at the end of the three days, my character has torn every muscle in his body.

This is a 50 lbs sled, and my character could easily lift 800 lbs, and he had a feat called Great Endurance which gives him a bonus to checks made to sustain things like marches and so forth. The healer can't even help me because it's not the proper healing type, and my character is stuck being completely immobile until the GM has some mystical force heal me in the night... not enough to actually make my character functional, only enough so that he can walk. Afterwards, we stay at the Hidden Grass Village and my character is admitted to the hospital for the entire stay. I had to watch everyone else have fun, explore the city, and RP, while my character is restricted to heavy bedrest, and when I ask 'Isn't there a doctor who can heal me?' I get the response 'Well that would be really expensive' despite the fact that not only is my character essentially a child soldier, and would receive care for free at an official state hospital, but the fact that a simple healing jutsu should not be insanely expensive and that's a stupid thing to say.

So my entirely physical-based characters gets restricted to bed for the entire stay except the last five minutes of RP, where I get to do almost nothing. I was about to leave the campaign at this point since I'd spent three whole sessions doing fuck-all with my thumbs up my ass, but the pretty girl in the group who was super sweet to me-as well as the player of the Jonin in our group-convinced me to stay. I stay in the game, sit through the bullshit, do a little bit of RPing with some of the locals, and the GM relatively focuses on the 'plot' of the situation. He also decides that one of the genin of the Hidden Grass needs to be super nihilistic and convinced that all of humanity is going to die... these are children and the GM plays them as being incredibly defeatist. I get released from the hospital and confront Lord Fuckwad about what happened, and this would become a recurring argument, because Lord Fuckwad sees no issue with what he did... despite it making no fucking sense. Eventually I have to explain it to him as I feel like I'm being left out and ostricized from the group when he does shit like that. Let alone the fact that this is an anime RP, and dumb strong shit is just a thing anime characters do.

>When I return I was again asked "Do you continue"

>GM asks you a question
That's always a red flag, dude.

The next event took place out of game. I message the GM about the potential of my character taking an ability called Counterstrike since other ninja seemed to be at a comparable level to me when it come to martial arts, I wanted to take a power that would establish that my character is better than the ordinary ninja, since he spent literally all of his training on it. Since actually buying up to full cost would require me dedicating literally all of my points I gain for the next ten sessions I request to take it as an alternate effect so it can actually be useful. I am informed that the ability I want is OP and that the GM doesn't like alternate effects. I remind him that alternate effects are in the game for a reason, and that M&M recommends them for many character types, and particularly recommends them to martial artists who are going to spend a lot of their points on their physicals and have very little versatility.

The GM then informs me that he just doesn't like them, regardless of what the book said, and nevertheless, the ability is OP. Despite the fact I'm a martial artist that's surrounded by ninja wizards who can shoot fireballs, cover the battlefield with paralyzing insects, flip over entire sections of the Earth, etc, etc... but no, showing off the skill of my martial artist is OP. I continue to push my stance and bring up the fact the GM actually stated previously that he thinks my character is incredibly weak compared to other characters. As soon as I bring this up Lord Fuckwad gets upset and says that using his own words against him is childish and a bad argument to make in a friendly discussion. Then informs me that his decision went from maybe, to probably not. Then I'm also informed that most ninja are going to have a comparable unarmed combat stat to me, so I don't just floor everyone. Despite the fact that martial arts are literally my only ability and everyone else has fucking Ninja Magic.

Reading this thread has me wanting to see what not-horrible Naruto tabletop would be like. Anyone willing to make a Discord?

Hold on one second.
> I respond with "I know, I'm betting on using advantages to keep up for now, and once we get to a high enough level, I'll start picking up Alternate Effects and the power gap will start increasing". The GM approved this character, and so begun character creation.
Did you bring this up at all?

I believe you must've picked up the power of future-sight, because that was my next fucking post.

