40k general

8th will be awesome stop crying fags edition

>The Duncan can!
youtube.com/watch?v=N2vwVgNBFL8

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf2

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JXfGpy5hJkI
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/06/new-warhammer-40000-war-zone-cadia-may6gw-homepage-post-4/
strawpoll.me/12908554
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fIRST FOR nURGLE!

>plague marines getting somewhere first
Who else was going for it, Necrons?

Where do the circled pieces go on the leviathan dread's cyclonic melta lance?

I can't even understand why people are getting worried about 8th.

Chances are it can't possibly be worse than 7th and even if it was would that really surprise you? This is GW we're talking about, you have to expect that things only get worse.

Nth for Imperial Crybabies run everything

They just made the charge user :^)

Where N=1 because only you care that much about it.

>nurgle marines rolling a fucking 12 on a charge
Welp, time to kill myself, I lost.

How will they ever recover?

>m-muh gullyman crusade
>i-imperator vult

Can't crusade if there's a moat made of hellfire that :blocks your path: :^)

DRONES! Why have you not liked my post about nameing an ant colony after the imperium? I shall crush your skulls! youtu.be/JXfGpy5hJkI

You understamite the power of bad writing!

It's the 6th /7th fags who have no context on how awful the game was.

Indeed all this 40kids having less than two decades of wargaming have no taste

I never thought I'd look back on 4th with fond memories but here we are.

I kind of hope 8th is a disaster, at least then some community projects will step up to the plate. We will never had decent rules while the people who write them also make the models.

Well, today my largely primed or unpainted Skitarii (haven't had much free time for the last couple months) went up against some rather nice Red Scorpions. Anyone up for a 1k batrep? I remembered to take a couple photos.

Go for it.

Post away.

I liked 4th. It was truly beer and pretzel type of game where everything was really abstracted. I wish the codex of the time had better production value, but whatever.

Are you saying you want to put at least vaguely interesting stories on the 40k general instead of constant whining? What a dick.
please do

Reminder
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/06/new-warhammer-40000-war-zone-cadia-may6gw-homepage-post-4/

also poll
strawpoll.me/12908554

>"Tyranid 6th edition will be awesome stop crying fags."

>last week: shitposting against xenofags
>this week: shitposting against imperialfags

Jeez, I wonder who might be behind the influx of ms paints images.

I'm hoping for a push and pull type thing. Chaos wins by destroying Cadia and splitting the galaxy in half. Imperium pushes back by reviving Guilliman, turning Cadia into a space fortress and creating NuMarines. Then the Daemon Primarchs leave their planets to finish their unfinished business with Guilliman. Then the other loyalist Primarchs come back.

And then, Horus Heresy 2: Electric Boogaloo.

There's a small area on the back of the shoulders on the leviathan for those pieces, gun arms use just the little vent, melee weapons have a cable that attached to the back of the arm

What I did since I magnetized the arms was I attached the vent pieces to the shoulders then using a hairdyer bent the cables for the arm weapons so that they would tuck into a gap right above the "elbow"

Pretty please.

OK then.

So we both brought fairly standard lists, I wanted to throw in a little melee and he went for no vehicles at all.

AdMech:
Skitarii Maniple:
10 Vanguard, Omnispex, 3 Plasma Calivers and Pater Radium because spare 20 pts.
5 Rangers, Omnispex
5 Infiltrators, Omniscient Mask
Dunecrawler, Neutron + Extra Stubber

Allied Detachment:
Dominus with Eradication Ray and Conversion Field
3 Kataphron GravStroyers, Phosphor Blasters

Red Scorpions:
10-man Tactical Squad with Grav/Combigrav and Missile Launcher, Combat Squadded the usual way.
7 Sternguard and ML2 Geomancy Librarian in a pod, mix of combi-plasma and combi-meltas.
5 Bikers with gravs, ML2 Librarius Libby Warlord on bike with them.
5 Devs, 2 Lascannon 2 Grav-Cannon with Amps

Both of us basically took our 1850 lists and knocked off 850, which is why they look a little wierd.

He rolled up the Fury of the Ancients (S6 AP4 Pinning 20" Beam) and Null Zone (-2 to Invulns) on the Librarius, and Warp Quake (d6 S6 hits on units in a terrain piece) and Twisting Worldscape (Move terrain 24") on the Geomancer. A tad unlucky, there. WTs were nothing interesting.

