Warhammer 40,000 general /40kg/

Squad morale restored edition

Last thread
>the Duncan show
youtube.com/watch?v=N2vwVgNBFL8

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf2

First for cult ambush!

I wonder what all the base psychic powers will be.

Which book will you get?

Rate my WIP, Sister of Battle Auxiliary Valkyrie

What is the name of my Order?

Post your work, armies, projects.

30 marines to paint for the summer while traveling (so limited paint supplies that I can take with me). Just need to airbrush the basecoat and I"ll be good to go.

they already said the five books are Impreium, Chaos, Eldar, Orks/Necrons/Tau, Tyranids

stop forcing this ultrasmurf deathguard meme you faggot

Lovely work. A bit too clean for my taste as I always like some weathering, especially on vehicles, but I can see why you'd want a clean fikish on an Inquisiton transport.

The Order of That Time of the Month?

I want my Skitarii to be a drop army, like the Elysians. I can't think of any bits that would look good on my Dragoon squad so I thought of something else.

How about Dragoons with a warp drive kinda deal? The Dragoons are transported to battlefields by literally battling through hell to arrive through a tear in reality and spear some fucking Heretics while a billion tin men fall from the sky and force some radiotherapy on you.

Yah I asked a friend to do the base paint with an airbrush and the fucker got way too happy with it and did some other things.

I'm currently working on some teeth on the nose and adding an old SoB model on the back so when the hatch opens there is a bolter bitch shooting

Smite is the only one shared by all psykers. It appears as each psyker will have a list of powers they have access to in their profile.

Xth for "Real heroes don't wear power arm-why is the Auspex going off like that?"

"RETREAT!"

*Panzerleid intensifies*

TIME TO FLOOD THIS THREAD WITH GUARD!

Looks great.

Order of the Crimson Tide
Order of the Red Typhoon
Order of the Crimson Horror
Order of the Red Tent
Order of the Red Sky at Morn (sailors be warned)

Time for some OGRE-KILL!

>tfw will never ally afriel strain with Deathwatch

I'm not sure I like these new Felinid superheavies GW's selling.

>Lord of War: Mr. Whiskers
M: infinity W: Lots A: Random Ld: None Sv. -8+ WS: 1+ BS: -

Special Rules:
No leader: Mr. Whiskers bows to now man and gives no fucks even for the rules of the game. Neither player controls Mr. Whiskers.
No Caring: Deploy Mr. Whiskers in reserves and roll as normal. When he arrives, place him on the table and let him wonder it has he pleases.
No Mercy: If Mr. Whiskers sniffs a model, that model's unit takes a 5+D6 leadership check. If he swipes or taps a model the unit takes a number of S10 AP-5 hits equal to the number of units touched. If Mr. Whiskers tries to bite or lay down on a model it is eliminated from play.
No Obligations: When Mr. Whiskers jumps off the table, he does not enter ongoing reserves and is effectively removed from the game. However, no killpoints are ever awarded for the loss of Mr. Whiskers.

Those sound good.

Right now I have two main symbols, wings and the cross from the BT (Malta Cross if I recall) and bouncing back and forward with a rose or a heart.

I'm working to add as relics to go on top of an Immolator some old metal wings from Pegasus as some old saint relic.

I also use picture related as demon prince when I run silly lists. Since generic living Saint are not a thing

Anyone got the epub or pdf for carrion throne? I'd greatly appreciate it, can't afford to buy books atm.

Where? Warhammer tv live stream?

twitter, there are highlights posted on like herokuapp and what not

Source?

Well, they'd hop through the Warp more than fight through it, but otherwise sounds cool. Stick a Lucian icon on the engines, show they've got similar tech to the Legio Astorum Warp Runners.

How are you doing the drop-assault? Counts-as Scions or D-99? Might be fun to add in some Flamer drop squads. I know in 30k you can drop Secutarii in with Arvus Lighters and more or less automatically gib a Baneblade or Spartan with 12 BS5 Cognis Haywire shots, which is an excellent cheesy tactic for telling deathstars to fuck off, but we can't do that here.

Hoping to get some done this weekend, but idk if I'll have the time.

Nothing changed since the last time you posted? Still looking forward to seeing some sexy well painted wyches.

Has anybody got the old White Dwarf monthly mags link? You know, from 70's onwards?

Sadly, no. I was going to paint last night, but I forgot to prep more sheets for my wet pallet. I still have no idea how I'm going to paint the flesh, though.

Order of the hockey team from Detroit.

Flesh is my bane. I've been painting for decades. Still bad as fuck at it, but good enough to save fuck up model.