I get annoyed and tell this GM all the reasons I should get this power, I lack versatility, I lack a way to actually display superiority of my skill over other ninja, and that if other ninja's stats are going to be close to mine-which I called bullshit on to begin with considering that taijutsu is literally way to fight people-that I should have abilities that let me have some sort of advantage over melee combat. I type out a long response, GM essentially goes "TL;DR" and ignores me.

I am once more, tempted to leave this game and the GM who seems to like nothing better than taking the piss out of me and punishing me for shit my character should be able to do easily. However I am once more convinced to stay by the pretty woman... I have a weakness and that weakness is beautiful women, I deny nothing.

Sounds like fun actually, I'd like to play in a game that's not run by a fucking hypocritice.

> sanin equates to "I'm the best of the best"
Does your GM even like understand the Naruto lore?

NPCs didn't hate Rock Lee though. The GM was literally turning him into Naruto - everyone hated Naruto until he saved their lives half a dozen times

No. No they fucking don't. I got into multiple arguments with them about the Naruto lore. They eventually just said "Well I said this was based off of Naruto, not actually the Naruto setting" and I gave the fuck up.

>immunity to social-based checks

What does... what does that that even mean? Is that an ability you can have in the game?

I dunno OP, it sounds like you picked a deliberately gimped character in a party of demigods, and you're butthurt when NPC's point out that you're the only one around who can't do magic and shit. And then when you asked for extra powers, the GM said no, and you kept arguing for some reason? So far it sounds like you're both twats.

Still reading though, I'm curious how it all finally implodes.

> i do this thing
> are you sure
> yes
> ok but are you SURE
> i said yes
> alright man its your choice but are YOU SURE YOU WANT TO DO THIS
> yes
> something bad happens
> WHAT

Sorry. New fag, don't know how to reply. I can create a Discord group if someone else can GM

I'm actually running one. I post the summaries I've got all the summaries collated in a Dropbox file as well. We've been playing for a year, and the 'summaries' are over 100 pages long.

So begins the next session where we arrive at the Hidden Waterfall village. My character has a session where he's secretly tested for the ANBU due to his skill, and my character refuses to complete the test of killing an old man. Overall I don't care much, besides feeling like it's a waste of a session and that my character really doesn't like this idea of being a patriot, in fact, he's convinced that the word 'patriot' actually just means 'Do anything my country says like a slave'.

This session isn't terrible, but it's just kinda boring, and so just as the session is winding down I quietly step away to take a piss. Then when I return I see that the waitress offered our table raffle tickets, which everyone rejected. My character actually has a power that I picked up-spending a point in the process-that allows him to just win at gambling. Why? Because I think it's a funny trope when the kid is a great gambler. The GM knows I have this trait, and when I return, I establish my character would have grabbed a raffle ticket. The GM tells me that because I was AFK and didn't say "BRB" that I wasn't allowed to grab a raffle ticket, and this would've been the first time I actually got to use my power.

I then object openly in the chat, claiming that this is the only time I've ever gotten to use my power and that it's not even a big deal. They respond with "Ok, but you will awaken with 0 Hero Points" which are points you earn that allow you to reroll checks, do a scene edit, and so forth. Lord Fuckwad was incredibly stingy about them and I only got the two at this point. This is the point where I openly flip in chat, tell Lord Fuckwad that's a stupid punishment they're punishing me for stupid reasons. That is about the point I left the chat and decided that I'm going to leave the game.... but that's not the end of our story.

Click on the number at the top of someone's post to quote.

Okay to be fair, this happens in every single group at least once, usually at least once per person. Doesn't even matter what game it is. Hell I think it might've happened to me while GM'ing at some point.

user, in Naruto, there was a character literally like that, but was still the practical equal of the people around him who had magic because he was that damn good.
In the terms of the setting, such a pc is entirely valid, the GM was the one determining that it wasn't.
>GM arbitrarily determines something bad happens despite it's unlikelyhood based on the character's actual abilities

Those people are the worst.

And even if it's 'based off' Naruto, that still fucking means that there are only three Sanin. Sanin's not a grade, it's a title given to three specific people.

