How do you like your cosmic evils?

How do you like your cosmic evils?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MHvtYxKGrPs&t=07m00s
youtube.com/watch?v=_xpURSoE_Ng
youtube.com/watch?v=evs0nFCufNM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>How do you like your cosmic evils?

Not evil, but more circumstantial, "you're in the way".

The kind of situation where we finally make it into space and find out that Space Whales have been living in the vacuum for millenia and they're highly territorial, not-sapient, and horrifying if only on the basis that the cold, empty, void of space is their indigenous habitat.

You hear some sort of horrifying, garbled, "skreeeeooonnkk-uga-ug-uga" through the radio before you look out the port hole and see this fucking creature flipping it's body onto the unreflective side; exposing the ingenuity of natures design.

Tren Krom.
Look it up if you want to.

I like them A-Jeroth style. Incredibly smart, calculating, patient, wise, great at reading people even without their vast array of supernatural perceptions and powers.
And utterly, utterly petty with it. They're the sort that spend every waking hour (which is all of them, they're not really alive in the traditional sense) trying to maximize the pain of every single being in their awareness, ranging all the way from horrifying wars that lead to mass slaughter, to manipulating a kid into kicking a dog.

Stupidly grand and oblivious to all those lesser than it. The kind that's genuinely surprised when its plans are foiled by those human creatures since it barely knew they existed

Extra Thicc

Either so intelligent that they act on whimsy, or so powerful that their intelligence is destroyed and they act on impulse or instinct backed by god-like powers.
So either way, chaotic.

/thread

Basically sympathetic to the lesser creatures, but care little, if at all about the consequences of their actions on them. Kind of like how I admire ants for their ingenuity and tenaciousness, but don't care about how many I kill because there're billions of them.

my man

dicks for absolutely no reason

Not stupid meme-tier faggots. A word from their mouths should be both incompressible and sanity-shattering. There's nothing comedic about them.

Where did the Great and Powerful Aku touch you, mortal?

Do you just automatically hate things that are popular? Fucking hipsters, man.

Something like this? youtube.com/watch?v=MHvtYxKGrPs&t=07m00s

EXTRA
W I E R D

We automatically hate anons who keep Aku-posting.

>Something like this?

Yes, something like that.

Fuck Space Whales.

EXTRA THICC

youtube.com/watch?v=_xpURSoE_Ng

I don't really like cosmic evils, I like more simple down-to-earth evils

Formerly human but from an age past where everything was bigger and better.

Samurai Jack is a show for autistic weebs and children and I'm glad they're making the last season shitty.

So that's a "yes," got it. Hipster.

>A word from their mouths should be both incompressible and sanity-shattering.
Incomprehensible cosmic evil is pretty tight.
I can dig it.

>There's nothing comedic about them.
This is where I agree to disagree.
The occasional humorous cosmic evil can be great.
I can't quite put my finger on what I'm thinking of, but Billy Zane in Demon Knight and Lucifer from Supernatural tick some of the right boxes, although they aren't necessarily cosmic.

>Not stupid meme-tier faggots.
But this here just makes you seem like a petulant child hating things because others like them.
It's not a good look.
Aku, while clearly more comedic than most, is another good example of a great and powerful cosmic evil that can joke around as it goes along because it's so powerful that it truly doesn't give a fuck, and also because the presence of humor can be pretty universal among intelligent beings.

>We automatically hate anons who keep Aku-posting.
While avatar posting is certainly frowned upon, Aku is pretty amusing for it.
Hate less things, be amused by more things. You'll live longer.
And at least OP's use was on topic.

Whereas this got old damn quick.

>Whereas this got old damn quick.
But user, why would you hate on thicc women with thicc memes? Other people like them you know.

Didnt tren krom go splat.

>But user, why would you hate on thicc women
I would never dream of it.

>why would you hate on thicc memes?
Eh, a "meme" can only be amusing for so long before it becomes tired and/or forced.
I frequent the drawthread where thicc is far from uncommon, so I've seen it enough in reaction images that it wore out it's welcome.

>Other people like them you know.
Of course they do.
But everything in moderation man.
I was sick of Aku-posting OP images too when it went on several times a day, every damn day, for a while.