I didn't photograph deployment, but I stuck the Kataphrons in a ruin in front of the Crawler, the Dragoons behind another building and not Scouting while the Infiltrators hid inside it, the Rangers on an objective and the Dominus leading the Vanguard straight up the middle.
He deployed the Missile combat squad onto the top of a ruin with Objective 3, the devs and other tacs onto a long ruin in his deployment and the bikes in front, in a line.

Turn 1, he Null Zoned the Dominus' squad and shot everything into him, but some lucky LoS and Feel No Pain on the Skitarii meant he got out of it on two wounds and four dead Skittles, including the Alpha and Omnispex.
The Sternguard landed right on the board edge and shook the Kataphrons up inside their ruin, then lit them up with Combi-Plasma for first blood. He saved the Meltas.

First for Yvraine Queen regent of the Imperium of Man

CADIA MAY HAVE BROKEN; THE GUARD, HAVE NOT.

>Poised around the Eye sits a force of Space Marines rivalling that of the Legions of old, entire Knight Households, and of course, the orphans of Cadia themselves – more than 200 regiments of Astra Militarum shock troops eager for vengeance.

At this moment, Abaddon realized he dun fucked up.

His Bike Libby had hit perils with Null Zone, losing a wound and the ability to cast it again, which was again very lucky on my part.

The Dunecrawler, despite no Doctrinas in effect, earned himself the Omnissiah's favour with the best shot he's ever made, killing five Sternguard and the Librarian in a blinding burst of Cherenkov radiation. The Dragoons swung around and impaled the two remaining Sternguard into their own pod, despite a melta blast only just saved on the Incense Cloud.
Dominus Xander Treides sealed his torso plating with his cutting torch and began chanting the Canticle of Binharic Omniscience, calming the machine spirits of the plasma and allowing them to drop two of the bikes and the Rangers nailed another one, before one of the remaining Carbine Vanguard bullseyed the remaining two with a strafing burst of fire. He has been recommended for promotion to Alpha.

>more than 200 regiments of Astra Militarum shock troops eager for vengeance.
>carnac argued that pretty much all cadians died in the events of fall of cadia

CHOOSE
YOUR
ALLIANCE

How will GW ruin Sanguinius' sacrifice?

So does 8th starter box release 17.5?

He is the Saguinor gold guy?

Does anyone have any good names for a Slannesh chaos space marine warband?

with ward's spawn becoming a complete reincarnation

Cenobites

That Marine army seems pretty bad, curious to see how it works out.

Ah got it, thanks. I got 2 of each arm (except for the grav, I don't play 30k) so I'll have to figure out how to make em all interchangeable. I'll try that out.

>Queen regent of the Imperium of Man

STOP RIGHT THERE, YOU XENOS HARLOT!

If that's your magical realm then whatever, have fun.

No, I did not. Stop making things up. All what's been said in fall of Cadia is that there are only 2 million of them left and they are the only hope for the legend of Cadia and its bloodline to survive.

Unlike you, I don't make things up.

The absolute worst they can do is bring him back just to sell a model

But it won't happen Baal is going to get destroyed and the BA squatted

>The Barbed Fists
>The Transgressors
>The Painrpetrators
>The Degenderanged
>The Fifty of Gib't

Is there a good way to run an Imperial Guard force with lots of Shotgun Vets without going full mechanized?

The remaining Biker Librarian decided discretion was indeed the better part of valour and retreated behind the improvised gunline fort, channeling the Emperor's Wrath against the flickering battle armour of the Sicarians, which did an excellent job of attenuating the blast that flared through the ruins.
The Missile Launcher slammed a second shot into the side armor of the Dunecrawler, but again failed to penetrate, while the Devastators lit up the Dragoons, crushing one with the green beams of Grav-Cannon. More slashed against the Dominus striding forward through the gunsmoke, but his haloed Conversion Field turned them aside harmlessly.