I think I'd enjoy playing in this just to fuck around. But then the GM would likely just label me 'That Guy'

Deception and Intimidation, even Persuasion if you have the advantages, can be used in combat to add conditions to an enemy (deception to Feint which can make enemies Vulnerable, Intimidate to add -2 and even -5 penalties to all of an enemy's rolls if they fail by enough).

I dunno man, I'm not a fan of retconning things after a scene has happened just because one member went silent either. He seems like a bit of a jerk who didn't like your character in the first place and was too limp-wristed to reject it outright so he turned to passive-aggressive bullying, but he hasn't done that much that's spectacularly bad yet.

That's the second time something happened while you were AFK that you've bitched about. How often do you leave your damn computer? And why don't you have the courtesy to tell them you gotta BRB?

It's not supposed to be something you can take, but there's an immunity power that suggests you can come up with new immunities if you have a good reason... the GM essentially just made up an ability so that nobody could ever convince him of anything.

And the thing is, my character wasn't gimped, we were just leveling up and everyone else was grabbing super cool abilities like our insect user was grabbing an alternate effect that would let her put people to sleep and our ice user was grabbing something that would let him paralyze people. Counterstrike just so happened to be my ability. I did partially want it because other ninja were still close to me in terms of martial arts, but for the most part, I just wanted to find a way to in-character demonstrate his martial arts skill. A big part of my argument to this DM was the fluff of the ability.

They didn't repeatedly ask me if I wanted to pull the cart, they just wanted to reaffirm what I was doing when I returned after a 30 minute family argument.

So you basically couldn't get snowed over or suckerpunched in a fight?
Makes sense since a lot of Naruto jutsus were based on misleading a person's senses.

Only Genjutsu, and they stopped being effective the instant that Itachi appeared and showed that all Genjutsu were 100% ineffective against the Sharingan.

Yeah, but total immunity is a bit too far.

Not often, just the few times I did step away shit hit the fucking fan.

And it's mostly because either I'm only ever gone for under a minute, or because it's something that I cannot physically stop to type BRB for-in this case, it was my mother being a psychopath and going after my father, but that's personal shit from my fucked up life. Moving on to the next part of this story.

It seems like there's too much on your plate for you to be a proper RPer, man, especially an underdog style character.

>an underdog style character
I don't really think OP was trying to make an underdog, more like "I got my thing, it's not the same as yours".
That said, OP made some mistakes with how he let his emotions get the best of him at times.

Right. Bumpfag here; that's my thought.

He literally made a Rock Lee-tier character, who is explicitly an underdog in-setting. Mind you, this is even before the GM revealed he wasn't going to allow for him to gain any versatility.

Yeah I do that sometimes, I've got a very loud personality and I don't deny I'm kind of an asshole, nor have I tried to fudge the story to make myself look like the fine upstanding hero. I'm a prick, the GM's just a bigger one who enjoyed fucking me over in-character.

Actually, the GM gave me the go-ahead to make a character who would pick up versatility later. I address that earlier in this post.

Had a GM pull this on me in a 3.5 game. Similar situation to OP. High-level character, maxed out Diplomacy skill, Nat 20 roll...I even used a prepared fucking speech that should have won me a fucking Oscar, let alone a circumstance bonus. Sir Asshole noble dismisses me without a roll the second I'm done talking, saying how my character is a fool and will know better when they're older. Later we beat down said noble, and the DM informs me that his ring provides immunity to "all forms" of influence...including Bluff and Diplomacy. Proceeded to give him shit for it for the rest of the game, as well as using the fact that I had the ring as an excuse any time I felt like being a stubborn, unreasonable bastard.

>an underdog in-setting
I'd argue that he wasn't an underdog in skill, he proved himself to be at least the equal of anyone who wasn't Protag Quality.
Naruto was an underdog, no one believed he could do shit and was surprised when he turned out surprisingly capable, that never happened to Rock Lee.