Also fyi, other people liking things is never a gauge of quality or whether others could hate them.
Everyone has their own tastes.
Some like incomprehensible cosmic evil that breaks minds.
Some like sinister darkness.
Some like an avatar of cosmic evil wrapped in human form.
Some like cartoon shows about cartoon ponies.
Me? I like dill pickle slices in my peanut butter and grape jam sandwiches.

Petty.

The conquering warlord might have complex motivations. The leader of the destruction cult might have a tragic backstory. The demon lord might have a political scheme. But the most powerful evil in the universe? He does it just because he's jealous that he's not the one in charge, or out of loneliness, or because evil is all his powers are good for, or even because it's just his job.

>A word from their mouths should be both incompressible and sanity-shattering.

Why? If it's incomprehensible then it's hardly going to shatter my sanity, since by definition I shouldn't be able to understand it enough to be driven mad by it.

Although even then I've never bought that "incomprehensible" bull.

>There's nothing comedic about them.

Why not? You think Cthulhu and crew don't have lives?

>Eh, a "meme" can only be amusing for so long before it becomes tired and/or forced.
That's where most of the board seems to be at with Jack/Aku-posting.

Like any other storm, it must simply be weathered.
This too, shall pass.

>Why? If it's incomprehensible then it's hardly going to shatter my sanity, since by definition I shouldn't be able to understand it enough to be driven mad by it.
Not that user, but it's a bit like an optical illusion where you can see how it can physically exist, but not at the same time.
Only it sticks in your brain like an unfinished refrain from a song, or trying to remember the name of that one actor from Die Hard, and even when you're told the name, it doesn't sound right and it never goes away, like a faint ringing in your ears that you get used to until you realize your ear hurts because you've been rubbing it raw trying to get it to stop and everyone is looking at you and is that blood on your hand and is that from your ear and if not, where did it come from?
And then you remember where you put your car keys, because after all, if it weren't for that hoorse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college.

>Only it sticks in your brain like an unfinished refrain from a song

Why, though?

Too big to value any sort of human life. Not in the human-ant way where we just assume they have no intelligence, but in the american/european-african/arabian way where even despite understanding our intelligence and sapience the difference in scale makes it too difficult to truly bridge that gap.

Are you seriously asking me to explain the nature of "incomprehensible cosmic knowledge" upon the human mind in simple, comprehensible terms, despite the extent of all of human knowledge not fully grasping the human mind, let alone "i̹̭͙͞n̖̯̳͈̣̦ͅc̼̭͔̺o̜̗͎̰̭͙ḿ͇̩̞͓͇p̭̥̯̰̺r̻̙̟̠͍̱e̫̠͎͟ͅh̗̰͚e̪̬̞̭̥͟n̜͈̠̰s̳͓ì̱͉͙̟̳͇̝b̺̠̹̞͜ͅl̞̮͖e̠̼͈̙̭ͅ ̖̜c̡̫̬͔̤͇͉͍o̫̣̱̗͔ͅś̫̳̫͖̩̳m̗͎̺̦̤̘͈i̜̥̟̭̮̱̖c͓̹̞̣̠ ̬̘̺̜͎̙͚ķ̼͉ṉ̬̘̼o̬͡w̵̜̥͇l̮͚͓e͖̱̖̞͟ͅd̨͈g̗͇̜͚̤̖͝e̴͙̻̜͔̳̜̱."?
"?

Fine.
You know how you're not supposed to scratch a bug bite, but a bad one can drive you nuts with the constant desire to scratch?
It's not bug saliva or whatever under your skin that's driving you to scratch.
It's not the histamine reaction that's driving you to scratch.
It's not the nerves in your body that's driving you to scratch.
It is your mind that is driving you to scratch.
Even as your mind is telling yourself not to scratch, it is driving you to scratch.
You must scratch what you must not.
You know that feeling?
Well, it's nothing like that.

You know how you are looking into the internet right now, asking an anonymous stranger to explain how something you can't even comprehend could affect your mind?
How your confusion, curiosity, or perhaps sense of certainty of your position prompted you to ask "Why, though?"
You know that urge to ask?
You know that compulsion to type the words into the internet?
It is nothing like that either.

You know the feeling you get when you are absolutely certain that there is someone standing behind you?
How the hairs stand up on the back of your neck?
How you can actually feel their eyes on you?
How you resist the urge to look because you know for certain there is nobody there and it's just your mind playing a trick?
You know that intense urge to look and not look?
It's not quite like that either.

