Fay and other things

Well Hello Anons, you caught me Thinking about the Fae-Realms.
Since I'm building a few NPCs and stuff I would like you to ask a few questions about your opinion on these mystical creatures.
First of, what do you like the most about them? And by that I don't think of an answer like "i wanna fuck a Dryad" and why are mortals so fascinated with them?
Why would a mortal aspire to become one of them - if it is somehow possible??
Did you ever play a character who did this or a similiar thing??

Also pic only slightly related but, hot Fay females I guess...

Other urls found in this thread:

lorepodcast.com/episodes/11
lorepodcast.com/episodes/14
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I tend to make my Fae based after folk lore.
I suggest listening to these episodes of The Lore podcast.

lorepodcast.com/episodes/11
lorepodcast.com/episodes/14

I think people are fascinated with things we don't understand.

For me, Fae are not only things, it is a place. A place made up of the threads and laws that holds our universe together.

Its what keeps space turning and holds our feet to the ground. But it also life also comes from it. Humans and animals, but sometimes something nor alive nor dead crawls out of it. sometimes that thing will look fairly human and other times it is an unfathomable monstrosity.

>hot fey
>not eldritch abominations that steal your children and play tricks on you

You, I like.

>fay
>fae
>fey
>fée
Just pick one. (hint: it's fey)

>dude leldritch abominations
Read a book instead.

This is a blue board.

>implying le sexy fairies is any better

I live in Scotland and the scenery is very fae-like

But then you look closer and the ground is just covered in heroin needles and it ruins the effect slightly

That's pretty spoopy user. I bet the faeries did it.

>implying fae arn't druggies.

Why not both?

>First of, what do you like the most about them?
Alluring tricksters that are utterly alien to human understanding
>why are mortals so fascinated with them?
That's what fae do, they fascinate mortals and use them for them wims. Beyond that, of course power itself is pretty sexy.
>Why would a mortal aspire to become one of them - if it is somehow possible??
It ain't possible. If you aspire to actually be one of them, you must be pretty alienated from human society already.
>Did you ever play a character who did this or a similiar thing??
Not really.

I wanna fuck a Dryad.

But seriously, fey are cool. They are one part alien one part unbridled humanity. I usually write them as raw, everything they do is just unfiltered. They are the shadows hidden in the corners of our eyes, but they see us much in the same way, a minor distraction in their mystical experiences. Which is why mortals and fey get along so well when we search for power. To mortals, fey are above the rules of reality, but to fey, mortals are often not subject to the many laws and hindrances they are bound to by the Seelie Court. So often times fey and mortals will enter a contract, helping eachothers goals in ways they could never hope to achieve.

Mortals who wish to become fey often do so through patronage and a series of occult tasks, gaining power and immortality, but quickly losing their humanity. Fey will sometimes become mortal, usually to placate a sense of romanticism or ideal, but sometimes to escape vindiction from the greater powers that plauge the Court.

A character that associates with fey are usually already detached from the world in some way. Either they see fey as a wild ideal of power and freedom, a contrast to how they see human society, or as a group of spirits to be worshipped or feared, and never to be slighted. The great upset many find is that while fey are free in our reality, in theirs they are bound and ordered by their laws. Faerie law, for mortals, is contrarian at best and a mystical series of paradoxes at best. Fey are bound by the chains of the Fates in ways mortals can never imagine, and law magic is commonly practiced among the fey as a way of to bend this fate in their favor. For the greatest power a fey has to offer a mortal is their word, for it has the backing of the whole weight of the fey's enigmatic being behind it.

Fae is acceptable too, but the other too are just stupid.

Yes we know Reddit, you despise anything that isn't stupid shit that fulfills your fetish, and actively kills discussion, but atleast learn to stop doing it in threads where it's easy for people to call you out on your stupidity.

Not that guy, but I don't like eldritch fey either. Fey should still have a culture and society, leave the "incomprehensible darkness from beyond the veil" to Lovecraft monsters and other voidspawn.

Not that nightmare and other evil fey shouldn't exist, it's just better if they are relatable.

Maybe there's more than two possibilities. You fucking idiots.

Now here is a man who understands Celtic mythology

I'm no Op, but I want to hear more people's takes on Fae. So I'll dump some of my own Fae inspo?

An idea.

Could be the Fomorians as the primeval ohgodwat things. Considering that Balor had one eye that set fire or at least in some way fucked up to everything he looked at it's not that hard a stretch.

The Tuatha Dé Danann and Tuatha Dé anyone else of that type being the more closer to humanity in the way they see things and interact.