Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

in the grim dark future there is only Wendy's edition
>previous thread
Duncan does dank
youtube.com/watch?v=WCM-xJClFSA

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf2 A3 edition

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-40k-Dark-Eldar-Incubi-Models-Games-Workshop-/322499934786
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

my dudes > your dudes

ITT we post smug 40k faces

my boys > thy boys

But user. There is only Imperial McDonald

My dudes = your dudes, they just have strengths and weaknesses in different areas but as long as we both love them and find happiness in them its cool

Fuckdammit, you Wendy's people from KYM are the cancer killing Veeky Forums

>"Why is my burger telling me to worship the 4 armed Emperor?"

Admire your Eldar queen Imperials!

what character in 40k can bench the most without any psychic tomfoolery?
>primarchs are banned to ubers so they don't count

it was a meme you dip
people were talking 40k restaurants in the last thread

Im genuinely humbled by all the amzing Guard in these threads. Im too scared to post mine now because they look like horseshit next to stuff like GGA, RGG (Even Ogryns), Vostrobro, ValHaller and GreenGuardsman.

How can a normie even compete?

There is but one Queen, and it's not an Aeldari.

Masters of the Universe!

question is which is gayer, eldar or Freddie Mercury?

I have Vostroyans which are painted fairly well too, I'm just a shy boy.
Post your dudes, get critique thrown at you, then git gud. That's how I learned.

Where the hell do you guys find your Johnnies? I've been scouring ebay in my free time for ages and haven't seen one. Any good keywords?

Kharn, have you seen that bicep?

Why are you trying to buy condoms from ebay?

>He doesn't know about brother johnny
user...
I'm looking for a specific, meme-tier rogue trader marine.

user I've been posting my guard stuff for longer than those guys and I'm still not namefagged because of how bad it is (unless I'm one of the green ones since all my tanks are green and brown camo

Also everyone post what character you were last working on, I've been getting all the sarges in my guard army kitbashed and ready to paint, lots of fun options to help make your squads look different

Do we even see Red Guard anymore? Besides the Ogryns, of course.

we can go smugger
smug has always been a part of the goings on here.
just that those faggots brought it to the forfront.
clearly Nork Deddog among humans types.
DAH BIGGEST ORK you can find would likely do it without any psychic tomfuckery unless just being a big ORK is tomfuckery

we talking the beakie who shit his pants while reloading?

So...I just started listening to the Helsreach audiobook on youtube. I was 10 hours and 48 minutes into the roughly 12 hour recording and it was taken off of youtube. Are there any other resources where I can finish this story?

This is my first exposure to a wh40k book. I've spent some time in the past reading about the lore and I love it, but this is my first real dive in. I will also gladly accept recommendations of what I should read.

we talkin the beakie who prays to his bolter mag

Probably one of the tyranids consuderi g theyre 50 foot organisms of muscle and bone.

[some number] for Commorragh!

I'm still holding out hope that we'll be good this edition

Jesus a lot of RT models had autism it sounds like

>freddie mercury
>gay
freddie mercury could have fucked every man on earth and still be the straightest man there is

Me too. I'm prepping the wyches, though the gesso may have been a mistake.

You guys, orks and IG get armour saves vs Bolters. So there's that.
Don't know if the fixed-weapon transport shooting is a nerf or not for you guys.

If you take it in the ass from Freddie Murcury you actually get more straight

Guardsmen with 5+ saves against bolters is going to be so sexy

hey Veeky Forums
absolute 40k noob here.
i got my hands on an imperial guard/astra militarum codex and i like all the cheap and flexible infantry troops and the tanks/artillery. the starship troopers look is also nice.
do you have any sugestions wich boxes are a good start for an army ?

also one question regarding the heavy weapons team: the codex says they can chose one of the wapons listed in the "heavy weapons" segment but i cant find a special list for heavy weapons in there, just the general weapons list. so wich weapons can i choose from ?

I was gonna say Freddie because he died from a disease contracted from unprotected anal sex, but then I remembered that 90% of the Eldar died because they went so gay they literally birthed a Chaos God out of it and when they die their soul is forfeit to it. And they're STILL massive faggots.

Sounds like the same guy.
yep.
god looking through the old marine's there's a fucker with weird fucking legs
like ork's that don't squat weird
shit did anyone save the pick of the orks that stood up straight?

I actually just picked up a box of Wyches and a Razorwing for 50% off a couple days ago. Started collecting DE, then gave them to a new player who couldn't afford it on his own. Hopefully the RWJF and Wyches are a good enough intro back.
Now I just have to figure out how to cut apart bases and make a tall enough recess for ocean bases...

>Starship Troopers look

You want Space Marines for that.

