Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

Mayday edition

>resources
pastebin.com/Cb3X4ZKW

>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

Previous thread: >Rumors of GHB2: Same ability no longer stack; point increase for all 9"+ shooting unit; prayer is limited to rule of one...

So worth using the Everchosen in a DOT to get the double 6 roll with destiny dice?

>worth
Not really. Better off spending all those points on skyfires and just shooting whatever you wanted to roll 6s on. Neat combo though.

I think you can over do skyfires.

MOONCLAN

First for Grailcast

>Same abilities no longer stack
This is fair, and I'm saying this as a Portal of Skulls wielding Khorne player. The new wording suggests it doesn't stack.
>Points increase for all 9"+ shooting unit
Good, I hate this Fantasy shoot-em-up game we've got. I hope some restrictions get laid down to prevent units from shooting into and out of combat, too.
>Prayer is limited to rule of one
This is unfortunate but understandable.

The odds of getting it with 5 attacks are pretty good even with fixing a single die. I'd like to see him tried with treacherous bond and a bunch of brimstone horrors.

I just wanna do somthing that isn't just skyfires but might still do somthing in a tournie

If same name stuff no longer stacked why would you still need rule of one on spells. Its completely killing Nagash.

He will probably get a points reduction in GHB2

>Le epic foot slogging mele-- acckkk
*Gets cut down by an axe to the face*

Allegiance: Khorne

Leaders
Mighty Lord Of Khorne (140)
- Artefact: Mark of the Destroyer
Exalted Deathbringer (80)
- Ruinous Axe & Skullgouger
- Artefact: Mark of the Destroyer
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Bloodbathed Axe
- Blood Blessing: Bronzed Flesh
Wrath Of Khorne Bloodthirster (360)
- General
- Trait: Unrivalled Battelust
- Artefact: Mark of the slayer
Skullmaster, Herald of Khorne (100)
- Artefact: Harvester of Skulls

Battleline
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxes
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxes
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxes
30 x Bloodletters (300)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
- Khorne Daemon Battleline (Karanak General)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
- Khorne Daemon Battleline (Karanak General)

Units
5 x Skullreapers (140)
- Daemonblades
- 1x Soultearers
5 x Skullreapers (140)
- Goreslick Blades

Battalions
The Goretide (40)
Slaughterborn (80)
Murderhost (20)

Total: 2000/2000

Reposting:

#
If you're dead set on that particular red, try mixing a small amount of balthazar gold of leadbelcher into it to give it a metallic undertone or paint it as a non-metallic metal. The flat red paint makes it look like their armor is plastic or ceramic instead of metal.

Balthazar gold OR leadbelcher. Wish I had noticed that before I looked like an asshole.

>still no full animated construct army using the Tomb King models
Why even live?

This, actually looks good.

Progress on the dwarf steam mech. I'm going for a mid-stride pose.

Do heroes generate skills for the first five levels they start my with in Hinterlands?

replacing the shoulder pads with some kind of robe and they would look way better than the original design

the middle one look like a chef

I really love them, but I think this is one of the reason they have put away them, they use the same slot as SE of Uberkights in armor.

By the way, many people don't like the same mask on all tje SE, but I like the concept of the endless and fearless army; I hope one they give use back another army of "real" knight so we can use this concept too make them feel really different.

No

Do you think they will change the points to per model instead of per 10 or 20?

Are there any links to download the grand alliance books?

I've not played AoS before, but I have an old ogre kingdoms army sitting around that I feel like taking out for a spin.

>Are there any links to download the grand alliance books?
There are no link to the grand alliance books because there is no point.
It's just a collection of the single pdf you can have on the site or the app.
Also super-cheap.

Oh ok, so it's exactly what I'd get from the app? No extra allegiance traits or equipment or anything like that?

Nah, those came about with the Sylvaneth battletome.

There are one or two battalions in them, and that's it.

>check email
>"Buy some Skyniggers!"

Are you for real, GW?

Where does the strength from varanguard and chosen come from? They both seem pretty low damage (especially considering the formers points). I know chosen could at least get good with +wound buffs to make mortal wounds but I can't see any obvious sources for that

Old WHFB guy who wants ti give AoS a chance Here.

I was more upset at them scrapping the setting than the game itself but since Over a year as passed I am willing to give it a chance.

Which books are worth reading to try to get into the AOS fluff, with focus on world building preferably.So far I only read gates of azyr which left me with a meh feeling

Or should I just follow the official reading order and dont focus on anything?

Chosen marked Khorne get +1 to wound from a Lord on a Juggy. 10 of them with a banner then become quite dangerous, but you would never run that instead of Bloodletters.

Varanguard are just shitty, they were bad anyway but not being able to deploy them with a keyword kills any use they could ever have.

