youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

Latest Errata: January 2017
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/WMH-Errata-January-2017-2.pdf

Theme Forces:
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/Theme Forces.pdf

Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments

Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Fluff wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web

Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk

>Mk3 Trollbloods Command
www20.zippyshare.com/v/1tLOuOW7/file.html
>Mk3 Protectorate Command
www20.zippyshare.com/v/LToez2J8/file.html
>Mk3 Circle Orboros Command
www20.zippyshare.com/v/dAMPtJKy/file.html
>Mk3 Cygnar Command
www104.zippyshare.com/v/aG3otFxu/file.html
>Mk3 Legion of Everblight Command
www93.zippyshare.com/v/cJMBctzR/file.html
>Mk3 Khador Command
www92.zippyshare.com/v/JI62A5Ll/file.html
>Mk3 Cryx Command
www42.zippyshare.com/v/kAGpNygA/file.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sM8ExWoG6Y8
conflictchamber.com/#b51bgx4G1g433y3y3y3J0v3J0v2V31hM
conflictchamber.com/#b91b4r4A4A6V6u6u6u6Hea4v4x5Rft5U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

post them

How is this?

That Elara Forges of War list in the pevious thread is starting to look pretty good.

I just realized a marshaled Manticore under her can pull off four POW24 attacks.

Sorry, five attacks.

The game is quite fun and it's nice to see the characters and Warjacks from the tabletop moving around in 3D, but I experienced massive technical problems which forced me to stop playing. The FPS dropped like a stone if there were more than ten or so units on the field at once. I'd say it's worth a fiver or so as an experiment, but don't pay more than that.

Only worth less than $5.

They sell units as DLC, it's disgusting.

They STILL haven't delivered on their kickstarter promises for more single player campaigns.

As far as I know, the single player campaigns still have slideshow cutscenes when they were paid with kickstarter to have fully animated ones.

Just tested out the Storm Strider last night with Beth. That thing is a beast now that it can actually boost its shots, and the RAT fixing bubble is great with the Stormblades, so they can actually hit with their assault shots. I still think it's lacking in melee capabilities, but as a gun platform it fulfills it's duties satisfactorily. I no longer look at it and think "that coulda been a stormclad".

Hot Garbo. Warmachine/Hordes deserves better.

Then again, I think a Warmachine games would really like to be a real time action game.

3rd person brawler/shooter depending caster, jumping from warjack to warjack during play. It'd be glorious.

And 40k gets more than its share of games. Then again, does warmachine have a much more American playerbase? That might inhibit that sweet vidya money.

>3rd person brawler/shooter depending caster, jumping from warjack to warjack during play.

I'd pay good money for a good adaptation of this. They'd have to hire a few half-decent writers to not write cringe-worthy dialogue and story though.

I'd personally like to see a Warmachine/Hordes RTS or even an action adventure game in a similar vein to Saboteur set in Occupied Llael.

>not knowing that the only way to capture the warnoun experience is through Platinum-style character action

Dragon's Dogma.

You can climb on the Monsters/Jacks and hit them until they die and shit.

Complete garbage. Imagine playing wmh where you move each model with a cluncky interface with each action taking between 2 and 5 clicks.

WASH AWAY THE ANGER

>blindly dismissing the cult hit known as Steam Roller Solid 5: The Occultation Pain
Depends on the warnoun.

The only good gameplay for a IK RPG if you want an Action would be something similiar to Kingdom under fire.

You control the caster, you can cast spell to influenze your troops and you can control Warcaster and Jack jumping between them.

Wouldn't Titanfall work? You run around with NPC grunts and by pressing a button, you get to control your jack.

I'm thinking that 'jacks would have to be ai, albeit ai that you have to micromanage heavily.

It's kind of sad. Even that RPG that Confrontation got was better than Warmachine Tactics. Maybe they will get someone else to make another game later on down the line.

Gentlemen Thieves ik rpg campaign. Great campaign idea or greatest?

