Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1482: Impractical Dancing Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/wxX3EMJn
pastebin.com/heShpwkC
chick.com/reading/tracts/0072/0072_01.asp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How do you Jumpchain? Do you simply engage in speculative discussions on /jc/ threads? Do you writefag? Do you imagine your adventures as an internal LARP? Play a homebrew system somehow?

I need three perks for the Fallen Perkline.

So far I have a couple Hellish Bureaucracy perks: one which gives the ability to summon a quick dossier on somebody (Complete Breakdown), and another which calls all your minions to meet with you in a metaphysical boardroom (Full Report From All Divisions).
Lew Siffer grants an unparalleled ability to remain incognito and operate behind the scenes, even if you run the entire world.
Well Practiced in Every Form of Perversion gives a jumper mad skills in bed, and an insatiable libido.
What's to Keep Me From Becoming a God eliminates morality when convenient for increasing a jumper's power, provides additional willpower proportional to ones' pride.
"Ye shall not surely die..." is a "get better at tempting" perk.

I need three more, to match the nine that the other three origins each have.

>DISCOUNTS ARE HALF OFF. DOUBLE DISCOUNTS MEANS THE FIRST PURCHASES IS FREE (ONE HALF, MINIMUM FOR ANY 800 CP PERKS),
Kinda confused by the wording. Does that mean double discounts is free on any perks below 800 CP but only 1 discount applies to 800 CO perks?

I go full autism.

I was working on a homebrew system, but decided that an excel spreadsheet was too clunky.

Has the DC universe been done?

yes. there are probably a few sub settings that havent been done though.

Several times, but there's still a LOT of space left for more jumps.

DC comics has, yes. Do you perhaps mean DC Universe Online? Because that hasn't yet.

WIP
>Justice League Unlimited
>Batman Beyond

Proposed/Open
>DCEU/DC Cinimatic Universe
>DC Animated Movie Universe
>Smallville
>DC Universe Online
>Gotham
>Supergirl
>Justice League: Gods And Monsters
>Adam West's Batman
>The Batman (2004)
>Beware The Batman
>Batman: The Brave And The Bold
>Tim Burton's Batman
>Batman: Arkham Series
>Crisis On Infinite Earths
>Justice League Action
>Krypto the Superdog
>Green Lantern (2011)
>Christopher Reeve's Superman
>DC Superhero Girls

And I'm probably missing a few things from this list.

Rolled 275 (1d816)

Rolling for jump of the thread.

Engrish too stronk

I liked the first version of this, it was really meta. I would like to see an unlimited drawback option and something for stopping personality changing perks.

>Garzey's Wing
ABORT ABORT ABO. . .

>something for stopping personality changing perks
Can you give some examples of such perks?

What are all the jumps with options for replacing a canon character/the protagonist?

>Destroyer of Worlds, Decade! What is reflected in her eyes as she crosses the infinite worlds…?

Jump 37: K-On
Origin: The Newbie
Perks:
Black Hole
Let Me Help You To My Level [900]
Fun Things Are Fun [700]
Beatles, Round Three [400]
Items:
Giita - It's a guitar.
Holiday Tickets [300]
Never The Same Thing Twice [100]
Anywhere Board [0]

Oh. So we're doing this again.

…is your idea of chastising me for not socializing enough just tossing my nether regions into the sea of 'what the fuck'? Waking up one day with a vagina is incredibly distressing, you know! Ugh. This must be how doujin protagonists feel. Alright, where are we now? I vaguely recognize this place, but I don't think I ever actually saw it myself. Bunch of cute girls in a band during their school years. Okay, I can dig it. I can even form a band myself and train the rest of the party for it.

Oh. It's a girls-only school. Um. Sorry, Lucas!

"S'alright, I'm gonna go off and fight some bears now."

You think the Hercules Method might be going to your head a little?

"Hey, it's bears, not an entire shopping mall."

"I'm going with. I'm not cut out for this stuff."

"W-wait, Azuka, I can't just run a band wi-"

"I came along to get stronger and to face the greater multiverse, not do kid things. I'm out."

