Kamigakari Thread

Well, its time once again.

Have you done anything interesting with the system? made any interesting characters? Played any interesting games? Have any questions or doubts about rules or wording?

Well, you are in the right place.

Baseline stuff
mediafire.com/file/183vmgy8b3w1uj3/Kamigakari.rar

Expansions and errata
pastebin.com/u/RoyalTeaRed

Google Docs Character sheet (for if you play online)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xY5uiJleOpnlh93SGLq2_iKteOFZnlMH1X-MtEDsWsw/edit#gid=0

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/rikizo001/media
pastebin.com/ZxvQdS6J
pastebin.com/pwyXbenK
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My first question is for kamigakari user. If and when you get here, could you post some of that twitter art so i can use it as thread starters? i've only got 9 pics to work with and i don't like repeating so soon.

Huh. I just thought of this, but some sort of cyborg with divine talker talents could be a vocaloid.

Playing an idol or something of the sort with a secret double life isn't exactly new or anything, but it is interesting to balance while playing.

Something else i just noticed, digital sorcerer gets very little love overall, despite being a thematically interesting choice.

Hacking reality is pretty cool, all things considered.

What is the main mechanic of this game?

How is combat?

How is character creation?

lots of questions

I want to run a My Hero Academia game at some point in the near future, and I don't think I have a GURPS tutor within 400KM so I'm interested in this.

Can it be done?

Someone asked this in a previous thread.

Simpler quirks are stupid easy. For example, hardening types are covered by dragon carrier B. Elemental ones like bakugo's or todoroki's by elemental adept.

The more complex you get, the more creative you need to be, but thats also part of the fun.

Combat is the main thing in this game. Things that don't happen are somewhat free form, and mostly up to Roleplay, rather than rollplay. There are maneuvers to be used for various checks, but these are in extraneous circumstances.

So far as combat goes, its got several unique systems that add variety to the battle.

These include but are not limited to a spirit pool of 4 dice you can use to power abilities or alter rolls, Engagements which allows for effective "Tanking", action restrictions based on how far you move in a turn, and other more minor things.

So far as character creation, its all static numbers. There is no rolls, so making what you want is a matter of choosing the options you think work best. Currently there is a fair few races to choose from, and styles (which amount to classes), which each have a focus, and are split into A and B type's which further split that focus. As an example, dragon carriers rely on their transformations, but that transformation is offensive with dragon carrier A, and defensive with dragon carrier B.

next set of questions?

>things that don't happen
don't happen in combat, my bad.

Could I use a chess board as a grid?
I know it sounds stupid, but I'm only on page 4, so I don't know yet how big encounters are supposed to be.

Actually, yes. You probably could.

The thing about encounters is that your character will always take up 1 square, regardless of the actual scale of the conflict.

The squares could be 5, 50, or 500 feet, and this would not actually affect combat too terribly. At least not in the 2d sense of a board.

A good way to put it is that "An encounter is only as large as the DM wants it to be"

If you need extra space though, i'd suggest getting a few chessboards with as little edge as possible, and putting them next to eachother as needed.

What is the setting about?

What is the coolest power in the game? you know something to sell this thing to my 5e players

>what is the coolest power in the game

Whats the coolest anime power you can think of? probably that. it'll change from person to person, but the system is built around stupid high power BS like that. There's only been 3 things so far that can't be emulated. One of them is an a monster with no actual abilities to speak of, one of them is magic space jesus from evangelion, and the other is a control type ability like lelouch or the girl from mondaiji. Everything else so far has been accounted for, to my knowledge. Mixing and matching is not only possible, but actively encouraged.

So far as the setting goes, the basic setting involves a city called hisashiro. In this town, many groups and such work together to defeat aramitama, which are basically high level calamities given physical form. Your characters are god hunters that have all inherited a "Shard" from some event, whether that be birth or given to you by someone else" making you an "Inheritor". This gives you abilities well and above the average human, bordering on impossible.

Each player character even gets their own personal hammerspace.

mmm can you do the jajanken from hunter x hunter?

The kamehameha from dragon ball?

The shadow clone jutsu?

>Jajanken
Easy.
>kamehameha
Easier

>Shadow clones
Technically, yes. Dark hunter gets "Shadow double" as a talent, but it doesn't give you an outright clone. Alternatively, you could work with your DM to use contractor B to have 1 health clones of yourself.

Sold

The game is extremely refluff friendly, so if something doesn't quite work, feel free to refluff it. So long as nothing mechanical changes, the game outright encourages it.