You guys all have no idea what you are talking about. The perfect WMH game would be something like Sacrifice. Look it up.

>character action

Stop using this stupid term or kill yourself. Allso, youtube.com/watch?v=sM8ExWoG6Y8 is what the game was supposed to be like at first.

Obligatory

So a friend wants to get into Warmachine/Hordes and I want to join him as well. He's played Warhammer before and is interested in Trollbloods, but I have no experience in any tabletop wargame.

I've been looking through the faction list and the Convergence of Crisis seems very intersting to me. I've heard they're not recomended for new players but I still want to play them. However it doesn't seem like they have a starter box available like the other factions do. I think my friend is going to get a Trollblood starter box, so what would I have to buy to be on the same level as him?

Get the two-player battlebox. You both get a starter box and a unit of decent troops for the same price each as just a battlebox. Skorne are p fun, Persian samurai hobgoblins.

Unfortunately CoC doesn't have a MkIII battlebox. If you can find the old MkII the models are still good but the cards will be out of date and you don't get a mini rulebook. The core rules are free on PPs site and the War Room 2 app for Android and iOS will get you the faction rules for about 6 bucks.

Out of curiosity, do you need to either have official print cards or something on the app for sanctioned events? Or can I just photocopy them from a rulebook and print out the stat cards?

CoC's "suggested starter battlegroup" is:

-Forge Master Syntherion
-Monitor
-Galvinizer
-Diffuser

How good that is or whatever is for CoC players to pitch in on.

PrivateerPress has given you the chance to design a new warcaster/warlock for your faction however, you must use the IKRPG/IK Unleashed system to build this character. You have:

>150 exp
>enough money to gear the character appropriately
>can use any legal combination of race/career
>any field marshal ability transfers over appropriately
>A feat can be any 4 cost spell (including those not available as an option), or 2 cost spell applied over the friendly faction models instead of a unit.

What do you build?

>No Corollary
Get out

You can just print them if you can find them. They'll all be online within the next five weeks or so.

That sounds good. I generally don't like having to use a smartphone while playing a game, so I will either buy the cards or just print them out if need be.

Steal Toruk's Heart(stone)

Deadline: The release of the Banez CID

Corollary wasn't in the original starter either. Plus, it's three vectors and Syn has free upkeeps.

This is interesting.

Thinking about something like this:

conflictchamber.com/#b51bgx4G1g433y3y3y3J0v3J0v2V31hM

Retribution Army - 75 / 75 points

!!! Your army contains a pre-release entry.

(Elara 2) Elara, Death's Shadow [+28]
- Aspis [6]
- Chimera [8]
- Discordia [18]
Arcanist Mechanik [2]
Arcanist Mechanik [2]
Arcanist Mechanik [2]
Dawnguard Sentinel Scyir [4]
- Manticore [14]
Dawnguard Sentinel Scyir [4]
- Manticore [14]
Dawnguard Sentinels (max) [18]
- Dawnguard Sentinel Officer & Standard [4]
House Shyeel Arcanists [7]
Running Sents with Scyirs as the marshals looks better since you run them near Disco for the extra ARM, and the Scyirs give them a Vengeance move if they shoot any of the Sentinels.

You don't need a Corollary until you're running like 5+ jacks.

What 4 point Solo should I add here? The Assault Kommando Kovnik would be pretty cool, since giving them CRA and Relentless Charge would be super dope, but unfortunately, that model doesn't exist.

---

A Forge Seer could help with Behemoth's power up.

The Marksman works well with Sentry and fixes damage.

Reinholdt could let me smoke twice or shoot 2xd3 times.

Sylys could extend the range of Battering Ram (meh) and allow me to upkeep Occultation the Kommandos (okay-ish?)

Koldun Lord for hitting

Ragman for damage

Gorman for hitting and damage (also, running that gasmask-only army? Hell yeah)

Manhunter for the lolz? Upgrade the Marauder to a Jugger?