Actually the destruction one is JUST warscrolls and some minor fluff. Not a single thing else

Hammers of Sigmar is meant to be one of the better books and explores stormcast, I'm unsure on world building sides of it though. Imho a lot of the focus seems to be on race building instead, to reinforce how you can make a place somewhere for your dudes to exist, in which the battle tomes work well. Think the reading list covers most of that stuff with all the Gates books

Cheers, I'll look into the new khorne tome I think. Really like the idea of mortal chaos but it seems quite limited in terms of rend, mortal and range (much like most armies). Good defence mind with chaos warriors and such

New Khorne tome is sweet. Highly recommend it.

Are the old WHF factions viable to play still? I've got a lot of wood elves sitting about.

TK still has the firepower to match up well and win.

Steamtanks never get old.

Yes.

I still rape face with old dwarfs.

That's good to hear. I always enjoyed my wood elves and I was hoping to give them another showing.

a guy won adepticon with mixed order, used 3 waywatcher lords

OK thanks.

Any books where the old army factions appear? I used to play high elves so is there anything featuring aelve characters?

there're always the same problems: pauldrons are too flat, the abdominal plate and the chest piece aren't a single piece and the proportions are too wide

Most of the armies do well against each other, it's the new battletomes that seem to be on a different level. Sylvaneth v Tzeentch is equal enough, so is dwarves v death. Things get a bit hard when you take an old battletome against a post sylvaneth one

>proportions are too wide

Just like space marines...

Too wide and not tall enough.

Right, so even stormcast have issues with newer battletomes?

Aelves are quite secretive atm, the realms they're based in are closed off. Seems to be building towards a release at some point tied to slaanesh and the gods disappearance, but means lore is light so far.
I'd recommend downloading the sylvaneth tome from the mega and having a little read through the lore section to see how I guess a splinter group of the elves has evolved since the end times, it's interesting if you liked elves.
Only direct lore I know of is specific locations though, such as the spire of dawn and the two elves in silver tower, but doesn't tell you much

Stormcast just got a new one so they're doing alright. They'll always have a boon of unit variety helping them though. Generally unless someone brings a cutting edge list anything can be a close match.
Tbh I try to do narrative cause it's fun just bringing what you want / what fits your dudes lore, but I know lots of people don't like that (neither did I until I tried it). Guess it depends again on who you're playing with and how you balance scenarios

the space marines don't suffer nearly that much from it
not even terminators

the shape of their boots make the legs look slimmer while the pauldrons develop vertically instead of horizontally

Right: On a related topic - Which faction can run a ranged-focused force best? I like my wood elves but I imagine they won't be getting any new battle tomes any time soon so I might end up buying some new stuff as well.

What are you all working on today? Show your progress AoSG

Painting up some revenants but I'm not happy at all with how the sprit side is coming out. Followed a YouTube tutorial and it just looks rough. Think that's the danger of darker washes over a light layer though

i'm painting up a few stormfiends. Ther'es a lot of work to be done, mainly adding some final highlights to the red, giving some more depth to the skin , and ofcourse all the metallics and tubing.

>the not!elf is disgusted at the dwarfish weapon he's been converted to hold

Diaz Seekers

5 done, I'm decoloring another 5 right now.

I'll need to convert 3 of them to be Alluress/Musician/Icon Bearer, which is going to be a pain, but in the end I'm going to have a full unit.

I need to finish my Treelord Ancient and Branchwraith.

Then I can focus on my Tree Revenants.

What's your full army look like now? I've seen you slowly post bits and bobs over the months but it'd be cool to see a big group of em together now

Fluffed my dudes around the ironbark battalion so thought I'd represent that on the models, hence the little runic trinkets on the wood body as well. Harder to make the dwarves look more sylvaneth though, so I'm chalking that up to dwarf stubbornness to change

This isn't all from personal experience but:
Freeguild, lots of shots and shielding units
Skaven, mortal wounds on big artillery and shielding units
Beast claw, mortal wounds from durable monsters
Tzeentch, spell flinging and mortal wounds. Survive through speed and spells
Wild orc thingy, hails of arrows from big unit groups. Survive through numbers
Dwarves are still dwarves
There's WAAC hybrid stuff like sylvaneth kurnoth with hurricane what ya call it, but they're the main shooting lists I remember. Wood elves surprisingly have better melee if I remember right from a few threads ago.

Seraphon can be pretty shooty as well. Bastiladon, Stegadon and Terradons can get shit done at range though not as consistently as others. They make up for this because DINOSAURS WEARING DINOSAURS RIDING DINOSAURS

I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE

WHERE IS NEW DEATH ARMY
WHERE IS NEW DEATH BATTLETOME

FUCK ORDER GETTING NEW SHIT ALL THE FUCKING TIME FUCK FUCK FUCK

You take your 4th week of sky dwarves and enjoy it

>Sky dwarves got my girlfriend into AOS
>Just after I finally got my 40K army how I want it
Welp at least it stops me buying more chaos marine stuff I guess. We Dino's now

>leaving the brain-fetus-rat on
I never attached them because they look dumb.