But skin and faces is something I've never done remotely passable

Scenery, as it'll be NPCs with better rules than nids.

This is what you fucking nidleafs get for shitposting all last night.

For real though, where's that piece of Death Guard art from? Looks like it's official.

warhammer40000.com

user...flyrants are not flyers. They're HQs who can buy into FMC status...

What?

>home for the summer, finally want to start assembling a 40k army from the couple of tau battlesuits I got years ago
>"Oh there's a new edition coming out don't bother getting into 40k right now"
o-okay

Assuming it's broadly similar, how picky will people be about WYSIWYG with equipment?
Putting together a wych cult kill team for SWA, and hopefully they'll be useful in 8th, but I'm worried the weapons will be all over the place for the table top.

Oh wow, like we're the only ones with flyers.

Magnetize your suits. Don't be a moron.

>Magnetize your suits
I remember looking this up 3 years ago when I got them and thinking it was way too much work for me when I fuck up assembling balsa wood planes. Also expensive.

All my special weapons are magnetised

Go Go Battle Harem!

>implying flyrants won't be forced to slot into flyers
You're delusional if you think that six flyrants: the list isn't getting nerfed. There will be two entries in the Nid dex:

HQ: Hive Tyrant, no option to purchase wings
Flyer: Flying Tyrant, has wings.

You want to get into 40k then do it. Unless you want to be a tourney player then just do what you want and worry about specifics later.

>warhammer40000.com
I keep forgetting that site exists.

Looking over it now though, it looks like we can expect CSMs to get a soft, trademark-friendly rebranding as "Heretic Astartes". I guess it fits, but it doesn't sound as weighty as "Traitor Astartes".

You've got to get some fleurs-de-lis or decoration on them somewhere. They don't look nearly loyal enough.

You can get like 20 magnets for 5 euros (at least where I live, which happens to be one of the most expensive countries in EU). If you want make it easy just slap the magnet to the arm/shoulder and on the gun and be done with it. If you want to put the extra effort on it you can carve the arms/guns to fit the magnet inside it.

I think it's a sensible move. I don't see why flyers have to compete with other fast-attack choices for slots.

That said I kinda want the hydra and similar AA batteries to go in the Flyer slot. That way I wouldn't feel like I'm wasting Heavy/Fast slots on flyers that may or may not exist.

>So will all fighters get +1 BS, or just a special rule that lets them move and fire at full BS? I think the former is the better choice just for one less special rule, but then you figure in hovering...

Why are orks with Necrons and Tau? I feel like the horde Xenos should be grouped.

There was this leak or something that said most of the flyer weapons would be assault version of any heavy weapons with reduced range.

user. I might be being a retard here but are you using just standard Castellan Green for your vehicles?

Do you have a PLOG or something?

What if they just become like Jump Infantry again?

That was retracted by Natfka I think.

They are not entirely SoB, mostly using their rules to represent an Inquisitor personal army. They are missing more paint on the face so they don't look animic and some golden details, because gold is the best colour.

The vehicles are going to have more SoB and Imperial imagery. Planning to add some chained wings on some of the transports, the Penitent Engines or on their own base and use them as AoS markers

Magnets or pins

I think he does, I've seen these tanks before

>Perfect warriors
>Albino

Retarded.

Why is she wearing her bolt pistol on the hip that she'd use if she was drawing with the power fist?

REEEEEEEE

how common is it for daemons of different chaos gods working together if not called upon by mortal cultists? Also, are the chaos gods just super powerful daemons, or are they something separate from the rest of the daemonic populous?

It's not Castellan Green, but it's close. I wanted to go FULL SHERMAN and grabbed some Tamiya XF-62, said to be as close to proper Wartime olive Drab as possible. I also wanted to try at least one competitor to GW paint and BOY do I regret it. Hand-painting that stuff without getting brush marks everywhere is much more difficult than the thicker GW product.

Do yourself a favor: if you want to play the hand-brush game, go Castellon green and don't look back.

I'm also less and less satisfied with this picture. The lighting is all wrong and the phone camera is captial-S shit.

They can defeat any foe...except the sun OH GOD HELP WE NEED SPF50!

Daemons will work with eachother during invasions. After that they kill eachother and try to decide who's the real winner.

The Chaos Gods are actually gods.

Thanks user. I have been looking for inspiration for my guard and do have a soft spot for SPACE SHERMANS and love the look of yours.

May I ask what colour the guardsmens fatigues are?

Chaos Gods can work together to dick someone over. Once that someone has been dick over, they usually will fight each other

Faces are mostly about getting the shading right I think, but I've only had moderate success with them. However, I've only done flesh tone flesh, not pallid greys.

