The grow up so fast

Just from the Family Standpoint, isn't it adorable?

Naaaaah.

It's pretty impressive how much worse the second picture looks.

Why pay for effort when the fans will buy it up anyway?

That difference in quality is disgusting

The first was professional, comissioned artwork from an out-of-house artist. The second was whipped up in-house for a quick promo animatic.

While true you could probably pay a Drawfag on Veeky Forums with a 20$ Amazon Gift card to whip up something better by tomorrow.

The new art direction is horrific.
Somebody please post the hammerheads vs leman russes one. You know which one.

>The new art direction is horrific.

>Implying

By the Emperor this is fucking disgusting. Fuck, this is incredibly terrible.

>Guilliman makes better Marines than the Emperor

Why is he so great bros?

>Le ebin steampunk dwarves XD
Granted, the art itself is very good quality, but I disgusted by the shift in aesthetics to reference such a shitty, not-even-a-genre, as steampunk.

The special character with thee top hat is pig disgusting but DESU dwarves in clockwork envirosuits and airships to me manages to take Steampunk staples and make them not atrociously faggy.

But I get it, I feel you. I think I'm just slightly desensitized. AoS is an aesthetic garbageheap on the whole, though. No argument there.

One day, that squats will be back. I will sit here, waiting for them.

It's a few frames grabbed from a 1 minute promotional piece, stop acting like it's cancer.

According to Deliverance Lost, the Emperor totally could have made better Astartes but didn't for some reason. He handed over his notes from the Primarch Project to Corax as a means of speedily replenishing his legion. It worked. He made a bunch of super-Marines. Alpha Legion shenanigans then caused those guys to hideously mutate into monsters and that put the kibosh on that.

So yeah, I know, Black Library. But this isn't the first time a source has claimed that there could be better Astartes.

KEEP IT IN YOUR FUCKING CONTAINMENT THREADS

What are you talking about? Also be nice, you are in Veeky Forums

One of the things lost in the 42nd was high megapixel cameras.

yeah, that looks like something out of WoW

Completely different artstyles for different purposes.

since Veeky Forums mostly has utterly shit taste, ill explain why both of these pictures are great.

>the first one
The Emperor is the paragon of humanity, a guiding light in a world drowned in darkness, to represent this he emits a golden aura and lights up the picture around him.

>the second
one of his sons, and not even one of his strongest sons, is now thrown into the same situation he was, but Gulliman is not the paragon of humanity his father was, and the situation he finds himself in is arguably much more dire. The only hope in this picture is the emperors sword, which shines brightly in the surrounding darkness.

Age of Sigmar is also a great game you fucking grognards.

The second pic looks like something made by a deviant art reject

I agree.
Shit aesthetics.

He probably didn't want them to be too hard to destroy once the Crusade was over and humanity was ready to stand on its own.

This is pretty much it. Same with the thunder warriors. It's the same reason space marines are sterile. They are meant to be augmented people who defend humanity, not a replacement. The Emperor cared far more for the average limited person than he did for space marines or anybody else. He wasn't trying to replace them. Especially since his goal is to last long enough to the point where primarchs and even himself are useless because he wants humanity to basically last long enough to evolve into psykers and be basically emperors themselves.

>the Emperor just wanted humans to not be the punching bags of xeno empires
>he loved us all

I'm pretty sure the reason why the Emperor didn't make uber-marines like Corax did is because the Primarchs were missing when he was making the legions. Since the Primarchs weren't there, the Emperor only had limited amounts of their DNA from which to form the Astartes which somehow resulted in lesser marines.

Find me something in WoW that looks like that.

topkek

He'll pull through, he always does.

Yep.

It's shit. Even the original art was better, and I mean if you DON'T count its hilarious character.

>10k years
>fast

Googling 'World of Warcraft' (not the movie) will get you tons of pics like that user

Show me one.

>Completely different artstyles for different purposes
Like this?

Yes. Earlier AoS books used cheap shit art.

10/10 bait

>Implying

>implying AoS art is bad

I-Is that shitscribble your argument for "good" art?

>cheap japan-like parody
Yep, it's bad

Bad taste strikes again!

>we want to look like Berserk, but cannot hire good artist and limited by 8+ age rating

And lo Archaon claimed his due.

Chaos reigns!

Second one actually looks cool, though. Kinda like a propaganda poster, with the minimal selection of shades and colours. The specific hues could have been chosen better, though. I'd have gone with more red than purple, personally, but that might have thrown off the colouration of the Ultramarine armour, so IDK.

Interestingly, in the top image, the wind is blowing forwards, from behind the Emperor. But in the bottom image, it's blowing backwards, against Gulliman. I can't know how much thought the artist put into that, but to me it seems symbolic of the characters' places in time. In the Emperor's case, he was in a position of power, pushing forwards almost effortlessly, aided by favourable winds. But Gulliman is starting from a position of weakness, pushing forwards against all odds, symbolised by an unfavourable wind.

>Second one actually looks cool, though.
>Kinda like a propaganda poster
Kinda like Battleborn trailer

The burden of proof is on you, not me.

>The burden of proof is on you, not me.
>redditor demanding on Veeky Forums

That actually made me sad.

>I'm not an artist
>I do not understand the dynamics of commission work, pay rates, time frames, revisions, deadlines and licensing
> We should have great art but I do not want to support artists or continue giving developing artists career opportunities to foster continuous growth

t. retards

They're excellent pieces for what they are, and given the smothering constraints usually doled out by Geedubs, they're probably one of the more stylistically unconventional pieces I've seen.

The ones in the trailers are definitely unsightly though, most likely because they're just scrapped animatics/storyboard pieces GW decided to use when they realized doing any more would cost them actual money.

Why am I supposed to hate these?

Like, I want to like the top hat in a 'remember when these games had a sense of humor?' sort of way, but it doesn't quite work.
Similarly, I like the idea of an entire army of Dwarf Slayers, but for some reason the Fyreslayers do nothing for me.
Doesn't help that I have no idea what the lore's supposed to be for the older Dwarf figs.

>not even one of his strongest
>arguable much more dire
If I had any confidence whatsoever that this was what they were going for, I would agree with you. But there's a somewhat-justified fear that they're going full-HFY, aided and abetted by continued lionization of Gulliman as the actual real bestest and brightest of the Primarchs. Like, I'm hoping you're right, and sure, I'll give New GW (tm) the benefit of the doubt for now.

>Age of Sigmar is also a great game you fucking grognards.
No argument from me, but I prefer using my old minis.

>Gulliman as the actual real bestest and brightest of the Primarchs
Pretty much is though on account of not being dead. Until the Sanguinor reveals its final form.

I'm so lost when it comes to Age of Sigmar.

Is there any reason why that game has a billion factions

Friendly reminder that Baal is east-side of the galactric rift and is/was sandwiched between Tyranids and Necrons.
So they're probably safe for now, as neither Tyranids nor Necrons are allowed any lasting, impactful victories anyway

>the old world died for this.

>tfw the emperor just wanted humanity to stand on it's legs and never bow down to xenos.
>in the grim darkness of the 41st millenium, despite all the setbacks and losses, humanity keeps that promise.

The Emperor was an incompetent autistc retard, and it makes sense that autistic retard 40k fans like him

After reading The Last Church? I'm inclined to agree.

it's appropriate for the setting

Unlike the fans.

>the emperor ends your shitty faggot religions in order to unite humanity

>bawwwwwwwww muh jesus! muh holy text!

Or, you know, you can care more about helping make humanity better NOW rather than infighting and saying fuck life because you think there is a better one waiting after you're a rotting corpse in the ground.