Is it worth $130?

is it worth $130?

I cant find any reason why.
Id estimate $40 of it is for the name.

Depends, what's $1 worth to you?
How much effort does it take you to acquire it?
What else you could exchange it for?

apparently there will be expansions released for it. also its very grindy just like the real game. idk tg

every day...

And no, it's not worth that much. The models are not as good as they were presented

this gets posted every day? this is my first time on tg desu senpai

no

shut the fuck up retard shill, like that guy I've seen this thread 5 times in the last 3 days

Just imagine that his entire budget is $130, are there better boardgame options out there to spunk the money on?

Ayy

Deep madness seems pretty cool desu, not sure if it is out yet

Half my months salary, I don't think so.

Eurogames cost a pittance. For 130 bucks you can get more Carcassone or Terra Mytica than any boardgame with shitty, overpriced miniatures. And make no mistake, most boardgames with miniatures as their "selling point" have incredibly shitty miniatures.

If you want a dungeon crawler, you can do better by a long shot with stuff like Dwarf King's Quest or even the original Hero Quest. The genre has a shitton of options.

Can you post some pictures of the inside contents ?I always love seeing them.

Lords of Waterdeep (core only) is like $50, so yes.
If you mean something with miniatures, there's Bloodrage and that weeb knockoff in the making.

stop living in the third world ffs

Not unless you backed the KS for 3x as many minis, and probably still not then.

Also, stop posting this thread every day.

Hoping to after I finish college.

Just got mine today as well, user! Dancer's pose is fucking awful.

Models definitely need some cleaning up, flash and mold lines but nothing drastic

>mould

Australian?

Details look kinda soft.

Pulling a stranger things on me with pictures

Yea Ornsteins' spear and a few hollow soldier swords are bent

G'day mate! Crikey! Mildly Offensive steriotype! A distinct lack of bay bugs on the barbecue!"

The most bent things in my set are the Knight's sword and Herald's spear. The spear is bent really bad.

Missing all the enemy data cards and action sets, except the bosses. Frustrating, but the game itself looks fine to me. Not too complicated, and cooperative for once. No 'overlord' type, so no balance between the 'npc' and PC to worry about.

Anyone know when the stretch goals are being shipped? I really want my NPCs and armor sets.

Isn't the Bloodborne game less than half that price?

The bloodborne game is also entirely cards, though, if I'm remembering right.
Like, less than 100 cards.

Huh, I thought it was a full tabletop thing. How is it anyway? Is it more like MTG or what have you?

I played it yesterday. It's awful. Like legitimately, this game is a giant pile of shit. Glaring, enormous balance issues, to the point that I don't think they ever blind playtested the game. Extremely grindy. Extremely luck based. Absurdly long; it took us 6 hours to complete the game, with two players, and we didn't fuck around and waste time neither.

If you're okay with paying $130 for a pile of good for a board game miniatures and an unplayably bad game then go ahead. But keep in mind that that's what you're getting.

Uh, the best thing I can compare it to is maybe arkham horror at a glance?
I haven't actually played a game, just looked at it in tabletop simulator.

For just 70 more could have backed kd if all you wanted was nice minis and a decent solitaire experience. Way more content too.

Can you go into more detail, user? I suspected the game itself would be shit, but I kickstarted it for the minis alone.

Sure. There are four major, glaring balance issues I see in the game.

The first is that every enemy that matters has 2 armor. I will admit I did not look at all of the mini bosses, I suppose it's possible that one has 1 armor, but if that isn't the case then every single enemy in the game that isn't a hollow has 2 or 3 armor -- and hollows are not a threat at all. The problem with this is that armor is straight damage reduction, and this makes any weapon that isn't a hard hitting single target weapon absolutely worthless. Dual wielding is worthless, single handed weapons are worthless, anything with multiple attacks is worthless, absolutely none of it is worth the risk. You spend a ton of stamina to make a heavy attack with a singlehanded weapon and roll, what, 4 damage, dealing 2 (or 1) net damage to a boss with 20 to 30 health. No, if it's not a two handed weapon you don't use it. And to make matters worse, at the beginning of the game you will face Silver Knights, sometimes multiples even on an easy encounter, who have 2 armor, and unless one player is playing the Knight you basically can't kill these things. Non-Knight classes roll at most two black dice, which have a little of 1/3 chance to roll 3 damage and kill a Silver Knight, so you just run at this enemy with benny hill music playing praying you get lucky enough to kill it. And then you pray that you get a weapon which you can quickly upgrade to that makes killing them feasible.