> who is explicitly an underdog in-setting
He dropped Naruto like a bag of rocks
He dropped Sasuke like a bag of rocks
Goes 1v3 against Team Dosu. Nearly wins while incapacitated.
He went toe-to-toe with a murderous Jinchuuriki, opened up Five Gates at age 14, and proceeded to get back to his feet after falling unconscious
He proceeded to slap being a paraplegic with his dick and getting back on his feet within a single month
He then fought one of the most dangerous ninja in the world at the time in the form of Kimimaro, with assistance from Gaara, while holding NOT A SINGLE BIT OF ILL WILL towards him for nearly crippling him for life.
He can open Seven Gates at age 18. Cuts Madara in half with a single kick.
He leads an entire SQUAD of Chakra Gate users in The Last.
He could solo almost every one of the Konoha group other than the God Twins.

He's not an underdog. He's just not an Uchiha or Naruto, and so is irrelevant, along with the rest of the cast.

isn't sharingan really rare though, like 5 people maybe? it'd still work on everyone else.

Going to level with you, I saw a few episodes like 10 years ago, so aside from what I've absorbed from osmosis, I'm not super knowledgable about the setting.

Basically.
Using any of the bloodline specialties as a basis of judgment is disingenuous.

Yeah, the only clan that can use it are pretty much all dead except for Sasuke and (now) his daughter.

But Kishimoto had a massive boner for the Uchiha, so only they ever used Genjutsu, and nobody ever used Genjutsu against them because it would immediately be dispelled.

Genjutsu was used about three times before Itachi's main introduction, and was almost never used after that, apart from one time that was an audio Genjutsu.

There's a couple much more minor stories about this GM that I'm going to summarize before you see where this story led just this afternoon. This GM really liked to fuck with the players. At one point I forgot a pass code I'd been told three weeks ago that got lost in the chat logs and the GM wanted to play it off as my character was just stupid and forgot it. He also interrupted my character's interactions with another PC consistently, like when I was training with one of our team mates, shit would just happen and super personal moments would have to suddenly stop. This story also generally left aside the consistent mockery of my character which again, I could generally deal with, but was just more bullshit on a bullshit sandwich. Then there's just the fact that he had multiple NPCs poking fun at my character, not for the underdog qualities I made him for, but solely because he's an idealist. There's probably some shit I'm forgetting, but whatever.

Just about an hour ago ago I was about to message this GM when I recieve a message from him. Lord Fuckwad tells me that we should 'Resolve our issues' and says that I seem to believe that he's out to target my character which I deny-even though it's obvious that he is, but that's no longer my issue with this GM. Instead the following ensues.

Coming up next are some exact quotes, copy/pasted directly from the chat.

>Coming up next are some exact quotes, copy/pasted directly from the chat.
Aww, shit, hurry, OP, I need to leave for work soon!

You've got the same attitude as my very first GM did.

He never went out of his way to go after anyone, no, but he liked to take the piss out of things and not give people their moment to shine. Short version: He was a prick. He was a lot worse than you, but it's in the same cardinal direction.

And genuinely? I've GMed myself, I've probably mentioned this, but my memory is shit so I'm not sure, and there's a couple rules I've always had as a GM, and you break them a lot.

1. Make sure the players are having fun. Your job as a GM is to make sure people are having fun, and if they aren't, something's wrong.
2. Don't let your personal feelings influence how you react to something in game or mechanically.
3. Be forgiving. Shit happens, and d20s can be wildly inconsistent. Don't punish a player too badly just because of a series of bad rolls. "Three critical fumbles, you die" style isn't fun for anyone. (This one wasn't that big of an issue with this GM, it was just my third rule)

And for M&M specifically, it's a system that's meant to be wild and fun. Honestly I find your rules of things like "If you take luck you're going to look stupid" is like saying "If you play a Barbarian, everyone is going to think you smell" or "If you fly, it's powered by farts". You're putting some arbitrary restriction on it that makes it stupid for no reason other than you not liking it or thinking it's funny.

So sorry for asking over and over; but is anyone besides OP interested in doing a non-horrible Naruto tabletop?

I'd at least consider it.

See

Yeah but they've been running it for years; not like they'll accept new players.

