sgiz.mobi/s3/7e74b19937c1

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously on /5eg/
What's the most memorable Paladin you've played with?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X1WSH0VzoaM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anyone have the Curse of Strahd maps as separate image files/not a PDF so I can use with r20?

>What's the most memorable Paladin you've played with?
The one that threw a coffin with a necromancers skeleton in it at him then used a earth elemental to break through some walls judge dredd style after a black dragon showed up

Have your players' eyes yet open, /5eg/?

if you have pdf, just snapshot the maps

Yes, no........... Maybe?

I'm not running a Far Realm Incursion campaign, user.

The maps are too big unless I zoom out.

my eyes are always open, they've always been, even before i was born.

My good folks, have 2, potentially 3 people (Rogue and Paladin with chance of Bard) got any chance at completing Strahd without DM fiat? Will it be enjoyable even?

Maybe if they are revenants.
Otherwise, give them nore points at character creation and/or use hero points.

probably not unless you play strahd as brainless bag of meat.

Guess you'll have to zoom out bitchboi

just stitch them together in paint or whatever photo editing software you may have.

Open it in Adobe Reader and right click -> Save Image As.

Ah that's regrettable.
I wish I had more friends interested in ttrpg

How would one make a Witcher PC?
I was thinking going Eldritch Knight, great weapon fighting and the faction agent background, any thoughts?

I know not to play ttrpgs like a vidya gaem, just liked the character concept

Sounds solid, definitely try and work with your DM on letting you make potions and such.

>great weapon fighting

Now is this going to be a witcher or is it going to be MrOptimised #76893 with vaguely witchery characteristics.

What interesting or funny character builds am I missing out on by not keeping tabs on 5E? For example, even all these years later, I still sometimes giggle about bardadin being a mechanically sound build in 3.5.

(I don't pay attention to 5E because it's wrong for my group, that doesn't mean I think it's shit or something.)

The strangest for me is definitely paladin/warlock. Very mechanically sound and powerful, but I cannot for the life of me imagine how to RP such a character, or how I would justify the multiclassing to my DM.

Raven Queen paladin and warlock, raised in one of the churches eventually decided to make a slightly more binding deal to better serve.

Cheers man, I'll have a chat with him, see if I can swap out a skill proficiency for one in alchemist's tools or something
GWF was cos Witchers use 2 swords one at a time, usually with both hands when they swing, thought that made sense
As for the spells, I was thinking Shield for Quen, fire bolt/burning hands for Igni, maybe thunderwave or booming blade for Aard?

instead of "Selling your soul," you have sworn an oath to your patron. the oath may or may not involve your soul

Scratch that, booming blade actually best fits Yrden mechanically

Depending if you want to stick closest to the character concept then burning hands, fire bolt for more practical reasons, Thunderwave for Aard all the way.

Crawford has said that Volley and Whirlwind that the Hunter get are both 1 Attack with multiple Attack rolls. Does that mean an Invisible Hunter would get Advantage on all the Attacks?

Does it mean my Duergar Hunter might be as awesome as I think?

A war forged forge cleric who continually tries to improve themselves with their channel divinity. They believe in the forge domain relevant gods, and want to meet their maker to figure out if they have a soul, or if they are just a machine.

Y/n? Pretty sure I want to run this for my next campaign.

Depends on the DM at this point since they haven't given any ruling on that

Sorry mate, not sold. Maybe I just hold too traditionalistic (previous edition-esque, despite not having played them) views on warlocks and paladins.

Got it, can get all the signs at level 3
>Aard - Thunderwave
>Axii - Friends
>Igni - Burning hands
>Yrden - Booming blade
>Quen - Shield

Sound good?
I may swap out friends for fire bolt for Igni, and have chromactic orb just for damage/range coverage

Yes, you get advantage on each roll.

This is a good way to give the rest of the players at the table and opportunity for a bathroom break.

I roll a sorcerer with decent dexterity, but I find it really weird when I need to use melee weapons, which tend to be daggers. I know there's no finesse bludgeon weapons in the book, but what would be an example of a homebrew one?

>spoiler
Nah dude, commit to that shit. The list you have now is good.

Can I use TWF with haste attack action?

Trying to find a way to make TWF with the new blade bard.

Yes you can, that is the only way to make the TWF Blades Bard work well.

You could always make an NPC ally healer (cleric) or tank (barbarian, some kind of fighter that can protect the rogue.

Though I'm sure they could do it if you scale the encounters and let them be more powerful than usual. More points if point buy or a flexible rolling variant (as in you roll until you have decent stats), definitely more HP and a bonus feat at level 1.

Alright man, if we come up against ranged enemies I'll just throw my swords at them, can summon them back with a bonus action anyway
But that doesn't sound very Witcher-y
Maybe bombs are the answer...

What level do Rangers get the bonus action hide? I'm feeling like a Wood Elf Ranger with Elven Accuracy and Volley could have a round longer then a Wizard.

Go balls deep in this or not at all just like said.