…ah. That leaves me with just

"It's okay, user! That means it's just the two of us~. We can finally get some time alone together and bond with the music of love~!" Hope chimed in, happily, still in her Bat Roidmude form.

This is going to be all kinds of awkward.

Not shown: Decade using Clock Up just to avoid being late to class every morning.

Get some disguise perks and some poison and you can replace anybody.

Rolled 281 (1d816)

Didn't we just discuss that one? Re-rollin'

Jump 38: Nichijou
Origin: New Student
Perks:
My Life Is On Fire!
Jumpers are cute!
MVP In Elementary [850]
A Series of Miracles [750]
Mangaka - Drawing manga. [450]
Ch-Chan MIO! [150]

Equipment:
Classmates - Hope, Bastion, Azuka
Art Supplies [100]
Gentlemanly Attire
Pocket Change [0]

Huh. That was kind of nice, actually. Just playing in music, relaxing, no rogues to worry about or apocalyptic threats to fight…it was a nice change of pace. Even made a few fond memories before the end. I guess there's some merit to all of this, after all. Kind of a shame I can't take everyone along--

No, what am I thinking? It takes a very particular person to take along this Journey Through The Chain. They've got full lives ahead of themselves, in an ordinary world. I don't want to take that away from them. Besides, I've got my companions!

>"user~, let's go on a date!"
>"Hey mate, watch me punch out this entire warehouse!"
>"I must get stronger…!"
>"-Bird call noises and beeps.-"

I feel like I understand her a little better now, all things considered.

Where was I? Alright, everyday life, cute girls, high school yet again. I've written my own name in Japanese so many times that switching back to English feels like making a U-turn on a road made of maple syrup. There's this circle of friends I keep bumping into that are pretty entertaining, and I cross paths with the Professor more than a few times. We show off our robot companions to each other and talk about life. I bought her sweets more than a few times. Nice kid. The talking cat is a total boss at poker, though.

Jump 39: Generic Children's Television
Origin: Variety
Perks:
I'd like you to meet a friend…
Look for Helpers [900]
The World According to Jumper [700]
Hello Neighbor [400]
This Is Your World [300]
Dohoho! [100]

Items:
Pleasant Home
Comfy Chair [50]
Book of Fairytales [0]

I'm not good with children. Even through all of these lifetimes, I'm a terrible teacher for ordinary, everyday people. Or figuring out what a 'normal' childhood is supposed to be like. But I still wanted to try. To try and be a good role model, to be something worth looking up to. To be…I don't know, like a parent?

That's why I tried so hard in Creation. To be someone memorable and helpful to a young Solar and Lunar, of all things. It was…ultimately a futile effort, as I learned near the end. I was just a mortal. A human. Like anyone else in any backstory, I wouldn't be relevant or helpful in any way, and they'd follow their own destinies before being swallowed by the Great Curse.

That is a regret I will carry with me, possibly forever.

So…for ordinary, everyday people, on an Earth like this…I'll try. I'll be an educator. A speaker. I'll try and prepare people for what growing up actually means, without sugarcoating it or talking down to anyone. Because it's the least I can do. And I can do it without superpowers or throwing a single punch.

…is this what she was trying to teach me? Was it all leading up to this?

She really is a big softie.

Can you tell I was waiting a long time for the last thread to die? I got REALLY bored.

Writing, discussion, seeing what kind of broken combos I can make, etc. Speaking of which...

>pastebin.com/wxX3EMJn
>pastebin.com/heShpwkC

[Jump #17] Ultimate Spider-Man:
1500cp
------------------

>Location
•New York City-(Rolled)

>Background
•Web-Warrior-(Free)

>Age & Gender
•27-(Rolled)
•Male-(No Change)
------------------Total:(0cp)

>Skills and Perks
1.Natural Web-Head-(Free)
2.Master Manipulator-(100cp)
3.Gadgeteering-(100cp)
4.I’m summoning the Spiders-(200cp)
5.Symbiology-(600cp)
------------------Total:(1000cp)

>Powers and Abilities [+400cp Power Stipend.]
1.Symboite Perfect Host-(150cp)

++Web Shooters-(50cp)
++Regeneration-(150cp)
++Independence-(150cp)
++Camouflage Capabilities-(200cp)
------------------Total:(300cp)

