Warhammer 40,000 general /40kg/

Grot rebels vs. Spore mine Brigades Edition

>Proper Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=N2vwVgNBFL8

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf2

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tSxrMa4OZXo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

death guard when

FORTIFYING THIS THREAD!

>grim darkness
Why they don't use more lights?

No lights, only war

Say what you will about DoW3 but they nailed the gretchin perfectly.

Never forget

They're 8e exclusive so wait for 8e

Do Venomthropes and Toxicrenes have synapse? I want to run a nid army focused on all their poisonous and venomous dudes like Malanthropes.

Nope*

>* may be subject to change in 8e.

well yeah, waiting on those nice community site photos to really see what we're getting.

Riptide Wing Detachment Edition

Use a Hive tyrant with Lashwips and Poison, voila, poisonous tentacle synapse. Conversions for days.....

Finally, a sensible OP image.

As a CSM player I am really looking forward to 8e. I'd like to see Defilers and Helbrutes viable for a change.
>also, make land raiders great again

Are GLs and Flamers now viable for Scions?

these edits are shit

Let's hope they've actually made a way to be able to keep play a mono-Harlequins

Skitarii have AdMech if they need an HQ, and basically everyone consider those two faction one and the same, but Harlequins lack an HQ choice and taking a Farseer or an Archon would be against the concept of fielding an army composed of just Harlequins

Maybe they'll make the Troupe Master an actual HQ instead of just being the unit sergeant
I'd like them to give him the High Avatar stats from the RT compendium

Flamers already are, but yes GLs will probably be much better than they are currently.

What about flashlights?

Dang.

Ooh, that does sound bretty cool. How big is the Tyrant's head compared to a Toxicrene's, do you know?

venomthropes definitely aren't

toxicrenes looked like synapses creatures until the rules were released and said they weren't

>Ooh, that does sound bretty cool. How big is the Tyrant's head compared to a Toxicrene's, do you know?
the tyrant's is smaller

what were you thinking about?

Giving it the cool cthulhu tentacle head

Just reveal the five fucking books already

So with the 8ed hype I am planning to start some tyranid dudes and if the hobby bites me my next go to would be skitaari, as I have close to 0 experience painting minis, is it a horrible idea to start with a custom paint scheme? I'm not totally sold on the ones the main hives sport.

> Also mfw no shitposting for the last half of the previous thread and this so far

>Skiitari
>Tyranids in 8E
user...

>not spamming Maulerfiends which will get even tougher in 8e

you don't need the toxicrene's for that

I don't like maulerfiends. I don't own any dinobots and if I did I would give them gatling guns.

Which is the coolest daemon engine?

Silver Towers, but they have no models.

Why though? Defilers look like shit and Helbrutes have shit fluff. At least Dinobots are cool both in fluff and minis.

>people freaking over GSC Breeder
>nobody remembers DLFG

Oh boy!

I did but the post was deleted in the blind fury of the purge

Purge?

I think defilers are great. I like the idea of a shooty demon crab spider. I'm fine with helbrute fluff too since I don't get too deep into fluff related stuff.

I have very little concern for competitivity, I always liked nids, skiitari look awesome and I like the IG fluff but find them a bit boring as models and I know I'd burn out fast if I started with them (unless they release a whole batch of Catachan and or Ork hunters new models for full Vietnam mode)

2 threads ago mods went on a purge because someone posted an underboob picture in Veeky Forums.

Well, a timestamped underboob pic from a tripfriend which had nothing to do with 40k itself.

Bad News: Crud worked on 8E and Nids will be guaranteed shit, Skitarii doesn't exist anymore

Good News: Skitarii and Cult Mechanics got merged into Adeptus Mechanics!

Hello! I have loads of experience with AOS but have been out of the loop with 40K for a couple editions. I have been lurking the teased 8th edition rules and find them very appealing and am planning to get in at the start with some Deldar.

Shooting and mobility are the things to have in AOS and its shaping up to be a similar situation in 8th so I have the following ideas:

the bird guys (pic related)
jut fighters and bombers
long range lance boats
venoms full of lance shooters

basically the idea is to just kite the ever-living shit out of everything with what will probably be some of the highest movement characteristics in the game while removing key units from the board at my leisure.

thoughts?

Well people shitpost a lot that is not even remotely 40k and got nothing.

It is safe to say the mod got trigger by underboob.

>nids
>not 40k related
Well, I got banned for this one once. No real rules about moderation I tell you.
>inb4: sauce
saved off Veeky Forums, couple years ago

except the drawing for the 40k related tatoo

>Crud worked on 8E and Nids will be guaranteed shit

Nah.

That and the preceding 70 so fetish discussion posts plus the unavoidable gaggle of thirsy boys asking for more.
went from.. 320 to 240-some posts.

