Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Red shoulders WBs are best edition

>Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>STUFF ANONS ASK FOR
www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html
mediafire.com/file/sc266oa6al1jb7o/the-binary-succession.mp3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fdgWIcuuD6I?t=5h21m
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for my space dad could beat up your space dad

Anyone uploaded Sons of the Forge yet?

Anyone know how to convert legs enough to have each pose be unique? I'm going to have around 90 plain power-armoured infantry models, and I want them to be all more or less distinguishable individually. It makes it harder because most of them will be in MKIII, which doesn't have the same kind of joints as MKIV/MKV/MKVI etc.

Can Custodes take normal contemptor dreads?

No.

Oh fuck, well shit. That sucks.

Reposting from last thread.

Imperial Fists
Rite Of War: Pride Of The Legion

HQ: Legion Praetor w/ Cataphractii Terminator Armor, Paragon Blade, Vigil Pattern Storm Shield, and Grenade Harness 160pt

HQ: Command Squad of 4 w/ Cataphractii Terminator Armor, 1 Iliastus Pattern Assault Cannon, and 2 Chainfist 190pt

Dedicated Transport: Legion Land Raider Phobos w/ Extra Armor 230pt

Elites: Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought w/ Two Kheres-Assault Cannons, Havoc Launcher, and Extra Armor 200pt

Troops Legion Veteran Tactical Squad of 10 w/ a Veteran Sergeant w/ a Power Axe, Melta Bombs, and Combi Melta; 4 Combi Meltas 225pt

Transport: Rhino w/ Extra Armor 40pt

Troops Legion Veteran Tactical Squad of 10 w/ a Veteran Sergeant w/ a Powerfist and Combi Plasma, 4 Combi Plasmas 225pt

Troops Legion Veteran Tactical Squad of 10 w/a Veteran Sergeant w/ a Powerfist, and 2 Heavy Bolters w/ Suspensor Webs 215pt

Fast Attack: Xiphon Pattern Interceptor w/ Ground Tracking Auguries 215pt

Fast Attack: Legion Seeker Squad of 10 w/ a Sergeant w/ a Powerfist 270pt

Heavy Support: Legion Vindicator Squad of 3 w/ Extra Armor and Machine Spirit 450pt

Heavy Support: Legion Land Raider Phobos w/ Extra Armor 230pt

Heavy Support: Deredeo Dreadnought w/ a Lascannon Battery and Aiolos Missile Launcher 270pt

3000pt

List is still illegal.

How?

thoughts about using plastic mkIV and resin mkIV together? why is resin mkIV so DYEL?

Different user, but there's one veteran sergeant with meltabombs, which they can't take (it's only available as a squad-wide upgrade on veteran tacticals). If that's what user is upset with then it does seem a little churlish, though.

What do you think about Pius

who?

Oh oops. I must not have been paying attention to that. I'll just adjust it.

You have more vehicles than infantry.

Late reply to last thread because I was sleeping:
>gold recipe plz
For my gold, I use P3 paints, so I'll try and relate it as closely as possible to Citadel paints as well. I usually only do one layer each, as at least with these colors P3 paint goes on thin but stacks nicely together.
>Base Layer: P3 Sulfuric Yellow/GW Yriel Yellow
>Mid Layer: P3 Rhulic Gold/GW Gehenna's Gold (you want a very rich gold with a bit of orange tinge)
>Top Layer: P3 Brass Balls/GW Retributor Armour (or possibly Skullcrusher Brass)
>Finish with your choice of brown wash, I've been using Agrax Earthshade.

I don't wanna shit talk Horus Heresy and talk down on it. I just wanna know what the appeal of it is since story wise we already know how it plays out. And models wise, it doesn't seem too good either I suppose? I mean not good as in nothing amazing, not that they aren't good, because they are still good looking. I don't wanna step on toes, I'm just genuinely curious.

Literally not a stipulation. Also transports are exempt from the rule.

Since I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at my guy: what I find appealing about the Great Crusade/Horus Heresy era is not only the sense of larger scale battles, but the historic sense of it if that makes any sense. Although it isn't nearly as anal as IRL historic tabletop games, it carries a sense of importance and legacy. Plus, I'm personally not a fan of the 'feel' 40k era Marines on either side (pretty much all mouthbreathing zealots), while I do enjoy a lot of the different styles and methods of Marines during 30k.

It's the grand lore and setting and the cool models for me.

Bad
Bot
Die

Friendly reminder folks, loyalty is its own reward.

>poor little green guy

>poor little white bot

Loyalty to who?

>Brazzers

reward how?

They showed how the Dropsite Massacre was such a tragedy. The last stand by the traitor legion loyalists makes me cri evrytime
Also is interesting seeing how the Primarchs interact before and after the corruptions. Also dem glimpses at the Emperor

The whole Isstvan thing was a tragedy, with the virus bombing on Isstvan III and later the dropsite massacre on Isstvan V.

I hear trusting Guilliman is also its own reward.

For the same reason anyone enjoys a series about WWII or the Civil War.

It's the ride, not the destination.

