Gideon

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. why do they keep making this fucking fucker. at least the 0 is a step in the right direction. Just fucking kill him off already.

I was all excited to learn about the new cards I have fallen behind on fuck.

>at least the 0 is a step in the right direction.
5/10 bait.
Almost had me, but this line gave you away. Better luck next time.

Yeah that came out wrong. I mean I am glad they brought it back to a 0 instead of the +1 it was last time.

Welp I just started to look at the new cards. Started with blue and I sure as fuck cannot stay mad.

I doubt it will be very good but it looks fun as fuck. As I read it I was a little worried they were gonna say it had to be exact cost but its exact cost or lower.

Just cast all the suspend cards for free on T3.

Fuck human planeswalkers. We need more creature planeswalkers.

Anyway, aren't the fucking players supposed to be the planeswalkers basically? We're the wizard controlling all this magical fucks and casting spells, at least that's what I got out of it.

So what is the short version of the story this time around. I don't so much care about what the jacetice league is there for as what the main idea of the plane is.

>all
One.
>Once each turn

Of course this means you can cast them on your opponent's turns too, if they're instants.

Oh shit your right I never considered you would get it once on your turn and once on another.

Is it good enough tho?
Won one of these and i don't know if i should trade it for HoK or wait

Oh my fucking dick.

>Anyway, aren't the fucking players supposed to be the planeswalkers basically? We're the wizard controlling all this magical fucks and casting spells, at least that's what I got out of it.
Yes. Planeswalker spells are basically meant to be you drawing on an ally an asking for a spell or two sent your way. This is why their currency is "loyalty". If you're asking for a simple task, they approve. If you're asking for some heavy lifting, they need to trust you a lot. And if you're letting craw wurms eat their face, they say fuck this and leave.

This seems kind of shit. other cards exist that do this exact job far better.

You'd have to give them Flash somehow, as the only nil Mana cost instant is Evermind.

Oh baby wont you light my fire

This is the first time I've really looked at this card and I've just realized how awful its art is.

Deadpool_sniffing guns.jpg

Unless I am misunderstanding this things in the initial attack do not get to attack in the second but it is still an amazing card.

So from what little I have been able to gather so far this is somebody getting rewarded with death. I really feel this should have flavor text.

Nice last ditch chance card. I could see somebody using it to shut down the archenemy from deploying a devastating attack. I would honestly not be surprised if they had that in mind when they made the card

Oh boy

Interesting manticore design

What about the other creatures he attacked alongside?

Please wizards may I please cum.

You know what I don't even fucking care that it looks bad. it is nice to see some variety of artstyle for once.

Oh, wait. Shit, it's "all OTHER creatures" so no he does not untap himself.

it is going to be hard to pull me away from izzet this set unless the next 3 colors blow me away. Of course I play izzet most sets.

>untap all other creatures
>all other
He doesn't untap himself. The "hasn't been exeterd this turn" clause is there to stop you from getting infinite attacks with something like Kiora's Follower.

I like the flavor on this one

Also, I don't think exerting requires something to be tapped. It just NORMALLY happens since you need to attack to exert and, unless you got vigilance, you need to tap to attack

This one to

So who is the god emperor they keep talking about. I am to lazy to wait until I get to the multicolor cards.

>I don't think exerting requires something to be tapped
It doesn't. Exerting only means "this creatures doesn't untap during your next untap step." It takes nothing else into account, which means that if you give it vigilance it can exert for free.

Bolas

OH FUCK YEAH NIGGA
I was not going to bother going deep into the lore with how shit it has been of late but I think I will now. I would still appreciate a quick rundown on the plane though

Gideon is the Roman Reigns of MTG

That's a good question actually. Nobody I play with uses it so I have never had to check

He's only gonna be in the next set though
And you couldn't figure out that it was bolas, despite the fact his horns are plastered EVERYWHERE?

Oh shit how did I miss that.

Neat.

I like that it is specifically an additional instead of just blocks 2. nice little boost of power

oops

This whole deck is trash the only good card is lily's with enough nagas to laugh at the mana cost of summoning her

Which whole deck?