>Items
1.Webshooters-(Free)
2.Companion Import-(200cp)
------------------Total:(200cp)

>Drawbacks
1.Amnesia-(+200cp)
2.Bad Bosses-(+300cp)
------------------Total:(+500cp)

>Future
•Move-On
------------------

This jump started off with me and my companions waking up in a bunch of high-tech prison cells while a symbiote slithered around in my bloodstream, and from that point things only got weirder. Thanks to the drawbacks I'd picked my friends and I ended up being forced to work for Doctor Octopus and several other major supervillains. Obviously we hated having to take orders from so many selfish and idiotic individuals but we were all desperate to learn of our origins in this universe so we obeyed the villain’s commands, however most of the time we only did so to the barest minimum and we all hid our full strength and tried to undermine or overlords as much as possible. Near the end of our time here my companions and I finally learned that we had originally been researchers working for Osborn and Octavius. Apparently we were trying to help Doc Ock replicate spiderman's powers but in the processes my companions were accidentally exposed to the spider mutagen and I was bonded with a symbiote. For some reason we all lost our memories after gaining our new powers, some of Osborn's people found us shortly after the incident and while he was annoyed to learn that the project "failed" he had been more than happy to take advantage of the nine new superpowered agents he had at his disposal.

Aside from the quest to regain my lost memories, my main focus in this jump was bonding with my newest companion, the symbiote who I'd decided to name Void. The creature immediately proved itself to be a valuable ally and while my companions were initially creeped out by him they came to accept the symbiote overtime. However I think it'll be a very long time before they even consider being bonded with a symbiote of their own.

Also, I made sure to grab as much info, tech, and research data as I could so that I could prepare for other Marvel jumps and try and replicate some of Iron Man's tech in later jumps.

No, but I mean ones which allow/force you to take their place in the story. Like Sword of Polaris from DeSu 2 or Avatar from FEF.

Dunno if you have these perks or if they fit what you have in mind but but:

A perk that makes one good at furthering an ideology through art and music
A perk that helps you organize huge rave parties
A perk that makes it so that nobody will suspect that you're obviously evil or will ignore it even you're screaming at everyone and calling them idiots and talking about making sacrifices in public

Basically anything that makes you more determined and brave would come to mind.. but those are 'positive' gains. I don't ever take anything that affects my jumper negatively, but I know there are some perks with in-built drawbacks that can do some wonky stuff to your personality.
For the life of me, I can't think of any off the top of my head though.

>Distant Skies Gauntlet
I know nothing about this, time for research!

>Didn't we discuss that one?
Yeah, I am pretty sure we did, sometime a few hundred threads ago

[Jump #18] Venture Bros.:
1000cp
------------------

>Location
•Ünderland-(Rolled)

>Background
•Super Scientist-(100cp)

>Age & Gender
•28-(Rolled)
•Male-(No Change)
------------------Total:(100cp)

>Skills and Abilities
1.Superscience-(Free)
2.In-(100cp)
3.Quizboy-(200cp)
4.Robotics-(300cp)
------------------Total:(600cp)

>Items
1.Learning Bed-(100cp)
2.Shrink Ray-(200cp)
------------------Total:(300cp)

>Drawbacks
•None
------------------

>Future
•Move-On
------------------

>Notes/Personal Journal
I've only seen a few episodes of this show, so from what little I know I decided to spend my time here going on weird adventures, fighting supervillains, making and selling crazy inventions to the government, and trying to out SCIENCE! and out MAGIC! everyone else just for fun.

Also, if anyone's interested, I decided to draw some crappy art of jumper.

Thanks! The last one is especially good.
The third is one I think I'll tweak to include furthering any goal by some obtuse means. Like, somehow making homosexuality more widely accepted by teaching evolution in schools. Or devil worship through through rock music. Or witchcraft through trick or treating.

Thanks, Nika!

ayy lmao

This jump is going to be a fucking mess. Which I suppose will make it even closer to the source material.

Godspeed you crazy bastard.

