>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>This galaxy is OURS.
youtube.com/watch?v=1_wXCBDiLEA

>Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-GB/Warhammer-40-000?Nu=product.repositoryId&N=102296 1687923141&qty=12&sorting=rec&view=table&categoryId=cat440130a-flat
games-workshop.com/en-GB/neophite-hybrids-2016
youtu.be/6bGEjwSUa0E?t=6m5s
youtube.com/watch?v=lpSVZiYLuPY
youtube.com/watch?v=7Im42vmG6zs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Post your work table

gettin some iron warriors finished

Have you considered using some thin strips of hobby tape for those stripes? Tamiya makes some great stuff and it really makes it ez to get nice straight lines with little effort.

i have not! for i did not know a thing existed like that! though ill for sure look into it because i got a rhino coming up

Brutes, brutes and more brutes

Masking Tape, great when you want your Hazard Stripes to be nice and parallel.

There are also airbrush templates for such things, but if you're painting by hand, Masking Tape is great stuff (also great for airbrushing).

Been working on my brother's dipped magnetic Chaos army, but hopefully today I can take a break from it and work on my Krell. Also, my workspace is a mess and I need to put some of these paints away.

I wonder if anyone will recognize someone in this picture from a past thread

Nice tendies

care to explain the row of half-filled water bottles?

good lord do I know that feel. I have been stripping and repainting my miniatures and trying everything from world eaters to emperor's children to like 4 or 5 of my own custom warbands over the years. I finally settled on a happy medium by going with an obscure warband. so it's a change of pace from the usual marines everyone paints, but it's at least established so I don't have to design everything myself.

for nurgle you could go with The Cleaved, a funky looking nurgle warband that is mainstream enough lorewise to be one of the main factions listed in the 6e chaos dex, yet I've never actually seen anybody field The Cleaved IRL

Gotta stay properly hydrated while building warhams

those are nuggies, or nugger if that poster is living in asia, you philistine

You are both wrong

they are fat popcorn chickens that I put in the microwave for 2 and a half min
on another note, pic related are some vraks renegades I have been working on

I used the genestealer cult conversion heads and
knives on them and cut off the barrels and stocks to make their lasguns look like shotguns

>desperately waiting for my forge world shipment to arrive

The issue I'm running into is that within seconds of laying paint down om the palette, all the water in the paint plus any I add gets wicked away into the sponge. The pigment that's left over beads up, and trying to use it is basically drybrushing even from a full brush. Adding more water thina it out but that gets absorbed too.

Reposting my squat. Might call him Biker Bob

postan my alpha legion squad cause its 7am and I'm bored

Did Alpharius prohibit leg day?

First model. How did I do? Still got some highlighting to do but other than that what did I fuck up?

You've gone outside the lines with the gold and other bits in some places. It's a pretty valid first attempt.

Looks 10/10 to me user

maybe a bit too much wash you used there, but if thats the look you were going for then I dont see any real probs

Had to search real deep in the bitz bags to find 5 space marine legs

they ended up being shitty chinese forge world knock offs that i picked up years ago

i feel like it gives them a very uncanny and "off" look to them. Like a bunch of alpha legionaries that scrapped together whatever armor they could find for their loyalist disguises

I'm the maw krusha user from the other thread. Brutes are so fun to paint and I cusotmised both my gore hacka (one has the huge sword in one hand over his shoulder) and my brute bosses (to give them new poses) to make them stand out. Your dudes are looking good so far!

Did you make that all yourself?

P. impressive conversion desu

Is the shotgun from an imperial guard model, a catachan or something?

your maw krusha looks great dude! Heres some more of my stuff, note the warboss isnt done

Kinda looking to get into 40k, but since I got a job my time is really limited. Are there and quick ways of painting Eldar stuff without it looking too bad? Some of the official paint schemes like Aliatoc seem like a nightmare.

Nah just the GSC Neophyte Hybrids box chose the shotgun rather then auto rifle.

They made an official model for a genestealer cultist? Forge world?

Nope, GW actually released a Genestealer Cult army.
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Warhammer-40-000?Nu=product.repositoryId&N=102296 1687923141&qty=12&sorting=rec&view=table&categoryId=cat440130a-flat

The model in the image is from the Neophyte box.
games-workshop.com/en-GB/neophite-hybrids-2016

....and why would you open a new bottle before finished the last one?

What are these things that come with the terminator kit?

Power nunchuks.

They're really small bits of decoration to hang from them, probably from a shoulder piece. Goes with that sort of space catholic look.

