Would this be an effective way of assaulting a Warlord Titan?

Would this be an effective way of assaulting a Warlord Titan?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TQUsnto_3pw
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Terminator_Titanhammer_Squad
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_West_Africa
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_South_West_Africa
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_East_Africa
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's an effective way to be stupid and try too hard to be dark and edgy

If you are a level 20 PoW/ToB character with manoeuvrers allowing to ignore hardness - yes.

I'd hardly call AOT "dark and edgy".

possible, but would be considered incredibly suicidal

warlords are generally already equipped to handle tiny fast attackers like jetbikes, and their ceramite armor makes weapons like melta bombs highly ineffective

With a bio-titan morph? Yeah, that might work.

youtube.com/watch?v=TQUsnto_3pw

I can kinda see it.

FUCK no!

The entire point of their equipment is to maneuver into a striking position quickly and outside of the titan's melee range and then use the x-acto blades to slice at a specific soft target.

Using 3d maneuver gear against an enemy that has any range capability beyond arms-length is suicide. Warlord Titans are covered in guns and lasers and missiles and all kinds of other shit that will drop you before you can say "jaeger".

And even if you managed to avoid its fire long enough to get into an opportunity to hit it, what then? Those swords are flimsy as shit because they're meant to be used, ejected, and replaced. That's why they carry cases full of spares attached to their gas canisters. They word on titans because they're hitting a target that's made of soft tissue. Against ceramite armor they're completely useless. You might as well use them to smack the wall.

Seriously, just have Eren go titan and punch things. So many problems would be solved if that was your first plan.

>Seriously, just have Eren go titan and punch things
I doubt he can even take on a Dreadnought despite it being smaller than him.

If it's just the AoT characters doing it? No, they don't stand a chance.

You gotta make a 40k version of it though.

Turn it into Aspect Warriors who are all on-par with or better than Levi, who spin or melta their way into the 'vulnerable' parts of titans, then proceed to assault crews.

Or it's a swarm of orks who think this is a really good idea as they jetpack/zipwire around something really big.

Or it's a battlesuit pilot's kamikaze attack to take out a vital system on the Titan.

>on-par with
Ahem-hem.
HAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
S'a good joke you've got there.
Levi wishes he was on the level of an Banshee Exarch.

Mate I wouldn't attack a navy boat from 20 years ago with that gear. Why on Terra would you think that something inferior in every way to 40k jump troops would work on a titan? Literally anything ODM gear allows you to do could be done better with a jumppack or teleporter.

DUDE
DUDE, LISTEN
ARE YOU LISTENIN', DUDE
DUDE, ABOUT HOW ABOUT
GET THIS, DUDE, RIGHT
TWINKS
DUDE, LISTEN
DUDE
WITH GRAPPLING GEAR
LMAO

No, because that's not how you into physics.

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Terminator_Titanhammer_Squad

I hope you do realise that the only reason that the 3D gear in AoT works, is because they run around killing the pilots inside biological mechas?

If titans didn't have pilots, or the pilots were deep inside the chest, that 3D manouver gear would be useless.

If you had said on-par with anyone else it would've worked, but Levi is the most anime character in that anime. He's pretty much a baseline human on foot, but when you hand him one of those then shit goes down very, very quickly.

>guys in armour thicker than a battle tank
>using teleportation
>carrying hammers infused with destructive high-energy fields

Totally the same thing as malnourished kids with grappling hooks using oversized razors.

Pretty sure they'd just end up killing themselves against the void shield.

There's a reason why Titan-killing Space Marines teleport themselves INSIDE the void shield of a Titan, instead of you know... walking through the void shield.

I mean, they're basically fantasy assault marines. Give 1000 of them melta pistols and throw them at a titan, some are bound to get to joints where they can just fire with abandon.

3d maneuver gear is in the Inquisitor's Handbook for Dark Heresy

>Would this be an effective way of assaulting a Warlord Titan?
Considering Titans are pretty much invulnerable except for the neck and most of the fighting for anyone who isn't in the Survey Corps takes place in cities with relatively high buildings, I'd say this is a good way to get within striking range. There's some huge risks attached to that though.