Insanity is kind of like that, it's a thought process you have no control over and you can't stop thinking about. People often make the faulty assumption that there exists a duality between the mind and the body and that you are your mind, but in reality you as an ego exist separate of this duality. It's easy for your body to betray you since it requires constant interfacing with the outside world, but the mind almost never goes against your desires, or rather you are shaped so perfectly by your mind that you never even consider yourself a being separate from its existence. When it finally happens and you realize you aren't actually in the pilot seat the shock is life changing. It's different for everyone I imagine but I went insane for a while and it took a long time to get back from that place 2/10 would not recommend.

>Tren Krom
krom starts taking tren to become a sick cunt?

It used to be, people couldn't stand thinking about how small we are in the cosmic scene, and realizing the scale of the universe would shatter egos, seeing angels would cause terror, confirming the presence of monsters would take us out of what other humans would readily accept.
Right now, over here? We're jaded as fuck.

I like Mr. Shadow from Fifth Element.

Absurdly powerful.
Unrelentingly evil.
Nigh unstoppable.
Unbelievably destructive.
Impossibly fast.
And yet, not above personally making a long distance telephone call to the help.

>Right now, over here? We're jaded as fuck.
Please.
This is only true while sitting on your couch.

Most people are stupid, panic driven sheep.
True, the knowledge that the universe is big isn't going to phase anyone, but there are people that have trouble dealing with concepts like "life without having a cell phone".

I'm not accusing you, personally, of not being so jaded that an angel tearing open the heavens and descending upon you wouldn't phase you in the slightest.
I'm sure you're quite jaded as fuck.
But people are just as much people as they ever have been.
Sliding the scope of what they're used to doesn't change the fact that people react when encountering things beyond their expectation, let alone their conception.

I think the error here lies in failing to recognize the difference between realization of the concept and confrontation with the reality of that concept being applied.

It's really easy to watch a movie where humans get blown the fuck out and humanity dies, that's just interesting fiction. And it's not like we haven't made that into a genre since at least the last two centuries.

If something of that sort were to actually happen. The complete and utter extinction of the human race, or at least an event where that could very well occur. I think societal breakdown would happen almost over night. Not many people are equipped to deal with the idea of death so permeable it covers them like a blanket. Not many people can even rationally accept their own death without decades of working through their issues.

If it did happen I think it would most likely come in the form of some hyper aggressive 100% fatal antibiotic resistant virus

>I think societal breakdown would happen almost over night.

Eh.

Obviously the human race has never gone extinct, but there have been plenty of "last of their kinds". American history - North and South - is filled with entire peoples disappearing from the face of the Earth, leaving behind solitary survivors. Ishi, for example, or the Man in the Hole.

They don't go insane and die from that insanity or cease to function. They mostly just are sad.

Human minds are quite a bit sterner and more adaptable things than HP Lovecraft liked to think they were.

I personally watched a man shut down mentally and emotionally because he missed a train.
There wasn't even anything pressing about it other than missing a day of average work.
But yeah, I'm sure most of humanity could shrug off extinction like it's nothing, sure.

Protip: Survivors are the ones that are good at surviving.

>Human minds are quite a bit sterner and more adaptable things than HP Lovecraft liked to think they were.
This is true, though.
That doesn't change that being confronted with the reality of certain concepts would drive many people "mad".
The ones it wouldn't unhinge would be the ones likely to survive it.

Beyond comprehension. They're not evil as much as their morals are so far removed from our own and they work on a scale so much greater than we can ever understand that their actions, or the side effects of them, may appear evil to us.

>We automatically hate anons who keep Aku-posting.
Post moar Aku you say? Well if you insist.

psst
post space monsters
you all know you're just here for images anyway

Mischievous

This one is fucking awesome.

it also has a watermark I didn't notice until after I posted it. I'm never not going to see that now. Fuck.

Mindless, destructive, unending. A force beyond nature with no personality.

my selection's getting a little too human-y as I progress through the good shit, this is the last one without anything resembling an upper torso, anyone else got cosmic monsters?

Personally I like when the cosmic beings are from mortal origins. Like the aliens from 2001.

you don't see that as much
I think the closest in recent media was Interstellar with its far-future possible humans, wasn't it?

