Hello Veeky Forums. Beel lurking around for a bit...

Hello Veeky Forums. Beel lurking around for a bit, and thought I'd contribute with a story from my earlier days of DMing. One where I learned a valuable lesson about Sidequesting, Individual leveling, and why one should never combine the two.

This is the story of Fafnir, a tale of a character that broke my campaign so hard, he essentially became a lesser god. So grab some popcorn, and here we go...

>Be Newish to DMing (First campaign, but at the time Fafnir started his sidequests, had about 4 sessions under my belt).
>Have a player make a Neutral Evil character, a Dragonborn Barbarian named Fafnir. Party doesn't know his alignment, and Fafnir's ultimate goal is to become nearly indestructible.
>His big Vice is greed. He was so greedy that, when a bounty he was supposed to kill offered him more to kill other people, he took the offer... until his new employer begcame a liability.
>So, after Firing acid breath down the old killer's throat (long story, for another day), he got the attention of the Diety of Greed, a being Named Crakkus...

(Continued)

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Tale_of_an_Industrious_Rogue,_Part_I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Crakkus, appearing to him as a massive cloaked figure, meets with him in an alleyway, and offers him a better deal, impressed with his abilities.
>Fafnir, of course, listened to this deal, and when he learned he could make money by doing contracts he accepted.
>As a little test, Crakkus sent him to rob a Company Armored Carridge full of gold.
>Fafnir decided to sneak his way behind the building the carridge was housed in, and, using a magic item, Essentially made a door in the back wall.
>He Somehow managed to sneak up to the carridge, Pick the lock, and grab the gold.
>he payed his 10% tribute to Crakkus, for promise of more gold.

>Crakkus was impressed, and liked his initiative and Ability to get things done. I awarded a bit of XP, standard procedure for my sidequests at the time, and Fafnir was promised a set series of contracts.
>Satisfied, he went about his way, and I had no clue of the trouble this would all cause...

Quick overview.
In the campaign at the time, the kingdom of man was having a war with a mysteriously well organized new nation of Goblins (the party would find out at the end of the arc why they became this way, but, Not important right now).
The goblins, being greedy, would pray to Crakkus, and, Crakkus having heard them (and of course taking his tribute from them), decided Fafnir would best be used as a weapon to disrupt the war.
>Crakkus calls to Fafnir, who finds him in an alley, eating pasta at a table, And offering some to him.
>As Fafnir sits, Crakkus explains that He will give one item to assist in each of the next contracts, and that there would be 6 targets, each more difficult than the last.
>If he killed all 6 targets, he would be rewarded with a ring of three wishes; an offer Crakkus knew someone like Fafnir would do anything to get. (The player was level 5 at the time, 5e is the system)
>Fafnir of course took him up on the deal, and was given the contract to kill a Navy analyst. >His gift this mission was a pair of odd glasses, and with them, he set off to the Port city where his target was located...

>Fafnir took some time to scout out the target, and discovered that he liked to fish outside the city limits.
>He finds him, sitting by the dock, calmly fishing. I assumed he would try to strangle him or something, but no. He instead prayed to Crakkus to give him a heavy weight.
>Me, being a curious DM, decided "I'll see what he does with it, sure," and I make a weight appear.
>He talks calmly to the fishing man, all while rolling to stealthily Tie the man's ankles to the weight.
>the barbarian somehow manages to do this without getting caught, and soon enoigh, pushes the analyst into the sea.
>He wants to check and make sure he drowns, so he swims inti the depths... to find that the rope he used had been cut. >Fafnir forgot about the rapier he had.
>He quickly scrambles and claws his way up the dock, before the man can swim to the shore.
>Being a barbarian, he manages to catch up to the man on the shore, who attemts to escape by turning invisible via magic.
>Fafnir's glasses allow him to see the Man and he easily slays him.
>His first kill. He disposes of the body by using his acid breath to melt down the body and toss the sludge in the sea...