I write embarrassingly large stories that I'm almost certain no one reads all the way through because I think my stuff is pretty bad. Katawa Shoujo just passed ten pages and I'm still setting up the main characters. Like, seriously, who's going to read all that?

But it entertains me to run through these scenarios, so I'll keep doing it.

That's a pretty neat idea. At least to help people get started on a non-standard chain. I'm saving that for later.

>Decade stares at his Companions.

Okay, this made me laugh my ass off. Because, honestly, I think most Jumpers must have had a moment like that at least once in their chain. And I find that so very, very amusing.

I'm actually kind of worried people won't get some of the references. Since, you know, I'm willing to bet not many people have slogged through all the tracts.

I'd read 10 pages of jump fiction or hell even a mediocrely done jumpchain webcomic.

Oh I know I won't get most of the references, but I'm just going to take you at your word at this point. The other option is to actually read the damn things myself and I refuse on principle.

I'm gonna be honest, I probably won't. But the sheer amount of dedication you've put into this is really impressive. Also, I'm a little worried about you. You doing okay, buddy? How you holding up?

Well, there's a couple of people doing Jumpchain stories over on Spacebattles, and they get a decent number of readers.

Quality isn't that important when it comes to popularity - if you enjoy writing it, chances are that someone will enjoy reading it.

Well, that makes me feel a little bit less autistic. Thanks user.

Fair enough. It's not like I really write to gain any kind of popularity. But it is nice to know someone else is enjoying it. Makes the creative process more fun.

There was one tract that made me laugh which I think was actually intended to be funny.
chick.com/reading/tracts/0072/0072_01.asp

>How you holding up?
>God's wrath literally being poured out of a test tube by an angel on a cloud.
I just can't anymore.

I thought companions would already get resurrected according to Quicksilver?

Normally, but a some people don't use the same resurrection rules.

Looking forward to overthrowing God here.

He's literally omnipotent within the scope of His creation.
How exactly are you planning to cast Him down?

What's up, bitches?

I need some opinions on one of the Warrior capstones:

The Brave and The Bodolf (600 CP): You sought power. Power beyond your form and your kind. Somehow, be it through the machinations of a dark god or simply by chancing upon forgotten knowledge, you found a method to gain such power. In your lust for strength, you tracked down a great beast – a dragon at the edge of the world. Engaging in a hard-fought battle, the stuff that would have been sang of in legends for millennia had it occurred in older times, you slew the great serpent. Cutting its hearts from its chest, you changed a spell in a forgotten tongue and drank the dragon’s fiery blood. In doing so, you found the strength you so craved.
When your adrenaline flows, you undergo a transformation. Gaining several hundred pounds of muscle mass and several feet of height, your skin turns as black as night and your eyes glow red like burning coals. In this form, your strength and durability are massively increased, making you one of the strongest and tougher beings in this world. But you also lose yourself to rage, consumed as a berserker until eventually the rage subsides or you are knocked unconscious, returning you to your original form. You may be able to learn control over these transformations, but for now… try to stay calm.

Rolled 2 (1d8)

24. Kill la Kill

- Club: Anything {Crafts/Blacksmithing?}
- Background: Drop-In
- Drop-In Perks: Chef , Stunt Driver
- Other Perks: Makolingual , Trapper
- Companions: Classmates {The Magician Girl}
- Items: Life Fiber Blade
- Future: ???

>Bulbasaur here! Everyone's fine now. Or, uh. They would be if they weren't busy.
>Plum didn't tell me much. Lemme see if I remember how she said it...
>"The school is evil, clothes ate everybody and thank Horakhty for illusion magic. We gotta go. Keep an eye on the Dood Squad."
>...yeah, I think that's it. Good to see she's back to normal, though! Hahaha. Wait, what's that big red thing up there?

>1. Supernatural
>2. Lyrical Nanoha
>3. Nichijou
>4. Generic Children's Television
>5. JoJo's Bizzare Adventure
>6. R-Type
>7. Spice and Wolf
>8. Muppet Treasure Island

>Queue:

>Bodolf

Hang on what jump is this?

No idea, but Jack Chick comics seem to think that atheists are a very real threat to him, somehow. So there must be some way to do it.

