/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Previous thread: Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

I love you.

The World [2G 6S 10B]

>Magic, Medium (1 Silver 1 Bronze) [2G 5S 9B]
I kinda like the idea of magic and tech being equilevant, should lead to interesting solutions. Of course, the High magic says that magic is just better than current technology, so maybe instead of sending probes to Mars, we could just teleport there. Choices. In the end, I wanted them equilevant. Plus it would concentrate world destroying powers in hands of relatively few people effectively chosen randomly, not good.

>Beauty (1 Silver) [2G 4S 9B]
This is a bit complicated too, since if you just shift the bellcurve, aren't the people at the end still considered ugly? But this should guarantee no fatties, so it's worth it.

>Magical Races (1 Silver) [2G 3S 9B]

>Reality (1 Bronze) [2G 3S 8B]
I think gradual change would be better but decades or centuries for changes to happen is just too long.

>Politics (1 Gold) [1G 3S 8B]
Communism is justice, comrade.
>COMMUNISM HAS NEVER FUC-
>Effective (1 Bronze) [1G 3S 7B]
Now it does.

>Intelligence, Remove Stupid (1 Silver 1 Bronze) [1G 2S 6B]
We are going to space. Magic space. With space magic.

>Peace on Earth (1 Bronze) [1G 2S 5B]
Considering the amount of changes suddenly enforced by Reality, it's probably better to enforce peace too. Not many people wish for war anyway so it's not large edit. I'm far more hesitant about removing the possibility of crime. It's rather large mindfuck to the entire population of earth. It basically comes down to two questions, I think. 1) are the laws enacted by government just. 2) does the freedom to commit crime justify the cost in suffering the victims experience. I think the answer to 2) is no but 1) is not guaranteed. I guess you could use other changes to ensure that government enacts only just laws but others can attempt that exercise.

>Growth (1 Bronze) [1G 2S 4B]
No more flat, death to lolicons.

t-thanks

Personal:

>Amazing (1 Gold) [0G 2S 4B]
Magic, Beauty, Magical Race, Intelligence. I'm a dragon now. Always be dragon.

>Perfect, Mind, Ageless, Second Time (1 Silver 3 Bronze) [0G 1S 1B]
Pretty standard "don't wanna die" package. Only thing missing is not getting hurt or sick but I guess magic can handle that.

I got 1 Silver and 1 Bronze left and not much to spend it on. I guess I could introduce mutants or remove some concept, like Veeky Forums, but eh.

>Command, Powerful (1 Silver 1 Bronze) [0G 0S 0B]
Used to tell people to piss off if they are bothering me, don't really have much interest in controlling people. Also the rich people I know are far more attached to their cash than something like true love.

I wrote too many words about this, so I get the bonus Bronze coin
>No punishment
I'll use this to shitpost nonstop on /pol/ as Communistic paradise becomes both mandatory and functional. From each according his mana, comrade.

So that is my magitech communism. Above us, the red star awaits. I'm a dragon wizard.

Has PPP+ came out yet? Did Italic-chan ever say what she's going to do with these extra dimensional fuckers if the update includes stuff from Sun/Moon?

Imagine I ever got off my ass and wrote a CYOA, what sort of stuff would need to be in there?

Obviously, I'd require the main power choice, then a bundle of quest choices. Then maybe a choice of worlds or timelines, though that could be bundled into the quest line choice. Species. Trinkets. Perhaps a strength vs sanity choice.

Anything else?

Towels.

>ZA WARUDO
>Medium Magic [5 Silver, 9 Bronze]
>Beauty [4 Silver]
>Politics + Effective (Absolute Monarchy) [1 Gold, 8 Bronze]
>Intelligence + Remove Stupid [3 Silver, 7 Bronze]
>Peace on Earth [6 Bronze]
>Magical Races [2 Silver]

>THESE BONUSES ARE MINE
>Amazing [0 Gold]
>Perfect + Mind + Ageless [3 Bronze]
>Beauty + Gender Bender + Shapeshifter [0 Silver, 2 Bronze]
>Induce Fetish [1 Bronze]
>Harem [0 Bronze]

If you haven't guessed by now? I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, but it'll all work out.

The age of kings has come again. I don't actually have many pictures of kings, so have a Varian.