That does sound powerful in a pinch, but is it really worth all this effort you guys are putting in here? Just having more Battlegroup Jacks and fueling them with more focus is probably just easier to manage and more consistent to pull of than going for this convoluted all-in-on jack marshal plan.

Is High Command dead? I got the demo deck in one of the MK3 army boxes, and want to try it out. I know when it first released there were a lot of expansions that seemed to drop all at once, but not so much since then.
Follow up questions:
Which is more fun, Castle of the Keys or Invasion of Sul?
I'm not familiar with "deck builders." Do you come to the game with a premise deck, or make your selections during the game?

I'm not familiar with High Command, but most deck builders are centered around the concept of choosing cards and building the deck as the game goes.

It's pretty advanced for a Deckbuilder and needs some base rules rebalancinings...With em...Its not bad.

How is lesser Zaadesh and a set of a drake and a krea? It feels like a nice set-up to throw in a list if you want a krea, but the lock is already heavy on beasts.

Haven't tried it but I like the idea. Will become a lot more popular if we ever get a "have some free shit" theme force.

I know scarab swarms and reptile hounds are popular with him, but his looks good with basilisks too. P+S 14 weapon master on MAT 8 with the krea can hurt.

It's only POW16 non-WM. But I'd give it a try with Zaal1. If you're bringing a Krea anyways, that is. I always wanted to try a low-model-count Zaal1 list, but not being able to cast Last Stand via Marketh anymore hurts the concept rather horribly.

Flank gives an additional die on damage, the +2 is only for attack rolls.

But it's not flank.

Oh fuck, right. Zaadesh gives not-gang. Krea gives herself flank. My bad.

The krea has Flank: Basilisk Drake.

JAAAAAANK

conflictchamber.com/#b91b4r4A4A6V6u6u6u6Hea4v4x5Rft5U
Skorne Army - 75 / 75 points

(Zaal 1) Supreme Aptimus Zaal [+26]
- Cyclops Savage [7]
- Cyclops Savage [7]
- Tiberion [22]
Ancestral Guardian [5]
Ancestral Guardian [5]
Ancestral Guardian [5]
Hakaar the Destroyer [7]
Tyrant Zaadesh [4]
- Basilisk Drake [8]
- Basilisk Krea [7]
Immortals (max) [15]
- Extoller Advocate [4]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (min) [5]

So do most Ret players go with Shyeel or Vyre jacks?

Depends on caster really.

Vyros2 goes Shyeel due to Griffons/Imperatus
Issyria goes Shyeel due to Hyperion/Hermera
Rahn goes Shyeel due to wanting arc nodes
Ossyan can play more lockdown by going Vyre due to Hypnos/Banshee
Helynna goes Shyeel for obvious reasons
Thyron doesn't really care and can go either way but of note he likes the Banshee since Assail affects the gun
Vyros1 doesn't really care outside of Imperatus
Garryth doesn't really care
Kaelyssa doesn't really care
Ravyn doesn't care for the most part but gets a lot of mileage out of Discordia/Hyperion

To be fair, its not really a good comparison considering there are only 4 Vyre warjacks and all are heavies compared to Shyeel's 13 (2 colossals, 6 heavies and 5 lights). Once Vyre gets some lights you might see more mix up.

Alright. Just wondering if people see more use out of the heavier, sturdier Vyre jacks, or the lighter Shyeel ones. I notice a lot of emphasis on cheap currently, but Ret doesn't really do cheap jacks.

My local Ret player just runs 2 Manticores with Rahn and relies on Sentinels getting work done. Spoiler alert, they get the work done. He just uses his feat to get the range on Rahn on a vital turn.

>That does sound powerful in a pinch, but is it really worth all this effort you guys are putting in here? Just having more Battlegroup Jacks and fueling them with more focus is probably just easier to manage and more consistent to pull of than going for this convoluted all-in-on jack marshal plan.

I am the guy that posted the Elara list in the last Thread.

The whole point of that list was that you had 7+ Shield Guard in play, your Jack Marshal was fairly resistant, he was free and he had only a Griffon.