So literally a magic Hulk? Cool.

Eh, to be honest I was kind of assuming there would be a drawback or something that would give you the chance to overthrow Him, given how He's such an asshole. Well, we do have a few post-spark omnipotent wishes, so I suppose worse comes to worst I can just wait until then, but...

Also this .

Marvel Magic. Is there a Bodolf in something else similar?

Yup.

I had forgotten that that was going to be a thing but only a certain type of jumper is going to be interested in losing Your mind and becoming a rage monster, in exchange for being better at fighting

I just make my builds and then daydream/imagine stuff happening.

The kind of jumper who already has rage control perks?

Just having enough focus/discipline/willpower will help a lot with controlling yourself.

>Jack Chick comics seem to think that atheists are a very real threat to him, somehow
I've read over 200 tracts, and feel compelled to tell you that you are wrong.
Atheists exist to either get converted to believing in Christ, or else get mad at Christians for being "bigoted" or convinced to ignore the Christian, then die and end up in Hell.

yeah, but part of the overall design philosophy of this game is that No jump should ever be built with the assumption that the jumper Taking it has taken previous Jumps, it's gotta be As modular as possible
Okay well that's a thing. A lot of jumpers have at least

What am I thinking of, then? Blasphemers? Heretics? I know there's something that he treats as a threat to God.

Bancho, the perk itself says that you can eventually learn to control it. You don't need previous jumps to use it.

Is there a Cthulu Tract drawback?

I feel like this is the sort of thing where any real threats to God end up getting snuffed out in whatever Tract they get brought up in.

There is. It's called "A Different Kind of Apocalypse".

Are there any examples of what would actually be able to harm someone who went through with the final ritual of the Third Magic? They need to be able to attack a a being existing in a higher dimension, but besides the insanity that is Umineko I can't think of anything else right now.

Rolled 1 (1d8)

Origin: Wanderer

Perks:
Age is no barrier (Free)
Well Adjusted (Free)
Zenryuko Zenkai! (100)
Anti-AMF (100)
Blood of Kings - Sagebrecht (300)
Natural Potential - AA (100)
Telepathy (Free)
Deviceless (300)
Ancient Belken (Free)
Local Magic System (Free)

Stuff:
Stack of Cash (Free)
Sponsored by Pizza Hut (Free)
My Friends and Me - Zerakule and Flare (50)

Device - The Wizard's Hat: 800 DP (50)
Wearable Type - Wizard Hat
Standby Form - Normal Wizard Hat
Device Form - Mechanical Wizard Hat
Alternate Mode - Total Defense (100)
Basic, Armed, Storage (100)
Auto Repair, Auto Guard, Blaster System (300)
Tank Form (100)
Efficiency Boost x4 (200)

Zerakule: Backwater, Gift Of Flight, Anti AMF, Aces of Aces, AA Power Level.

Flare: Civilian, What's Old is New Again, Screening Process, Renaissance Girl, Device Meister, B power level.

>The magic here is quite marvelous, although it's mathematics could do with some work.
>>How so?
>Quite simply they lack access to the more Arcane aspects of observing the universe. Now they quite simply do have vast information that I am certain will benefit my own magics, but they seem to be somewhat...
>>Lacking in some more mystical effects?
>Indeed. You can tell since their first choice for combat is lasers.
>>WHAT'S WRONG WITH LASERS?
>Nothing, it just lacks the subtlety I prefer.
>>YES, I CAN TELL FROM HOW MANY TIMES YOU USE YOUR POWER WORD SPELLS.
>It's not my fault that they can't block non-projectile based attacks.
>>It is a notable flaw in their magic system, although you have to admit, a Fireball is nothing in comparison to their Bombardment spells.
>Yes, I do have to admit that. They're better than the bluntest school of Magic.
>>WELL I'M GOING TO GO CUT THINGS WITH MY NEW LASER SWORD WHILE YOU TWO NERDS NERD OUT OVER NERD SHIT.
>Have fun Zerakule.