The Skitarii didn't even seem to realise they were under fire, the Infiltrators content to remain ducked down inside their bunker (because I entirely forgot about them, embarrassingly) while occasional Galvanic Rifle fire did little to discourage the Marines manning the barricades, wounds sealed with the flick of a Narthecium. Neutron and Eradicator blasts pummeled the right battlements, sending two Devastators staggering back with their armour scoured of colour but no lasting damage.

Wait till 8th.

>blood angels have been one step from chaos with all the weird lore about them trying to fix the defect
>black rage is spreading
>all chapters being recalled to Baal for a full legion force, all the blood angels in one place
>mass slaughter of blood angels and their homeworld by tyranids

If the old rumor of one falling to chaos and another turning loyal, then Sanguinius/Sanguinor with his weird living saint style existence could be a thing. Though it would just be world eaters 2, electric boogaloo

The Beloved

I doubt it and I doubt that 8th will really change that. They'll need some form of transport, doubly so if you're giving them shotguns.

Perfect Sons
Sons of Perdition
The Anointed Ones

Elysian Drop Troops have deep strike across the board if you're that desperate to not take transports.

This is scary true

This is the second time you posted the same post in reply to the same post. I call samefag.

Well, you're going to want some of them mechanised (or airborne) to get onto objectives. I guess the rest can act as counter-assault units or something. Probably going to want a fair number of heavy firepower units to make up for the lack of lasguns, but fortunately you've got loads to choose from.

The only thing shotguns offer over lasguns is the ability to charge after shooting, so you want to be ready to do that. Probably best to take quite a few units which can assist with that, because guard close combat is pretty anemic. Ogryns, bulgryns, rough riders and characters are about all you have. Of those, rough riders are actually likely to be the best simply for the ability to get where you need them. Might want to take some allies to make up for what you don't have. Skitarii are fairly decent; vanguard give you some more brutal close-range shooting and the ability to drop enemy T in close combat, while secutari and dragoons are fast and deadly. There's probably some shit in imperial agents that works well too and might be a bit more fitting for your style.

The missile operator changed target, but had no more success as the projectile did little more than scorch the armour of the last Dragoon. Grav-amps and Lascannon brought down a Sicarian as they finally advanced, and two Skitarii plasma gunners fell to bolter fire and grav-guns.

With some of their famously precise aim finally restored, the Crawler and Vanguard again strafed the battlements, and the Apothecary grabbed the man he was treating and dived off the walkway as the other three battle-brothers were reduced to bone fragments and bleached Ceramite shards. The Rangers continued to attempt suppressing fire, but with only two Skitarii able to see their adversaries it was no more effective than last time.

The Devastators slagged the actuators in the Dunecrawler's left legs, pinning it in place in plain sight of the other Tactical team, who once again failed to damage the armour plating. A psychic blast of energy slashed across the Infiltrators advancing through the ruin reducing one to chopped meat.

The Dominus continued his steady advance, macrostubber rattling across ceramite as his squad changed direction and fired on the Devastators, killing two. The Dunecrawler failed to adapt to reduced fire arc and missed completely, burning a neat hole through a ruined forge across the street from his target. The remaining Infiltrators eventually cleared the ruins, but charged into a volley of fire from the entrenched Devastators, downing all but the Alpha.

Nth for the GreaterKnights; riven from the broodmind and rededicated to the glorious Ordo Malleus as the perfect psyker-soldier.

That's about what I expected. I'll probably wait and see if 8th changes things, but I may just need to go with lots of Chimeras.

The reason I'm hesitant is because I wanted a more feral/feudal world style guard army, and I'm not sure massed vehicles fits that

>play tournament today
>roll so badly and get so ROFLstomped because of it that I'm too annoyed and disappointed to even take pictures despite wanting to do a BatRep

I suppose losing 1/3rd of your army turn 1 for 3 matches in a row does that to you.

The Perfected
Penetration Nation
The Aristocrats
The Decadent
Euphoric
The Gelded

Eldar, Tau, or did they go full skyhammer on you?

Phonefag, but no samefag. Just bored and baiting. Will post more proof in a sec

Hah, sounds like any of the games I play. My marines have so little succesfull hits and saves every game it always feels like I'm playing Orks with ATSKNF.

>Play casual game against friends Elysians
>He's using a Sky Talon to proxy an Avenger, something he's wanted to try using for the longest time.
>Turn 3 it arrives, does no damage and dies to when my Predators autocannon causes crash and burn.