>Coming up next are some exact quotes, copy/pasted directly from the chat.
you should've screencapped those but I'll take your word for it

I wish I could post these faster, but the god damn verify system is slowing me down

---------------------------------------------------

Mhm, I was afraid you'd take up this stance.
I'll be very transparent here, it's no secret i don't enjoy you as a person. Thats a story for another time, but as a rp partner, I find you have a very skewed conception on what happens. You tend to be very egocentric. It is my job to make sure the player has fun, but if you pick something like you did and expect the road to be easy after i told and demonstrated it won't be I can't feel sorry for you. If you're referring to yesterday, what you did simply leaving without a brb is beyond rude and uncourteous. I have in fact, been quite forgiving.

I fear you and I have a very different view on things, especially according to what you tell other people such as [Name Removed] x)

The world, especially a group this big can't revolve or bend to your character. Maybe other GMs can manage to help you live out your dream of being the main character, but your attitude OOC makes me feel like you expect things to revolve around you and you aren't willing to compromise with me. Hell, you wrote an essay just to be a cheeky cunt. I know you have a condition, so i've tried to be patient with you, but I don't think you'll continue to work at this table unless you can dial the drama back.

Yeah. It's hard enough getting four people from all corners of the globe together at once.

That being said, when this one finishes, I'll probably run another, different one. If you can be fucked, just keep an eye on the Naruto general on Veeky Forums. I post almost weekly updates, summaries, or other shenanigans. We've also got a really talented drawfag in the group, so they also post content.

I can't give you an ETA though, and I'm stuff as it is running this one game, let alone more than one at a time. Sorry, bruh.

> "Hey, don't be a dick."
> "Why you gotta make everything about you?"

ROFLMAO

Your DM sucks. You're kinda dumb for staying in the group.

Anyway, mechanical questions. Why the hell is your character weaker than everyone else? The descriptors for powers could easily have been taijutsu stuff. An at PL Multiattack Damage and take advantage of the advantages that let you change that (which you said you took).

Other powers just off the top of my head could be a Weaken power and make something like Gentle Fist.

Fucking hell. Use your increased strength to snap another PC's neck and then just leave the game, if you haven't already. It's clear that the GM has it out for you.

I can screencap those now actually, I only need a moment.

user, who is whom here?

Mkay i will keep a look out.

> Gentle Fist
I don't think he's a Hyuuga.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the one criticizing GM style is OP.

I dunno either man! From how one post is the hopeless loser trawling out an essay about how shitty the GM is, and the other is a guy dismissing his concerns outright and calling him a shitty player...
Why, there are no context clues to help whatsoever! Why doesn't the OP tell us everything!?

I said like. Taijutsu in Naruto does all sorts of bullshit stuff that blurs the line with ninjutsu. I really don't understand why OP was weaker than everyone else when it's not particularly hard to fluff some power effects appropriately.

It's not rocket science dude.

is OP, the player

is the GM, responding to him

I'm just saying that even then, if OP's player can't use ninjutsu or mould chakra, then by definition he can't use Gentle Fist, by which the user injects chakra into their opponent's chakra network.

I apologize for that actually, this is my first time telling a story on tg.

>this thread

What's your Roll20 OP? I'll shoot you a message and if you'd like, keep you up to date with when I might be free to run a game.

Your call.

>it's no secret i don't enjoy you as a person

Why are you still in this group? Your Fedora GM has the hots for GIRL_PLAYER and is buttmad that she doesn't outright hate you, from the sound of it. I'd have fucking left and hung out with her outside the game.

I think this user fucking nailed it.

I think I'm done with looking for new games for a bit, I'll roll it over as I post the rest of these screencaps tho.

As a note I originally removed the line about the taking 10 because that's a whole other story, but essentially what happened was the GM was repeatedly asking me to roll investigation, I rolled repeated 2s and 4s, and eventually I just asked to take 10 so I could at least pass base. He tried making it into some sorta huge generous deal.

> oh hey [girl player] are you able to make it to the game this weekend?
> oh sorry [shitty gm], i actually can't, i made plans with OP!
10/10

And here's about the point I lost my shit.