How good do you guys think Command Points will be? I'm excited, because if they are good, it'll be so easy to have a shitload for muh Orkz

What do you guys think of the rumor GW will just fuck with everyone and release 8e rules tomorrow?

The Fatigues are Death World Forest. One of GW's most reliable paint colors, I find.

And the circular symbols are from the Iron Hands Transfer sheet courtesy of FW.

Where did you hear that?

Even better they pull a Konami and start a TCG

With plastic Sisters of Battle as card holders

>I feel like the horde xenos should be grouped

no go fuck yourself

They're not like, grouped as in "they're friends" it's just easy ways to divide all the races

Orks/Tau/Necrons are all too individualized so they can't buddy up with anyone, Eldar/DarkEldar/Harlequins/Ynnari make for a perfect book

Even 'Nids and GSC are technically different armies, while bros

It's not so much as "Orks are with Necrons and Tau", it's more like the teacher pairing students up into groups for a project together

it's not coming before june

I'm retarded it was for him

they're pretty shit

you can only use one per phase, bid with them for turn 1, some of the effects sound pretty lack luster, activate ONE unit during the charge phase, like ggggg

but then how come its not Blood Angels and Necrons they actually do projects together

because even though blood angels and necrons text each other sweet nothings they're still forced to play with the other white christian boys

"Fuck me in the ass because I love Jesus" loophole?

Are weapons magnetizable? I'd have thought they're too small to work properly.

Bit of an old picture, removed the numbers on the Tauroxes, and gonna add green tiberium crystals to the bases. Adding an Imperial Knight styled like a Nod Avatar Mech. Have another Start Collecting Box in the works. Need to add troopers with flamers and GLs since those will be vastly improved in the coming edition. Goodbye Hellrain Brigade Formation. ;-;

Cheers user. You're a right gentlemen.

I wish your guardsmen good fortune.

ssshhh just let it happen. We don't have to let those mean inquisitors know.

Oh and add custom Brotherhood of NOD transfers I printed out to the vehicles.

Nids and Orkz working together wouldn't work for so many fucking reasons

It is only heresy if another Inquisitor lives long enough to tell.

Trust me I'm an Inquisitor that use "special" psykers and living "saints"
[Wink]

Have you seen holes in the Bolter muzzles? Well there magnets of that size and smaller. You can add magnets to everything with enough patientce or money

>tfw can't post my stuff because it's already packed for the tourney tomorrow
Fug.

Wish me luck, boys. I'll do my best to spread the Omnissiah's glory.

Hopefully not too flexible and busted.

Not a fan of the whole "bidding for turn 1" thing. Otherwise, could be a decent concept.

This right now feels like everyone gets Act of Faith but better.

01000111 01101111 01101111 01100100 00100000 01001100 01110101 01100011 01101011 00100000 01000010 01110010 01101111 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110010 00100001

Do we know yet if Command points will be faction specific or generic or a mix of both?

Giving faction based command point bonuses would be an easy way to add "unique FOCs" without actually adding FOCs in the codices.

I knw they;re not allied. Jees man you need to cool it! I just figured if you're going to group up the Xenos Codices you might as well put hordes with hordes and empires with empires. Plus, why give tyranids their own dex and then stuff 3 other xenos factions in another?

Ahahahah how the fuck is the xeno alliance even real? Like they are all so incompatable nigger ahahaha.

I can confirm. I ordered a bunch of magnets from ebay and most of the ones I bought were 200 for a few dollars. If you go china, you're paying close to a penny per magnet he most expensive ones I bought were 1x1mm which was $10 for 50, but I don't have to use them as much as my 2x1mm.

Pic related is some of my fucking around with magnets while building my NL. I didn't think I'd have as much fun as I did, and it wasn't that hard at all.

look at the aos books

death is like ten pages

I'm sure it'll be like the psychic rules, everyone knows a few generic ones while also having unique stuff specific to them

From an Imperial perspective, xenos are all just The Enemy Withoutâ„¢, and the lore has always been extremely Imperium-centric. Probably GW's rationale behind making Xenos a single "alliance".

Speaking of generic and specific stuff, I sure hope we get a glimpse at how Warlord rules will look like. Hopefully no more random ones.

Why are nids so cute?

Didn't they say you'd be able to choose warlord traits so they behave the same every match?

>Unpopular 40k opinions
Am I the only person that wishes the Orks were just removed from the setting completely? They're just ridiculous and add absolutely nothing. I know they're meant to be there for comic effect but it detracts from the lore and feel of 40k completely.