/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-april-2017/
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/mayday-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
Why don't you just fucking kill yourselves?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!yMtBnSAC!-K5Val2vP6kD2x0yAjsfRk0234814CQlgrUSNRm3N_c
vampirerpg.free.fr/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Which of the splats wins in an all female body building contest.

>Why don't you just fucking kill yourselves?
Its a lot more work than I feel like doing.

No its not, thats Ascension magic. Awakening magic is a precise metaphysical system with its own unbreakable internal rules, and thus there is no reason to assume it takes priority over the explicit rules of Exalted's reality.

Promethean, they could be made as the superior muscle waifu.

I still say Doctor Who with a shotgun would beat a Solar Exalted.

No one is saying the Solar would WIN, the Archmage is vastly more powerful. What we're saying is that Supernal Magic can't break through Perfect Defenses, no matter how pedantic the Mage in question happens to be or how indirect he tries to "attack" the Solar.

He could teleport the Solar a billion miles away, or lock him underground, or do any number of things to "defeat" him, but he can't just wave his hands and kill him like he can with Luna, Caine, and every other being we've pitted him against before now.

PD is "Your powers don't work on me" the power, based not in the setting's physics, but as a narrative law.

Okay, no, stop. I had my fun giving magefags seizures in the last thread but this is a fresh start.

Are the Exalted idiots gone?

I don't think they like the fact that the Supernal explicitly fucks with the things Solars specialize at.

But that banks on the risky gambit that disquiet works in their favor by making everyone enthralled with them. That or them using that one power I forget the name of.

>What we're saying is that Supernal Magic can't break through Perfect Defenses

Except it can. But it requires alterations to the Supernal. Otherwise it can't.

fag

Yeah, what said. We don't need to carry this debate on, we already knew it was retarded and pointless.

So. C20. Does anybody else feel like this is actually a really decent game now?

Rolled 2 (1d2)

Okay we'll flip a coin. 1 is Archmages, 2 is Solars.

Okay go.

>We don't need to carry this debate on, we already knew it was retarded and pointless.
From what I've read, Mage players have a more reasonable argument than the Exalted players.

Perfect defenses don't matter in the face of perfect alterations.

what about perfect defenses vs alterations?

Hmm, true, If we going with Old World too, then i would say Tzimisce, she could change from moderate buffness to hyper easily. Not to mention the alien aspect could be sexy, in a scary kind of way.

Normal alterations won't work on the Solar's perfect defenses.
You really need Archmastery and the ability to seal Omens to affect it.

Let's see
Vampires: A daeva would have a pretty decent edge as long as she can keep the blush of life up, they're made to be alluring after all. Have all the natural dangerous femme fatal charm.
Werewolf: Built hunters, they all probably get pretty natural bodies just by doing what they do, but it might take some work to get them more for show then for use. They have a more primal feel to them, anamalistic in a way.
Mages: Not sure. I know they can use magic to increase physical attributes but I don't know about body shaping off the top of my head. They'd have a nice niche though, they could play into the shy nerd who isn't sure her muscles can match up with the others for good moe factor
Promethian: Can literally be built for aesthetic appeal. Disquiet is the game changer here, as it can either totally ruin them or work naturally in their favor. They give off a nice stoic loner vibe
Changelings: They have the bonus of versatility. Could be beast with primal features, an ogre whos seven feet tall and shredded, or a fairest sculpted from marble.
Giests: Probably the weakest entry. Not alot going for them
Mummies: I honestly haven't read enough. They could give off the whole regal ancient royalty thing.
Demons: Don't have any special advantages I can think of besides making a deal with a body builder.
Beasts: Might get points for the bad girl factor, plus being literal giants at times. Spooky.
Hunters: Pure human muscle, no additives.
In any case, I know what my first crossover is going to be about.

Goddamnit.

Okay, the thing is...that's basically true, but the problem is that Exalted, at least Exalted 2e, is inherently unreasonable. Exaltedfags like myself resort to things like "lol it just works" and "lol there's always an escape clause" and "lol defense beats offense" because that's what we got in the book. Same with the whole "try to alter anything about me, it counts as an attack" thing. That's the disconnect here. We didn't get a highly detailed metaphysical explanation of seals and signs and practices like you find in Mage. So it's just not going to come off as smoothly explained as Mage powers are.

Now, can we kill this debate and go back to arguing about how to kill Caine? Or which splat is best for making 2hu waifus?

No. Instead lets talk about how to make convincing Shinigami in Geist.

Sure, why not.

C20 is Changeling right? I never had much fun with them, but then the ST had this headcanon that all Changelings had to be wounded perpetual victims on the verge of being triggered 24/7, it nearly gave him a stroke when I goaded a True Fae into trying to attack then dropped dozens of cold iron spears literally the size of telephone poles on them. In his eyes victims had to stay traumatized wrecks.

I was going to say thats stupid but....
You know, shinigamis get alot of their power from their sword, who's given an actual person and personality. You could in theory represent the banki/whatever the weaker one is called, as a really amped up caul with unique affects for each person.

