Warhammer 40,000 general /40kg/

Squatted chaos gods edition

>The Duncan can!
youtube.com/watch?v=N2vwVgNBFL8

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf2

What happened to the last thread? I go away for an hour and its 404'd

/pol/fest.

It's getting worse, then. Wonderful. What kind of filters should I use?

MAKE SISTERS GREAT AGAIN!!!

Angery mods nuked it because of the shitposters

>Deleting a general

Well done, cucks.

You could help by talking about 40k for once you faggots. Do we think they will use the same type of unit cohesion rules that AoS uses? That tactical toolbox article for AoS makes the movement phase a bleak prospect.

MODS UNIRONICALLY = GODS

I just want plastic Sisters so I can finally build a Sisters army.

>purging an entire fucking thread vs. IP deleting the shitposters = gods
You're retarded

I was asking about filters, faggot. I want to read the 40k posts without drudging through the /pol/ vomit.

>Delete general
>Gods

Guess I can blow up whatever thread I want by posting /pol/.
JEWS JEWS JEWS NIGGERS JEWS JEWS JEWS NIGGERS JEWS JEWS JEWS NIGGERS JEWS JEWS JEWS NIGGERS JEWS JEWS JEWS NIGGERS JEWS JEWS JEWS NIGGERS JEWS JEWS JEWS NIGGERS JEWS JEWS JEWS NIGGERS

If primarchs were female, which one would make the best waifu-material?

The lost primarchs. They didn't got killed, they laid down their weapons and embraced the married life.

There isn't actually a whole lot different about AoS's movement to current 40k's. Units can just close off larger areas of the table because they block enemies from coming within 3" instead of 1" and often come in large blobs, and IIRC the teaser articles have already said the 1" thing isn't changing. I think it's about the only part of the game which isn't getting hit with the Sigmar bat.

Did slaanesh get squatted? I'm mad. I'm going to take the money i wasn't spending on 40k and continue to not spend it on 40k.

No, not at all.

>Did slaanesh get squatted?

No.

not yet but it's going to become obsolete rather soon

No, but it'll go the way of Cadian regiments.

Nope.

So, what are we expecting to see in today's preview? Close combat weapons? More background?

Also, what do the previews mean for your army?

For my orks...
Movement phase: no real change.
Fight phase: chargers striking first is good, pistols shooting in close combat is bad.
Shooting: doesn't change much. Modifiers to shooting might be bad, but we haven't got any confirmation they are in, I think?
Weapons: not much change. Getting 6+ against bolters is OK, but hardly enough to keep units like stormboyz and burnaz alive. Assuming AP 4 becomes AP -1 we mostly miss out on the best change, although lootas and dakkajets might get better. Curious about how burna bombs and skorcha missiles will perform... auto hits and AP -1 would be nice.
Psychic phase: at least we've got the generic Smite power guaranteed. Everything else seems to depend on specifics we haven't seen yet. At least one of the top power builds seems to have been crippled, so I guess that effectively bumps us up in relative power level? Although I think we were fairly capable of summoning spam ourselves, so long as we didn't mind playing half our army as daemons.
New background: big warp rift means little, but armageddon getting some focus is good. Hopefully we are more than a sideshow for imperials vs. chaos there.

Slaanesh isn't being squatted, but will continue to receive very few new models or rules updates while GW pumps out endless Khorne and Nurgle releases.

Be fucking everywhere?

Fulgrim and EC out in the next 6 months.

What's with numales and wearing those head things? It's very feminine.

>Head things

Hats? Or is that some weird hat I don't know about?

>What's with numales and wearing those head things?
>It's very feminine.
Also that's a girl.

It's to cover up their receding hairlines. As the picture clearly evidences it doesn't really do a good job at it.

>Marines
>Movement
Nothing substantial yet, possibly moving 1" faster than other infantry
>Fight
Charger striking first is a nerf for the most part, depends on how unwieldy weapons play out.
>Shooting
Boltguns lose their purpose, things that used to not effect power armour now reduce it but in return is apparently the guarantee of a 2+ save in cover and a 6+ against Lascannons.
>Psychic
I don't really know, having never run conclave I can't really say what has changed.
>Background
My marines from 4th edition continue to get smaller it seems.
I don't know what I want to do with my Guard army so I haven't thought about it for 8th.

Didn't tzeentch get a shitload of stuff over the last year? And there hasn't been much nurgle for some time (although death guard are coming soon).

I'm pretty sure that Fulgrim will get a model at the very least (given that he's mentioned in the Gathering Storm) and I'd be surprised if they don't release something to go with him (thousand sons got five boxes, right?). Probably after Mortarion (with the death guard) and Angron (whenever they shift focus to armageddon) though.