This goes both for items and talents.

For example, i emulated sunlight yellow overdrive from jojo part 1 by using the racial talent for scion [99 Regalia] and the arc slayer talent [Secrets of the destroyer]

another fun fact since hunter x hunter was brought up, i made killua as an example a thread or two back.

Human with dark hunter A/B and Elemental Adept A/B. He's got traits from all 4, so you can pick and choose what you want.

Are you asking for the twitter URL again or do you want me to post the art for some reason? (I mean you can look at it yourself so I'm confused!)

Also, I have Altered Space-Time so I'll be giving a small preview.

Either or would work. I just need more pics to use in the thread or as a thread starter.

Also, YES.

Oh, sure thing. twitter.com/rikizo001/media

It's the author, Rikizou's personal account. Now has Altered pictures too!

Sweet. Working with just 9 pictures is a bit of a pain. This'll help a lot.

Holy shit was that an exaggeration. Guy had a ton of pictures on his twitter.

On top of that, he had more pics of bow-loli and cyborg girl. I find both of them interesting.

>An exaggeration
I meant an understatement. I really need to stop typing so fast and proofread what i'm saying.

Typing*

typing is a verb, not a noun. you wouldn't capitalize it.

Altered Space-Time is the newest expansion, released just two weeks ago as of this post. It is a Story & Data book, which basically means it's a book that focuses on some aspect of the setting, and offers several scenarios surrounding it, along with just a bit of data. The fourth expansion book, Embers That Burn for the Girl, is like this too. While that one focused on the Demon Hunter Society, Altered Space-Time focuses on what it says right on the tin: wacky time and space shenanigans.

The first 11 or so pages gives setting info. It focuses on explaining the particulars of having time adventures and spatial shenanigans. It talks about a new type of Aramitama that emerged after Purgatory Night that can control time itself, and gives particulars on that, plus some other details. Then it provides a new sample city like Embers did, and three new NPCs, all of them lady Marebito with the auspicious names of Clotho, Lachesis, and Atropos.

Auspicious names indeed. The three fates aren't names to take lightly.

Then we get to the data. It starts off with three sample PCs, then moves to player options. Unfortunately no Talents at all, just purely items, and no Additional Effects. As advertised, we get SIX (6) pages of Form: Sword. Most of these seem to be famous swords throughout history. Their kanji will destroy me. Then we get one page each of the other Forms. Of humorous note, there's a Matchlock and a Flintlock in the Form: Ranged items. From there, there's one pages of Protector/Suits, three (?!) pages of Protector/Shields, and two pages of Accessories.

That's all for the player data. For GM data, there's two pages of new sample Distortions, which all seem to be somewhat higher level/more lethal than the ones in the main book. One's Sense is 18/22, and its B effect is giving the Boss 50 HP. It also deals 7d6 armor-ignoring damage if it's flubbed. Ouch. After that there's more Mononoke, 7 per type, for a total of 56 Mononoke. The four scenarios are actually in between this, but I wanted to mention them separately.

man, i knew there was a shitload of items, but seriously? 6 pages of famous swords? Thats a bit overboard.

These four scenarios are not linked, they're separate things. They are level 1, 2, 3, and then 10, and each one deals with a different time-space shenanigan. The first is called "The Girl of Loss" and its title picture involve a Jorougumo (or a spider girl, if you prefer). It's set in the Heian era. Scenario two is titled "The Two Saint Georges" and has a title picture of a girl shooting a snake-like Aramitama with a sniper rifle. The third is set in the modern era, in the new sample city, and has the same title as the book: Altered Space-Time. It focuses around a particular Distortion, and its title image has a lamia chick (there's a strong monster girl theme in this book I guess). The last one is a doozy, titled "The Great Demon War" and is set in 1944. The title image is a Vega-looking dude looking straight up manical.

Interestingly enough, each scenario comes with its own Boss data, but Scenario 2 (the Saint Georges one) has TWO Bosses. There are also scenario-specific items in the back of the book. To give an example, the "Holy Sword Ascalon" is used in Scenario 2, and says it can have ALL [Forms] applied to it, but can only be used by the one who bears the title of "Saint George" (which as you'll recall, is only given to high-ranking Templars; I suspect the scenario therefore deals with the 'certain Godhunter' mentioned in Teresa Cross's profile). It's used to cancel out the second boss's silly OP ability, which lets it recover 1000 HP every End timing.

And that's all I got for you.

The scenario's themselves sound pretty fun, all things considered.