Roll list
1.Grim Fandango
2.Terminator
3.Anima Beyond Fantasy
4.Age of Mythology
5.League of Legends
6.R-Type
7.The Room
8.Super Mario RPG

Queue:

There is literally nothing that I can recall. There are plenty of threats to human souls, but nothing that could threaten God. All of these threats to human souls are treated seriously, though. Witchcraft, rock music, drugs, Islam, Masons, Catholics, Harry Potter novels, Halloween, homosexuality, evolution - they're all a big deal in the tracts, because they can lead people to "die in their sins". and Demons are apparently invisible ugly things that influence the heart of men to accept these. But they're only a threat to the unsaved, not to God, or even to Christians, who can basically no-sell the works of Satan and evil spirits by calling on Jesus.

I haven't read any more Chick Tracts than the especially memetic ones, but I'm pretty sure Jack subscribed to the belief that his god was absolutely perfect and omnipotent.

And I don't mean omnipotent like the /jc/ meme word we like to throw around as a synonym for "relly stronk", I mean it in the sense that, "Jack thought God was infallible, because he's the fucking Christian God, and if you go into a church in real life and ask how to suplex God, they're liable to ask you to leave -- and Jack was way more hardcore than most of the people you'll talk to just walking into a random church."

I genuinely don't think you can fight God. He's fucking God.
Your best defense is really that he seems pretty content to sit on his ass until people die, and then judge them and send them to hell because one time they kissed a boy out of wedlock.
So, y'know. ... you could probably fuck up the actual planet Earth pretty bad and he'd just sit there on his throne judging the people you sent to him.

>I've read over 200 tracts
This is like the start of a very bizarre copypasta.

>Masons, Catholics
I'm going to guess he's Baptist?

>mfw GotG Volume 2

Okay, Ego claiming he's a Celestial is one thing, but we saw the head of a Celestial as a space station in the first movie. On top of that, we saw a Celestial use the Power Stone in a flashback. So it's pretty well looking like he's a delusional asshole.

So to the user asking to be a Celestial child, hate to say it but I think it's gonna get turned down due to the ambiguous and contradicting tidbits of information we have. That and the fact that it all goes away at the end of the movie would make it a useless purchase.

Either way, time to begin work again, with some fixes due to the critique I received. ETA is tomorrow, guaranteed.

Hey how badly would God get annoyed if the flow of souls stopped and everyone started just getting reincarnated before he could judge them?

I think messing with his ability to do the one thing he actually does would at least annoy him yeah.

God will occasionally destroy a bar or divert a car in response to prayers, and His servants seem to be directed by a higher power towards the unfortunates who are in need of saving with suspicious regularity. Beyond that, though, he does seem pretty content to wait for Satan to take over (even more), and then rain down wrath.
He doesn't do the Sodom and Gomorrah treatment anymore, apparently. But it is kind of ambiguous as to whether or not AIDS and hurricanes are the work of God.

How many multiverses has he destroyed? How many dimensions does he exists at the same time?

There are lots of 'omnipotents' in fiction. Does not mean they're actually that.

Even God-man is not actually omnipotent.

like enough to get Him to come after me and destroy the infrastructure doing it?

>I'm going to guess he's Baptist?
I think he's just against most organized religion, and has a special hard-on for Catholics, Mormons, and other "not Christian in HIS opinion" groups. He advocates the King James Bible as the only version of the Word of God that hasn't been tampered with, though. Make of that what you will.

There is a guy cosplaying as a celestial in the last Thor trailer. Or maybe he is one.

We will see.

>Distant Sky Gauntlet
Oh boy. Yeah. Having read it all, it's my advice just to take the "no rewards" drawback, and then rescue whoever you can and either nope out or fix the planet if you possess that power level.

It's rather frustrating, since Chick Tract God is a total asshole, but there's nothing you can do to actually to help people suffering from his dickery.

25. Lyrical Nanoha

- Origin: Wanderer
- Wanderer Perks: Age Is No Barrier , Well Adjusted , Zenryoku Zenkai! , Friendly Rivalry , I CAN BE SHOT , Power of Friendship
- Magic Perks: Natural Potential A , Telepathy
- System: Mid-Childan
- Spells: Shooting-Type , Bombardment-Type , Magic-Enhanced Attacks , Barriers and Shields , Capture-Type
- Items: Stack of Cash , Sponsored By Pizza Hut , Infinite Library Priority Access
- Companions: My Friends and Me {EVERYONE}
- Device: Weapon-Type Handling , Standby Form {Import Fragrant Ring} , Device Form {Import Wonder Wand} , Standalone Flight Mode , Armed , Storage , Auto-Repair , Tank Form
- Future: Move On?