1. Manouverability. Swinging through buildings and trees à la spiderman is both quick and cool, but one wrong move and you may find yourself turned into a red, mushy paste.

2. High speeds and sudden stops. I forgot the scientific terms for it, but when you move forward at incredibly high speeds your organs slightly move to the back of your body. When you suddenly come to a sudden stop (including but not limited to after a fall) your body needs some time to process that. A sudden stop could result in your organs suddenly moving to the front of your body, which could result in potentially lethal internal bleedings and loss of conciousness.

But for the sake of keeping the action interesting, we can assume that both of those are compensated for by intense training, which may or may not include some pre-modern equivalent of G-force training (no idea how they'd do that, but if it's somehow possible that could help prevent loss of conciousness. Then again, 3D Gear is fast but probably doesn't hit mach speeds).

Alternatively, if Titans were just big dudes then cutting at the ankles or throwing/shooting things at the chest or underbelly would be enough to take them down for the count.

Also MikaQT best girl

> are swords designed to break off if they get too stressed a good way of fighting a metal construct
you're hilarious

Did anyone get to actually run Titan World?

I'm pretty sure he cannot, because...

Very minor manga spoiler: titans just melt against any kind of modern artillery, pic related can punch even through titan armor in the manga and kill them in 1-2 shots

Humanity has become an endangered species because deformed, near invincible giants showed up and started eating people. The very first chapters/episodes are spent moaning about how terrible life is and how they live in fear every day. The main character's superpower is being a good giant that's fueled by hatred/vengeance. Half the cast are traitors and their special giant forms are skinless for no goddamn reason.

This shit is as tryhard as you can get.

And also vortex bombs iirc. If the AoT kids manage to get one on a titan before dying, they could do some damage

>point 2 is called inertia. It's the reason people's heads fly off in plane crashes.

Fun fact: a man's pupil once popped out during g-force testing. Just the pupil, hanging out of the eyeball by some cords

Nah, the vortex bombs don't do the damage. They just use the vortex bomb to blow a hole in the hull of the Titan so the Space Marines can get inside and hammer the Titan into scrap from the inside out.

>very minor manga spoiler

Are you fucking kidding me? That shit has been the main motherfucking mystery of SnK aside from just what the fuck Titan shifting is.

The fuck? D-did it get better?

Wait, what mystery? How to kill them? That's been known for ages, just remove the back of the neck. It's usually easier to do it from the back, but powerful artillery should be able to do it from the front. I haven't read anything past about season 1 of the anime, but I don't feel spoiled.
What I'm wondering is where the feck they got the modern artillery from. Last time I heard they only had literally the worst cannons.

so perfect for 40k?

Wrong Titan killer, user.

Still wrong

That's a huge spoiler, so once they finally got into the old basement, they found a photograph, and some info that outside of the walls, humans not only live, but they have much more advanced tech. From the bits i've seen, ww1 to ww2 level tech.

My personal theory is that, as all the characters have german names, the titans are biological weapons the polish created to slaughter the germans in revenge for ww2, and as such literally only germany is in peril. Titan shifters are polish lieutenants, and Eren's dad extracted pole DNA and figured out how to splice it with his son to create an abominable pole-german hybrid. This information supports my theory.

Actually, the setting is upside-down South Africa plus Madagascar. The three-walled city is on Madagascar while the closest nation, the Empire of Marley, rules at not!South Africa

>SnK is revenge of the polacks

In a way it's not much different from one of the methods used against at least the bigger titans in 40k, which is to either attack the weak points or for infantry to force themselves inside. Titans have Skitarii dedicated to standing around their feet for a reason.

There is actually nothing about the shield itself stopping infantry or armored vehicles from entering, other than it being a suicide mission.

I swear I read somewhere about warlords sometimes carrying space marines if close proximity with the enemy/bording actions were possible, so wouldn't the marines just get out and fuck you up?