Shitpost OC. Remember, taking the option that lets you take a power twice costs a choice itself.

So you will basically only have 1 power, but twice. As your third choice was spent on the option to take it twice, and you had to choose it 2 times. Thus all your options are spent.

Right, right. Always bring a towel.

How important is balance in a CYOA?

not important at all

Y-you too.

>Language
>Damage Negation
>20 USD

You'd be surprised how useful it is to know a language for even one hour.

Very important. The game part of a cyoa is making choices. If there is one clearly superior choice, then there is only one choice. Then it is no longer a game.

LIAR!

>Work as a translator
>You are work for over an hour 1 day
>Foreign guy comes back

>S-sorry, no speak

Actually, I'm probably gonna make waifushit.

I think I've settled on a premise: you're an expert at a certain field of magic and a bunch of girls would like you to be their mentor, and you pick one.

Haven't decided on how far I want to go on this though. I have some several twists in mind but I don't want to really ruin it. I think I'm just going to keep it as a mentor-student sort of thing and not go into fetishbait territory.

>Actually, I'm probably gonna make waifushit.

YES

>Waifushit
>Not fetishbait

It'd be cool if instead of just choosing a student, you need to choose an adventuring partner and then pick a couple of quests to go on with them.

But please, no point buy.

It does matter a bit, if the choices are "Magic [1 point]: do anything you want" and "Science [100 points]: eventually invent fire. God will torment you for eternity for inventing atheism tho", you run into the problem that there's basically zero reason to take the second choice, ever, no matter how much more you prefer it.

Rather than spending hundred years trying to make everything perfect, I suggest going with gut feeling that everything is about ok, releasing it and maybe fixing something if people complain it's wildly imbalanced.

Already have a setting planned out and art selected, so I'm going with it.

Not gonna be point buy, and I like that idea.

But it's strictly going to be a "magical tutor" sort of thing. I do like adventures, though. You can probably take her on the field to do magical thingies.

>Magical tutor

You mean "Tutor fucking his waifu" right? And pleace write that lewd archangel again.

Very important if you don't want autismos

>Tutor fucking his waifu
The writing's going to imply you're rather young for an expert in the field so yeah, probably.

What else is CYOA for?

Sounds interesting, I'll at least read it. But it would be nice if it seems like a more romantic relationship would develop over time, rather than just having her be hot for my dick right off the bat.

Spreadsheets

Good

>What else is CYOA for?

Setting things on fire?

She's a student attending the magical academy you're at and the profs want you to tutor her for one reason or another. I haven't completely fleshed out the context but that's be basis of it. I probably won't even mention anything about romance throughout the CYOA.

Like I said before, it's just gonna be short. My goal is to have it done by the end of the fucking weekend. I just conceived this now.

But it's not a game with winners and losers, it can be a story. Remember that thread a little while ago when everyone wanted to be a legshark? It was more interesting and funny than being a Violet Lantern despite being a much worse choice if you wanted to 'win'.

What about the AUTISM AUDIT?

In due time. This is just something I wanted to do to get out of the drone I'm in.

I'm working on like 4 CYOAs at once.

Sounds good. Good luck.

Which do you prefer?

1. Low fantasy
2. High fantasy
3. Science Fiction
4. Space Opera
5. Weird Fiction
6. Horror
7. Free space (write down your favorite genre)

Clock Punk

Waifus

I only need an hour to order a meal, ask directions, etc.

7. Spaghetti western

It really depends on the mood I'm in.

On other hand, that was really short cyoa, wasn't it just four choices? Balance matters more when you expected to make multiple choices because you run into possibility that some choices are just plain not viable to make.

High Fantasy and Low Fantasy

Space Opera followed by Science Fiction.

>3. Science Fiction
>4. Space Opera

wutz the difference

Western.

>3. Science Fiction
>4. Space Opera

Yeah, well fuck you too buddy.

My favorite is scifi/horror or horror with scifi elements or unexplained shit.

No one else I know likes horror movies and spooky shit as much as I do. It's disappointing, but most horror movies and games are better if watched/played alone, at night, and in the dark. So it works out.

