>Official Survey on Unearthed Arcana: Feats for Races:
sgiz.mobi/s3/7e74b19937c1

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously on last bread What are some things you would want to change in 5e?
What are some things that irk you in this edition?

Other urls found in this thread:

dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/dd-survey-results-summary
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>What are some things you would want to change in 5e?
>What are some things that irk you in this edition?

Classes.

They shouldn't exist.
They should be replaced by a pointbuy.

>>>/gurps/

>(You)

A modular point-purchase class feature system might be an idea.
The only downside is you'd need to have spellcasting features cost more.

All martials getting maneouvers.
Monks getting a d10 Hp die.
Bards being reduced to a d6 die cause a full caster has no right being a d8 class.

Lack of thought put into making classes.

Bards are strictly the best casters because they get to steal spells from other spell lists.

Wizard get a free of cost metamagic and free low level spells as one of thei later features while Sorcerrers can go fuck them selves with only learning metamagic they didn't pick at lvl 2.

Repostin
Would like any ideas, also, this is in roll20, thinking of using those witcher 3 maps for the battle maps.

My party just finished white plume mountain. The barb is going to refuse to give up blackrazor.

They were sent to retrieve these weapons because they are prone to causing trouble by the commander of the military force in neverwinter. They were offered basically a mundane wish, anything they could want.

How should I approach this, they are going to deliver wave and whelm but refuse to give blackrazor.

They will be in the middle of neverwinter so I'm thinking of creating an escape from LA esque thing.

Got caught in the end of the last thread.

Expansion to Ongoing work for (You)

The map for the Myst Tower now resembles this picture.

The rules are:

>The whole tower is a labyrinth.
>The gates are perfectly black (impenetrable shadow, but intangible) so they can't see into the next room.
>Every time someone passes through a door, they come into the new room from a different side from the one they'd expect.
>Top door sends them right. Left door sends them up. Bottom door sends them left. Right door sends them down.
>Each room contains a map showing where they are, but not how they got there.
>When they enter a cell, they enter it as if they'd intended to head in that direction - i.e. if they go through the left door of the previous cell, they'll come in through the bottom door of the cell above.
>Travelling through two of the same door in a row (from their perspective) sends them back to the start, i.e. turning left, then turning left again
>At the start, they'll see their past selves just finishing disappearing through the first door.
>Every time they revisit a cell after they've seen their past selves, they have a 1/20 chance of encountering themselves. Every time they return to the start, the chance increases by 1/20.
>The selves they encounter will always attack.

The map notes:
>Return sends players back to ENTRY
>Locations: Cave, Camp, Throne are all silent visions of what's occurring in those locations at that time
>Crying Child is a location the party haven't visited yet, with a crying child they can't interact with but providing a hook for a sidequest
>Mosaic is artwork that explains the purpose of the towers to give them an insight into the plot
>Target is where they find the artifact that completes the tower
>The Future Chosen is a vision of where their current plot choices will end up, in the worst possible way
>Home...? is a vision of the land they've been abducted from

Does this seem like a complete dungeon or is it lacking?

The only thing that truly irks me is that they won't expand existing class options like Fighting Styles or Maneuvers or whatever. Any time you provide a modular ability the point is to provide more options down the road.

At first, it looked like the would (mariner style/tunnel fighter) but it seems like they plan on abandoning that - and it was probably because of screeching autists in the feedback.

I wish they would get rid of classes and just do feature trees and levels. Each level you pick a feature, some come in bundles.

>Each level you pick a feature, some come in bundles.
Makes me think of Fallout: New Vegas' feature system at the start, where you could pick things that were both advantageous and a weakness, like getting raised perception while wearing glasses but reduced without.

I'd like that.

>At first, it looked like the would (mariner style/tunnel fighter) but it seems like they plan on abandoning that - and it was probably because of screeching autists in the feedback.

Can't have martials getting to close to those precious caster classes in terms of utility user.

You start with a standard array and point buy. All feats are available and so is multi classing. Post your most OP build.

I don't have any complaints really. If I wanted to play something that didn't revolve around classes I wouldn't play D&D.

I wish they kept with the unearthed arcana weekly though that made my Mondays enjoyable.

Somewhat agree on the arcana, my only hope is they take a closer look at some of the classes/subclasses that actually need help now.

I'd like to see some more love for sorcerer. The two choices in the players hand book are appalling. Dragon from a story perspective almost guarantees edge lord players or self important characters and wild magic is really weak.