Frankly their uniforms look uncomfortable as fuck and difficult to perform acrobatics in. It's all so tight-fitting and strapped down tight with buckles. What's even the point of tight leather long-sleeved crop-tops? What does that contribute to the outfit besides restricting your arms' range of movement? The whole system looks like it was designed to give you a wicked wedgie.

well why the fuck are the germans living in south africa?

Well, germany had colonies/territories in West, South West and South East Africa, you know.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_West_Africa
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_South_West_Africa
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_East_Africa

yeah but there are no black people in AoT.
Is it actually confirmed to be in a secondary world or is the possibility still open that it's our world in the future? Because I've always treated the show as being set in the primary world, and the big mystery as how we got from now to where the show is.

>infantry can just walk through a void shield

You do read the fluff right, user?

It's grimdark trash that goes nowhere and has ten million asspulls to advance the plot

Well, there is Lysanders Titanhammer squad. Essentially, they teleported inside the void shields, tossed a vortex grenade and started to hammer away on the titan. Not exactly a casual stroll, but possible.
And there's a piece of fluff in Chapter Approved 2004, where some cadians manage to slip past a Chaos Titans void shield to disable its knee, causing it to collapse.
Not to mention, Titans are frequently equipped with CC-weapons to bypass void shields.

It's not really a good idea to get that close to a titan, and bypassing the void shields will be next to impossible, but it's doable. But then again, there's a reason why titans are usually accompanied by infantry.

>teleported inside the void shields

Teleported not walked user. Walking through a void varies from impossible to suicidal depending on the type and frequency. The only way to walk through a titans void shield is to either hide in a really tough building and let it walk over you. Or wait until it is engaged and focusing it's shields to the upper portions and a small gap opens up between the floor and shields.

....the pupil is just a hole in the iris; do you mean the lens popped out?

>has ten million asspulls to advance the plot

Well, yeah.

All those stupid Chinese cartoons do that.

>he says on a north korean interpretive dancing board

No, since titans are crawling with skitarii and smaller weapon platforms to protect against infantry assault.

Also, I hope they will be attacking with backpack nukes, since those utility knives aren't going to cut adamantium armor.

Maybe.

If you could get a marine with a D str melee weapon onto the head of the titan or something.

I want a story of Kharn grabbing a Jump pack or two, jumping high into the air and smashing into the titans cockpit, murdering everyone inside. And then he goes on a merry ride with his newly aquired titan.

Our GM made us do something like that in an Only War game.

Albeit, we had, like, a thousand dudes, hid in buildings until it walked over, used those and jumppacks to get onto the titan, and then got inside with Meltas and shit and started murdering the traitor crew.

And I still nearly got ripped in half by a lucky crewman with a heavy bolter before we even got on board.

Warlord titans are a lot bigger han any AoT titan.

So the Chaos Dwarfs are in AoT? Cool.

>yeah but there are no black people in AoT.
Then why is it a dystopia?

Titans are a Jewish conspiracy.

Not quite any. The Colossal Titan is 50 metres tall, while Warlord Titans are - depending on the source - either 22.5 metres or 33 metres tall. However the Colossal Titan is one of a kind, and normal AoT titans top out at like 15 metres. Not that it matters since there's nothing in the setting that can even threaten a 40k Titan. Even a Warhound on a rampage would be an apocalyptic disaster.

Drop a couple hab-block spires on it to knock out its voidshields and then just assault using rokkit packs or zipwires or an Orkish version of 3d maneuver gear, which would work just like it does in the manga because Orks giving physics the middle finger and doing physics-defying shit is the norm for the angry space mushrooms.

I was pretty certain at least one number for warlords was 40m, with emperor class titans being generally "fuckhueg". Still, I'd prefer a squad of knights or a pack of warhounds to fight titans than a warlord, it's a naked dude fighting a well-armed dude or a naked dude fighting ten midgets with chainsaw swords. Either way it's dead but I would feel more comfortable with greater numbers and being in a less likely position to get knocked over.

