Childhood is when you idolize Aragorn. Adulthood is when you realize Boromir makes more sense

Childhood is when you idolize Aragorn. Adulthood is when you realize Boromir makes more sense.

Some people will probably give you angry replies and not realize that you're riffing on a well-known phrase.

Childhood is when you post on Veeky Forums. Adulthood is when stop posting on Veeky Forums.

Sadly, we are all manchildren down here.

What was in the original? Communism and capitalism?

Batman and the Joker.

Boromir I feel is probably the representation of what it means to be a human. Because we fall into temptations and then after we do we regret.

>implying sam wasn't the true hero

>Boromir I feel is probably the representation of what it means to be a human

Faramir is unironically Tolkien's self-insert and, more than Boromir, meant to represent the common man.

Childhood is when you realize Cestree is best waifu. Adulthood is when you realize Ribbon is best daughterfu.

Boromir would have lost though.

I don't get it. Isn't Boromir objectively wrong, given the metaphysics of the setting? Like, you can't use Evil against Evil in Lord of the Rings, it just fucks you over.

I mean, as long as the Ring is not destroyed, Sauron wins by default. It's sort of what Talion's efforts in Shadow of Mordor are completely pointless, because you physically cannot win that way.

No one actually said that except the OP, and he just said it to get people to reply to his thread.

Childhood is when you want to field a Mad Cat.
Adulthood is when you want to field an Urbanmech.

Childhood is when you have blind faith in the God-Emperor of mankind. Adulthood is when you realize Horus was right all along.

I though Beren was Tolkien's self-insert

He had two, and Faramir was the sensitive young "normal" Human that came back from the war, realized it sucked, and settled down with a fierce young woman that found out the same thing.

Adulthood is when you work towards becoming Legolas.

Stalin and hitler.

Childhood is when you want to play orkz. Adulthood is when you realize orkz are an NPC faction.

Childhood is when you make good posts on le Veeky Forums, adulthood is when you make >epik for the winrarz one phrase epic threds XD
Who here /epicadultofepicnesswins!?!?!??!?!?!?!

It's true, when I became an adult I put away my childish things for a plate full of bacon, a delightfully curly moostache, and plaid button-ups.

Childhood is when you think D&D is good, adulthood is when you realize non-GURPS games will make you fall asleep from the sheer boredom.

Childhood is when you see believe either the Emperor or Horus had a good point. Adulthood is when you realize it's all fucking satire and you're not supposed to actually agree with any of them.

Gollum is what Veeky Forums turns people into

Reminder that Boromir is the only one in all of history to find into Rivendell uninvited.

Childhood is Middle Earth.
Adulthood is Lankhmar.

Childhood is when you idolize capitalism. Adulthood is when you realize communism makes more sense.

Childhood is when you make Charisma your dump stat. Adulthood is when you roll for anal circumference.

>childhood is Middle Earth
>adulthood is Beleriand

>"son, you are now 14 years old, the time to pass you rite of passage has come"
>"You and the other kids your age will not be playing D&D with the women and the children tonight"
>"Instead, you will join our shaman in his hut"
>"None can speak of what will happen, for it is Tabou, but if you walk out alive of that hut the next morning, you will be a man!"
>"Now go. Take these bone dice, they have been in the family for many generations. Trough them, your ancestors will guide and watch over you"
>"Come back a man, my son, or never come back at all"

Thats not how you spell Gimli

What age is catapult?

Childhood is when you idolize 5e. Adulthood is when you realize 4e makes more sense.

>Childhood is knowing fiction is fun. Adulthood is getting assfucked by reality so hard you're unable to enjoy anything.

I always liked Boromir. He was a great warrior, even if he fell to temptation early on, and his sacrifice was amazing and noble. There's a bit of sadness over the lost potential - what he could've done if he survived - but his death was important from a story perspective.

I still don't get that. Joker is just some needy schmuck who likes to find excuses to kill people.

It's the inverse.
Childhood is when you idolize communism. Adulthood is when you realize capitalism makes more sense.

IMO the lost potential in his character is also an important part in his death. It feels more real, he's struck down unable to even complete his character arc which sets the stakes for the fellowship that much higher.

But the best part was that his death actually did complete his character arc. Bravo tolkien.

Still wrong though, and so was the original.

He's an out of work stand up comic that almost went into organized crime to pay his bills until a freak accident basically put him on a permanent acid trip.