Sounds like a good concept to me. Would they give in to despair or have it harden their resolve if they found out their maker made them as a simple tool? How would that work with the rest of the party?

Ah yes, of course they do. My apprehension was more in line with the fact that a witcher would probably use a longsword, want to have one hand at least potentially free for casting at all times, and that their fighting style is more agility than strength based (pirouttes and the like).

Definitely burning hands to be more true to the nature of Igni yeah.

I've just realised than I don't actually know the difference between Heliotrope and Quen. The description in the books is really quite similar, and I forgot how they were used in the games.

Also don't forget to get something like suggestion for Axii and sleep for Somne

Get a hand crossbow just like a Witcher, come on man

Mine was a paladin who worshipped a sun that appeared to him in his dreams which was actually a giant sun-like Old One.

Depends on the school, each one has different methods and training.

How would one go about granting a sort of long-charge nuke for Barbarian? That is, something close to Smiting but damage is relative to the number of rounds you've been Raging.

Most combats don't last very long, but I'd have to wonder how broken something like that could be?

>swap out a skill proficiency for one in alchemist's tools or something
You know you can customize your background, right? If you have Faction Agent, it gives you two extra languages. You can should swap one of those for a toll proficiency.

I'm stealing this for my next character with your permission.

Quen would definitely be shield

With how much damage a barbarian can do on its own very. Easiest way, give them a weapon that has it built in x per day and recharge at dawn.

I am the stupid, thank you user
Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to talk the DM into making longswords finesse weapons for me despite them being literally reskinned rapiers so it'll hvae to be a strength build
Quen and Heliotrope are really similar... I have no idea how to differentiate the two, I guess shield would work for both? Suggestion could work for Axii, and sleep would definitely work for Somne, thanks!
I'll probably do that then! We have enough casters in the party to be honest, I'm sure one of them will have comprehend languages...
Of course man!

They don't.

What does magic armor account as? Light, medium or heavy?

Whatever armor it actually is.

it doesn't count as those, or unarmed.
it's magic.

You're not from the wolf school then, could easily be from the bear school. I remember each one in armor and lore in the games and such were different types, bear was heavy, wolf was medium and snake was light. If I'm remembering correctly.

I'm thinking of making a Barbarian 1/Monk X. I'd take the Barbarian levels for the DEX+CON AC, the resistance to damage and the Advantage on Strength Checks while Raging. For Monk I'd probably go for Drunken Master for the speed boost and ignoring oppertunity attacks.

Basic idea is a Monk using all those attacks per round for grappling, prones and bonus action dash to sprint up walls to drop people. While also being able to just punch people of course. Only issue is I'll have a low Wisdom so stunning strike basically won't be helpful at all.

Level 14.

would it break anything to give a class/race combo that only gets simple weapons, shortsword proficiency?

As long as it's a small damage die it could be done. Like you can drop a number of d6s/d4s equal to how many rounds you've been raging, up to 10. Then your rage ends.

I'm assuming you're talking about an enchanted suit of armor, in which case it's the same type as that armor would be if it weren't magical. Plate Armor+1 is still Plate Armor with all inherent requirements.

Maybe nunchaku?

Hey guys I'm like 3 sessions into my first rogue and I don't know if this is a problem or just life now.
Basically every time I go into a room I check for traps on the walls, in the floors, and every door I go through.
It just seems a little tedious. Like am I doing it wrong or is there a better way to go about it?

Like I said I've never played rogue before and the last PC I played was circle of the moon druid
>pic related

Bear would definitely work, focusing more on heavy swings and tanking damage, would work for a low dex high con build, But I think I remember reading somewhere about Bears respecting free will to much to learn Axii, may have been mistaken though...

And, I'm playing V.Human, could take magic initiate as a feat for some extra cantrips right off the bat and have a one-shot first level spell
Yes, the DM is making us start at level 1
And in the games at least, Bear was heavy, Wolf was medium and Cat was light,
Viper didn't have a dedicated set outside of dlc, which was medium I believe, but the books may well be different

Just get a saving throw cantrip or Shocking Grasp. Both are going to be waaaay better then a melee weapon on you.

I think that one happened in 4E too. Apparently the laws of D&D mechanics say that paladin/warlock must be a thing.

Works even better because then you got a free slot for something.

>or is there a better way to go about it?
get a spellcaster to use detect traps :^)

Does anybody use Roll20?

If so, how hard is the system to learn?

reposting cause i posted in old thread

does anyone.. ANYONE use non-meta spells? and I'm talking stuff like Augury and whatnot. I mean, I could count the amount the amount of times I seen spellcasters with something other than fireball/lightningbolt/magic-missile/mage armor a number of times i can count on one hand.

I'd like to use some of those other spells, but they all feel so damn situational. I'd love to use arcane lock, feign death, magic circle, the majority of illusion spells, and so forth.