If I made a CofD update to the Highlander fansplat, would anyone be interested?

It is, but you're describing the CofD version of Changeling. C20 is oChangeling, which is less about "you were taken away" and more "you're a fae in mortal guise living in a world that's slowly losing its creative spark".

Actually yeah, that could work.
Represent the inherent powers shnigami have as new inherent powers
All those attack spells and defense spells could come from rage/shroud/curse/some boneyard
And then unique caul affects.

Ooooh, I like that. I love the idea of gods living among mortals, trying to get their way without being exposed. Not because it puts them in danger, but because mortals are a fucking hassle.

C20 is owod changeling the dreaming. Sounds like you were playing changeling the lost with a fag St who doesn't know the game and probs has unhealthy views towards 'victims' in general. The summer court is literally about fighting for your freedom.

Changelings in this setting aren't quite THAT powerful. Indeed being exposed to the most banal people and parts of the mundane world is literally toxic to them.

Technically Prometheans, they literally build bodies. But I'd have to say werewolves, all the added muscle mass when they shapeshift would be hard to beat. Remember shapeshifting says muscle mass, not fat. Their definition would be fucking nuts.

Beyond that, they even share the same job description. They deal with ghosts. That kind of gets put in the backseat once the whole "Fighting Aizen" thing becomes the main focus but originally Shinigami's main business was putting the dead to rest, by force if necessary.

>Touching anything kubo made with a ten foot poll
neck yourself

Weebs ruin everything

Go back to Japan

Can't, Kuei-Jin will eat me.

>aren't quite THAT powerful
Close enough for me, C20 might match Unfleshed in terms of favorite splats. MIGHT. Because robot people are fucking awesome. Deviant might topple both though, depending on how well it lets me emulate Venom.

He's literally autistic, diagnosed Asperger's. He's a great player because he always accepts the game world you present to him, but when he ST's he is rigid when it comes to canon.

>Implying WoD isn't at least half weeb
食べ物

I don't actually hate weeaboos, even though it's fun to pick on them.

What I do hate it applying anime to WoD. I fucking despise that.

I totally would.

Speaking of that, anyone mind posting it?

>Perfect defenses don't matter in the face of perfect alterations.

Long time Exalted and WoD player here. To get around a Solar you'd literally need to ignore everything about their rules and their setting. At which point you venture into "I win because I say I win" territory and render moot any comparisons.

Per the 2E errata, Perfect Defenses that explicitely ignore inapplicability outright ignore anything that would ever attempt to get around them. Which Solar Perfects do.

Exalted has attacks that try to alter what you can do, Perfects still work on them. Not to mention Solars specifically, have Charms that perfectly prevent anything altering them in mind, body, spirit, etc.

tl;dr Mage loses.

I bet you're a tsundere magefaggot itching for the wereknot.

baka~

Well, the backer PDF is here:

>mega.nz/#!yMtBnSAC!-K5Val2vP6kD2x0yAjsfRk0234814CQlgrUSNRm3N_c

Check it out and see if it's what you think you'd like.

>I hate weebshit!
>Laughing Akashics.gif

I've found autisms are usually wrong about the settings they autism about. It's more of a head cannon of their impression they are autists about.

There's nothing to apply, anime is right there.
Celerity movement is literally flash stepping.

No. Stop. Do not. Disallowed. We finished that debate. It's done. Cease.

Here's the original, the rules just need a little updating.

vampirerpg.free.fr/ Rules/ Highlander/title.html

Thanks man

"Magical Japanese Ghostbusters" was a great premise and what little we got of it was executed well. That series is one of my biggest disappointments because that entire aspect was thrown out the fucking window.

>Long time Exalted and WoD player here
That means you're not

The Archmage is going to beat the highest theoretical Solar, this is rather obvious. The argument was whether or not the wizard could effectively dismantle the perfect defense with perfect meta.
It became unanswerable. The Archmage wins 1v1, but the defense/meta debate is strange based on how both mechanics work.

You also need to drop it.

Like seriously, look
>Moving in this way is sudden, jarring, the vampire appears to shift from point to point without crossing the space in-between.

Fucking Christ, stop.

Hell the book even goes on to describe that you can make surprise attacks with it. *teleports behind you* is doable straight from chargen.

There was a magefag over at the OPP forums that made an "anime discussion" Rote, for when you want to have lengthy talks during combat.

It was pretty funny.

The highest theoretical Solar has Siddie MA charms and can choose to win. No explanation, he just wins.

IMPORTANT QUESTION THIS MADE ME THINK OF
IS THERE A SPIRIT OF WAIFUS?

>Vampires can literally engage in zwee fighting

Nice.

Why does every anime with that kind of premise just degenerate into shonen? Yu Yu Hakusho did the same thing, the first few episodes were fantastic but I never even bothered to watch the rest, in part due to dropping the core premise for DBZisms.

I just want to be dead/talk to dead people/fight dead people. Is that so much to ask?