I like them to be less all powerful, and more just a really, really, REALLY strong empire with an unpleasant objective set.

Acting with purpose that actually benefits the greater good, even if it's just to make a point, but one that you can only see after it's rekt the galaxy and the war is over

Why are tentacles associated with cosmic horrors so often? Is it because of their wide range of movement, making them appear chaotic?

In fairness the last episode was fucking weak

Incomprehensible knowledge:
We know what our brain is but our brain is still trying to figure out how it works because it doesn't know while knowing at the same time...

subtle, the kind that can fuck you over and you only realize what happened a year later

>tfw the last season of Samurai Jack is a cliche poorly animated fallen warrior story that is as boring as peeling oranges.

Or what they're doing is fixing a minor mistake in "their world" and they don't even realize that they're causing massive amounts of damage on your scale.

Something like maybe a race of huge cosmic "horrors" (from our frame of reference, from theirs they're just regular dudes) have a machine, and a small part of it malfunctions. The "repairman" horror goes in and figures out that the campaign's star system is the malfunctioning part. In what is the equivalent of a few minutes in from their frame of reference, they fix up our star system or get rid of it and replace it with something else. From our frame of reference this is eons of chaos and suffering that we can't make heads or tails out of, so we create all of these myths about these unfathomably evil cosmic horrors who are out to destroy us for no reason at all. But they actually don't even know we exist, they just want to fix their bike or whatever.

Lovecraft pioneered the concept, and we all know how aquatic a lot of the beings in Lovecraft's mythos are.

Weirdly powerless before their cosmic problems

Don't worry, he unfalls.

and then falls in a worse way.

Any Thomas Covenant fan is That Guy by default.

with a side of dangerously unpredictable.

The Protodermis Entity, Annona and the Element Lords are more indepth imo

Yes, but that was Farshtey autism.

Druids Can't be CE

I like the one at the right.
>HEY, WHATCHA DOING? CAN I TOUCH IT?

>outing yourself as a 3.pf player

Deplorable.

It felt forced, pacing feels odd too. Clearly time has passed since he killed the girl's sisters, but has it been like a week, few months, years? Also, ignoring time dilation from the portal, Jack is at least 50 years older than her

Something thats no longer evil, more like primordial, so you feel like an ant on the three that bulldozer knocked over to build a road. Unstopable force of nature giant in physical proportios, timeless. Your only hope is get out of the way to die in natural death later.

Wow. What about that part of You that realised its not in full control? If its not you when what is?

Bitter and sick and tired of existence.

Maybe they want to return it all to nothing, maybe they just want to stop living in a universe where their cosmic ness doesn't fit, maybe they just want to die...

Or maybe they don't even want to be a cosmic horror, I mean if the entire universe makes no sense because your entire existence is too bizarre to accept it, then there's little chance of ever fitting it.

You're like a man in a heavy bulky diving suit walking along the bottom of the ocean powered by a leaky nuclear reactor, everything that gets too close to you dies, you can't interact with your surrounding properly, and you can't even swim back up to a place more favorable to you.

You're forced to trudge along, possibly all powerful but in a world that isn't yours.

youtube.com/watch?v=evs0nFCufNM

>star systems are organs of cosmic beings

Beyond my understanding

Fuck you for telling me this

Not organ systems, eggs. Planets are laid in orbit around stars and moons in orbit around planets so tidal effects keep their insides molten and incubated.

Did shogun of sorrow, all mighty Aku touched your thicc body, m8?

Depends on your definition of evil

Circumcised and wearing a kippah.

Depressing as fuck but also understandable and sadly realistic. I like this flavor.

Adorable

I really like the Lovecraftian ones, namely Outer Gods, who are completely beyond mortal conception and could destroy humanity with but a fart.
For my games, I like them to be kind of limited. Not so madness-inducing so the players can have some chance, let's say nuking them. They can have a special, very specific weakness, as well.
But my special flavour is few individuals from an advanced alien species long extinct that altered themselves so much they do not resemble any other form of life. Their technology and manipulation of life is so advanced it appears to be magical or supernatural.

When you say cosmic, I like to think not actively malicious. They are either unaware of humanity, consider it beneath there concern, ect...

>>>>>>>>>>>>We