Why does almost everyone on roll20 insist on starting at level 1? It is jarring when your characters are supposed to be experienced adventurers and yet, mechanically, they are completely fresh-faced idiots without access to basic class features. It's like everyone plans assuming they'll have a group for months/years (which would be unlikely even if they weren't recruiting randoms on roll20) and as such can afford to spend the first couple of weeks trying to get to level 3 so they can finally fucking do something interesting in combat.

I have a question, I'm new to DMing and moving through a dungeon, Is it better to have them move in turns with movement, or just let them move together in a group and move where ever they want?

One of my players build a wizard entirely based around illusion and crowd control.

Roll20 is massively popular and where the bulk of online activity in the hobby is concentrated.

The system is pretty easy to learn. Read the Basic Rules and you'll be good for a while.

Illusions are the best. They can solve a lot of problems if you know where to put your suspicious new boxes.
youtube.com/watch?v=X1WSH0VzoaM

do you mean mage armor the spell or magical armor the gear.
there's a difference.

Keep them in a group. Ask for a marching order and who walks through the doors first.

Anyone got the image of a really charming, rustic-looking elf knight flirting with some villager?

Also, for a half-elf paladin, oath of the ancients;
Str 16
Dex 10
Con 12
Int 8
Wis 13
Cha 16
Level 3, 25 HP, Duelist style for +2 one-handed damage, sword and board+splint mail for 19 AC?

Can you please give me an example how you do it? Cause I really need to figure this out, I want to get better.

Sounds good.

That's it, that's perfect, thank you.

Mage armor

The spell doesn't create physical armour of any kind, simply affords the caster more protection

Describe the situation
Hear the responses/actions
Resolve their actions
Describe the new situation

Wait for the players to come to some sort of consensus, or for one of them to say "Screw it, I am going in!"

Keep your descriptions to where the action is happening.

Be sure to bring joy to all the village ladies, if you know what I mean.

>Foendal, that human is 100 years younger than you!

Hey, refer to the Harkness test.

It only matters if she's sexually mature for her race!

no, another player is rolling up his childhood sweetheart

You can't blame the Elven Knights for being sexy beasts.

Better be a plot line that involves cheating.

Okay I got a couple ideas. Anyone want to add to this list?

Devotion/Archfey - White Knight of the Seelie Fey
Devotion/Fiend - The Noble Demon
Devotion/Great Old One - ???

The Ancients/Archfey - Green Knight of the Fey (Seelie or Unseelie)
The Ancients/Fiend - Green Knight of the Unseelie Fey
The Ancients/Great Old One - Green Knight of the Really Weird Fey

Vengeance/Archfey - Grey Knight who comes to collect on the better Feys' debts
Vengeance/Fiend - Grey Knight who makes compromises with Evil to fight the Greater Evil
Vengeance/Great Old One - Bloodborne

Thank you, I'm writing that down and putting it on my screen.

If you wouldn't mind helping me with one more thing.

In this situation, they stumbled into a guards barrack without really sneaking or being alert, or so they didn't tell me. So I say before they enter the barracks, to make a stealth check. Should I have warned them ahead of time or was I being fair?

Lots and lots of fey so a solid _ _ _ probably not _ _

I decided to buff dragonborn as a race. Besides making their Breath Weapon increase by 2d6 instead of one, I'm giving them this, inspired by the racial feat:

>Frightening Roar. As an action, you can force each creature of your choice within 10 feet to make a Wisdom saving throw. A target automatically succeeds if it can’t hear or see you. On a failed save, a target becomes frightened for 1 minute, as long as you maintain concentration. If the frightened target takes any damage or ends its turn without line of sight to you, it can repeat the saving throw, ending the effect on itself on a success.

How is it? The only thing I'm not 100% sure is it requiring concentration.

Is there any groups on /dndg/ that are currently playing? I'd be interested in joining and trying it out. But my schedule is usually late night.

Can you use Lethal Strike with Bestial Claws?
Or Knock Back/Brute Strike for that matter.

Soul Knives and Hone the Blade doesn't seem like nearly enough damage to make it worth sacrificing two disciplines, have anyone had any success with one?

This could work out really well or really bad, please tell me it's not going to be two guys awkwardly making passes at each other until the tension gets to be too much and you guys give each other brojobs in a dark alley saying no homo the whole time.

So are Dwarven Samurai as cool as it sounds? I'd obviously pick up their feat for gaining HP on a dodge.

That'd be in the domain of the Game Finder thread

When playing with people from Veeky Forums use at least one different account with a fake name so you can just delete everything if needed. Not because you'll get hacked or some shit, but because a lot of the people who publicly admit to using Veeky Forums are annoying egocentrists and feed on internet drama

You get more as you level up, Soul Knives are probably the best balanced Mystic while still being good.

The only one you need for your damage straight up on a Soul Knife would be Brute Force I say, then the rest of your picks are whatever you want. Psionic Weapon's Focus isn't any good on you so it's definitely not going to be your first pick.

>He thinks you can't cheat with fey

You may want to get what all you two are doing in writing before hand and be prepared for some crazy stalkers perhaps.

What were you thinking for armour? Chain mail or leather?