It has game-wise an appeal of higher power-level gear since IoM is on the decline in 40k and before the HH it was on the rise. Fluff-wise, it expands on one of the most defining moments in 40k and adds a lot of character to the primarchs, emperor, and other named characters. It's like reading a tragedy, you know shit is going to go down but want to know how and why. It is a fair question to ask either way so don't feel bad about asking it

What's your favorite legion? Why?

What's your least favorite legion? Why?

Because the themes of betrayal and desperate struggle are highly enjoyable, I love the grim resolve feeling of mashing tactical blobs together and having these identical superhuman warriors mudwrestle each other to death after shooting away all of their ammo against their brothers power armour. Also dreadnaughts make my dick hard

meant the whole Isstvan thing, was typing in grief
Saul Tarvitz plsss be alive
The audiobook voices of Garro and Tarvitz gave Saul's warning so much impact and meaning

>favorite
Thousand Sons, I can just imagine loyalist psykers using tutelaries to destroy daemons. Radical Inquisitors would love that shit
>least
Space Wolves, fucking hypocrite savages
Is my bias showing guise?

I know right, and Ancient Rylanor too please.
Good books for sure.

>It is a fair question to ask either way so don't feel bad about asking it
No, it really isn't. It's the equivalent of asking why someone would enjoy Empire Strikes Back even though everyone already knows Vader is Luke's father.

Favorite: Luna Wolves - Speed, Strength, Surprise, Aggression, Meritocracy, Boldness, Best.

Least favorite: Space Wolves - Part time soldiers full time going on about it.

Seriously, how many people are still using outdated rules ? Here's POTL from the latest red book armylist.

Or is this one of those 'if it doesn't give me an advantage I want to keep using old, replaced rules' kind of deal.

The rules are that much better than 40k.

It's not hard to be better than literal garbage

They're dead, Jim :^|
What audiobooks are you talking about?

Favorite : Space Wolves : wild and feral but loyal to the death. They have theirs own culture and proud of it. Theirs tribal spirit are there strong. Chaotic good alignement. I think they are the more human legion, they care about peoples.

Least: Emperor's children, quest of perfection is their doom, they become more and more arrogant en self-obsessed.

Why do you sound like such an ass?

Dedicated Transports do not count towards the rule; they never have.

>I think they are the more human legion, they care about peoples.

You must be thinking 40k wolves. 30k wolves aren't called the Executioners for no reason.

re-asking from the previous thread:

how nice do the tartaros and cata[hractii bits play together?

Do the tartaros shoulders and arms fit nicely to cata[hractii torsos?

just the audiobook versions of the novels
youtu.be/fdgWIcuuD6I?t=5h21m
Here's the conversation from Garro's point of view, when his ship intercepted Tarvitz who was trying to get a warning to the loyalists on the surface.
Unfortunately could not find the one from Tarvitz point of view, because his was more dramatic because less background character chatter

>Favorite
Iron Warriors. I dig their brutal pragmatism and love for big guns.

>least favorite
Space Wolves. Bunch of Viking cosplaying assholes with an overinflated sense of importance.

Favorite Legion: Renissance men legion that excels at all they do while staying humble about it. Best primarch and a cool look.

Worst Legion: Night Lords. Try hard edgy nerds that get destroyed anytime they get into a real fight.

Blood Angelsfor favorite*

Yep, Salamanders are the muh civilians legion.

I though Pre-Russ SW were literally NL tier when working with humans to the point that they would rather have WE reinforcements because they had some sort of honour code

Yep, looked it up SW were the worst Legion to the people

>the 'unwonted savagery' of the Vl was often spoken of alongside the future Night Lords in the symposia of the great and the good of the Great Crusade's hierarchy

>this insult may even have been meant to unfavourably compare the Vl to the equally ferocious Xll, already become known as the War
Hounds, a Legion also renowned for the unbelievable violence of its mettle in battle,
but which was at this time held up as an
example of honourably controlled fury, its
rage directed only at the direst foes and used
to overcome the most overmatching odds.

RIP glorious "line officer". Oh, the traitors were wrong about Tarvitz for sure.

No bully.

Source on this? I'd love to read about this shit.

Just model them as normal. I'm thinking of getting a Relic contemptor and using the twin-HB arm as the two storm bolters the dread has, and putting a Venerable dread hand on the fist arm.

>What's your favorite legion? Why?

2, because they don't exist.

>What's your least favorite legion? Why?

11, because they don't exist.

Inferno page 74-75

Yes, but I can't use them in a custodes only army thought, that's the problem.

Sagittarus, the first custode dread had a contemptor chassie IIRC. Sucks that I can't run him in the game. Friendly games should be ok .

Cool beans, thanks user!

I mean I have a trio of MKIIB Land Raiders and a regular Contemptor for my Custodes in 40k; I use them in 30k if my opponents are cool with it.

Just making models for fun is all that matters.

Some will be ok with it, some will not.
But yeah
>Just making models for fun is all that matters.
True, most of my primarch kit bashes will never see the gaming table most likely.

>Yes, but I can't use them in a custodes only army thought, that's the problem.