The Librarian finished off the disgraced Sicarian with another beam as the remaining Tacticals formed up next to him and opened fire from the ornate windows, now chipped and splintered from crude solid-munition machine guns and Galvanic Rifles. The other Tactical Squad fired yet another ineffectual missile before the Dunecrawler fired again, forcing them down but unharmed. A lascannon beam finally downed the Dragoon running across the roof, sending it crashing through the durasteel plate.

Dominus Treides smashed through the weakened door of the barricaded building, Eradication Ray burning away the Librarian's torso as the corpse slumped down against his bike. The remaining Tactical attempted to flee as the plasma caliver followed suit, but barely made it past the edge of the ruin before the Skitarius fired.
The Apothecary, turning to meet the Techpriest in combat took a Power Axe swing to the torso, Narthecium swinging up instinctively to seal the worst of the damage before he collapsed, sys-an membrane taking effect.

Game 1 was a deep-striking Dreadnought roasting my entire PlasCal Skitarii unit and one of my Kataphron units running 12" off the board after losing 1 dude.

Game 2 was Tau hiding in the farthest corner on deployment out of reach and then jumping forward, also cleaning the PlasCal unit and a Kataphron unit and proceeding to outgun me from there.

Game 3 was Smashfucker Deathstar roasting the PlasCal unit with a Land Speeder and clearing one of my Kataphron units with a direct hit Orbital Strike.

Nobody had any real fun playing any of those matches because all of them were absolutely decided by turn 2 and I was lucky if I killed more than 2 units.

Just make a haiku.

thought his base was a poker chip

I feel like someone has done the "Grey Knights are GSC's" thing before.

>give Skitarii BS7
>roll 15 shots
>results in 6 hits
>not a single wound
AMAZING GAMEPLAY

Heh, that luck. Reminds me of when a friend and I jumped on TTS to play eldar vs orks for shits and giggles. I managed to roll so bad and he lucked out with so many card draws for objectives that while I still managed to do more damage pointwise it was a complete tactical victory for the orks. I avoided scat bike spam but holy fuck I got pushed into a corner with his bikers and the tarpit game was real.

All in all it was pretty satisfying because the horrendous rolls turned it into a pretty interesting game. I just wish that I got actual useful objective cards that game. Fuck that card that requires holding literally every objective.

>Brings a Titan formation to a "narrative" game
>T 20
>W 50
>SV 2+
>each
>Opponent sends fabious bile into combat with them
>he hits first due to assaulting
>hits
>wounds on 6+ (because everything can do that in 8th
>I fail my save
>His weapon is Instant Death
>Remove Titan from the field
>Remove other 2 Titans after failing battle shock

Let's go 8th!

>NuMarines are called Primaris Marines
>Guilliman started the Primaris Marines project back during the heresy to combat chaos-infused Traitors because normal marines were losing ground vs chaos-powered brethren
>They are Bobby G's geneseed crossed with methods of making Custodes and added AdMech Tech
>only Cawl and Bobby G knew of the project
>Thousands of Primaris Marines we created and stored on different worlds across galaxy in cryo-pods ready for deployment(remember the teaser video)
>Fulgrim vs Guilliman happened and the Primaris Marines were never launched
>Cawl didn't want to launch them without the word of Bobby G
>Cawl's actual main objective was to get these marines to launch, but the objective of rezzing Guilliman came first
>These marines are to help bolster chapters that are low in numbers
>Some will reject the Primaris Marines as abominations because they are not made with X Primarch's geneseed
>potentially cause a rift in the Imperium

Gamewise:
>They are THE answer to Truescale marines without replacing the entire range(and pissing off customer base), so they can be used as Truescales OR Primaris Marines
>Primaris Marines can be fielded along side other Space Marines
>Primaris Marines can be fielded as a standalone force
>More points heavy than GK
>Primaris Marines have exclusive access to some new weapons
>1 type of weapon per squad, so all 5 guys get the same weapon
>The Starter set is Ultras VS Death Guard (You do get Primaris Marines, too.)
>Starter set should include roughly 56 models
>Under $150 USD
>5 Books at launch, Space Marines, Imperium, Chaos, Xenos 1, and Xenos 2, each serving as a printed compendium of the "all released at once" rules update for 8th with faction exclusive updates coming later

Source: local blackshirt

>The reason I'm hesitant is because I wanted a more feral/feudal world style guard army, and I'm not sure massed vehicles fits that

A lot of the imperium has high and low tech side-by-side. Knights are some of the most advanced warmachines produced by man, but they come from worlds which are distinctly medieval.