Copying black rappers again.

TSons got Magnus, new Ahriman, new Rubrics, Exalted Sorcs, Scarab Occults and Tzaangors. So 6 boxes.

Do we know what command points are used for yet? Are the a replenishing resource? Do the different factions have different ways to use them?

You spend one once every turn to win the game

Hope Slaanesh gets new stuff too. I would kill for plastic noise marines

yep; no daemon of slaanesh will ever be created anymore apart fulgrim

I am new and i was thinking of running an ordo xeno list. I am not quite sure how to tackle it. Should i run imperial guard or scions? Is a death watch unit worth it?. Also i was thinking of running jakeros/servos with a very shooty inquisitor. Is that any good? Any help would be nice.

Nope.

Don't replenish.
Max 1 per phase for some sort of bonus. Examples given have been rerolls to things and interrupting the combat order.
Faction specific abilities have been mentioned.

The big thing in the Movement Phase for assault armies is units that you've charged being able to walk out of combat. You'll get shot in their turn, but you'll get more charges!

>You'll get shot in their turn, but you'll get more charges!

you're not making sense
how can people charge if they get shot?

>units charged walk about of battle.
On their turn...Provided they survived that long.
>You'll get shot.
Only if you didn't use your pile in move to tie up everything else because the guys breaking from combat can only run they can't shoot.

We can make chaos SoB and get turbo squated!

I want funny 40k back. At least there is one funny scene in the entire GS book.

I'm at Warhammer World now, i have a xenos and a imperial army, what's the Meta for chaos.

I want Chaos Sister just because I think having them would be a cool addition to my army and a cool way to show other sides of the chaos gods.

>Only if you didn't use your pile in move to tie up everything

>3" towards the closest enemy
>tieing up everything

In 7th; Good.
In 8th So far looking pretty good.

Slaanesh is old and used, Genestealer breeders are the new hotness.

Was the GSCB discussion actually resurfaced or is that image just a general angstmeme now?

Never played with chaos forces before, what should I look at grabbing before I go home?

You have a 1 inch melee range as well.
Getting 2 or 3 units in gunline wouldn't be unfeasible, which is the situation you need to pull it off the most.

If you can't bother to figure out how to get your dudes within 1" of the units around the unit your charging so they get dragged into combat, or how to consolidate into a new target so they can't overwatch you my friend are a idjit.

No it's just a shitpost laughing at the fact that it was a janitor who did the nuking during the GSCB incident.

why not a slaanesh worshipping hybrid breeder?

Might be from the same fags that said every game must have ever squad autisticslly 2" spacing to prevent the overwhelming power of blast and templates.

Like it was even possible in a proper table with terrain. It was usually a desicions between having cover or spreading out to prevent a blast hit.

They are just bitchy because they have to move their models in a wargame

Either the get started collecting, Chaos. Or a Chaos Codex and then plan out from there. Do you want a biker lord? What Legion do you want to do? Any Specific Chaos God? Chaos is basically 5 factions in one.

>Chaos is basically 5 factions in one.
Thousand Sons, Emperor's Children, World Eaters, Death Guard and the irrelevant niggers that are just there for the sake of being edgy.

>RIP reason to take full platoons of infantry
>RIP reason to take shuriken weapons on jetbikes
>RIP the green tide
>RIP chaos foreverboons

Goodbye formations.
Mostly full of shit but sometimes making shit adequate.

Basically a mod trigger by underboobs.

They forgot Veeky Forums is /d/ light, like GW forgot 40k is suppose to be s joke.

The Iron Warriors? I don't see them that way...They seem there to be Evil Vehicles.

I'm thinking CSM nurgle. I have a decent painting pattern for them. And I can't see the point in grabbing the Codex right now seeing at 8th is abkut to come out.

are you really expecting the enemy to conveniently place his units close enough to get tied up by a consolidation movement of 3"?

with what kind of retards do you play?

Iron Warriors are in the extra edgy compartment of that last minifaction.

What part of irrelevant you didn't understand. You are the NPC of chaos.

With love even if I still have nightmares from that basilisk and lash from a decade ago.

Okay CSM Nurgle.
Do you want the termie lord? If yes I'd get the Start Collecting box. Good value for you, and hold off on plague marines since those seem to be coming out in 8th.

Otherwise I'd buy a Lord, and a few boxes of CSM. which is a good starting point. Gives you a basic valid army, or 1 Lord, 1 box CSM, and 1 heavy support of your choice. That gives you the Patrol FOC from the preview yesterday.