>also one question regarding the heavy weapons team: the codex says they can chose one of the wapons listed in the "heavy weapons" segment but i cant find a special list for heavy weapons in there, just the general weapons list. so wich weapons can i choose from ?

generally i'd just advise you to hold back anyway. 8th i on it's way

either way it should be before the start of the HQ sections
you have mortars for like 5 points
heavy bolters for around the same
Auto cannons for like 10
and missle and laz for 15 i think
I advise you taking the autocannons
Mortars have been supplanted by the wyvern
MLs and laz are too expensive for BS 3
and heavybolters are just meh
you get statistically one hit with the auto cannon.
it can swap between hunting MC, intantry and AV (which will not be along for a bit)

it is viral marketing

Starship troopers are literal Cadians.

what everyones gonna tell you is the edition is about to roll so you have no idea what will be useful, id say just get what you think is cool, some good ways to start are
>start collecting- leman russes have never been bad and look cool as hell, also you get a commissar which is just a cool model even if not used as a commissar
>armored fist box- transports are always important and this gets you more guardsmen
>company command squad box- this gets you your HQ and lots of fun bits to give your army personality
id say get them in that order, none are crazy expensive and all will be useful no matter what edition it is

What? They're straight up Cadians.

he's probably talking about the book, where they wear power army and use drop pods

My IG are kitbashess of Pistolier heads, Great Swordsmen torsos, and Cadian arm annd pants

Nah, man. They're guys in suits of power armour that make them look like steel gorillas.

Those guys are from Bug Hunt on Outpost Nine.

People claim we don't know what will be useful in 8th, but thats a white lie. The following units will be useful in 8th in IG no matter what:

>Infantry Squads
You'll need them. If you don't want them directly you'll want them so you can get conscripts, which ALSO use these models. In fact, nearly everything in the troops slots use these models so you can never, EVER go wrong buying infantry.

>Chimeras
If you need infantry you'll need a way to protect the infantry and get them to objectives. Even if the Chimera turns out useless you can grab an autocannon turret from forgeworld and call it a counts-as tourox.

>Leman Russ
We got 7 different variants. One of them is bound to be worthwhile, most likely half or more.

If all three of these units suck in 8th, its the whole army down the drain. So you can invest in those three units safe in the knowledge that at least 2 of them WILL be competitive unless GW demotes us to Ork tier.

>My IG are kitbashess of Pistolier heads, Great Swordsmen torsos, and Cadian arm annd pants
Makes me really hope that rough riders are good next ed.

I really want to do ktibashes/modeling for them.

The Starship Trooper Mobile Infantry are probably closer to Crisis Suits than even Space Marines in term of bulk and look.

>Don't know if the fixed-weapon transport shooting is a nerf or not for you guys.
That was a fake rumour anyway.

>game on Saturday
>first game in 2 months
>swore to finish my stuff early enough to not be stressed out by having to paint so much
>end up not finishing 5 Skitarii and only doing the lower half of my Kastelan legs to at least be able to glue them to their bases

I feel fucking terrible for being such a lazy fucking bastard.

nah. i'll stick with guards

do you know if a new codex/models are planed for the new edition ?
if so that sucks cause i'll have to wait...

yea the autocanon looks nice, thanks.
laz is a lasercanon and ML a missleluncher, correct?

what do you think about a lasercanon or missleluncher in a veterans unit with bs4 ?

I'm hoping sentinels are good next ed. i really love the models.

pls help

Weren't they the first to do the concept of power armour?

I've seen some nice conversions using Bikes. They're not my favorite units because, well, Cavalry just don't make since unless we're talking transportation. But I can see there coolness factor.

Who cares why, it's right.

Just play newcromunda until 8th drops.

One night I had sever autism and crunched all the numbers
No matter the BS, for its points autocannons are best against anything AV11-13, with multilasers doing best against AV10 and lascanons doing best against AV14

Pretty sure the greek god heaphastus or what fucking ever had that one with divine magitech armour.

I think power armor is as old as scifi.

The best, or the best weighted for points?

>laz is a lasercanon and ML a missleluncher, correct?
>what do you think about a lazercanon or missleluncher in a veterans unit with bs4 ?
unless you plan on blob guarding, vets do better with a melta rush with a chimera.
you could bull it off but you can only have one heavy weapons team per vet blob and that results in a lot of wasted shooting.
then again you could "dick in a box" by shoving weapon in a chimeria but we don't know if it will have a top hatch in the new edition.
the general wisdom is to run them like cheap stormtroopers

>galactic rift

I read that as "geek god"

Anyway, don't remember that myth, but SST one of the earlier modern era stories that took the concept and applied it to a military force.
In terms of function, they are closer to Crisis suits. Jetting around with flamers and explosive launchers, and not hitting things with swords. Size-wize they would be in between, but Marines don't do all the fancy stuff MI suits can.

4 shots of autocannons outdo everything they can hurt compared to one lascannon shot, since thats the same number of points, id have to get my chart out to see them unweighted

What?

The tournament I'm in long running buy and build army month by month, local store incentive to bring in new players and get money but any plastic/not made to order models you buy for the tournament are at a 10% discount which is the best he can afford to give awards bonus points if you finish painting by the time the next month rolls around, I cam so close to getting full points on the first month despite having more models that literally everyone but because I procrastinated more than one time I could have been painting and spent ages getting everything perfect, including insuring my daemonettes and their steeds have nipples, I missed out by an hour. I had literally 3 Seekers to put the final wash on then I could do their eyes and I'd have been done, it was almost physically painful.