That's not going to be effective. It just won't.
Metaphysics don't apply to beings who can rewrite it on a whim.

Just drop it. Jesus.

>777 witnessed

Probably because both bleach and yu yu were in shonen jump you know a shonen magazine.

Rewriting metaphysics doesn't apply when the Solar acts first. Why? Because they have a power to let them retroactively go first. They are the Kanye West to the Mage's Taylor Swift.

Funnily enough, mages will usually expect you to attack first.

That's how they win.

Both of you. Or perhaps one of you. Stahp.

Oh hey, speaking of weeb.
I've been thinking of converting some standard Japanese yokai into horrors using the core rules and hunter. What are some good ones to try it out on, and is there anywhere I can go to get a good list of them?

Oh boy. Mages and their contingencies. Ain't no way around it.

>Magefags encountering a game that works on the same "nuh uh I have an everything-proof shield" bullshit as their own game

This is great

All of them.

Seriously, just Google up stuff about yokai and go to town. Japanese folk monsters are the best goddamn folk monsters.

Can we just stop the solar vs archmage debate? This is a World of Darkness general.

In some areas, sure.

I forget what it's called, but there's this one that I always liked. It's some kind of weird wolf thing that stalks people in the woods at night. It can't just attack though, it only attacks if the person trips over something in the dark. BUT, if you trip you can act like you did it on purpose and were just laying down to rest, and then it won't attack.

Nah. I do enjoy seeing Exalted fans getting their blood pressure flowin'

I was actually on their side until they decided to "nuh uhh" everything.

This. If you guys want to continue autistically screeching at each other, make your own thread.

Let's get back to the real discussion, like could a Demon kill an Archmage?

>Could a Demon kill an Archmage
It could possibly kill a Master, but not an Archmage.

Depends on too many factors, but I'll say that it is possible under certain circumstances for it to happen.

Not funny. It's a little funny.

Exalted book's fault, that. Just stop discussing it.

No but there are several waifu Goetia in the Astral Realms.

Demons, Mummies and Mages are the three strongest playables by design.

Archmages are above all three.
Not sure if any other gameline will ever receive the god-tier treatment though. Probably not.

Isn't there one thats literally just a wall. Like a big wall shaped thing of flesh?

If the God-Machine wanted to kill an Archmage, what kind of Angel could it create to do it?

Exalted was at fault, yes. I was speaking more so of the fact that the Supernal by definition of its function and override the "nuh uhh" abilities of the Exalts.

A powerful angel? It would probably need to make a whole bunch though.

It takes a lot of infrastructure to produce an angel, while the Exarchs are capable of spawning an infinite amount of Ochemata.

As a fellow magefag, you need to stop.

Good thing you can just go into the Astral Realms and literally kill the idea of Waifus if you really feel like it.

The GM doesn't have to only use Angels. In such a situation the GM might have to use alternatives. Depending on canon it might be the creation of Exarchs or have allies among them.

>Not to mention Solars specifically, have Charms that perfectly prevent anything altering them in mind, body, spirit, etc.
If you need to alter a Solar to win, you are a shitty Archmage.
Here is a short list of stuff you can do instead:
>Give him acute radiation poisoning
>Nuke him
>Connect the space around him to a hostile environment (the sun, outer space)
>Send a bunch of powerful spirits/ghosts after him

>inb4 muh perfect defense
That is a mote-intensive charm,and the Solar can only do it so many times. Chill out in your Golden Road and use Sympathetic Magic to chip away at him.

>As a fellow magefag

You're no magefag. Magefags don't concede. They shit out more shit.

This isn't a concession, this is a "can we please get back to solely discussing WoD/CofD shit already"?

I mean they do mention Archangels which are on the level of Lunes, maybe an Idigam.

My friend, there exists a Goetia for every single Waifu held by more than one Individual. That is by DEFINITION. So long as two or more people hold belief in a Waifu, they shall have a relam in the Astral.

There are likely entire REALMS of the Astral entirely taken up by the worship of the most popular Waifus, with those with smaller followings taking up the outerlying border areas.

With the strange and niche Waifus fighting for scraps at the edges of that grand realm.

Even should a Waifu be forgotten by mankind, their realm does not die, stead it is merely cut off, but a Mage with Time 2 might once again find it.

The flesh will wither and die.
But Waifus?
Waifus are eternal.

You're not worthy of the title of 'magefag'

You have shamed the Seer Imperium.

Why can't you guys be more like /pfg/. They get by on their massive imbalance just fine, plus there's at least ten times the lewd posting over there.

If you don't shit on at least one vampfag a day, you're not a true magefag.

Because vampfags are too triggered by the fact they aren't top dog

Except now it's Exalted faggots.

>plus there's at least ten times the lewd posting over there.
Which is why pathfinder general is shit.

See this is exactly the shit I'm talking about. You're never going to get thread run lewd games full of e puss acting like this.

>"I use seven dots to remove your per--"
>"REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"