>Companion builds and Companion Devices excluded due to character limit, next post

Not the user who asked about the celestial child thing, but to be fair Celestials shapeshifting could explain that. In the comics aren't the Celestials actually higher dimensional or something, and inside the armor it's like an entire dimension full of living things? For all we know Ego was just born too far away to learn how to make the big armours that could contain his form.

Also the MCU isn't exactly known for being faithful to canon. Their Whiplash is sort of an amalmagram of Crimson Dynamo too, there's a fake Mandarin running around who invented the Extremis virus-and Dormamu of all people is presented as something on the scale of Shuma-Gorath.

Don't really care about the perk but I'm just saying-given the movies tend to simplify and condense things, I'ma believe he's a Celestial until proven otherwise.

There's no such thing as "omnipotent" in Jumpchain.

I dunno, probably tell you to knock it off first since that's usually what he does before raining fire down. He always sends a warning before interfering himself. He did it with Sodom and Gomorrah, he did it with the Plagues, he did it with the Great Flood.

So at the very least you'll have a warning before he does something.

Well, it depends on what you think Jack would say. Jack was full on crazy. He'd probably say "as many as he wants" and "all of them", because Jack was fucking crazy as shit and your argument would have just pissed him off.

Honestly if he were still alive and had heard there was a jumpchain being written about his comic strips, he'd have probably written one just to talk about how no JUMPER will escape the wrath of GOD, and all are EQUAL IN HIS SIGHT.

He was that kindof guy.

Current Celestials are just rogue servants of an old Eternity when it was just a singular universe.

There's a handful of perks out there that make it so absolutes aren't absolute anymore. Just saying.

For reals-when has God-Man ever failed at anything?

>Dormamu of all people is presented as something on the scale of Shuma-Gorath.
...I mean, is he not? Isn't he supposed to be some huge threat to multiple universes?

Well, you could always try to make the world a better place in spite of his dickishness. You'd probably get the support of the Fallen for doing so, too.
Actually, God might get pissy about you countermanding his desire for man to "toil, and live by the seat of his brow" after being exiled from The Garden of Eden.

>For reals-when has God-Man ever failed at anything?

He got beaten up by a Paradox guy, but then God-God Man rescued him so...

Makes sense.

Wait, he's dead? Huh.

Man, what was even up with that?

>Also the MCU isn't exactly known for being faithful to canon.
I was talking within the MCU setting itself, NOT the comics. It'd be stupid to correlate it to comic canon all things considered. But at this point, the point is that there's too little we know and conflicting facts within the setting itself. Plus it relied on Ego being alive for the Light to remain. I don't think I could find a way to justify it sticking around other than "lol fiat".

>For reals-when has God-Man ever failed at anything?

The Paradox guy defeated him. There had also been many times in the comic when he plainly admites his incompetence to do something.

Again, this is just another case of Jumpchain > setting. There is no other way that this can go or otherwise many perks wouldn't make sense.

I think Shuma-Gorath is a bit more powerful, but they both have their own 'special universe' that goes around devouring other universes.

Died just last year, October 23rd, yeah.

Well...don't get me wrong he IS, but. The comics generally make him look like this flamey skullheaded dark lord dude, not a literal sentient universe. All things being equal Strange can find some loophole to fight on par with him.

But. On the other hand, according to Defendors he's one sister away from having enough cosmic power to beat up Eternity, then burrow into him like a chestburster and remake the universe.

Speaking of which, Defendors 2005 is hilarious and also reminds me a lot of what potatoes might actually look. Everyone talks all the shit, and eventually gets hit. Pic related.