So maybe try to find ways to make your vehicles look like they are crewed by primitives rather than remove them altogether? Wooden pallisades for gun shields, lots of candles and torches, wooden barrels rather than fuel drums, that kind of thing. Maybe have them decorated with heraldic symbols. Steal some shields and accessories from fantasy kits.

yeah thats totally how its going to happen

>Hurr, look at me trying to mix 7th and 8th rules to show how 8th is retarded!

>neomarines have presumably different (and superior) stats to normal marines
eugh

Stop giving him (you)s, and he'll eventually get bored.

So the assualt, devastator, captain and librarian rumoured to be in the starter are not likely to be Primaris?

Well, that was that. Had to go get dinner for five mins there. Slightly wish the Infiltrators had actually done anything other than soaking up all the convenient S6 AP4 powers, but whatever. Ended in an Admech victory by three points, thanks to the Rangers and Dunecrawler sitting on objectives all game, despite the Rangers killing literally one bike. Dominus was a star, tanked fucking everything even with Null Zone. I realize why Grav is so scary now, never really had to fight it in volume before.

I feel bad for the Missile Tactical. Got five consecutive hits and then failed pen rolls against AV12 and AV11, someone loaded his launcher with duds. He tanked two turns of Dunecrawler shooting (I need more of them if that's how they're going to perform consistently, what with the oneshotting 5 Sternguard and a Libby), and never missed a shot, so it's clearly not his fault.

Nah, just painted a cog on there messing about one day. He was my second model ever, so I didn't really know about basing them. When the whole army is done I'm going to base them all at once, but getting rid of all that ugly primer and plastic is first priority.

brool cory, sto.

Screencap it then, son. Make a meme out of me if I'm wrong.

Blackshirts get told almost nothing. Looks like guesswork to me.

I had a really rough game as demons right before the 6th ed codex came out. It was a mirror match. My opponent wins the right to force me to go first (fuck), the wrong half of my army is forced to deploy first(fuck), my deepstrikes almost all scatter poorly with my opponent getting to choose where to place 2 units(fuck), since my opponent has 0 units on board my army does fuck all turn 1. Opponents turn 1 they get the right half of their army(fuck), none of their units scatter at all, and they alphastrike off everything but 2 squads.

T2 nothing of mine comes in, my units retreat and I have to pray my opponent whiffs on rolls to avoid getting tabled. My opponent gets the rest of his army in T2, I am reduced to a single Horror(T3 4++ model) who manages to pass like 4 saves in a row.

Game was basically over from there.

We already knew this about the Guillicast Eternals. GW's made no secret of it.

It's what he said he "could feed to me". May 20, June 3, June 10, June 17, and June 24th are ALL big release days.

>M-make me immortal!
You are not worthy of our gifts.

May 27th*, not 20th.

How many of these are you going to post?

>8th will be awesome
I've seen nothing to sway me from a stance of very cautious optimism. Especially since the Sigmarines rumors are real.

So guard are officially stuck. No reboot. Same characters. Only trying to retake cadia. I won't be too hyped for 8th until I see something promising about guard. Most rules actually fuck them over too. Only good rule is maybe falling back from CC to shoot.

nnnot exactly

Depends on the size of the release and the personal network of the blackshirt in question. This is a major release only a month out. It won't be long before some stores get their copies of shit to get ready before release.

And if they've got even a tangential connection to head office (and, you know, a good reputation for keeping their fuckin' mouths shut), they'll know this stuff months in advance.

>No reboot
new model line for plastic steel legion when we hit armageddon and the release of angry ron and Margaret

If we keep saying 'Steel Legion plastics when', maybe we'll get our wish.
Though, I'd settle for Catachan being back in stock.

He posted it again, the absolute madman.

Wtf are you going on about?

Do you think we'll get the transcendent C'tan back in the new ruleset?