>Warlord Titans are - depending on the source - either 22.5 metres or 33 metres tall
Really? They usually look far larger in the art.

Shit, I can't find my pic of 3d maneuveur gear catachans with demo charges someone made when AoT was the new fad.
It's not like I can use it often.

You'd have to be Eldar or a Shaneeshi cultist to not immediately tear your arm off.

The art is pretty all over the place. Now that there are actually miniatures in scale with the rest of 40k, their dimensions are more standardized.

When I watched the first season I thought it was far into the future as well and that the titans were bioweapons that ran on solar power. Kinda figured it out that their had to be not only humans but also a society outside the wall because of the female titan as well as Armored and colossal. I thought they were going to go into the titan shifters being the next step in human evolution and that the weaker humanity needed to be purged to make way for the better race with Eren ultimately forced between his hatred of titans and his acceptance that what they said was true. Instead we got bullshit magical powers from some bitch who cursed people who inherited her powers because "No one is allowed to be stronger than me guys because I make the rules!" And there can only be 9 titan shifters at a time and they ALL will die after 13 years of having their powers. It's funny because they basically did the "the world is actually much further along than inside the walls" and went nowhere with it, the outside is at best a hundred years ahead. For what purpose? none they just are.

In the context of 40K? No.

In the context of Attack on Titan? Yes, but it would be a pyrrhic victory that barely advances the plot, answers about two questions and poses ten more.

As far as I can recall, void shields are meant to stop ranged attacks and there is nothing about them which stops infantry or armored vehicles moving through since they by and large are going to be moving much slower than what the void shields are meant to block.

It's not the shield itself which prevents this from being a risky strategy, it's the fact that you have to get close enough in the first place and hope that the Titan doesn't have a Skitarii bodyguard.

Kharn actually does something like this in Traitor's Hate:

>"It was Kharn, also, who scaled the flank of a towering factorum-stack at the head of fifty Khorne Berzerkers and leapt from its heights onto the carapace of an Imperial Reaver as it was moving between engagement zones. The Betrayer hacked his way through the war engine's armoured hull, leading those few Berzerkers who had survived the strafing runs of the Titan's gatling blasters. They butchered the machine's crew, leaving it looming, cold and dead in the middle of the street."

>This shit is as tryhard as you can get.
But 40K is worse and still liked on this board.

I have only seen some of it because while I was watching one of the episodes the power went out and I have not got round to catching back up yet.

The scene the power went out on was a girl getting kidnapped to be a sex slave and her mother killed. I liked the show and still intend to finish it at some point but who the fuck needs that in a monster killing show.

Wazdakka Gutsmek did that but he had ork powers and a superpowered motorcycle.

No, giant boxcutters wouldn't do much to metres thick armor plate and the grappling hook thingies wouldn't be able to dig in either.

Now you're just being a massive autist.

1. They would obviously not use the same flimsy ass blades. They would use melta charges placed on vulnerable points such as the joints or the guns.
Hell, they wouldn't even need to destroy it.
Crippling a Titan's movement or its main gun would drastically reduce its combat effectiveness.

2. They wouldn't try a frontal attack, but instead use their superior maneuverability to outflank a Titan that is already tied up in combat.
Even if they ended up getting REKT by the Titan, they would likely take up its attention long enough to give the regular army an advantage.

3. Titans are expensive and life is cheap, so you could very well justify throwing multiple teams at one to overwhelm its defenses.
The Titan would have precious few seconds between noticing the teams and them getting to its hull.

Of course, is fucking magic that defies even the simplest physics, is a great start to defeat anything.

>let's fire our mobility gear so we can swing through the trees at 100mph
>for some reason we can have a full 2-minute conversation about irrelevant shit between mobility gear shots

Why do nips have such good ideas then ruin them with incessant teenage angst and stupidly ignoring physics?

Oh come on, 40k has literal magic that can't defeat titans, if you want to be dismissive to a retarded degree you at least need to try with your shitposting.