Bumping for interest

>Crakkus later called him back to the Alley, Offering him Wine and pasta, the table looking a little fancier, as he explained the next mission.
>His second Target was a half-Elf archmage who taught Human Combat mages how to better weild magic in the field; MORDARIUS THE GREAT!
>he is given an odd magical item, some kind of Nullifier, and sent off on his way.
>He finds MORDARIUS in the woods, practing his arcane mastery.
>Fafnir Approaches and challenges the mage, and, with initiative rolled, he manages to Deal decent damage, while MORDARIUS, the cocky archmage keeps missing his to-hit rolls.
>Mordaris cunningly attempts his signitaure move: Shifting the battlefield into a realm of his own!
>Fafnir activates the nullifier just as the world around him was turning fully purple.
>Annoyed, Mordarius Jumps forward, points his finger directly in Fafnir's face, and Declared with a smug Laugh that this will end him, as he casts level 9 magic missile.
>...
>What I, the DM had forgotten, was that Fafnir had, in a previous mission, gotten a magic item. He had the Brooch of Shielding. That happened to cancel magic missile.
>Mordarius's arm absolutely deflates, and his last straw is reached.
>After tanking damage, He backs up, and Generates a massive Fireball, High level cast.
>He throws this Frieza-Death-Ball level Fireball at Fafnir.
>Now, Fafnir had stolen a Spell-Reflecting shield, but for something of this size, he needed to pass a huge dex save--
>...He passed. He passed and the ball flew back at Mordarius, who fails his dex save.
>Mordarius the Great becomes Mordarius the Dead.
>Fafnir has his second kill, and the body was incinerated, nothing to melt.

Moar pls

>Fafnir returns to the alley later, meeting Crakkus there, who offers him some bread, pasta and wine.
>Two targets down, four to go, Fafnir is sent to woods of the north to fight a Lumber company CEO with an affinity for Monster hunting.
>This man's Company provided almost all lumber products for the government. Losing him would destabilize Humanity's Military production of carts, carrdiges, ballistæ, etc.
>He is given an orb that will shut down magical item's magical properties, as this man is known to have enchanted armor and weaponry.
>Fafnir heads North, and finds the snowy forest, coming across dozens of Giant spider bodies, slain undead, etc.
>Then, he finds his target. Simple Steve, CEO of Quad Lumber.
>Fafnir throws the Orb, and the Odd bluish armor and sword Stop glowing.
>Steve grimaces, but remains mute.
>They fight, and it gets pretty intense, with Fafnir using many poisons on his axes.
>Both are Barbarians, both are in rage, and both are hacking away at each other.
>Fafnir almost dies, but manages to land the killing blow on his mute opponent, slaying his third target, and getting a single "Oof" out of him as he fell.
>He melts the body down and collects the sludge in a jar, and scavenging the odd blue armor and sword, which he discovers are made of Diamond.
>He promptly sells the armor at the black Market, Earning more money for future kills.
>Three down, three to go...

>Fafnir is called once more to meet Crakkus in the Alley. He is greeted by fancier pasta, Warm bread, And Fresh wine all laid out on the Table, now decorated with candles.
>Crakkus smiled from his end of the table and they ate together, as the Diety of Greed laid out his next Target.
>He would need to Make his way into a meeting with the King this time, and thanks to some... connections in the palace, getting an adventurer like him into the defense meeting wouldn't be too hard.
>He was to find and kill an important General of the Heavy Weapons Division of Humanity's Army, one General Soloman Nacl.
>So, Fafnir Dressed up nice and fancy for the meeting, and made his way to the palace, his path being cleared...
>At the meeting, he Spots Nacl, and, beside him, the Current Military Commander, one who the party has met with many tines before: Captain-General Phillip Seymour Burk.
>Burk had on an odd, ancient Amulet, Spoke loudly at all times, often heard things the party said from across a room, reguardless of language, and, Most unsettlingly, had an ever-present, wide smile.
>The party thought he was just a cocky, smug guy, but at this point, Fafnir suspected the Amulet may have been important...