How are these guys able to sell this?
They approved by WotC?

There's some playtest shit that's pretty sweet. I'm rolling up a "Earth element" origin sorcerer for my next game.

Yeah, earth and storm are decent. Nothing much besides those two.

Earths only fault is that they need to spend their action to use their unarmoured feature.

Tough luck when you get surprised.

>Hobgoblins have litters of kids, most of which are actual goblins
>In their society, goblins are largely subservient to Hobgoblins, who use them as infantry in battles or laborers
>Goblins breed true with each other, also in litters, but there's a small chance that a goblin pairing will produce a bugbear
>Bugbear pairings produce Goblins,as well, but with a higher chance of Bugbear kids
Is this too complicated/lopsided?

I feel bad for the goblin mother giving birth to a bugbear.

I doubt your players will really have the need for this information, and I believe bugbears are quite rare unless a goblin is just pumping out babies

Why exactly do you need a complex and detailed system for goblin breeding?

They definitely need something, also Wot4E either needs an overhaul or to tell people to just use the 3rd party one made since it's actually playable.

Just use slaadi

Probably either not making enough to try legal action against, or they're based out of US so it'd become a nightmare to try and prosecute/sue over.

Yeah I agree

But I was under the impression that once it's up, it's up forever until you take it down or go to sleep (or get KOd)

Yeah.
Just remember to activate it each time you finish a rest.

This was probably done to nerf the class a bit cause it has CON based AC.

They should just remove the Sorcerer and Warlock altogether. They are basically Wizard with a gimmick and Wizard with an edge.

Get rid of the tieflign and the dragonborn. And since we're already getting rid of dead weight, remove the Ranger entirely.

Remove dragonborn and gnomes instead.

Might aswell since a couple of the UAs are already making the "play a wizard" meme becoming more of a reality.

Touche. I have a player who loves fluff,but I suck at worldbuilding

I was thinking about potential countries for a setting, but I think I'm going too far down the rabbit hole
This isn't even for a political intrigue game

Frog people, right? I forgot they existed

Remove every race but humans, and make races subclasses

Damn Gnomes. Yes. This. Fucking gnomes.

Warlock works A LOT different than any other class, it's the most unique design of this edition

If you want to throw in fluff go for it, just remember to not make it too complicated or you are gonna burn yourself out

Remove the "halves". Half-fucking races are shit, make no sense and should never exist. Plus, they're always half-human, making it even less criative and just boring.

Fucking awesome, stealing

Half-orcs are a vestige of an older time, and should not exist. Orcs should be a PC race.

Warlocks are nothing like wizards or any other class for that matter. They don't even technically have the Spellcasting class feature

>Bards being reduced to a d6 die cause a full caster has no right being a d8 class.
So sorcerer should also get knocked down to a d6?

Same thing.

Can you use Lethal Strike with Bestial Claws?
Or Knock Back/Brute Strike for that matter.

Soul Knives and Hone the Blade doesn't seem like nearly enough damage to make it worth sacrificing two disciplines, have anyone had any success with one?
also, is hone the blade supposed to stack with augmented weapon?

Cool, I'll take that as a vote of confidence!

Sorcerrer is allread a d6 class.

>So sorcerer should also get knocked down to a d6?
>knocked down to a d6
do you even play 5e

>Soul Knives and Hone the Blade isn't worth it
But you can kill for psi points, and there's only a handful of really great disciplines

While we're on the subject of warlocks, I find it ironic that at the height of D&D popularity (which I would say is AD&D and 2nd Ed) there was massive public outcry about D&D encouraging Satan worship, when in reality the core game didn't have anything of the sort and in fact had Paladins as paragons of goodness.

Nowadays with this latest edition your alter ego can literally be a Devil-worshipping freak who is also literally part demon themselves (Tiefling) and nobody seems to care anymore.

Already a PC race nerd

Then the animu happened, user. Satan is now the coolest guy in town, and having horns give you the right kind of edge.

I think he means a core race, as OP was asking what would you change in the rules

>But you can kill for psi points
stuff like this is pretty unreliable, specially in a big table like mine, when you have no certainty on getting the last hit on stuff.

I don't think people are as bible thumping as nowadays. Cause the people are supposed to bible thump were the kids of those assholes and they aren't gonna give a shit.

