Endless Legend Thread

For all your discussing Endless Legend (and Space) in the context of Veeky Forums needs.

Other urls found in this thread:

endlesslegend.gamepedia.com/Quests
youtube.com/watch?v=-4rgswnjpZg
dungeon-of-the-endless.wikia.com/wiki/Skroig
youtube.com/watch?v=BTNtbP5QLkI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>in the context of Veeky Forums
Well, the last thread was more about the video game and its lore, but we didn't get far when it comes to how to turn this into a tabletop game.

Cultist always reminded me of IoM with the Queen sitting in the throne.

Also, I know that Cultist have different races in their cities but are the tall guys with mask supposed to be "robots"?

Yes, robots.

Were the Broken Lords human? I don't think we ever see their faces or what they looked like before they became what they are

I think it's implied that they were, much like the Roving Clans, Vaulters, and Ardent Mages are all human, plus, what... atleast the sisters of mercy, and I think one or two other minors?

>
>
>

Previous thread.

Where much talking about making an RPG for Endless Legend was said. An OP will be made if this ever gets enough attention.

I believe the implication is that they were.

Unlike the Vodyani, they don't have a reason to change the structure of their bodies upon becoming dust-entities.

Mods are asleep, post video games?

Something something we could maybe make a setting out of this.

They are The Endless, when they got turned into nanomachines (dust), but kept their sentience. The rest became ghosts.

see

>

So are these nuns with swords?

Just pick a system you like and homebrew what aspects of it you want. Work at making a full conversion to the setting if you feel like.

I have made broken lord like characters by making them unable to ever heal normally but allowing them to leech life when they killed something or if an ally allowed them to.

The tall guys with masks aren't necessarily robots; they're the same deal as the Chosen and Nameless Guard, the Heroes and Archer units they get. Basically, someone get marked out as being special, gets dragged deep into the city kicking and screaming, and then is tortured and mind-broken by the Queen constantly until he's completely incapable of resisting her will. He's then remade in her image (Giraffe-necks) and sent out to do her bidding.

The actual, 100% guaranteed robots are the hunched over humanoids and the multi-limbed ceramic mounts for the Fanatics and the Preachers and stuff.

So Im planning on running a homebrew of EL for my group next week , and what I want to know is how to find the quest dialogue and image files

Or: endlesslegend.gamepedia.com/Quests

They are well groomed nuns with swords and good fashion sense (if lacking in the practicality department).

Share any of the good parts of the homebrew here. It would be good to get the ball rolling on this.

Open up the Endless Legend folder in steam > public > localization > english

Everything else is just the structure of the game.

The sister of mercy hero with a specific artifact sword becomes an immortal murder machine.

Thanks Doc

Be warned that it is EVERY bit of text in english in the game. If you know a bit of the quest text you're looking for, you could ctrl+f it and look from there.

Convert and control. Cultists are the best looking units by far.

I'm more of a fan of the Vaulter's aesthetic. I love how their city's have what look like parts of space ships jutting out of them.

Just a reminder, it's canon to the games that there is at least one necrophage who developed the personality of a french musketeer, a rakish and noble gentleman with a passion for swordplay and an endless wit and good humor, not to mention a refined palate.

>what look like parts of space ships

I got introduced to the Vaulters via Endless Space 1 and just...always found them insufferable.

>implying they're not actually parts of spaceships jutting out of the ground

The best answer to the turtle is to just ignore it. The only reason you should have to actually go to war with Vaulters is if you're going for elimination victory, since they're bad at food growth; even then, just leave them till last unless you're Hissho, in which case you just roll over them laughing with kinetic batteries like you roll over everyone else laughing with kinetic batteries.

I just hate how they're in most of the games and always a big part of the canon or whatever. They're in ES1 and that's fine, but in Endless Legend and really out of place like they were somebody's must-have favorite, and in ES2. Even Dungeon of the Endless has them. Shit, even the canon(?) end of Endless Legend is them making it to space.

It sounds like a bigger deal than it actually is, it's just odd.

Oh, it's not their gameplay. I didn't care for their gameplay at all. I mean their lore.

I'm glad ES2 hasn't had them so far. My biggest issue is that they just are made out to be so..."good"? Like, nothing seems to be presented as bad or lacking in their society. Coupled with the other factions having far more interesting set ups, it just makes them feel like someone's self-insert faction.

>Endless game
>not having vaulters

kep dremin user

Yeah, I know...

On the upside, the United Empire's redesign and questline has easily boosted them from being a faction I didn't really care for or like to my favorite.

I don't mind at all that we're talking more about the games themselves than Veeky Forums stuff, but I'd like to comment that conversations on Veeky Forums about video games always seem more focused. On the actual video games boards they conversations always get filled with memes, waifu talk, and such; kind of like originally Veeky Forums material (40k, character threads, etc) here for example.

Is anyone sure how the Broken Lords actually reproduce? Do they take people of other races and armorize them? Do they have a certain cadre of their people who are still fleshy to keep havin' babies? Do they just mingle dust from two Lords and put it into armor, fully grown?