>Reguardless, The King spoke, and, long-story short, after a string of murders of important individuals, Captain-General Burk had proposed a program of nationwide "Vigilance," whoch included more Guardian (Essentially Police+Soldier) Patrols, higher surveillance, etc.
>Fafnir said nothing, but went over to meet with the group. The king, however, called him over.
>Now, the king was an older, frail-looking man who always wore simpler regal robes, not one for bling or diamonds. Simple steel-grey robes with royal trim was all he needed.
>He lay his hand on Fafnir's shoulder, telling him that he hopes he serves the kingdom and her people well, and does the right thing.
>Fafnir feels uneasy.

Continue, we await more.

>After that short chat, he Walks over and talks to Nacl and Burk, Learning about their plans, while listening to how they'll leave.
>He knows Nacl will be taking a personal carridge out of the city. Perfect...
>Fafnir scouts outside the city and awaits the carridge, Hiding in the brush.
>Then, the player stops me.
Hey DM?
"Yes?"
So my scales are black, yeah?
"Yeah, what about it?"
It's nighttime yes?
"It's night, yes...?"
Can I get any stealth bonuses for being Naked?

>I had to stop for a second, because Fafnir had been fairly direct, but I just said
"No bonuses, no."
Eh, I'll go naked anyway. Reptiles have internal genitals, so It's not like I'll be vunerable.

>Shaking my head, I just decided to move on.
>His carridge came up around the bend, and hs prepared to strike.
>Fafnir tossed a handaxe at the wheel of the cart, causing the carridgeboy to stop and figure out why the wheel was acting up.
>as he got down, Fafnir quickly ran up, Decapitated the boy, and let the horse loose. The horse calmly walked into the woods.

>Nacl himself came out, seeing a naked black dragonborn with two axes, and, smirking to himself, pulled out his signiature weapon: essentially a miniature cannon. Fafnir was ducking and rolling as cannon fire blasted past him.
>He knew he needed to use this Mission's gift: A special liquid that could turn Iron to rust.
>He splashed it onto the Barrel, and watched it dissolve.
>However, after rolling in combat a few times, he cocked his d20.
>at my table, we have a rule: cocked dice invoke Chaos.
>So, In comes The Diety of Chaos, in the middle of the fight: The being of insanity and parties himself: Lord Fahf.

>Lord Fahf does whatever he wants, so, in this case, he scooted over to the rust pile that used to be the cannon, cradled it as a baby, and watched it return to it's cannon form.
>Handing it back to Nacl, he Disappears in a shower of leaves and Lute music.
>Shocked, Fafnir and Nacl resume, and Fafnir needs a new plan.
>He decides that grappling and tying up Nacl would work best, and so, being the barbarian, he wins that contest easily.
>He ties up Nacl, and lays his Axe blade under his throat.
>then the player starts laughing to himself.
"What?"
I lick his ear
"...You what?"
He's tied up and being grappled by a naked dragonborn. I want him to feel as uncomfortable as possible.
>The DM is feeling uncomfortable
"Fine...?"
>Player laughs maniacally as Nacl simply asks "Why?"
>He slits his thoat, and begins melting the body, before hearing Neighing in the forest. The horse.
>Now, As a DM, I thought he could use a horse, so I made the creature rather friendly to him.
>Fafnir tenderly led the horse to the river, allowed it to drink...
>And lopped it's head off.
>He then melted the body with acid, and Threw the sludge in the river.
>To top it off, he used an explosive he found from Nacl to blow the remains he had tossed into the river into unidentifiable pieces, and with a watery explosion and many, many dead fish, he returned to the city, triumphant once again.

>Now, his next target, the True last, Fair fight I was to give him. At this point, he had enough XP to be level 12, while the rest of the party was level 5. I would later correct this, but... Well, he was gaining power, fast.
>He entered back into the alleyway, Finding Crakkus there, Eating from a fully decorated table. Pristine pasta, Wine of a good year, and the freshest bread, accented with candles, and to top it all off, faint classical music playing.
>Fafnir felt uneasy.
>He invited him to sit, and slid him his gift for this mission: A blue, glowing orb: Crakkus's Grand Nullifier. This would render even the most ancient of Magic Items useless, and would be most useful against his next target: one Captain-General Phillip Seymour Burk.
>Fafnir was glad, but knew this would be a challenge. Burk and he had had many run-ins in the past, and was a powerful foe. What little of his combat he had seen, it was exceptional.
>Nonetheless, Burk was out by an abandoned Farmhouse not far from The main city, and so, he decided to head out, Orb in hand.
>There he found Burk, Smiling wide as ever, and ready for a fight.
>Fafnir crushed the orb, as a wave of energy blasted away from him, and washed over Burk.