This means that you just need to invest 8 point to have a light Jack acting like a solo, but that can wreck your enemy heavy from 13" away so your opponent have to manouver around it.

Meanwhile you have 2 Manticore and 2 Hydra shooting at your opponent and your Jack Marshal makes all your squishy support immune to blast.

Add to that the fact that in SR 2017 having the chance to send Jack solo not depending on the BG is really powerfull.

It's not really hard at all to play.

The Griffon is one of the better lights in the game. It's pretty impressive how much of a beating this 8 point model can take.

you need a corollary as soon as you start desu. free focus that can be moved to all your 'jacks is broken af

>free
Not if it costs points.

sorry, it's a 'jack that costs 6 points, increases your control range, can move focus around for free, and with each caster can perform a different task. my bad.

Better. Next we'll have Skorne players talking about how the Willbreaker basically gives all of their beasts +1 fury.

ᴵᵗ'ˢ ᶠʳᵉᵉ ʳᵉᵃᶫ ᵉˢᵗᵃᵗᵉ

(Morghoul 1) Master Tormentor Morghoul [+30]
- Archidon [10]
- Rhinodon [12]
- Titan Gladiator [15]
- Titan Sentry [15]
- Aptimus Marketh [5]
Mortitheurge Willbreaker [4]
Paingiver Bloodrunner Master Tormentor [4]
Paingiver Bloodrunner Master Tormentor [4]
Tyrant Zaadesh [4]
- Cyclops Savage [7]
- Cyclops Savage [7]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (max) [7]
Praetorian Karax (max) [11]

Seems dank AF.

2x tinkers or min mechaniks. 6 jacks with no repairs = you gonna get crippled a lot.

That doesn't matter. Except Behemoth, the jacks are fire and forget.

BE niggas

Battle Engines are dank now. I'm going to be testing out my Beth!Strider more today.

The battle carriage is ass.

u ass

How's it feeeeeeeel Vyros

to be a

BITCH?

Someone needs to ask Ossyan too.

>tfw it won't be long before based Ghyrrshyld deep dicks Helynna while Ossyan cries in the corner.

Ossyan's only goal was the redeem his house after Goreshade's betrayal.

Goreshade getting the blessing of their goddess is basically his dream come true. We don't know what the man thinks of him personally, of course, but this is everything Ossyan could have wanted.

Is he wearing a superman costume?

Only because he's a Gun Carriage.

Man PP really wanna cram a Hammer into a Gun Shaped Hole with that model.

As a Skorne player, I firmly believe that only a small amount of casters and lists are competitively viable. These casters are:

>Rasheth
>Makeda1
>Makeda2
>Zaadesh2
>Xerxis1

Basically, the exact same guys as before the errata. Skorne isn't crushing, Skorne isn't even doing great, Skorne is just mid tier. Take Hexeris1 or Mordikaar to a tournament and you'll get smashed.

And what's stopping Zaal1, Xerxis2, Morghoul2, and Hexeris1 from being viable?

>Zaal1
Crumbles to guns.
>Xerxis2
Huge based casters are VERY unwieldy. You don't see Reznik2 anywhere either. Also fury 5 is shit.
>Morghoul2
When your best list is a gunline in Skorne, something's awry.
>Hexeris1
Obliteration is a terrible spell and it's his big gun. If he swapped it for Hellmouth he'd be great. Also that narrow as all fuck feat.

X2 is unwieldy, but I think you underestimate his capability to alpha. And he has tons of tools to deal with his Fury 5.

Morg2 has plenty of decent lists that don't need to be gunlines to be good. He's a fairly effective assassin.

And Hexy1 might have a narrow feat, but it's incredible when it applies. Against Ghost Fleet, for example. Beyond that, he can be built to be incredibly effective even without the feat coming into play. Parasite in a faction that can bring some decent guns is a hell of a thing.

I'm not seeing the jank, user.

