If the Horus Heresy never happened and The Great Crusade was a success...

If the Horus Heresy never happened and The Great Crusade was a success. Would Big E be forced to put Angron and Curse down? Euthanasia?

I mean, they were pretty fuckd up before they accepted Chaos.

He'd probably try to fix them, it's not like it was out of his power.

Emps would probably throw them after the nids once they showed up. No doubt the nids would only show up sooner with a thriving imperium. That, or he'd have to fuck with the silent king eventually.

No they'd arrive at the exact same time. The Nids head for the Milky Way because of events during the Great Crusade and get there at the 41st millenium.

Why didn't Emp remove the butchers nail than?

In Master of Mankind he says that removing the Butcher's Nails is out of his power. Angron was probably doomed.

Curze would've seen a different future for him and it probably would've affected his behavior in a positive manner.

Then he'd still have crons to mess with. He doesnt need to keep them employed forever, he just has to grind the legions he doesnt like into enemies until they're dead.

In Angron's case specifically he'd probably have to be put down eventually by the custodes, and his entire legion would probably understand at the time.

One of the more recent HH bits (Master Of Mankind) had the nails projected to eventually eat/destroy his brain, but they couldn't be removed because they had become too much of the brain itself already via nanomangic. The emperor couldn't remove them without killing angron, they'll eventually kill angron. Its a bad deal. He was basically planning on killing all the space marines when they won anyway, but somehow keeping the primarchs in a happy village all together. Probably was going to have to kill them too.

A successful great crusade is the doom of the marines and primarchs when it finishes. Same deal as thunder warriors.

But why?

Same reason he wanted to phase out the Nagivators by building Webways.

It's the Imperium of Man, not Imperium of Mutants.

I get grossly overestimating how well his own plans will work out is one of Big E's character flaws, but how could he expect to kill off all the Legions?

As soon as they caught wind they'd spark a civil war possibly more damaging than the HH. I suppose a big parade/meeting of everyone then exterminatus the planet could work, but that would strike warning bells in the more paranoid legions.

>but how could he expect to kill off all the Legions?

He thought he was literally perfect and untouchable.

He also assumed that everyone else thought this about him, to the point where his sons would be okay with butchering their Legions in his name.

I seriously doubt that he'd just kill off all the Primarchs. They all seem fairly solidly needed for post-war things, like Magnus and the Throne.

He had a retirement/nature preserve set up for them, but how/if he actually thought he could put 18 of them in the same place after their legions were liquidated seems sketchy.

Get Russ to do most of it. Have the Custodians and SoS sort the rest out. Its a dumb plan. But the HH novels aren't exactly Pulitzer material.

>A successful great crusade is the doom of the marines and primarchs when it finishes. Same deal as thunder warriors.

So Horus basically did nothing wrong and was right all along? I mean except for making a pact with Dark Gods of Evil?

It fused to his spine and lower brain. Removing it would kill him and it was killing him anyways. So there is no point in removing it or killing him. Since he is already dead.

>If the Horus Heresy never happened

picture related.

>He was basically planning on killing all the space marines when they won anyway, but somehow keeping the primarchs in a happy village all together. Probably was going to have to kill them too.
ADB please, I know you love your chaoswank but this is a bit much

Laurie Goulding is a fucking cancer on 30k.

>In Master of Mankind
Stopped reading right there.

What, aside from making a pact with the Dark Gods of Evil and becoming their agent, did Horus actually do? Because the sate of the Imperium is sure as shit a lot worse than it could be.