>His amulet fell off, and his smile disappeared.
>"You've... you've freed me... How?"
>Burk explains that the amulet gave him perfect perception of all things near him... a blessing and a curse in and of itself, but it also forced him to speak loudly, and jammed that smile on his face.
>For a quiet moment, the REAL burk and Fafnir sat. They knew the would fight, but took a second to rest.
>Burk revealed he used to be a follower of Crakkus, and said that, once his usefulness was up, Crakkus would dispose of him, one way or another.
>This was a warning to Fafnir, but it did not prevent their fight...

>They soon engaged in their battle, Burk's Sword and Shield against Fafnir's insane might.
>It was quite a fight, with Burk Swinging multiple Times, striking with expert precision and force (BattleMaster Archetype, Fighter Class, 5e)
>Fafnir was actually having quite a bit of difficulty. Fitting, given that he was essentially fighting what was, at this point in the story, his antethisis.
>However, after a long fought combat, Burk lay on the ground, Breathing his last.
>"Fafnir... Come here..."
>Out of respect, he approached his dying enemy (after making sure his sword had fallen)
>"I'll... see you..."
What was left of his amulet began to glow bright, as his floody hand tried to hold onto the Dragonborn.
>"IN THE AFTERLIFE!"
>With a righteous explosion, Fafnir was blown back, taking some holy, radiant damage.
>Not dead, he found Burk's body unharmed by the blast, and began to melt it down like the rest.
>He found a picture of Burk's family in his armor, and used Burk's sword to pin the image to the barn wall, before collecting the sludge and leaving.
>He had finished his fifth kill, and was pleased at his progress.
>He was now level 15.

>Fafnir Felt Uneasy.
>Upon the 5th Kill, Crakkus himself appeared before Fafnir on the road.
>Now, up until this point, Crakkus had always worn a cloak with hood. He usually appeared to Fafnir as a 7-8 foot tall Black dragonborn.
>Today, he had his hood removed, revealing brightly glowing, red eyes beneath, accompanied by his wide and toothy grin.
>"Well done Fafnir, are you prepared for your final target?"
>Fafnir was taken a bit off guard by this rather sudden jump, but with the ring of three wishes so close to his grasp... he couldn't resist.
>"Good. Your final target... is the king himself! My cultists in the city have the entire King's guard occupied outside the throne room. I will Telelort you in. Your gift is this frequency Broadcaster. You'll know when to use it."
>Fafnir was still a bit wary of the rush, but agreed, and was soon warped into the king's throne room.

>"Fafnir... I am disappointed that you have chosen this path," the king said sadly on his throne.
>Fafnir approached, reassured him it was nothing personal, and began walking closer.
>"Please, Fafnir... I ask you to stop. Not for my own life, but for this kingdom."
> The king was sincere. He was not running, he had no fear in his voice, but was warning Fafnir.
>>Fafnir Felt Uneasy

>"One last chance Fafnir... please reconsider."
>Fafnir did not back down.
>The king sighed, and merely shook his head.
>"This choice was yours."
>With the sound of many latches unlatching, many metal casings flew up, steel plates springing out and locking around the king, the arms of his throne, the seat, the back, all proving hollow, as he stood up, in a steam powered, Full plated battlesuit; a top secret Royal defense unit.
>The king raised the arms, loaded with crossbow bolts...
>Fafnir acrivated the frequency emitter, and watched with a smile as every metal joint fell apart, and the suit fell off of the king's body.
>So there stood the king, standing alone, unarmored, with only his royal scepter, doubling as a cane.
>the king looked a bit shocked, but quickly sighed, and looked extremely disappointed.
>"I give you one, final chance to surrender yourself... You have helped our kingdom in the past, Adventurer..."
>Fafnir Refused.
>>>Fafnir Felt uneasy.