Yeah, our tournament also rewards points for paintjob and the only reason I didn't get a full score there was because I didn't finish 5 of my bases in time. Told myself that I'd get maximum paintjob points this time around but no way in hell am I going to finish this in time.

Good work fucking that up.

>my tourney also hands out "hobby points"
>entire guard tank army is done
>finish final model a couple weeks after last months tourney ends
>start playing blob guard
>add an extra 100 guardsmen to paint

First month was hardest on everyone, it's just that my army is so cheap points wise I had the most units. I'll get max paint job points in the second month since at an increase of 100 points per list I have legit just added a new squad of 10 daemonettes (and gave my Herald a new toy) to paint for the second month.
I still got partial finished points for the paint job and won 2/3 of my first months matches. To be fair I had literally twice the number of units of some people and the Exalted Seeker Chariot is an insane unit at 400 points. Only game I lost my Warp Storm table killed my Herald turn one and kept ripping my units off the board with the Khorne result.

Don't feel bad. If you want to get better, post pics and get critique, but if you just want to post your guys for the sake of posting your guys, you can do that too.

If you're too shy, post pictures of them during a game. Gameplay pictures always make everything look nicer because they are farther away and there's terrain and it's neat to see everything all set up.

>since thats the same number of points
You have to add the points of what's carrying it into the mix too, since you're not capable of fielding just them.

that doesn't make any since though for guard
the heavy weapons team costs the same base no matter what weapon it has, same for everything else
a space marine holding a melta gun doesn't cost any extra than what the gun it worth

tanks for the helpfull recommendations.

will give my local GW a visit in the next days and see if i can get one of the starter boxes and maybe some aditional infantry.

yea the leman russ looks realy nice. is the one with the gatling gun any good for a small army? could imagine he shreds infantry pretty well with the 20 attacks (hope i got that right).

It makes me sad to realize how many people only know starship troopers for that shit movie.

Gatling gun is okay, and becomes godly when you put a special character called knight commander Pask in it

Leman russes are very easy to build so that you can swap the guns out, if you're really feeling fancy look up how to magnetize things

The Leman Russ Punisher kinda-sorta wrecks...everything. If it doesn't change in 8th, it's likely to be even better! There was a reason putting Pask in the punisher was called the "Cheese Grater" by my FLGS.

The reason was he gave it rending. Spoiler: Everything has the Rending Effect in 8E. So now it should be just as good if better than the old version because you don't even need the 70 point Pask on it.

Will Kroot or Vespid be at least decent with the new stuff coming out? Im hoping Broadsides for getting fixed, but theyll probably just buff the big suits, eh?

Do my guard look better on 32mm or no?

>I hate fun and fuck you for liking things

nay

okay who was it?
which one of you niggers upbid that squad of 12 metal catachans on eBay?
it was at $10s then in the last 5 seconds someone bid it up to 17 and i lost it
there were two melta guns in that squad and i was seriously in need of those
just tell me who it was and we will settle this like men with our knives

Fuck you, if you're gonna bring some retarded homebrew you need to tell me before hand

Eehh... maybe when the bases are painted?

Fuck reposting Cuz I forgot a weapon team counts as 2 guys so I can only bring 7 lasgunners
Ok guys I got a question for you
Let's say I played a game with you, I wiped out this squad along side my list and said "this is my Veteran guardsmen squad. The seargant has a bolter and the squat is a lascannon heavy weapons team. Squats used to be t4 so I figured 2 wounds at t3 is accurate to represent this, as I also love this model. They'll ride in a chimera. They got flak armor and blah blah blah..."
Would you be fine with that? How about in a tourney?
Isn't this more of a counts as than a home brew?

If you're comparing two autocannons to a single lascannon, you're also paying for twice as many heavy teams.

Watch the red letter media review of starship troopers, it's actually a pretty damn good movie - but I understand the sentiment.

>ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-40k-Dark-Eldar-Incubi-Models-Games-Workshop-/322499934786

>That bidding war
>paying more than MSRP
>THAT FUCKING FLASH

I want plastic models, please.

my friend rebased his entire guard army on 32mm for armies on parade
they look a bit awkward on the larger bases but it gives you a lot more freedom to do some fun basing and also they fall over A LOT less
guardsmen are supposed to be on 25mm though so it kinda depends on how much autism your gaming group has since it messes with rules a bit

only issue is heavy weapons team is supposed to be 60mm which is kinda a huge difference

see what said

Present and not nearly as good as you think I am.

>Does this count as a painted horde g-guys?

I can see how some people would think of that as "modelling for advantage".
Not all of them, following "the base they come with" -rule, a lot of metal Imperial Guard have heavy weapons that come on 25mm bases but they also always have two models.

yeah that okay, as long as you aren't using it for massive rulesfaggotry