Plague hulk.

I wanted to say soul-grinder but i just can take that skinny daemon torso seriously.

Way better than some threads have been lately.

At least there was some 40k lore discussion instead of just bait posting galore

>girl
>Nids
EVERY FUCKING TIME

Really?
All I saw was "tell my about ur dudes" and then a handful of people bumping their lists.

See way better already

Saved for reference. I must do something similar for my winged tyrant.

Pls don't mind that it's 30k, what is this red?? I really like it, but I've the impression that I've never seen a colored metallic official paintscheme before (not counting silver/gold/bronze). Is that some standalone newish color, or red washing over silver basing?

Not just that, I hear Mr Cruddance had a leading role in the development of 8e. pic related

Red glaze over silver, looks like.

Tamiya clear red layered over silver will get that

Looks like one of forge world's transparent reds over leadbelcher

Wait is that from the Hive Tyrant's kit? Nice!

Blood Angels going to be top tier in 8th.
Hand flamers and Inferno pistols will be worth taking.
Going to load up my death company with power axes.

Meh.

Question is how bad it'll get when 8th lands and salty 7>8 fags won't be able to get games.

They will be so much better in 8th hopefully. At least they will be more survivable than before.

I can work with adeptus mecanicus, as much as I love hyper evolving mother nature apex predators on steroids and doomed to self consumption I also like beep boops of all flavours

That's how DE are supossed to work/be played but can't say anything yet without knowing the full rules.

Yup, hopefully their battle cannon will actually be seen as a threat this time around now that weapons can do more than 1 damage per shot and AP works differently.

nice and fluffy in theory. let's hope the final rules will work out that way.

I forgot about that bitch. How long ago was that? Like 7 years?

Please what is the difference between a wash and a glaze again?

washes are have a more washed out effect. glazes are glazey.

youtube.com/watch?v=tSxrMa4OZXo

And the faggots asking for scans

I wonder if that colour scheme would look better in reverse

I wasn't around back then. What happened?

only the head is from the tyrant
the long tentacles are from a harpy's spore mine
the short ones from a genestealer
the big flat tongue at the bottom is a trygon's but with a genestealer's implant tongue at the tip
the little mandibles and the teeth at the end of the long tentacles were cut off from spare termagants' weapons
finally the additional eyes are actual pieces of sprues, cut into a proper shape and glued inside carvings done in the tyrant's cheekbones and temples

the point is: you can slap whatever leftover bit on the tyrant's head
for a while I was playing with the idea of giving it an organic gasmask biomorph looking like a facehugger, but considering this head is going to be for the converted malanthrope I may reserve the rebreather for the biocannons-heavy walkrant

I would chalk that one as "unlikely"

I think she was still around to see the release of the 6th edition codex

Has it been 7 years since then already?

Over 5 years, so yeah, probably 6 or 7.

>And the faggots asking for scans
Welp, that settles It, I'm, never coming back to /40k/ again, I'll just be permanently bouncing between seething with rage and despairing at stupidity.

S/he was around late last year too.
Or at least someone using the name.

Oh hey, a nipple.

Current 8th Mood: Feeling pretty good about battleforged and eradication of formations.

Never forget d6+six billion gaunts! Synapsecaust denyers should be jailed!

People need to give DoW3 a break, it's actually not bad. And anyone who says it's a MOBA is a fucking retard.

Imperial Guard Melee Dethstar, its a thing.

What is the 40k equivalent of Witchers Veeky Forums?

Grey Knights

Inquisition maybe? A sub branch of the ordo Xenos moste likely.

Exorcists.

Witch Hunters/Inquisitors

It is. It's amazing too. A gigantic blob filled with Inquisitors, Priests, Psykers and Power Axes out the ass.

When you have a re-rollable 4++ and re-roll wounds in close combat, it's pretty amazing.

That's an easy one.

Who?

So wait, some fem user almost posted 40k related tits and you called the mods to scare her off? Smdh

The version I use is Yarrak, Commissar Lord w/ BoC & Death mask plus Straken with a primeris to add flavor.

oh, you know...

Anyone got any ideas on how to convert myself a mega-armored ork warboss? I already have a box of meganobz here for the purpose, but I'm kinda lacking on vision since basically the only warboss I know is Ghazgkhull.

deathleapers fangirl, do a few google searches for old archived shit

Use Ironjawz

That sounds fun. I also love having Straken floating about. I would like to run a pure Guard melee deathstar, but Inquisitors and Imperial Agents Priests have more options that are pretty great and a bit cheaper.

Yarrick is great though. I have a 3rd party female Commissar with 2 Powerfists that I run with Deathmask and Powerfist.

Do you put both Commissars together in a squad or do you run one with Straken? Do you use 2 blobs?

I like to have one Conscript and one Infantry blob.