The saint george one seems to be of particular interest due to its more unique mechanics.

Still waiting for some acquaintances who have played Night Wizard to try this so I can hear a direct comparison.

I've never even heard of night wizard, so you got me on that one.

Hey, a friend and I are trying to understand the system and while some things make sense, others just seem strange (the idea of calculating damage with PD and ranks at the same time?). Could someone here give me the time of day and help me understand this?

Having translated both of those, they're narratively pretty close (there's no 'common sense' enforcement in Kami but it's still secret, you still fight in barriers, etc) however Kami is mechanically... I would say better, but I guess it depends on what attracts you to Night Wizard. NW felt very samey and boring to me, Kami has interesting dice mechanics with the dice pool and swapping. It has a similar 'mix and match classes to make your own thing', but also it is inherently less wacky in design, even if it's not without humor.

So I'd say Kami is the more serious big sister that teases sometimes, whereas Night Wizard is the spontaneous little sister who has a closet full of anime.

Totally.

When you calculate rank, this is your base damage. You roll 2d6 (or higher if you alter it somehow), and the highest of the two rolls is your baseline. You then multiply this by the rank you currently have, and this is your baseline damage.

After this, you add PD so as to further increase the damage from there.

The formula is like this
>(RankXHighest roll)+PD=Damage

Damage is then mitigated by evasion/resist, halving effects,and armor/barrier in that order.

So evasion isn't a 'beat this to not get hit, it's more Damage Reduction?

No, it is a "Beat this to get hit". Resist usually only halves, but in terms of the steps for mitigation, they take place at the same time, as one is for physical damage and the other for magical.

also, if you have multiple effects that halve damage, you continue to divide damage by 2 for each one you have. So half, quarter, eighth, and so on.

sorry, beat this to not get hit.

Once again, typing to fast.

Alright, I think I get it. This was a hurdle. The book is strangely put together, and running my 'hands' through the pages trying to make sense of it makes things really hard.

It's a game about modern day wizards (i.e. any supernatural creature) fighting evil wizards away from muggles' prying eyes. Which is what they have to do, because if any muggle witnessed their wizardry, they would be instantly erased from existence. Consequently, there are no rules for interactions outside of combat in Lunar Caskets. Characters don't even have any stats that tell you anything about what the character is like, only combat statistics.
But there are lots and lots of classes. And you combine two of them to create your character. More options than you can shake a stick at. Except most of those options are boring and redundant both within classes and across classes because they completely forgot to make combat interesting.

And my concern about Kamigakari from reading it is that it falls into the same trap. The Spirit Pool is a neat gimmick on paper, but it is nothing more than a modification to the core resolution system and without interesting subsystems built around it, it will not be anything more than a neat gimmick. And I have yet to recognize any interesting subsystems in that game.

No offense, but I'm not buying your defense. For the abovementioned reason and because as the translator, you're biased.

Er, I translated *both games*, Kamigakari and Night Wizard 3rd edition. And I'm not interested in "defending" Kamigakari at all. If you don't like it, that's fine?

Take it one step at a time user. there's no rush. Feel free to ask any more questions you have. I'll get to them to the best of my ability.

Well then don't worry. For social stuff, kamigakari does make a point of giving you things that interact with it. Covers, bonds, your crest, and a fair few other things leave social stuff and character customization pretty open to you.

For the spirit pool, its more dynamic than you would think. Especially because you can use [Timing: unique] Talents at any time they are viable, provided you can pay the cost. So this means stacking tons of stuff, weird effects, and many other things.

Each class is distinct to itself, and has two subsets with a different focus. No two so far fill exactly the same niche, to my knowledge.

One note on this comment

>is a neat gimmick on paper, but it is nothing more than a modification to the core resolution system

If you simplify something far enough, this is still true.

How does a standard combat turn work out in this system?

I have a question that someone might hopefully help me with. Talents like Dragon Carrier B’s “Guard” and Legacy User B’s “Regalia of Protection” serve as abilities for taking damage meant for someone else, and they make perfect sense. What I don’t really understand is the difference between those talents and talents like God Hand B’s “Divine Dragon Defense” or Divine Talker B’s “Hymn of Protection”.

The fluff descriptions of those latter talents seem to imply they are only meant to work on [Area] attacks, but I don’t really see why that is the case from reading the mechanics. “Change the [Target] of the target's [Attack Action] to [1#], and the user takes the [Damage]” makes it sound like it would work against any attack. Am I missing something that makes them only work on [Area] attacks, or is it just the fluff being misleading?