Two both vomit dust out of their gaping maws into a bowl together and then pour it into a new baby armor that grows over time.

HORATIO IS LOVE
HORATIO IS LIFE

The game's performance has been weird for me, but Horatio looks rad now as well.

If they're going in, they're either gonna be a minor faction or they're coming in an expansion months from now; the eighth slot is taken up by the Unbroken, a community-made faction of peace loving tree dudes that use food to turn population into spaceships.

They never actually touch upon it, but it's probably just Dust mingling. I doubt that the Lords of the Amber Planes would debase themselves to the point that they would dare inflict the curse of Dust on other living beings, nor do I think they even know how to. The Vodyani, on the other hand, actually do get a bit of exposition on how reproduction occurs.

Y'know, I dig how Horatio plays in Endless Space 2, but I just haven't been able to wrap my head around actually playing him effectively. Any tips?

Eat minor faction pops that have worthwhile boosts. Eating the minor faction pop you start with and kalgeros gets you +4 happiness per horatio meaning that 5 horatio is enough to just eat the happiness penalty from a lava or barren planet.

Spread far and wide and overproduce ships to make up for how long it takes to make more when some are lost.

Revealers with 2 +3 movement and 2 glassteel probe modules can gofast and seefar. One with a single engine and 3 glassteel can spot about a sixth of the galaxy.

With a setting diversity like the Endless universe I think priority #1 is picking playable races and how to diversify them.

Should we split by species (making Vaulters and Clans the same) or just by faction?

There are also mercenary Chosen, and they can potentially work for the Drakken to destroy the Queen's city. So they aren't necessarily ALL permanently enslaved, just devoid of their original identity.

If anything they have a good reason that isn't the case, since the armor they embody is likely what they used in life.

I'm actually a big fan of the riftborn's design and concept, even if said design doesn't feel that fleshed out.

What makes the most sense to me is make it divided by species, and then factions be represented as classes, with their classes being subclasses of the faction itself.
Would make implementing cultists a lot easier too since they can technically be any race.

why would Horatio shoot horatio

Horatio is beautiful

Because sometimes Horatio needs to get his hands dirty. Also, quest spoilers.

Horatio initially made a few PERFECT clones of himself; this was a terrible idea, as these perfect clones were just as megalomaniacal and autocratic as himself. You yourself play as one of these clones, having masqueraded as Horatio the First and fooled all of the lesser clones into driving away the original and your perfect brethren; all that remains is for you to tie up loose ends, hence the image of Horatio pointing a gun at one of his clones.

As someone that likes to play civ with a competitive mind set, I rather enjoy just nation building and such in Endless Legend, and after recently played it, Endless Space 2 (didn't play the first). In Endless Space 2 specifically I like to just get the terraforming stuff.

>YOU THOUGHT IT WAS HORATIO, BUT IT WAS ME, HORATIO!

Things got out of hand.

>tfw your vast legions of low-tier tribal units are still viable because they can hold down the enemy for archer battalions to destroy

Still disappointed Cultists don't get a spear/halberd unit like in so many of their art pieces. I would have found that more fitting than this weird cav-berserker which doesn't fit the rest of their playstyle.

>pic related is a regular occurrence for Horatio

I know the feeling.

No, that seems pretty normal.

How though?

How do you guys spiral out of control as Dust Lords, anyway?
First time I tried them, I was making a lot of money, sure, but not enough to drown myself in.

When you forsake the need to eat for Endless riches anything is possible.

Look at what turn they're on.
Yes what they have is absurd but it took a damn long time to get to that point.

Focus on dosh and defense. That is pretty much the gist of it.

Making a custom faction dosh lords will make it easier.

Yeah, I made the custom Faction 'Very Broken Lords'. Eventually you just end up in a situation where dosh begets dosh and you own more dust than should exist.

>than should exist
What sort of bullshit are you spewing? There is never enough.

As in I'm not sure this much dust should even fit on the planet. We have surpassed the endless themselves.

That is when you transition to endless space with your faction.

How viable is it to rush a T2 weapon early game ark with Vodyani to eradicate another major faction?

It could work, but it wouldn't be a 'rush'.

I mean, it could be, depending on how lucky you are with nearby minor factions.

Also if you play with pirates on or off. Pirates are the bane of leecher ships.

Broken lords is best lords

More like broken lords is aptly named lords.

t. meatbag
I bet you eat food lmao noob

So, tell me Veeky Forums. If you were in an Endless Legend campaign done in the classic way of the PCs being independent adventurers/mercenaries of various backgrounds running around doing odd jobs for both minor and major factions, what sort of character would you play?

For bonus points, what do you imagine your group would look like, and what sort of party dynamics would you have?

Me, I'd probably be some sort of Vaulter skirmisher/sapper. I like characters that are a mix of brute force and practical skills.

>inb4 someone plays a dapper necrophage.

Are humans in the Endless Universe descended from the Endless? Specifically, the humanoid subspecies of the Endless?
The similarity in body form is beyond striking, especially in the case of the virtual endless.

Drakken of some sort, an Elder if the GM lets me get away with it. Being the party's huge dragon they can call for backup sounds like fun.

No.