>The king merely nodded, and closed his fist, prompty bringing it down...
>And activated quivering palm.
>Fafnir, wide-eyed, remembered his severe uneasiness, which started after the king had laid his hand on his shoulder.
>Evert bit of that uneasy feeling surfaced, as the lethal vibrations travelled through his body, and forcibly, suddenly, Stopped.
"Roll a CON save."
>Of course he passed, but 10d10 is nothing to sneeze at.
>The king, unbeknownst to almost everyone, was a level 20 Monk, and did very well to keep that fact a secret.
>So, combat began. The king attacking with his Staff and fists, and I, as DM, believed this would be the poetic end of Fafnir. I had warned him though many characters and interactions that this dark path would end in his own doom.
>Pitting level 15 Fafnir against a powerful Monk, with Full Ki was Crakkus's way of disposing of a tool he was done with.
>...
>After Fafnir managed to Tank THREE Quivering Palms, I began to worry that such a poetic end may not be as obvious as I had thought.
>Fafnir actually managed to catch him at one point, and dealt a MASSIVE amount of damage.
>Finally, on the FIFTH quivering palm, he went below 0...
I'm okay.
"What??"
I get to make a CON save if I drop below Zero, and the DC is 10. If I pass, I get 1 HP, and keep going. DC goes up every time.
>...The king was out of Ki, and had no way to disengage from the barricaded Throne room I had described.
>Too low on HP to make a monk's stand
>He pulled out a light crossbow, and fired a single bolt...

>The fateful Bolt missed the Dragonborn, who uses all of him movement to run over and Clobber the King.
>After bringing him down to near nothing, the King chokes out one last time for Fafnir to stop.
>Fafnir responds by Snapping his neck, and laying him on the throne.
>Crakkus warps into the room, a very worried expression on his face, and warps Fafnir out, just as the guards arrive.
>There is a quiet moment, as The DM panics, and Fafnir tell Crakkus "You tried to kill me."
>Crakkus is now forced to hold up his end of the deal. And so... I fork over a ring of three wishes.
>His first wish: To cast magic, using his Constitution.
>I grant this by allowing him to cast using HP instead of Spell slots (lvl 1 spell is 10HP, lvl 5 spell is 50HP, cantrips are 5HP, no healing more than you spent, etc).
>His second wish: To Have more breath weapons
>I granted this by allowing him to switch what kind of breath weapon he has, such as lighting, or Fire, etc.
>His third wish: To become more difficult to damage when damaged.
>Here, I geanied it up. He tested it by slicing a spot on his arm. That particular spot grew to about 1.5/2x it's size, and that area's AC went up... but it was disproportional, and hurt the normal tissue around it.
>Had he ever gotten an internal injury, he would have possibly had a chunck of "More damage resistant" Bone interfere with his heart.

>However, after convincing Crakkus that trying to kill him was reasonably worth something, With the right rolls, Fafnir convinced Crakkus to Rescend the final wish.
>Thus, the third was essentially just wasted.
>But, now Fafnir, a level 20 Barbarian with casting powers, was in a campaign with Level 6s.
>I had to find a way out, and thought I had a solution.
>Fafnir was very good friends with the Bartender, and he spent a lot of time in the bar, especially now that the City was in Lockdown.
>The Bartender served long ago in wars by the King's side, and thus would want to avenge him.
>So, in came Bartender Paul, the level 20 barbarian decked out with magic items of all sorts... except the one I'd need the most.
>What was meant to be a fantastic and awe-inspiring battle was anticlimactic, as Paul failed rolls against Suggestion, and allowed himself to be tied to a chair.
>...Where Fafnir lopped his head off.
>I was done, knew this character could not play side-by-side with the other players
>Crakkus, entered through the door, and calmly gestured Fafnir to follow him, into his realm.

>After leaving a letter for the party, he walked off into Crakkus's realm, where I still do occasional sidequests with this demigod of a character.

And that, my friends, is the tale of Fafnir, or "How I learned to stop Separate leveling"

Excuse me good sir. That's Fafnir the Enduring, Champion of Fury

Ladies and gentlemen, the player who plays Fafnir.