When you take your turn, you're granted two Timings: Prep, and Attack. In most other systems this would just be called a Move Action and an Attack Action. You have to spend your Prep before you make any Attacks, however you choose to spend it. This could be on nothing. This could be on a move action. It could be on a buff Talent, or whatever. Then you attack, and well, that's an attack. Then you're done.

Did you mean anything in specific?

I think you're right, it's perfectly fine to use those on any kind of attack. The reason why you wouldn't want to use them on non-Area attacks is because it's rather costly if all you're going to do is pull a single target to yourself. It can also only be used once per round, whereas Guard can be used over and over.

Also, I'm going to bed, but before I go, I translated the Divine Soul extra talents.

pastebin.com/ZxvQdS6J Catch 'em there.

See you tomorrow!

I'm mostly curious about the flow.
How are initiatives determined?
How is damage calculated?
Is there any way of acting while not on your turn?

I can easily re-fluff Kamigakari to run a Persona campaign. Or Fate/Stay. Or Noragami. Even Boku no Pico. Good stuff.

Almost everything is determined by rolling 2d6+mod. You can improve or decrease the result of a roll as you see fit by swapping out the roll's dice for your pre-rolled spirit dice.

To add to this , there's talents that can be only used at the start of a round, which are [Timing: start]. These are talents like dragon carriers crystal install/transformation.

As well, timing unique's do not fall anywhere, and can be used whenever applicable. For example, you can stack timing unique talents as many times you wish onto an attack, under the stipulations that you can pay the cost, as well as not use the same one twice. Other than this, the sky is the limit. Another use is to stack as many unique "Use on damage reduction" effects as possible, to mitigate the largest amount of damage possible.

Sweet, new talents are always good.

is there some sort of advancement in this game?

how many options do players have for character creation?

There are 20 levels to go through, in fact, with each level getting you another Talent, and the levels that are multiples of 5 giving you access to a special High Talent, which is way better than normal Talents.

There are lots and lots of character options! There are twelve Styles, and each Style is divided into two Types, so a total of 24 options. Plus 12 Races, which you'll pick one of. You can make a unique combination out of that, and each choice gives you a list of Talents to pick from when doing chargen or leveling up. Even if characters share a certain Style, like say Arc Slayer A, their second Style, their Race, and which of the styles is their Main, will make them play differently from each other.

Not to mention the wealth of item options.

Yes, there's advancement. Each level you gain 1 talent and 2 points to put into stats. you can't put both points into the same stat.

At levels with a multiple of 5, you can get what are called high talents. These are generally more powerful talents. They can do effects like giving you extra attacks, new style's, learning an ultimate from a style besides your main one, and so on. You also gain a free racial talent at these levels as a bonus.

As for options, more than you could shake a stick at. There's at least 7 races, at least 12 style's, and each style has an A version and a B version, each of which have a separate focus. The items are pretty diverse, if you look into the expansions. Customizing them is also a task unto itself.

Is there something like a combat example?

i'm not sure what you mean by a combat example

you know like an in play combat

Character A: i attack
Then player A rolls and bla bla

so you want the average combat turn?

Well, that depends on if you melee or ranged. If you melee, you run in to start with. You'd choose to use a talent to increase your damage from your [Timing: Attack] talents. Once you do this, you would choose however many timing unique talents to stack with it that you can pay for without repeating the same one, and then make your roll.

So for example, Secrets of the destroyer with 99 Regalia to improve its range (in case you can't quite make it to melee range), and Spirit void to potentially increase your damage. Yin style as well if you want to increase your odds of hitting.

So that would math out to rolling 2d6+accuracy. Adding the difference in your accuracy and their evasion to your PD, and then multiplying the highest of your original two rolls and multiplying it by rank. You'd end up with Rank damage+Modified PD.

Then the enemy uses any talents they can at the time to mitigate as well as they can, and then it goes on to the next person.

Thats the average melee fighters turn. Its much more dynamic than i can put it though, because whether you can pay a cost define's what you can do in a turn.

how narrative can the combat be?

Extremely, if your DM wants to put in the effort.

I'll say it in other way

I completely loathe combat systems similar to dnd4e, is this similar?

I've never played DnD 4e, so i couldn't really tell you.

At some level, almost all systems will fall into a certain rhythm, so it depends heavily on what about 4e's combat you didn't like

It's pretty similar, I'd say.

And now Heroic Spirit is done!

Sweet. One of the players in my group uses heroic spirit, so that'll be cool for him. Thanks for the work kamigakari user!