If it's any consolation, my players say I'm apparently decent, and since they've all stayed around for a year, playing once or twice a week, I guess it goes alright.

End of the day, man, it's your call. Depends if you want to play in another Narutoverse game or not.

I'll join. What's your roll20?

Oh he doesn't have the hots for girl player, she's actually the Co-DM and had to run interference quite often, which basically consisted of Co-DM going "Shut the fuck up Lord Fuckwad" and telling me that I was alright, and I definitely do hang out with her, but she was very interested in convincing me to stay because she actually loved my fucking character, she thought he was funny cause I made him a snarky little bastard.

Shoot me a message.

As I've said, I'm not recruiting now, but if you're interested, I'll keep you in the loop for when I do run my next game, whenever that may be.

app.roll20.net/users/557251/adam-g

I'm probably being a bit presumptuous, honestly, and I wouldn't be surprised if anyone who shows interest now forgets by the time the game's ready.

Also apologies to OP for basically hijacking his thread.

Most of my game's discussion takes place in /nsunsg/ on Veeky Forums

That was satisfying to read

Trips of righteousness.

There was about a two second delay and no chance of them actually reading through my issues before they posted the following.

They also said:
"Feel free to say your goodbyes to the group. You're gone"

Then after I said my goodbyes to them, deleted everything I said to the group and just kicked me. Then proceeded to call me autistic for the next five minutes until I blocked them.

You seem like a reasonable and likeable person. There aren't enough of those. Thanks!

Faith in humanity +2!

How the fuck do people like this keep groups at all?

wait the group called you autistic?

Ya know, there are That GMs who are a bit stupid with their magical realms and slog encounters, but might at least realize they've made mistakes later in their life. This guy? Clearly a irredeemable, antagonistic, sociopath cunt.

I try my best. It's the first game I've GM'd, and I'm using a bastardised mish-mash of DnD 5e and some wank of a homebrew Jutsu casting system, but it seems to work.

It helps that the entire team understands that this campaign is one massive, shitty beta test for me to find my feet, so they're not too hard on me. It helps that most of them are newish players as well.

But we have fun. One character is a girl from a donut steel clan (that admittedly I put into the game as a plot point to give the players somewhere to go) who came from Amegakure, but wasn't born there, and doesn't know really where she's from, there's a Shimura who's getting over the stigma that Danzo left with the clan, and is on a mission to create a christmas cake harem, one is a breeding experiment of two clans in Kirigakure who had a whole lot of expectations dumped on him and has to struggle through with it, and one is from an OC clan that the player made who specialises in toxins, potions and poisons, and is getting trained as the healslut of the team.

It's honestly pretty great.

I think he meant the GM called him autistic.

> How dare you call me out on my shit! Don't point out when I'm clearly wrong! You're autistic! REEEEEEE!

oh, yeah that makes way more sense actually

Screencap?

>Oh he doesn't have the hots for girl player
Well that's good- it sure sounded like he migh

>she's actually the Co-DM
These aren't mutually exclusive. My wife had a "hanger-on" for years who didn't take hints well, and he was consistently antagonistic towards me in EVERY interaction. Sound familiar?

That said, as someone who used to struggle with anger issues a lot more often than I currently do, you need to become more chill. And I don't mean putting up with bullshit, exactly the opposite. Cut unnecessary drama out of your life- it sounds like from your family situation that you have more than enough as-is. That's why I'd suggest leaving the game.

If she has overruling power, yeah he's a fuckwad but if she's worth it stay, I guess. I dunno, you do you.

Ultimately, living well is the best revenge. Just don't let someone else's hate ruin you, life's too short for that shit. Sorry for the blog post.

Autism, the final response when the person you're arguing with realises they're wrong, but doesn't have a counterpoint.

A lot of GMs myself included get really invested in what they create and can get kinda of defensive about it.
This guy just sounds like a twat.
Why let a player play an archetype if you're gonna go out of your way just to shit on it.
Fuck with M&M there is so much you can fluff as martial arts hell the power profile book has an entire section on martial arts power.