Yes, so ended the tale of Fafnir the Mortal, and so begins the tale of Fafnir the Enduring, Champion of Fury.

Noice story time OP.

Any more?

Actually hey HeWhoLurks, mind if I post the story of Fafnir's ascension battle? It'll have to be in a few hours when I'm not so busy

Well friend, It is a Tabletop story, Go right on ahead!

Plenty, but I unfortunately have to go for now. Perhaps More later.
This guy found my thread, he's in my campaign though.
He can tell more Fafnir.

Ok I'm on lunch so I got a few to post a little bit on what happned next. Because believe me Fafnir doesn't stop going til he's hit the top. Also I apologize in advance for the plethora of typos you're gonna see

Alright so listen up kiddies. Before Fafnir became a demigod [excuse me. Lesser Diety], he had to go through a trial first. His test? Kill all those he had slayed in the name of greed... again... at full power. To be honest, I was excited. Also relieved that the party revived both Paul and the King. Which prevented a fight against them as well... thank god.

So

>Be Fafnir chillin at Crakkus's mansion realm
>used wish to cast clone. Has that growing under the couch. Everything was chill
>Big Man Crak Daddy walks up to me like "Hey. It appears you have some guest who are very 'eager' to see you again. Wanna go say hello?
>The violent and greedy demigod nods enthusiastically at his sugar daddy
>"Excellent" says Crakkus "Oh before you go. You should know your friend Burke goes by a new name."
>...The Hero
>with a clap of his hands I'm launched into a huge battlefield. About 200 feet awat from me lays a familiar site. Everyone I had killed.
>Excited laughter emerges from both me and the Draconic warrior
>Initiative is rolled. I'm last of the elite warriors, while still ahead of the all the common folk I slayed.
>I'm approached by Simple Steve weilding only one of his diamond swords and Diamond Armor. Meanwhile Memphis decides to be a sneaky fuck and goes invisible.
>Burke is giving orders left and right. And then my favorite fagget makes his move. Mordarius the Great launches a giant fuck all fireball at me.
>Let's out a small kek as I lift up the similar looking shield. Bounces right back at him ,but he tumbles out the way. His entire team looks at him with a twinge of disappointment
>Now... now it was my turn

Shit. Got work again. Will post more later on

Ayy Fafy, baby.
Bumpin

Ayy finished up work early. So where was I?

>My turn for some fun. Casted Haste and rushed forward, entering a rage.
>Combat ensues for a while, villagers went down fairly easy with a simple fire breath. The Horse from earluernis now a skeleton and on fire, not don't much but humming death metal. More on that later
>It's just us big boys now. Burke raining arrows down on me, Nacl firing canon ball after canon ball, Steve laying down the heat, and Mordarius and Memphis are being a nuisance.
>fuckthis.exe
>dropped Haste, casted mass suggestion. Snagged Steve and Memphis with it

Ok so real quick I know you can't cast spells while raged, and Steve being a path of the beserker barb can't be charmed. This is rectified later, which I'll get to in a bit for now though...

Wow I fucked up in my typing there

>I now have an invisible dude and a big fucking barb in diamond armor
>confidence has returned
>Orders the big guy to help me kill Nacl and the little dude to keep an eye on Burke who was trying to pretend he was under the influence as well.
>At some point I cast time stop to rush and grab Nacl's cannon. Time resumes and I fire it point blank into his chest. Hurt like a bitch
>Steve's turn starts and he begins to make quick work of Nacl, finally cleaving the fucker in two.
>Mordarius has done jack shit to anyone this fight, finally trying to suggest me.
>But we say no to fagets and I passed that save.
>Mordarius is cut down by Steve
>Meanwhile Burke trys firing another arrow at me, triggering Memphis's AoO
>Memphis hits, but [with a look of regret on his face] is soon cut down by Burke's blade.
>Steve charges Burke, misses all strikes
>Steve was too low on hp, and falls to Burke's blade. Failing his CON save
>All that stood was myself and Burke...

ITT: DM wanks over their eh-ish story of a player.

I struggle to comprehend your weaksauce interpretation of a deity of greed.