>The fuckin store made Black and Green deck
Me and my autistic cousin had to fucking gut it and add more mana and shit from chandras and gideon's deck.
>Also White cards that deal with zombies are bullshit

And this one.
my problems with gideon are mechanical not anything against the character

Usefull

I think flavor (text) wise this is my favorite one so far. flavor in general is still the best

I really like the idea behind this art.

kek it's like the arrows were made in Flash, there's literally no sense of movement coming from that pic, how is that even possible

It probably would have worked in a different artstyle but everything has to be the same now.
on the other hand
I really am fucking estatic we finally get to have more then one style again

This seems really undercosted

I was gonna say this what shit but then I considered all the interactions it has in this set.

This one does not make sense to me.

Oops

What do you don't understand?
The flavor text isn't supposed to go with the card. It's just another extract of the Accounting of Hours
Also, I'm pretty sure we have the whole text/poem/book in different flavor texts

>What do you don't understand?
Holy shit I'm tired

>The flavor text isn't supposed to go with the card.
That would be why I did not understand them

Oh wow a cannot be blocked by small creatures card that makes clear sense for it flavor wise. I like.

I love this.

God dammit

I'm still sad it wasn't the vanilla mythic we wanted

I love that they did not even try to come up with a name for it.
It is a snake crossed with a leopord fuck you. Stuff like this make it feel like a real unique fantasy world.

I am getting incredibly frustrated with myself

Serpopards are a real thing in egyptian mythology IIRC

>Cat
>Snake
>That design
Straight into my RPG settings

Neat.

Budget Tron?

>8 mana for some 5/5s

Just play the fucking mindslaver lock at that point

>whynotboth.png

Fun?

Aleays fun

*always fun

Welp I know what I am playing.

Holy shit what. Nissa is blue as well now.
If I was playing g/u I would be playing the shit out of this card

>Holy shit what. Nissa is blue as well now.
She's becoming blue in the current story
She manipulated the blue God mind using leylines

I don't normaly like unless the opponent pays counterspells but this is nice.

Maybe it is a test to see how people would react to the posterboy getting black in him.

Nice.

>Jace getting black in him
Liliana is into pegging? Doesn't surprise me

Looking at these makes me realize how awful the art in Amonkhet is. None of these look like anything. Just some dudes standing around in mostly identical garb.

This thing is such a house in limited. Seriously Overrun tier.

>Just some dudes standing around in mostly identical garb
The setting is a fucking training camp, what did you expect?

They did fuck that one time
The best flavor text from EMN was lili getting snippy at jace about it too

I am glad that tormenting voice is in a different artstyle even if it is shit. I love the house style but we need some variety.

>They did fuck that one time
I'm pretty sure the very first Amonkhet story, before they actually get on the plane (or maybe it was a flashback?), implied that they were fucking on the regular in their HQ on Ravnica

I'm normally super critical of card art that's basically just the same colour as the card's cost but these nice clean mummy zombies are so nice I don't even care.

I actualy stared at approch of the setting sun for a good 30 seconds wondering what it was to.

I know lots of people who are angry about Garruk becoming evil and losing his core set spot to Nissa. Most Jace fans are fedora tipping faggots and wouldn't care about him doing a heel turn.

Black != Evil
Jace could very well become UB without being Garruk-level of evil

I don't think Jace will get another color though

Little disapointed there is no way to move around brick counters.

How's fourth grade going?

I don't think that would make much sense, thematically.

They just want yo remove the last nonehuman from the core 5.

No all get to attack again because this trigger untaps them

That's not what vanilla means user

Extra points for you user. That is the Greek name for a creature that appears in Egyptian and Mesopotamian myth. Nerds get mad when they see things they don't understand.

>Th-That's not in muh D&D!

>That is the Greek name
No. It's a modern portmanteau derived from serpent-leopard. There are no records of what any ancient people called the creature.

Is it really a duel if it's 2 vs 1, though?

It's a handicap duel.

I don't want a vanilla mythic. It will be just an uninteresting must have that we'll be included in 50% of decks.