>DINOSAURS WEARING DINOSAURS RIDING DINOSAURS
metal

No they don't, those helmets look awful on there.

I disagree.
I bet you praise sigmar like a fagget.

Stormcast can be built heavy on dakka.

Luckily I have the army with me (I usually left it at the LGS) because I'm in the middle of fixing the bases.

I'm glad you asked for a photo, I didn't think about making one but now it's nice to have one.

How can you like them? Barring the fact that they don't fit at all stylistically with the rest of the armour, the inferiority of the sculpt quality is just jarring.

It's be like putting a head made from play-doh on a classical sculpture.

Wonder if you can covert the vanguard raptors crossbows into muskets or something

>the old cow- KoS
Mah nigga that's awesome. Close up?

>Death player are dying for new stuff

Thanks

ALL endrinRIGGERS must hang!

I've built my stormfieds how they are suppose to be but can I say they are all equipt with warpfire projectors?

New Death player here.

Why is there atleast one all caps spewer about us in every thread? It's embarasing.

Work around problem instead of waiting for someone else to fix it, that was how WHFB worked, and as far as I've experienced, it's working fine in AoS aswell.

Almost done with bringing my old vampire counts army into AoS, just need to paint up my new more van hellsing style Varghiest. Really helps when you already got 120+ skelingtons sitting around.

Good stuff

This is the internet. Memes and shitposts are king here.

I WANT NEW FUCKING LORE AND ARMIES, NOT WAITING A MILLION FUCKING YEARS AFTER ORDER AND CHAOS GOT NEW FUCKING SHIT

Rules question of what to do with my old WHFB army:
I have two old islands of blood set, 10 white lions and 20 archers except prince on a griphons because I am pretty sure it was accidentally thrown away while moving places, so I can't field a proper guardians of the spire army.

Barring an legacy high elf army, I have the units to to field an whole Eldritch council army since my Blademasters count as battleline there. Does that mean I can only use the archmage and the blademastes and can't put in any other of my high elves in the army to count an eldritch council army?

Also how do I know if my spireguard(old lothern seaguards) can count as battline as I can't find the keyword in their scroll?

Rate my list
Tomb king - general
Kemmler
Manfred on foot
Either one on Balewind vortex
Necromancer
6 x necropolis knights
9 x ushbati
3 x 10 zombies (battleline)
2 x screaming skull catapult
Buffed by
Necrotec
Manfred on vortex doing sniper work or reinforcing spells on ushbati and necro knights
Kemmler running back up reinforcing units/mystic sheild/healing.

Missing liche priest

>taking Manfred
Fuck that traitor.
Replace him with a wight king with black axe.

Any Seraphon players willing to post lists?

Idunno, i'd feel wrong doing it without them at least having some kind of semblance of warpfire-like projectors. But that depends on who you face. I'd personally be fine with you doing that.

I know what you mean. But i'm painting them for a friend, and he found the fetus rats to be funny, so here I am.

Nobody should care.
Worst case just paint the tips of all the weapons glowing green

Ah ok it's just I don't want to field them and then get told I can't do that.

What green would you recommend?

Why is he a traitor? in the last book lord of undeath it shows his loyalty to Nagash. He did fuck end times tho

He was a traitor in Mortrarch of Night

That looks great, the old and new models add some nice variety too. Thanks, user

Been working on my mortal / beast list and it naturally expanded to 1500. Some range, mortal wounds and flight on the chimera, with a big buffed bullgor blob up the middle to hopefully shred whatever. Thought since I had a spare 100 points at the end and needed a battleline I may as well go blood warriors to get some higher save models on there compared to reavers or marauders.
Thoughts?

Allegiance: Chaos
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (140)
- Mount: Steed
- Runestaff
- Artefact: Crown of Conquest
Doombull (120)
- General
- Great Axe
- Trait: Cunning Deceiver
5 x Chaos Knights (200)
- Chaos Glaives
10 x Chaos Warriors (180)
- Halberd & Shield
10 x Chaos Marauders (60)
- Axes & Shields
6 x Bullgors (360)
- Great Axes
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
1 x Chaos Gorebeast Chariots (100)
- Greatblade
- Mark of Chaos: None
Chimera (240)

Total: 1500/1500

Which turned out to be a ploy by Nagash to create uncertainty in Sigmar and the Stormcast, as revealed in Lord of Undeath.

>no mortal wounds other than the chimera

Nice army, but do you live in a brothel?

Not sure where else to get it from inside mortals (and or beasties). Was hoping the Knights and Bullgors -2 would suffice

It's a Slaanesh army. Where else would he live?

Still slowly working on Alarielle, I'll get her finished one day.
being a slow painter is suffering

Because of the light or because I'm messy?

If it is for the light, I like the club effect colored neon do.
I have a few at home, while my bathroom is full LED.

The pink lighting and the pink leopard-print cup(?), most likely. Be honest, user, are you a camgirl?