>Xerxis2
Sure he can alpha, but I'd argue that Morghoul1 does it better, and no one talks about him. Abuse is a retarded spell.
>Morghoul2
I just don't think he can hang and bang in high level competitions. He's a walking Mortality and feat bot.
>Hexxy1
Like I said, the feat is just too narrow.

So I found what appears to be an old Mk2 battlegroup for CoC at my LGS. I'll be balanced with my friend if he gets a mk3 horde battlegroup, right? (probably trollbloods).

Pretty much. The points won't be quite right since all Mk 3 battle boxes are exactly 0 points (which is a descision I'm not happy with)n and if he does get the trollbloods one he'll be at a bit of a disadvantage even if he had a couple more points than you.

Why is Legion so shit compared to Cryx? Why do they insist on Everblight getting his shit pushed in all the time by everyone, yet pretend he and the Legion are a threat to Cryx at all. Niggers can't even beat the Circle.

Well hes doing pretty well for a new Faction. Subverting an entire species in less then a century is pretty impressive. Toruk had to do his shtick for Thousands of years before his army grew to the size it is now.

That's why they fear Everblight. He may be the weakest, but the most potential to just consume it all. And unlike Toruk he isn't dependant on Raids or killing things. Everblight could re-write the whole ecosystem to be under his thrall.

This.

House Nyarr is the one getting shafted. I guarantee you that Vyros is fucking livid. Ravyn is probably sort of pissed, too, since she's famous for scoring some major victories against Goreshade's armies during the Iosan civil war.

Whether any of that will ever come up is questionable. Ravyn is the woman time forgot of Ret.

>I'll be balanced with my friend if he gets a mk3 horde battlegroup, right? (probably trollbloods).

Yes, but not the battle box battlegroup.

The Trollbloods battlebox is notoriously bad on its own. The models in it aren't bad, they just don't work well together.

Legion's the scrappy underdogs of the setting.

Every other faction has significantly more infrastructure, manpower, and resources and has had them for way more years. Considering Everblight for the most part is an angry rock with a vision the Legion is doing pretty well for themselves.

Aren't they pretty much scattered like rats in the current fluff having got wrecked by Cryx and the Circle? Plus Toruk getting to eat another dragon.

Honestly I'm getting pretty tired of Cryx losing and it turning out to be "just as planed" and being better than ever.

Unlike other factions being scattered like rats fundamentally doesn't matter for them.

Cryx needs necrofactoriums for their Jacks and Armies. All Everblight needs is another town to transform into whatever he wants.

It's decent for a 0 point game with new players. The first thing to add to it as you get points is a corollary. If you're mildly flush, there's a 150 dollar army in a box with Iron Mother that's pretty solid.

CoC is considered "Advanced" because you have to rely on induction to keep focus on your vectors. The corollary makes that less of a pain in the ass.

The nice thing bout CoC is that the vectors use the current MAT and RAT of the warcaster, which means you get a lot of crossover functionality on your models.

The terrible thing, is that there is nothing new on the horizon for them. I expect we'll see something eventually because they are fairly popular in the tournament scene. I believe a CoC player took 4th at the Las Vegas Open this year.

As a beginner, I jumped in with CoC as my faction, and after getting over the learning curve, they're great. They're just far more reliant on moving your units in a specific order than other factions,

It comes out to 1 pt. As long as his friend isnt' a total sperglord it'll be fine. If anything it can be written off as a bonus for playing the more finicky faction.

Last I heard, the Legion was making a menace of themselves in Rhul, with the Rhulic forces being unable to apparently root them out.

So, how are Skorne now?

Better than they were at the beginning of Mk3. But not top tier.

Better, but not great.

Pretty good.

If you know how to play Skorne.

>You don't see Reznik2 anywhere either.

Reznik2 was popular for a while, then the Eye of Truth came out, stole his lunch money, and gave it to every other caster, so there's not much of a point to him.

Any tips on using the Cygnar Sword Knights? Is their attachment any good?

I think the answer is you don't

Play them with Haley3. DEF17 with Steady annoys people to no end.