He actually reads the guides/handbooks

>he actually reads the guides/handbooks

Other urls found in this thread:

dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/adam-bradford-leah-koons-dd-beyond
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I miss having quest threads on Veeky Forums

Same here.

These threads are getting more lame by the day.

Sage, get the hell out of here.

Aye. Better a handful of mediocre quests than a mountain of shit-tier bait.

3rd

But user, now we have extra room for the 100's of:
>STAT ME!!!!
>subtle fetish/furry thread
>not subtle fetish/furry thread
>why is (x) the best card?
>which is the cutest elf girl for my archer?
>something something something gay something isn't gay enough or is too gay
>3.5 wizards are too powerful/not powerful enough
>dungeons and dragons sucks, or doesn't suck

OP here, why do people think this is bait?

I wanted to have a serious discussion about the merits of reading entire books of shit versus just picking up knowledge through osmosis, reading what people write, watching YouTube videos or listening to podcasts, etc.

Veeky Forums used to grok the purpose of threads better, now everybody is butthurt about shitty quest cancer threads and just shit on real discussions.

faggot

>>"subtle"

Really hoping that a new mod takes over and lets quests back on Veeky Forums.

>everybody is butthurt about shitty quest cancer threads
That's because the majority of Veeky Forums is either neutral or in favor of quests on Veeky Forums.

Because the /a/ transplants that came with quests never left and they resent not having a place to do their shitposting, when all they have to do is click twice and be at a board filled with the material they want.

As to the thread, I read all the handouts and always read the books for a game. Everyone should. There is literally no reason not to unless you're literally illiterate or have a severe learning disability. Otherwise just take some time and read this shit.

>>/qst/
go have fun, you dont need Veeky Forums for everything.

ded board is ded

So go make it live instead of whining here.

it wouldn't be dead if you faggots left this board or -----god forbid---contribute to threads instead of shitting on everyone elses

Sorry, I couldn't be bothered to read the OP.

Could someone point me to a podcast that explains what he said?

Veeky Forums is where the potential roleplayers are, because this is the board where the roleplayers hang out.

That's why quests were so popular here when they were allowed. There were lots of players because the players were already on Veeky Forums for other reasons. Quests aren't a big enough draw to sustain a board on their own.

dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/adam-bradford-leah-koons-dd-beyond

Here ya go

So they're boring unless you're fagging up a different board with your attention whore shit, makes sense

Quest threads are more popular on Veeky Forums, yeah.

>Quests aren't a big enough draw to sustain a board on their own.
And yet they were choking out discussion on Veeky Forums. Ever seen the front page of Veeky Forums completely blocked out by quests, along with the next page, and half of the next one? Then you open up the catalog and you realize that half the fucking threads are quests?

And considering some of that shit was trash moved from other boards onto Veeky Forums. Now there's a special recycling bin just for the shitty little weeb story times that was cluttering up our beautiful lands.

I'm fucking glad they're gone, even with the shitposts that now serve to replace them. At least the shitposts can be steered into fruitful discussions.

>And yet they were choking out discussion on Veeky Forums.

why must you turn this image board into a house of lies?

this thread has become about how much quests are for faggots who don't even play tabletop games and just want to play make believe online with other faggots...

...so yes, case in point

>why must you turn this image board into a house of lies?
Why must you?
I literally saw that. On multiple occasions. Enough to make me hate fuckign quests. And yes, I didn't have a life since I browsed Veeky Forums pretty much all day for weeks on end back then.

then don't make your OP look like shitty bait. ask an actual question if you actually have one

10-15 threads were the maximum you'd see at any given time
I don't know why they have filter option on this site.nobody uses it

This.

Fuck it.
I'm gonna make shit for my idea for a Quest.

Fuck.
Sorry for bumping the thread.
My bad.

Nah, we'd have that many more threads bumped off the board if quest-cancer was still around.

I certainly don't miss nights where we'd have three simultaneous Pokemon quests on the front page. Everyone hates the questfag that is why /a/ and /co/ whined to get them exiled here. We just can't make the noise those two boards can so it took longer for us to be heard

>the merits of reading entire books of shit versus just picking up knowledge through osmosis

Well, most people are chucklefucks like you think they'll "learn it through osmosis" so they never bother reading a damn thing and instead run wild parroting memes. cf. "psionics in D&D are OP"

It's funny though. Neither the DM or the players I've played with (only twice but still) ever used the information available in the books. There's a lot of neat stuff in D&D nobody uses.

>months later questautists are STILL salty

Fpwp

So go to /qst/ then faggot

Depends.
If there exists a player book I expect the players to read it.
If there only exists a GM version of the book I tell them to only read chargen rules and I take care of the rest

What a disgusting individual.

If the game is so complex that it isn't enough that the GM reads the rulebook and explains the basics to players, gradually teaching them through playing itself, it means that either the game is overcomplicated or your players are stupid/unattentive. Discuss.

I love the new quest-free Veeky Forums, and I can't say it often enough

Well, someone at the table has to read the rules all the way through, and it's better if multiple people do because the designated rules guy isn't infallible.

At the very least, read the sections that concern your character's abilities, especially if you're using some obscure splat.

See this is reasonable. Reading a textbook and memorizing shit? What are we, students cramming for a test?

How do you like all those shit threads getting rid of /wst/, quests, and storytime threads didn't fix?

Are you the same kind of people as that guy that screams WORDSWORDSWORDS when an OotS thread comes up? Literal mouthbreathing, read-5-words-a-minute drooling retards? I think you are.

Then pack your OP in less shitty paper

That factual evidence doesn't matter, because I *feel* that 90% of the board was quests.

>One line of trollish greentext
>Surprised his thread is complete shit

4/20 got me to reply

It's glorious.
>muh 8.6

>getting rid of /wst/, quests, and storytime threads didn't fix?
>storytime threads
We have storytime threads plenty. Why do Questautists need to constantly try and bend reality to fit their narrative? It just makes people neutral on the subject think you're salty assclowns. Like how as soon as Quests were moved, everyone was screeching "IT'S A SLIPPERY SLOPE" and how every other slightly off-topic thread would be banned, which didn't happen. Just seems like genuine autism gone awry.

Keep telling yourself that, one day it might actually be true

I'm so sorry you can't take part in "Naruto quest, the legendary furry jutsu CXXXIVV" on Veeky Forums anymore. Really miss those threads all over page 0.

If you miss quest threads so much then why don't you go to fucking /qst/?

All the people who are interested in playing quest threads are here on Veeky Forums.

Like me.

I'm not going to lurk /qst/, because I only like one or two specific quests and it's not worth my time to lurk a dead board, but if those quest threads were on Veeky Forums, you bet I'd be posting in them.

Well thank god they are not on tg then.

The salt from questfags is pretty fun, but the salt when the mods allow quests back on Veeky Forums will crash the global market