The problem is that point buy requires at least some semblance of balance. Magic would need to be ABSURDLY, OUTRAGEOUSLY cheap for a point buy system to enable the current magic system and class designs. Unless you made some sort of sub-system where you can't get magic unless you specialize on it, which would beat the point of using point buy and just make for less elegant character progression

Kill rats or farm animals

So rerelease the player's handbook?

kek

They're already a d6 tho

I think spell stealing isn't that strong cause it's only at later levels save for life bards.

And d6 classes have shield, and all the damaging spells, they don't only have two of them they have fireball lighting bolt conjure elementals and more.

And they don't do any damage except a crossbow, vicious mockery is nice unless they have half a decent wisdom score

They should just remove every class except cleric, fighter, rogue, wizard. Barbarians are fighters with anger issues, bards are rogues that pickpocketed the wizard's spellbook, druids are hippy clerics, paladins are clerics with a stick up their ass, monks are weaboo rogues, rangers are fighters with a dissociative disorder, sorcerers are wizards that never went to school, and warlocks are wizards that sucked off someone else for magic. Actually, we don't even needs classes either. Everyone just plays commoners. You'll get an extra Hit Die, an ability score improvement, and a increase to your proficiency bonus every once in a while, maybe, I don't know, what do you want?

3.5 question but w/e

Do 3rd books work with 3.5 or do they need to be converted? Books like Deities and Demigods didn't get a 3.5 version, I presume that's because there was no need, is that correct?

pls respond

remove
gnomes
remove tieflings

make illithids core pc races.

>Asking the players what they want.

They don't know what they want. No chance will make everyone happy.

>maybe, I don't know, what do you want?
To remove the Sorcerer and Warlock altogether. Are you dense? I wrote it on my post.

But I'm playing a ranger right now and having fun

Any DMs put Guards and Wards in dungeons/towers/whatever? How do you keep tack of the wrong turns he players take?

Sorcerers are going the right track with new bloodlines but still feel like "discount wizards with a consolation prize added on". Warlocks don't need regular spellcasting when they could be designed entirely around cantrips and rituals. They need more and more interesting invocations. Medium armor proficiency should come standard with bladelock. All Wizards really need is to have some of their powers balanced out (Conjuration I'm looking at you).

Fighters don't really need to be their own thing, when pretty much every Fighter can be re-written as something else and suddenly gain supernatural feats and/or spellcasting. Battlemaster actions should be something anyone can work with presuming they've got weapons and armor to be proficient in, and more classes can have Combat Styles to reflect how they approach combat as martial/hybrid classes. Some of the archetypes that turn Fighter into a Warlord by another name are a better step towards saving the class, though, and we should encourage that focus on turning Fighter into "battlefield commander who gives support buffs and whatnot" if we're going to keep it.

D&D needs to stop pretending it can be used as a low fantasy game. In D&D it's pretty clear a setting grown organically from the mechanics, especially in 5E, would essentially require people in any civilization advanced enough to equate to Iron Age Earth social complexity to either be or have regular access to low-level magic users, as society would invariably form around the people who can cure injuries by patting you on the shoulder, fix and maintain basic equipment flaws literally all day without issue, clean water for drinking, et cetera. The only way we can really resolve this is to seriously cripple the spell list, and not just in the sensible "maybe remove the spells that let you be a fucking god" method.

Level 10 character died, kinda feel like rolling a land Druid because I've never really seen one. Looking over its shit, it just seems like a bad Wizard though?

Can anyone sell the class to me? Conjure Fey seems like a redeeming quality but Warlock gets it as well.

Yes you are. It's of course the least class ever played in every tasble in the history of DnD (even Wizards admited it), and you wouldn't notice if it was just a Fighter archetype, but, yeah. Ranger.

Are you ohueli tam?

Illithids are too ayylmao, too powerful, and too prone to be grabbed by the head by evil Elder Brain to be core

Work continues!

With the Myst Tower complete, four towers remain:

>Iron Tower - no theme at current
>Shadow Tower - no theme at current
>Stone Tower - heavy on traps
>Sun Tower - central puzzle of increasing complexity, needs more material

Looking for ideas for further puzzle/trap themes, or things I can add to existing ones. All ideas welcome.

Yes, but what will you name your commoner?