No, humans have no special relevance.

Honestly, probably a Roving Clans guy. Mounted archery with weird fantasy desert creatures sounds super fun.

A Vaulter and a Forgotten on the same team would be like having an Ultramarine and a Space Wolf together in Deathwatch.

Why are the ranged commanders seemingly the best offensively in this game?

Like for a hero that fights there seems to be no comparison. Their late game abilities blows everything else out of the water.

So it's just cosmic coincidence that humans look like those two subspecies of Endless?
Fair enough, just checking.

Endless are literally just nondescript humanoids, they look like literally every single species that is humanoid.

Hell, they look most like Vodyani if anything.

To be fair, we do know exactly what the Virtual Endless look like from the Craver prologue for ES2.
youtube.com/watch?v=-4rgswnjpZg

Those proportions are pretty human, not just humanoid.

>Hell, they look most like Vodyani if anything.
The Vodyani look most like the Virtual Endless*

On the other hand, I may just be reading far too much into this, and the question of "why are so many species humanoid with similar proportions" may just be analogous to "why do bubbles take the shape of spheres?" in the Endless universe.

I'd have a consistent map of Auriga (sourcebook could have a generation tool?) and have every in-game faction present on it.

Some, such as the Forgotten, don't need cities. Others like the Necrophages might have many. Roving Clans could be truly nomadic.

Then you can throw around region-dependent quests without too much hassle. One region you might be operating against Necrophages. In another, the phages might be backing you up against something like the Cult. "One does not negotiate with one's next meal" is only ALMOST always true, after all.

Plus, things like Vaulter cities with a Forgotten subculture in the tunnels under their feet would be kind of cool, especially if the quest was "prominent Vaulters keep going missing" and it turns out a Forgotten assassin's getting revenge for years of imprisonment.

Whoops didn't mean to link that post.

I'd love to play a Chosen, honestly. That or a Dorgeshi cavalry archer. I feel like the 'exiled from the roving clans' element would add a little more tension.

BROWN HAIRED FEMALE HEROINES

Blonde and Red hair is slowly going extinct user, in the far future, there will only be black and brown.

Did you read "The Enigma of Amigara Fault"? I imagine that they start as normal people, then get warped bodies like in that short manga

They were only added to endless space AFTER endless legend. That's where they're originally from.

Is the necro from Dungeon or Legend? Name?

Well...

>one human in the pic
>female, brown hair

These fuckers must reaaaaaallly hate men with blonde hair.

dungeon-of-the-endless.wikia.com/wiki/Skroig

There's plenty of exceptions if you just have a look, you know.

youtube.com/watch?v=BTNtbP5QLkI

Brunettes > blondes

But back to Veeky Forums.
Plot hooks for players!
>civil war in Broken Lords' lands: "fuck the meatbags" Marquiz openly revolted against "honor above all" ruler
>players get proposals from both sides

>Players explore ruins of the Endless, probably with monsters in them
>Find Cultists trying out new device that uses dust to cause immense tremors, that would collapse Vaulters' city not too far from there if it works full power

>War with necrophages
>Players are hired to kill Proliferators and/or do something bad with food storages of insect men

>Caravans are disappearing without a trace
>It's a new Necrophage sand worm with a forager cosplaying a freman on it eating them whole, together with wares, metals and Dust (OHSHIT!)
>Grows smart, insanely durable and out of control

What would constitute a player character? A hero, someone who has consumed a shitload of dust by accident/on purpose? A regular person with a weird backstory? How would a game even start? This isn't something where meeting at the tavern makes much sense.

If the former, then how about..
>PC's are a research team from a nearby unaligned free city checking out a ruin
>Set off a dust trap/long dormant experiment
>Come out of it changed. You've heard about shit like this happening before, just not with a whole team
>There's a lot more jobs open for people like you

I imagine they could just start off as regular individuals. "Leveling up" would occur through dust consumption/exposure and/or experience like in the games.

I would play a Cultist preacher following the party - sort of like a cleric, in terms of what he can do. He's certain that the party, as well as the people they meet, will eventually become part of the Cult, so he's content to travel with them, spreading the word, and on occasions do some readings for the other party-members.

He would try to avoid killing even their enemies, believing it a waste, and that conversion - forceful, if necessary - would help them find a useful place in society while also helping them spiritually.

Of course, he'd be clad in the same porcelain-armor they always wear, but only to a lesser degree, just covering his face, arms and legs, the rest hidden by heavy robes, holy books of the cult hanging around him on belts or ropes or similar things, as well as other holy objects. Weapon of choice would be a staff, or a ceremonial dagger.

So is EL2 currently worth getting? I remember finding 1 kind of lacklustre .

It has a full release in less than two weeks, but it has shaped up well over the course of it's early access life.

No contest, Necrophage bootleg hedge druid cum chef
Going with necro heroes food bonuses, have him lugging around pots filled with plants and crops, a big ol backpack filled with living vine tresses filled with herbs and a great big knife for carving stuff fresh. Maybe even give him a big sun hat with little hydroponic succulents hanging from it like those fancy air planters.

He's with the party to dungeon meshi the world.