No, everything in the game has way too much fucking armor and it makes half the weapons in the game worthless.

Huh, sounds like a really poorly designed Kingdom Death knock off.

The second is that the boss rewards extremely strongly incentivize farming. There are four tiles with encounters and a boss encounter. If you farm the four regular tiles you get 2 souls per character per tile -- meaning the entire floor is worth 8 souls per character if farmed. Each spark can reset the floor, so the maximum value of each spark is 8 souls per character present. Even if you only do two rooms per spark, that's still 4 souls per character present.

Killing a boss will give you one soul per character per spark remaining and then reset your sparks to full. Meaning, if you kill the boss before you run out of sparks, you waste an *enormous* amount of souls -- you get literally 1/8th as many souls from your remaining sparks than if you farmed them out. And that's a huge deal. Souls are extremely tight and you need every single one you can get to have a chance. In a two player game if you waste one spark you lose 14 souls compared to if you farmed the map more and did more grinding.

The game should fucking reward you for being good and beating the boss/miniboss with spare sparks, not punish you. As it is it just drags the game out enormously and extremely strongly incentivizes you to farm encounters and this is one of the biggest reasons the game took us 6 hours to play.

The third problem is that dodging is garbage. This actually goes along with the first point -- not only do enemies have too much armor but so do you, the players. Players *start* with two black dice on defense, meaning even the lowliest of hollows have to make 4 damage attacks to threaten them, and by the end of the game you're taking 7 damage attacks from bosses when they really feel like killing you. Dodging attacks means paying a stamina and then making X coinflips, where X is your dodge value, and if any of them are heads you take no damage. That sounds good, right? No, no it isn't, because if you ever miss a dodge you die. It might not be that exact hit that kills you, but it will do so much damage that you won't have the stamina left to continue to dodge, move around, or attack, and the next hit against you you will be defenseless against and you will die.

No, dodging is something you do if you're about to die and it extends your lifespan if you're lucky. Dodging is not a viable primary strategy because if you gear around it sure you can get up to 3 dodge dice (4 if you're extremely extremely lucky) but that's still a 1/8 chance to die on every attack you take -- and that's not even accounting for the fact that a lot of attacks need two successes on your dodge roll to escape. And you will take a lot of attacks in the game.

The fourth problem is that stamina management isn't a thing. You have ten total boxes in this game, and if all ten fill up you die. Both damage and stamina fill this up.

If you ever for any reason have more than 4 stamina used you basically just instantly die. In a two player game we found that we were receiving 2 to 4 attacks in between our turns depending upon the circumstance. If your block is good, you can reduce that to 2 damage an attack on average. You can do the math -- you can see how ugly that gets. No, you basically have to, prescriptively have to sit on no more than two stamina used per turn or else you die thanks to the way the game is designed. If you go above that you either need to be utterly confident that you aren't taking attacks between now and your next action or else you have to estus immediately or die before your next activation. The room in which you have to play chicken with the game is just far too small.

Also, and this is a minor complaint and not a major one, but it's one that keys into this, is that all the healing spells in the game (with one exception) heal stamina and not health. They heal the stamina which you can never afford to build up because you run the risk of instantly dying if you do.

So yeah, those are my four biggest complaints. The game is just mathematically fucked in so many different ways that it just adds up to a giant clusterfuck. And this isn't even getting into the stylistic complaint that dice suck and aren't fun and having a giant deck of equipment that you get random items from which is between 1/2 and 2/3rds garbage is unfun as well. These are just core mechanical things which should have been fixed and addressed by playtesting. But like I said, I don't believe for a moment that they ever playtested this game with people who were not on the design team, and it shows, badly.