I just told you how to use it.

The Talons of the Emperor box has a shitty calthtemptor painted gold so presumably you can in 40k. Not that it's incredibly relevant.

Primarily a Mechfag, but favourite has to be Word Bearers despite incompetence, mostly for the awesome aesthetic and models and partly because I like the idea of doing planetary assimilation properly and then deciding "Ah, fuck it" and literally making all hell break loose. Also summoning looks fun and I want to try it out.

Least favourite has to be Space Wolves, because barbarians playing at soldiers and culture while butchering civilians en masse for no reason is hypocritical as fuck, and all their strategy shows their supposed cunning is pretty much limited to decent squad tactics. "I have good gear so CHARGE THE GUNLINE" and then winning because plot armour is pretty much the most boring and bullshit way to write a battle, even the fucking World Eaters had good armoured assault tactics because it would get them massacred if they didn't.

>my primarch kit bashes
Could I see them, please?

Not yet sorry, since they are unfinished.

The SW were literally that, wolves. Even the World Eaters had a marginally better reputation than them. Hell, they were the only Legion that required MPs to keep troops in line. They didn't start becoming more human til after the Heresy. During the Crusade and the Heresy, they only cared about the Emperor's commands and themselves.

>only Legion

Nice lie. The text for the discipline trooper clearly states that VI needed more than regular legions (so all legions had them) and makes it pretty clear that XII needed a lot of them as well, making it harder to tell which one had more.

>What's your favorite legion? Why?
Night Lords, I think the batwings on their head is funny and they have the edgiest primarch
>What's your least favorite legion? Why?
Night Lords, I think the batwings on their head is funny and they have the edgiest primarch

>Favorite
Imperial Fists. I love the stubborn siege boys with a passion and think they can be some of the most passionate and intense characters in all of 30k

>Least
Word Bearers. I enjoy them but the cartoony aspect of them drives me up a wall at times.

Huron-Fal and Temeter in Eisenstein :(

Favourite: Iron Hands. Tough sons of bitches, cybernetics galore and they justify me building a mechanicum force :^)

Least Favourite: Space Yiffs. Irritating special snowflakes with a cancerous fanbase and appeal to the lowest common denominator with their "VIKING IN SPACE!!!1!!!" bullshit. magnus did nothing wrong

>(so all legions had them)
Source - your ass. It's true Warhounds had heard of summary executions within the ranks, but not all or even most of the legions had MPs.

How did you last game go /hhg/?
I got a game in yesterday with my Death Guard vs Squat Militia. Played a Centurion style game and it was a fucking blast having no bullshit tanks or LoW's. Game ended up a draw as we played denial and neither of us claimed the objective at the end.

Help I am new, how do I upvote this.

Is this nigga fucking serious?

No the him, but that doesn't indicate that ALL legions had them.

blame ultrafags novel writters for that. They were cool in 40k, they were the organized chaos force, one of the main threats for the imperium. Everything was fine until some fuckers decided to use them as regular CSM for HH

So what does, "far larger number of Disciplinary troops than almost any other Legion," mean?

Because what it doesn't say is "only SW had them."

It means that other legions had them and that the XIIth probably had more. It doesn't mean that all legions had them. (although it doesn't rule that out)

that was the most bro I've ever seen the Death Guard. all the traitor legion loyalists would have been great Chapter Master heroes in 40k

Fair enough, though before I see evidence that not all legions had disciplinary troops, I'm gonna assume they all did have them. I mean, surely they serve other functions other than summary executions of crazed individuals.

>manually detonate your dreadnought reactor
>creating an explosion large enough to be seen from orbit
>right next to the sealed bunker doors that are protecting your comrades from getting Life Eatered

Goddamn it, Huron.

Well, given some of them may turn out to have been founding members of the deathwatch/grey knights, I'd argue some were even bigger cheeses than that.

Iron Hands are pretty cool. They always seem to have a bad rep because of Ferrus being the first primarch casualty, which is a shame.

Was it Ferrus or Magnus that shit-talked Lorgar for wanting to build a beautiful city and not conquer world?

Savage

holy shit, no wonder lorgar ended up on chaos

Top bantz, get rekted Lorgar.

Boi Ferrus is a godamn savage, top fucking kek

It's like the whole "the presence of Chaplains in 40k implies marines can be found wanting in their zeal" argument we were having the other day.
Remember Krieger Commissars. They're not there because those guys are scared to die for the Emperor. On the contrary, they're there because Kriegers are too eager to do so, so they must be held back.
Astartes Disciplinary can perform many functions, especially in a time when marines were inducted on a massive scale and cuantity over quality, when turning a teen into a space marine took as little as a single year and they weren't tested against treachery, fear and other ailments of the mind, and their only spiritual training was whatever faith on the Great Crusade your Primarch could teach you. Only muscle and the rawest of mettle mattered back then.
Discipline officers would push marines to charge beings made out of fear, or to reel them back in lest their fury overwhelmed their sense of self, as it happened with SW and WE berzerkers.

Ha, Lorgar's such a fucking bitch, can't even complain right