The difference between space opera and science fiction is the difference between high and low fantasy
Also not all Science Fiction takes place in space

High fantasy, low fantasy (is there some sweet spot in between?) and then Space Opera. Horror can be good if done in a good, dark and comfy setting like this CYOA.

Cyberpunk and lovecraftian horror.

I like High Fantasy most of the time, especially when it's blended with another Genre.

Science Fiction = High Fantasy > Cyberpunk > Freespace (the game) > Space Opera > Low Fantasy = Weird Fiction >> Horror.

>Modern Fantasy
>Comfy kitchen sink
>fetishbait
>Any world that's fundamentally different in a well-thought-out manner
Some of my favorites.

Space Opera + Waifus

High fantasy

High fantasy with low magic
Such as Game of Thrones

Cyberpunk where it always rains and is night time.

Steampunk with wizards n' shit

Magic goes great with any setting, IMO

>3. Science Fiction
>4. Space Opera
yes

High or Low Fantasy with hints of Lovecraftian shit in the background/eventually in the foreground.

>not preferring low fantasy with high magic ala MTG

>disgusting

Almost literally the setting I'm going for with this thing.

Would Bloodborne be a mix of this, horror, and science fiction?

Bloodborne is lovecraft with the twist that you can make a difference but humanity is doomed either way.

Cool picture

Bloodborne had a lot of occult whatnot

High and low fantasy

I demand you give us more details!

Space Opera

Sneak peak at a W.I.P.

Comments? Criticism? Idle abuse? Any feedback welcome.

I'm diggin' it.

>Idle abuse?
Yes, for posting WIPs. Come closer so I can lightly smack your forehead.

High Fantasy

Sci-fi > High Fantasy >>> Rest

Tho a lot of sci-fi cyoas just go "Ok, there's flying cars and guns shoot lasers and spaceships and maybe hackers idk??? You can have a robot arm" and zero consideration how this might affect society, everything is just basically the same as it is now.

At least when people write fantasy, they figure out that hey, maybe elves are different from humans and then this is how the relations between the people and the nations would be. And this is how wizards would be fucking it all up.

change font

>Teleport
>Language Fluency
>Summon Wolf

What font would you recommend?

The summon item power can be good to summon a weapon in areas where you wouldn't be able to bring a weapon. Like you could summon a knife in a plane or something.

>Sci-fi > High Fantasy

Why not both?

How often do you actually need to hijack a plane?

High Fantasy.

Not really interested. I'd read it and forget it a few hours later.

When I need to crash it with no survivors.

>agrees arabicly

>World
Magic, Medium (1b, 1s) - Its magic. I don't have to explain shit.
Politics, effective (1b, 1g) - Rational anarchy. Nation states go kaput - basically the Culture. Effective means there's no inevitable tragedy of the commons.
Peace, Crime (1b, 1b) - And these two mean it doesn't turn into mad max.
Beauty (1s) - The closer to 100% pretty anime land we get, the better
Heroes (1s) - It starts out at 5%, but eventually the entire human race will be super. And then no one will be.
Intelligence, remove stupid (1b, 1s) - I mean, who wouldn't take these two? It makes literally everything better.
Magic races, one gender (1b, 1s) - Monstergirls.
(if i get the bonus 1b) Reality - to minimize disruption
total: (6b, 5s, 1g)
>personal
amazing (1g) - There's actually a reason to get this
perfect, mind, ageless, second time's the charm (3b, 1s) - and here's it is. With all the combined int modifiers and super powers, I should be well into supergenius territory. The singularity will be within my grasp! And if it isn't, I get a redo.
harem (1b) - Don't judge me. I'm a supergenius magic man, I will fucking cut you.
total (4b, 1s, 1g)

Both are ok, I just prefer Sci-fi a bit more, not entirely sure why.

They are all good, variety is the key.

This

Free space (urban fantasy, especially with a surreal or psychological slant to it).

You're going to be really happy in a few days.

Low fantasy + High fantasy + Science Fiction + Space Opera

low fantasy space opera.
At least, I think that's how you would go about describing the original trilogy of star wars. I like my invisible space magic, just not when every other Jim Chuck or Mary is flinging it around all over the place.

Now you got me curious.

Needs more cyoa

>Star Wars
>LOW fantasy
lol wut