>We can find Breastplace, Half-Plate and Full Plate selling on every major town
>Gunpowder do not exist
>MFW

Yeah. Game should be just caster(wo)man and fighter(wo)man with a bunch of archetypes because I don't like some of the classes and them being in the game severely makes the game worse for me

I know I could probably do that "have you tried not playing D&D" meme and I've played a number of other systems, but the as-is of 5E is a step in the right direction and can be adjusted to be even moreso.

D&D is, and has pretty much always been, great as a "high action heroic fantasy about exceptional lads mucking about in the business of evil bastards" game. Magic is all over D&D and it cripples itself by not letting warriors have access to it, and it cripples gameplay variety by making all magic Vancian or pseudo-Vancian spellcasting, when entirely different magic systems could be used based on how your character uses magic.

We have the tools to make this out of the existing models of D&D. Look at a 3.5 game with Tome of Battle and Psionics classes as the running standard, with maybe a few mid-tier, comparable Vancians thrown into the mix plus the 3.5 Warlock. You get four entire systems of magic this way, with distinct playstyles for each. We could have that in 5E (or perhaps 6E by the time this would be done) by making a few different ways to approach magic and just making a few different classes for each which use each method to a different end.

I don't even know what are you trying to come up with here, but yes. The Ranger is the shit. Read the UA. It's pretty much stated on the opening paragrapher.

They get +1 HP which makes them exactly equal to a d8.

>DM: You walk into a 30 by 30 ft. room
>What's in it?
>DM: I don't know you'll have to look around roll investigation

And while you're at it, roll to make sure you remember how to breathe.

>It's of course the least class ever played in every tasble in the history of DnD (even Wizards admited it), and you wouldn't notice if it was just a Fighter archetype, but, yeah. Ranger.
Least popular class in 5e is Druid

Completely agree, D&D is all about classes. I think it helps to root things a bit forcing you to make a semi-believable character that has had to devote their life to their trade. Not everyone can be a Dovakin edgelord that's a master of archery, magic, and swords at the same time.

Druids get some solid abilities and can use them to their full potential. They make solid conjurers with conjure animals conjure elemental and conjure fey. The expanded spells lots are fair at least and great at best. Wild shape brings a ton of usage to the table from becoming a stealth scout to a sudden surge of health in emergencies. Later on flying beasts like giant eagle are good, can carry you and another character around. The later abilities are also great, spells in wild shape help a lot, imagine giant eagle flying around castin storm of vengeance. Timeless body gives your character fluff, an elf may live 10,000 years with it. And unlimited wild shapes is perfect.

The ability to realize you are in a 30 x 30 room with a glance makes me in awe.
I's like being able to tell the feets on a sphere when you cast an AoE.
Or know that you have disadvantage on a ranged attack based in nothing but sight alone.

>DM: you wake up
>I go outside
>DM: People start to laugh at you because you are naked

He should be. He was a deity on 3.5, and mundane on 4th. All the expectations of the class are gone. And the Ranger is still so bad and poorly made, they dedicated an entire UA to try and fix him.

Don't forget to roll for spontaneous combustion.

If guns existed everyone would use guns and if everyone were using guns it wouldn't be fun.

Started running sunless citadel, ended when the party came across Meepo.

Any tips for running the rest of the adventure? We just kinda started it on a whim.

>They get +1 HP which makes them exactly equal to a d8.

Only 2 archetypes do.

Dragon Sorcerrer which was originally meant to be a Melee Subclass.

And Stone Sorcerrer which is a Melee Subclass.

And an acrobatics check to see if you can remain balanced while standing on two feet.

>31 people in the thread and nobody answers my question

dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/dd-survey-results-summary

If a DM does that you should ask to roll dick size, which for those who don't know, is 2d4+1 for medium size.

>d6
>implying sorcerer is even a half caster

Is there a resource that tells me what the Tarot equivalents of the Deck of Many Things are (That doesn't include the suits, i.e: Swords, Wands, Cups, Coins/Pentacles? Obviously you have Flames/The Devil, Death/Skull, but some are more difficult than others. I just wanna use the basic 22 tarot cards

no one knows because no one played 3.0

But before you can get your balance, you have to make Constitution check to remain conscious. You've been awake for an couple hours afterall.

>Paladins
>5th
I'm ok with this.

They must have done if it was bad enough to warrant a .5

>most popular races are the 4 most powerful races + dragonborn
>most popular classes are the most generic 4 classes + paladin

>aarokocra least popular
>implying elves and dwarves are good
and I bet most use non v. human