Little criitter setting

Recently I've been watching Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers and I've been really interested in running game on a setting with smart little critters like in Redwall or the Secrets of NIHM but I don't have much idea of what to put on it to make it original

Mouse Guard

I vaguely remember the days when I was blissfully oblivious kid that could enjoy tales of anthropomorphic animal characters without any association of the degeneracy that if furfaggotry. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Mouse Guard is a fine game, but I respectfully disagree. It would be wholly unsuitable for a Rescue Rangers-styled game.

OP, try this.

Never played mouseguard, what is it like? And what is the Gummie bears game like?

Not sure on the system, but Mouse Guard is meant for playing in something like the Redwall books. Good, Christian critters holding off the weasel bandits that continue to attack innocents and abbeys.

Yiff in hell

see

Not what you're looking for but be sure to check out The Warren (Watership Down: the RPG).

Bump

There's a game called Woodland Warriors I would highly recommend

It draws heavily from Basic/Expert D&D but changes the mechanics dramatically to feel more sleek and uses a d6 system instead of d20. The book even has a full campaign attached.

It's interesting because it feels like a retroclone but is not a retroclone, and is also basically Redwall with the serial numbers filed off.

If you want more of a Rescue Rangers feel... Cartoon Action Hour is very good. Big Ears, Small Mouse is not as good, but usable.

Else... Bunnies and Burrows or The Warren are great for Watership Down-type stories where you are hopelessly outmatched by everything. But that's pretty far from what you want.

Well, the only thing I know i want from my setting is different tech levels among the rats/critters, some factions could be like the RR and make good use of human junk while other were on medieval times.
I'm sure there isn't a system that can handle that.

Mouse guard runs on a modified Burning Wheel system. It is uniquely flexible for a low-magic fantasy setting.

Woodland Warriors is pretty great, but the art is terrifying.

That looks like an elephant

Iron claw comes to mind

*has elephantitus

I kind of doubt there is a system designed exactly for this. So maybe run a generic system refluffed for it? BESM might work, M&M might work in a pinch. Maybe even CoC depending on how NIHM-like you want it to be.

For this kind of thing, the only distinguishing difference between playing a person and playing an anthropomorphic animal is descriptions, so almost any system, with some light modifications, would work.

Is that supposed to be some kind of neander-mouse? God, that's horrid.
post more

In all honesty, the game isn't all that bad. It's a decent hack of Swords & Wizardry Whitebox that only uses d6 dice. It's just the art that skirts the line between mediocre and uncomfortable.

That's a goddamn chupacabra.

Ironclaw is actually pretty unsuitable for this because it's essentially built around a realistic medieval Europe with rules that accomodate that

If you play it with massive size differences and weird human tech, you're essentially homebrewing am entirely new system

>>BESM refluffed

Hyperborean Mice is kind of like that, only with a Conan spin on it. Never played it but reading through the PDF there's a lot to like.