>Make the world a veritable paradise
>Chick Tract God throws a temper tantrum because it goes against what he wants

Jump # 80 Mother
Background: Village Kid (50)
Perks:
*Dangerous Guy (0)
*PSI (200)
*Rolling Counter (150, Discount)
*Ultimate PSI (300) With Mind Bullets!
Equipment
*Franklin Badge (300)

It almost seems cliché to call a place I wind up odd. Something about this world though seemed like it was out of a child’s dream. We met the protagonist of this world Ness and teamed up with him and his friends.

We fought undead, Hippies, Bag Ladies, Dogs and Aliens until we finally made it to the mothership.
So it turns out Giygas’ weakness was singing… I am a bard. Yeah I hammed it up a bit but this is the first time the big bad ran away crying. I actually felt sort of bad for him.

We rescued the Adults… I never did find out why they sent a Kid off to do all of this, You would think Parents would be against their child going in to such dangerous situations but I suppose there are a lot of worlds I could say that for.

Well, we don't know about Celestials to actually say what is and what isn't one. The only actual entity referred as such (the skull of a death one) was much bigger than the one we see destroying a planet using the Infinity Stone.

So maybe he was just a shit-tier celestial or like the neo!Beyonder, some kind of failed experiment of other Celestials using Celestial's DNA.

Not the same user arguing for a Celestial perk, but you could add something like being able to do things that Mortals aren't supposed to? Something like using Infinity stones and the similar in other worlds?

>that image
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with Dormammu. I'd be a little freaked out too if I saw the 'blood' of one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse.

Besides, that looks really cool, how is it 'ick' anyway?!

And all I'm saying is I don't think it's THAT much of a contradiction assuming Celestials all have similar levels of matter manipulation. For all we know Ego just preferred to be a planet rather than a big guy.

Like I said, I don't care either way about the perk.

I think Dormamu actually calls on Shuma to power some of his spells.

Oh, and because of some IP jiggering because Howard and Lovecraft were penpals, and Marvel apparently has the rights to Conan, Shuma is a GREAT OLD ONE. For reference, the other Great Old Ones explicitly dwarf Cthulhu by orders of magnitude. Not only that, but he's the LEADER of the other Many-Angled Ones.

Well, for starters Dormammu isn't saying that. Dormammu's the one trying to point out what a big deal it is. That's his big sister, Umar.

And presumably because that's Eternity's blood spilling everywhere. Actually because Umar's playing him for a sucker

I thought it was Super God Man who saved him.

I like the idea behind it, but it seems not nearly as good as being Ghost Rider with full power and control over your Angel/Spirit. Or being half Elder God. Not to mention the drawback of going berserk. Did that Bodolf guy have any other abilities?

Shuma's a few orders of magnitude beyond Dormammu, but they're effectively both "superpowerful magic demon that wants to use their dimension to devour other dimensions and rule everyone as a dark god". I thought the portrayal in the movie was pretty consistent with the threat he posed in the classic comics. Though his actual portrayal was pretty different.

Huh. Too bad the crazy bastard didn't have a Twitter account. I bet the ramblings from his last days would have been some shit.

There's a lot of stuff that's part of Marvel that you wouldn't expect. Like, Marvel doesn't have the rights to use the name anymore, but Godzilla exists in the Marvel universe. Those stories where the Avengers fought him with their giant robot are totally canon. The King of the Monsters is just off chilling on an island where no one bothers him, these days, he could show up again if the writers ever really wanted him to. They'd just have to never say his name.

No, that's what I'm saying, I agree with Dormammu. It's the blood of the most powerful being who ever existed, 'ick' isn't a proper response-

Oh. That makes sense.

Rolled 4 (1d8)

Time for more Stalwart D. Tiger adventures!

Last Time: Tiger went to Sword and Sorcery and craved his name into Legend. Him and Ammy proceeded to beat down corrupt and mercurial Gods, crowning themselves King and Queen of those who remained. Then they proceeded to bring the world more in line with their vision, not that their vision was always aligned. Then Tiger went to Monster Hunter where he made things from the corpses of other things, so basically what he does normally as a hobby.

1.Dragonlance
2.Pacific Rim
3.Heist
4.Jojo
5.Beyblade
6.Persona 5
7.Peter Pan
8.Mario

Gonna need a replacement.