And with Marebito done that's a hat trick. Zzz.

I have never seen a single game for the system and I truly doubt that I ever will.

Whats stopping you from starting one?

I don't want to..

How does this system handle character resources, seeing that it's about attack boosting?

MP? Everything replenishes per day or after encounter?

How it handles them is through use of your spirit pool.

How it works is that at the start of the session, you roll 4 dice. These dice are used to either alter rolls, or power talents. You can get more of these spirit dice through talents, And there is a special type called overflow that counts as anything from 1-6.

These dice are replenished at the start of every scene (out of combat) or at the start of each round (in combat). In either case, you only re-roll the dice you have outright used to power talents.

Altering rolls means replacing one of the 2d6 rolls with a higher or lower one from your spirit pool, essentially rotating them.

This leads to a dynamic where you won't always be able to use everything, but the few times you can use the majority of it will feel amazing.

Altering the rolls is called "Influencing" and you may only influence up to the point that one of the original dice is left.

if you have 2d6 rolls, its 1. 3d6, you can influence 2.

Holy hell that sounds pretty good.
Could you give me a ruñdown of the base talent trees? If that's not too much trouble.

well... see that is a bit of trouble. If you just want the cliffnotes, thats not hard. But going over everything would be tedious, as there's way too many classes and races.

First and foremost are common talents and high talents. Common talents are generally weak, but provide methods for doing things, like dual wielding. High talents are much stronger, and are gained every 5 levels, along with a racial talent. High talents give things like extra attack timings, more spirit dice, and even extra style's. They also let you learn a style ultimate that isn't from your main style. Main style ultimates can be obtained at level 3. Racial talents are about equal with Style talents, and provide interesting options.

Cont.

Now for the style's themselves.

Each style has a main focus, and then each style type (A/B) has a specific focus there in.

Arc slayers focus on weapons, like swords and such. Arc slayer A focus's on sheer damage, while B focus's on evasion and more utility based abilities.

Dragon carrier A is based around its transformations, and its skills there of. A is focused on offensive abilities, where-as B is based on Sheer defense.

Dark hunter is the ninja archetype. It focus's on speed and control of the battlefield. A is offensively focus'd, using various talents that move or mess with the enemies. B is focus'd on movement, and is the only style that allows ranged and magic actions when making a move action without penalties.

Elemental adept is exactly as it sounds. It focus' on elements to attack or support. A uses elements to enchant weapons or attack outright, hopefully hitting on a weakness. Elemental adept B uses an element to cover for weaknesses or help your allies in various ways.

Elder mage focus's on sheer magical damage. Its the arc slayer of magic damage. Elder mage A focus' on making a single magic attack into a nuke. Elder mage B is the first class that focus's on healing, and the only one in the main book.

Last is digital sorcerer. These guys focus on controlling spirit die, relegating them mostly to support. Type A specializes in magic attacks and hindering opponents, on top of controlling spirit die to help with nuking They. B is mostly support altering the abilities of teammates. A's automatic ability allows others treats the cost of a single talent as paid, where-as B's automatic talent Gives them one overflow dice, if the digital summoner can afford to use either of them.

Expansion content up next.

Thanks for the major effort. Really sorry about this.

Oh yeah, if I may ask, can you take talents from other styles?

In expansion one, there are three more style's. God hand, contractor, and divine talker.

God hand is exactly like it sounds. it specializes in unarmed combat. A focus's on hitting as hard as possible with your fists. A focus' on grapples and pins, as well as using improvised weapons. God hand B is the only style able to use "Improvised weapons".

Contractor is exactly as it sounds. you contract with something for its assistance. Contractor A allows you to summon a bound steed, and focus's on speed and movement. The steed can be anything from a horse to a motorcycle. B allows you to summon bound primals, which are essentially friendly versions of enemies.

Divine talker is the straight up support style. A focus' on helping others offense, where as B helps their defense. Of themselves, they can't do a whole lot.

To start with you can take 2 style's. One is a main style, and any others are sub style's so to speak. You can gain any talents from a style you have, assuming you meet the level requirements. You can only take ultimates from sub-style's if you get the high talent for it. You can get your main style's talent as you please at level 3. Talents with a dot require level 2, regardless of sub or main style. You can have up to 5 style's total, if you spend all your high talents on them.

Lastly are the classes from the third expansion. Legion, legacy user, and time wizard.

Legion is a military equivalent. A is focused on straight up attacking, where B focus's on tactics and explosives.