Hassan is a much better example of greed incarnate.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Tale_of_an_Industrious_Rogue,_Part_I

Aaaand boss found more work for me. See you gents in a few

Bumping

Surely you, then, have a much more riveting tale to share?

Bumpity.

Bump

Oh fuck. Totally forgot to post the rest of this. Mb.
Now where was I?

>Burke and I are locked in an epic bit of eye contact
>Combat has stopped as glances are shared
>Total respect is shared between the two despite what's happened
>Burke tells Faf of what's happmeed since he's been dead
>Turns out ol Burke Boy is on the path to ascension from his own Diety, Judicia the Lady of Law and Order
>Faf smiles and says some snarky shit towards him
>Weapons are raised, combat resumes
>Burke's been busy, harder fight and I'm low on health
>gotta think fast
>casts prismatic ray, petrification ray
>clock is ticking for both of us, but it's not looking good for me
>panic.jpg
>suddenly looks at a spell list, genius strikes...

>...I have creation in my list of spekls, and just enough blood left to cast it
>genius strikes as I grab the empty glass vial for a health potion I drank earlier
>genius struck as I casted the spell and encased the warrior in a 5 ft cylinder of glass, his sticking out at the very top
>I calmly walk over as he looks me in the eyes
>"Couldn't do a fair fight huh?"
>Bitch that was a 1v10 fight
>he laughs, coughing up some blood. I do the same, hacking away at his neck
>Finally DM speaks
...natural 1 on his CON save. His body begins its transformation to stone
>Rivalbro looks up at me and gives that iconic smile of his
>"I'll be seeing you real soon"
>Faf nods in respect and excitment "Can't way Burke"
>fully petrifies into a statue of the smiling warrior
>Fafnir drops his weapons and looks into the sky.
>He had finally won...
>...he very promptly collapsed onto the ground as I spoke to the DM
Wanna guess how many hp I have left?
"Hmm. 30?"
Lol nope.
>1 hp remaining
"....oh"

>Crak Daddy comes done like "You did well bitch, have some god powers"
>dicksohardrn.jpg
>Explains to me how this shit works.
>Now a level 30
>I now own thus realm and have a nee front lawn ornament
>Crak Daddy leaves me be after healing me up
>Smilimg, looking of in the distance
>Decides to go back to Stahl, hooded cloak up
>Walks straight into the candy store, grabs my favorite
>Rock Candy, fuck yes
>walk into the center of town, looms directly at a guard
>takes off hood, winks, teleports away
>guard left speechless

Everything was right pn that day... just... then it wasn't quite suddenly [one last bit]

So as I said before, DM and I noticed our little fuck up with the spell casting. After some brief thought the DM breaks out into a smile
"Oh don't you worry Fafnir, I know exactly what happened"
Well shit

>Be chillin in my realm
> made some grass and a tree to map on
>suddenly notices a smoke dude on a rock
>Smoke dude introduces himself as another Lesser Diety known as Editch.
>Tells me how I owe him for helping me
>"Fucking what"
>Tells me he lent me some of his powers to cast magic while enraged, time to pay up
>walks up and takes my godly powers
>too confused to react
>says some bitch ass shit and bounces
>after a moment the anger grows
>let's out a roar that shakes the fabric of this realm
>Wakkity Crakkity comes down to see what's what
>Explains it to him. Fear in his eyes
>explain how bad it is.
>pretty fucking bad
>now I gotta travel around the world's to figure out how in the fuck to get my shit back and dtop this dude from killing us all
>Unfroze Burke to help me out. Ww bros now, and him killing Editch is his new method of ascension

And that's what's what. More has happened, but I'll wait till ww get further in to tell that story. Hope yall liked it

Nice story buddy, best of luck

And the bitching autist award goes to......user, for the 12th year in a row.

Orange shirt why aren't you at my store

jesus christ, where do you think you are?

Dude, you really like to drop levels on your players. Did you bump Fafnir from 15 to 20 in one go?

#

I can answer this one. The enemys I had faced were at a level enough to hand over enough exp to level up rapidly. Though the level 15 to 20 was a bit of a gimme since it was the reward/please take this and not break my campaign