>when the patriarch gives you that extra nutt

>A reason not to infiltrate stealth suits

I'll go take a look at it in a bit after our game, blood angels & deathwatch vs Eldar & harlequins vs Astra Millitarum and Tempestus/knight

You reminded me that SoB formations where locked in apocalypse. When Impirial Copy Paste Agents show up, they didn't put them there.

Such a bad book.

Cock tongue.

>A reason to take full platoons of infantry
>A reason to take the Green Tide
>Everything else unconfirmed.
You realize full platoons will get a Moral bonus right? You also realize they let you take more special and heavy weapons and give those special, heavy weapons and sergeants ablative wounds right?

The Green tide is going to be so over filled with command points they won't know what to do with them all and will probably have some left over at the end of the game, you realize that right?

The reason to take shrunken weapons on jet bikes is so you can afford more jet bikes so you have the ablative wounds for the special weapons to survive long enough to get into combat because this edition shit dies. You will be interacting with stuff. No more nothing dies a whole turn. You dudes will little the battlefield with their dead and so will the other poor bastards. The winner will be the one who didn't die for their cause but a lot of your poor bastards will be.

Good luck. Post pics.

Just the way Slaanesh likes it.

So far, my aquila kill team and the corvus they flew in on ain't turnt up.

Sounds like you never played Guard

Only against guard. Never with.

Were you going to bring up how a full platoon of guard can wipe out CSM and CSM Terminators with their flashlights? Because yes. I've faced that quite often. Gun line guard is damned potent and quite scary.

Looking great! I'd probably put a black wash over the guns to add a bit of shade, they're looking pretty bright.
Maybe the unit that escaped can't shoot, but other units, with long range weapons (heavy weapons, snipers, tanks, flyers) can make a dent in your squad.
Any survivors can then get an extra charge. For Orks, this might mean they get more use out of furious charge.

Long story short the compulsory parts of an infantry platoon is a cmd squad and two infantry units (although infantry can be merged)
Special weapons teams, heavy weapons teams and conscripts are all additional squads purchased in the same slot.

When the universal FOC of 8th comes in it means platoons will once again be dead as they'll basically go back to being a minimum tax in order to get maximum conscripts.
And nobody got the cash for that.

Genestealers should be able to ally of convenience with any imperial force.

Hahahahahahaha

No.

In the lore IF have worked all to happy with IW.

Maybe it was BT, but all marines look the same so it gets confusing.

Everyone should be battle brothers since it happens in the lore, and it would be funny to have marines with Nid support.

Do you mean keyword?

40k 8E > Age of Sigmar >>>>> pile of shit >>> 7E > WHFB

You're stupid and should consider getting your IQ tested

Retard the post.

3rd>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everything else.

>The Grey Knights latest group of initiates are the most promising yet, with an unwavering dedication and incorruptibility of purpose which will be sure to aid them against the daemon.
>Preliminary training has revealed that they are already a formidable psychic choir, seemingly able to blend their powers as easily as the senior purifiers.
>A few showed possible stigmata of the mutant, however after assimilation with holy geneseed, they are nothing more than perfect space marines.

Age of 4thmar = 8th.

IG
>Moving
Never heard of it! :P But really It means my Chimera's guns will be more effective, and if the vets inside can still shoot then mecvets will be very happy this edition.
>Shooting
Nothing really changed for the blob army, but the tanks truly need a BS buff if they want to move now. Hopefully, the Techpriest's "Awaken the machine" ability will do something to boost BS. On that same note, "Blessings of the Omnissaih" is going to be vital to this edition and I wonder if/how servitors will help in that.
>Fighting
I'm just going to leave thank you very much! Say, have you met my friend Mr. Punisher-with-three-HBs?
>Psychic phase
I wonder if smite can hit opponents in combat. Either way, psykers covens will either be a 5-wound single psyker, or 5 psykers who can together cast 5D3 mortal wounds. I REALLY hope they can fire into combat if that's true.

Aren't conscripts worse guard? Why would I choose them over normal guard? Other than the advantage of numbers they are BS2 WS2 right? So likely 5+,5+ in the upcoming edition. or worse they could be 6+,6+ I doubt units that cheap won't have drawbacks.

So other than body count why would I chose conscripts over more reliable guard?

3rd is fucking gay, why else do you think so many of the changes from 2nd to 3rd are now being reverted?

Lioness... you can take pictures of her butt while she is sleeping.

>>A few showed possible stigmata of the mutant

Any self respecting space marine chapter, especially the GK, kills any and all recruits that show the slightest genetic deviation on the spot. They do heavy genetic screening for a damn good reason.

> Needing a reason beyond bodycount

But user Shadow war is closer to second than AoS. Right now 8th looks like AoS second edition.

Wait is GW plan just to have one massive game?