Legacy user is a special class that allows you to use "Godforged regalia". These are special weapons or armors that can be used by this class alone, and get special effects there-of. A is focused on weapons, where-as B is focused on Armors. Its also one of the few ways to have a legit mech.

Time Wizard is what it sounds like. It focus's in altering time. Type A focus's on speeding yourself up, like kiritsugu in fate/zero. Type B focus's on slowing and even stopping time for enemies, like sakuya izayoi from touhou.

And thats all the style's, currently. There are extra talents for races in the fourth expansion, and extra talents for style's in the fifth.

And just because i haven't posted a pic in far too long, have a cyborg girl.

Thanks. Sounds pretty interesting.

Are there any out of combat skills?

Yes. there are stat checks and maneuver checks. Stat checks are just sheer checks. "i want to move this train" make a str check.

Other things, like climbing, diplomacy, and other more mundane things, are maneuvers. Anything that isn't attacking or moving normally is likely a maneuver. Climbing, swimming, tracking, disguising, negotiating, there's a whole host of maneuvers, each tied to a specific stat.

These all sound like very awesome scenarios to get translated down the line, whenever you get the other books finished enough to give you the time. Really look forward to the GM section of Book 2 and the sweet new look and finished Book 1. I can't wait to get a printed out copy to enjoy along with the original J-release core book. The items from the newest book sound like solid additions even if the names melt your brain, save it in a jar so you can finish all the book translations in the future.

I'm jazzed for all the info on societies, GM sections, etc. before the scenarios or replays, but every thing you do on Kamigakari translation is bringing us forward into seeing a new enjoyable to enjoy across the world.

As to negative comments about not liking the rules or anime or whatever that pop up in these threads, I'm sure everyone can find a game they like without belittling those they don't.

Kamigakari has a fan base here, thanks first to Rikizo, but also to your diligent translation moving at such an impressive pace. Thanks so much.

56 Mononoke are impressive and will be welcome at every table, but all the tools from the other books are kickassery needed first!

I can't wait to start converting things from the Malleus Monstorum for Call of Cthulhu and my favorite anime characters either directly or as inspirations.

Surprisingly, we've gotten admittedly little anime hate. We've also barely gotten any real rule hate.

Most of the people i've seen in threads have all just had a solid interest in the system

I'm trying to pin down the right "aesthetic" for what art I use for my upcoming Kamigakari game. I don't wanna go too scifi.

well, cyborgs are a legit thing, so its not like you can go too far in the other direction either.

Its a balance. Still, good luck with your game user. Tell us how it goes.

Hey, thanks for the positive comments!

The negative comments are fine; everyone's entitled to their opinion. If someone doesn't like the game, that's valid. But so is liking the game, so I don't see any need to "defend" it, if that makes sense. I'm not getting frustrated or exasperated or anything! My enthusiasm for the game is quite strong still.

Thank you! Marebito probably isn't one of the more popular races. But I happen to love it.

Also seeing the game is getting fantasy attention in a scenario made me see how awesome Kamigakari could work for that genre along with the modern games. I suspected the same was true of Double Cross, but never got to read the fantasy replays for it,

I looked at the Grancrest translation and was a little let down by it not having the super flash moves, same with Sword World not changing much over the years for a more epic mode.

Anyone else thinking of taking the game in an epic fantasy, Exalted-but-better direction? I could groove on that idea for a while.

Marebito are going to get some love for me. Its a decent and good trope for a race!

I keep forgetting Kami does a wonderful job of keeping range manageable! If only more games would learn that lesson.

Well, uh... I mean if you read the last page or so, it talks about other settings using that same ruleset, right?

Sacred Dragoon is Rikizou's other system that uses that set of rules. I haven't translated like anything from it except for the very very beginning schpiel thing.

You can read that here: pastebin.com/pwyXbenK

(It's high fantasy as heck.)

That it does. Especially once you get dark hunter involved. Then the games range becomes almost completely unimportant.

This system seems REALLY up my alley.
Now I just need a GM.

How do we gain extra spirit die?
It seems a lot of the abilities need 6 cost or more.
Is overflow die able to be used to cast abilities?

Also, how does timing work?

Power to make infinite number of copies of myself?

This game looks really interesting and I want to give it a whirl with some friends. It looks like it'd be easier for me to run a game on an actual table space but I want to give a crack at it on Roll20. I can't for the life of me figure out how I can get Kamigakari working on there, y'know to get a character sheet implemented. I guess I could just have all the sheets as PDF files but it'd be nice if I could get everything into one place.