>Cables go pararell
>They can spin one around the other without the cables getting entangled
>Can change direction mid air
>Can spin, turn or whatever at will mid air without any other exerting force but their will
>long ass etc
Its magic

I'm in your fucking side, dude, is basically magic, Titans still move following a small degree of logic while 3d gear is superman flight but with cables in your hips, they would curbstop titans all day long because they basically can move anywhere at will, change direction and even fucking coil around the titan without cables geting caught on anything or entangled or whatever.

Dont for get
>Tiny tanks
>Heavy wires
>can still be carried by tiny asian woman

Also all of this at high speed

Now, are we using astartes or AoT characters? because even Astartes would have a hard time surviving those Gs

>Normal Human
>Immdiatly vaporised by a million defence turrets

also, you fuckers know the Mechnicum deploy an arse-ton of foot troops with each titan to guard aginst this sort of thing? they are called the securttii or something

Okay, it came across as super sarcastic, especially considering some anons brought up valid points like voidshields and skitarii titanguard.

Given that void shields project a shield of warp energy or just pull warp around them, shouldn't you need some serious protection to even pass through a void shield unharmed?

Even if you survive it once, I can't imagine it being healthy to do twice or more. You might just end up with an extra head, or a tentacle.

>also, you fuckers know the Mechnicum deploy an arse-ton of foot troops with each titan to guard aginst this sort of thing? they are called the securttii or something
Does Chaos do the same? I imagine Chaos Titans are closer to biomechanical kaiju than actual mechs.

>Turrets
>Immediately destroyed due the par spin to keep track of the AoT dudes
You're basically forcing metal to survive black hole like Gs, user, don't be crazy

Better trick would be fire at random and praise the omnisiah that a bullet hits the target

They must do, though i imagin it depends on who is deploying them; black legion wouldhave marines doing it, whislt iron warriors would deploy units of oblitrators.
And as you say: chaos titans be crazy yo, they might just use super fast tongues or warflames, to burn these guys to a crisp

i mean, they could shoot them when they were like 400m away, so it would be alright
How the fuck are these guys moving anyway? there should be no buildings/trees anywhere near the titans

Depends, which track is being play during the battle?

>How the fuck are these guys moving anyway? there should be no buildings/trees anywhere near the titans
Yes, and? you think the 3d gear follows some kind of logic or something

(cont.)
Realistically an Attack on (a) Titan would look like this:

1. Use artillery to suppress support units if present.
Use smoke liberally to reduce visibility.

2. Move in strike teams from as many directions as possible, obviously spread out to reduce the Titan's effectiveness

3. The teams place melta charges on the nearest vulnerable point and proceed to cut their way into the Titan

The main concern here would be the Titan's point defenses as well as its support units.
Support units can be suppressed by artillery and point defenses can be overwhelmed by attacking from multiple directions.

That would be how such an attack would go if the 40k universe was anything like reality.
There is a reason that armies don't use huge fighting robots and it's not just engineering issues.

>He needs a supporting point to be able to swing
Kek, you must be straight out of the academy

Attack on Titan, yet another concept of wasted potential ruined by the nips and the fact the creator obviously never planned for it to get popular

I lost all interest the moment they revealed the true power of Eren, super fucking boring

My nips are very sensitive

Support units can stand inside the titans Void shields for defense.

Wasn't there a scene were some guydeveloped a better Gun and got arrested for it?

Like some retarded version of illuminati trying to keep down technology?

I stopped reading that bullshit, but was that plotline every explained?

its just too much random asspulls

It was
The government inside the walls was killing inventors and suppressing tech
They also had brainwashing powers
There was a guy that invented a hot air balloon so they could fly, and he was killed
Now 4 years passed so they probably caught up in terms of tech
It's because the true king is possessed by the spirit of the original king of the walls, and that guy wanted his people to suffer for their sins
Now Historia is queen and she wants to protect her people and is full genocide mode against the enemies of her subjects

nice one

Holy shit that is so fucking stupid