Forgeworld mk4 legs are like the slim fit pants version of astartes leg armour. Love the classic plasma pose thought.

Maybe scrolls like pic related.

They do look a lot like scrolls. Purity zeals or oaths of moment maybe.

It's less "uncanny" and more "comical" desu

I'd nuln the shotgun, its looking a little shiny. Your primer looks really challky too. Good job.

kek

Look like power nun-chuku to me.

lel

second half of the kill team's almost done

would like to have finished them already, but it's been raining all week and I was a dummy who forgot to prime the packs

So I've started to get a bit more serious about painting my warhams and I was wondering how do you prime arms/weapons that aren't attached yet?

They look good user. Very clean and crisp.

Thanks man, being able to do a bunch of successor chapters I'd never paint otherwise was pretty cool.

You can just get a spray can (gw is pricey but good) and some shaders/washes, they'll turn out decent enough for tabletop and if you ever wanted to go back to put in some work you can. check out some speed painting tutorials on youtube

scroll holders id assume

what's your usual army?

>

Know my pain...
youtu.be/6bGEjwSUa0E?t=6m5s

smurfs, with a side of guard

The watch captain will obviously be an ultramarine, because of plastic soldier nepotism. Still not sure how I want to handle the two terminators and potential dreadnought, though.

Space Marines do take oaths to their chapter and the Emperor before every mission. They are written and then signed by the captains of at least 4 division commanding officers. It's a tradition they take to remind themselves of their duties as well as the honour of their division.

This is one of the comfiest work spaces I've ever seen. Good work, user!

Clean that mug!

Should plasma cannons be green or blue?

Depends on how the rest of the mini looks and the colours you've gone for

purple

copper or silver

Silver with a blue/green wash

I'm painting Deathwing Terminators, so they're mostly bone white with splashes of dark red and dark green.

Table

Squads done. Only got 3 missile launcher teams and a chimera and I'm done for 7th!

Here is my station. Currently I got all my models packed up though.

>classic plasma pose

They're totally worth it.

Me and my boy made a budget armageddon table.

Good work Johnny user

Heh, neat Big Butcha'

Bit of paint on that and 10/10 would play on.

Those foamblocks could really use a bit of Spackle or pva glue to hide the texture.

Made finally made bases for my Shadow war Deer Pathfinder team. To enter in a painting/modelling competition.
All thats left is to smooth things out with liquid greenstuff, add sand/dirt to a bunch of places and then all the painting.

Also a stealthsuit for the biggest base.

So if I wanted to paint my plasma cannons blue, how should I go about doing it? It looks rather complicated...

So I need to get the paint off some plastic Cadians. Is there a particular brand of simple green I should look for or watch out for?

>"rawr I am of skinwalker"
"so sick or your shit shas ui"

youtube.com/watch?v=lpSVZiYLuPY

or

youtube.com/watch?v=7Im42vmG6zs

Well the Shas'ui is the guy with the pistol.

Fucking plaguebearers. I love the sculpt and I love painting them but holy fuck they take so much prep work! Four to go...

This looks real comfy

>Image didn't upload...

herald conversion's as rad as ever

are his legs from the plaguebearer kit rather than the blight king one?

Thanks. His sword hand and left leg are from the herald of nurgle kit, sacrificed as I already have one. The fat leg is from a different blight king torso as I wanted him to be armour free.

wip transporter

those pathfinder bases look like horderves

Damn, didn't even think of the herald legs. Guess that's the benefit of the start collecting boxes, loads of spare characters for parts.

>I wanted him to be armour free
And you'll paint him like one of those french gals?

that Shaggy on the Mystery Machine?

Oh no

Oh yes, they are.

Exactly.

So how do you guys use your spare bits (extra arms, heads and stuff) and your leftover sprues. Ive been wondering and id love to hear or see what you guys do.

Yes

Oh deer god

Mhmm imagine if that ass sat on your face.

HNNNGGGGG dat ass.

Deer? Antlers?

Antlers! I must see more! How did you do it?

For the pathfinders: I scrapped a project with wildriders and still had their horns around. Just cut them off and glue them on.
Stealthsuit: Badly carved out of 3mm Plasticard. they fullfil their purpose.

that bottom left one actually looks real cool, and lifelike.

They're Scroll tubes. Use em on librarians or sergeants.

its... its beautiful. But oh god its too much.

what materials should i use to base my minis so that it looks like they are walking through deep grass, preferably slightly dead grass