Veeky Forums

Veeky Forums
I had an idea for an IG chapter. The idea was that they have a psyker, who's sole purpose is to telepathically link their ground commanders with all the troops perception.

The base idea is that the commander has complete omniscience within the operational area of their troops, and thus can make better informed and quicker decisions. The massive amount of information is processed by the psyker and any other human they use in this link like wiring a bunch of CPUs together to increase processing power.

On a scale of 1 to HERESY! how quickly would this legion get Excommunicata Hereticus?

>HERESY

This is literally Skitarii, except with mind/machine interfaces instead of telepathy.

>This is literally Skitarii
So what you are saying is that it is a good idea

Geno Five-Two Chilliad did it better.

I like this idea
>Guard all working in perfect unison.
>Not a single misplaced las bolt
>100% efficiency
>No breaking and running
>perfect combined arms maneuvers between artillery and groundsloggers

So instead of corrupting hundreds of officers and men seperately over a long time to slowly to turn the force to darkness, you just need to corrupt one guy who's already halfway through the Heresy Door. Got it.

Question is how do we make this work with the rules?

So the Psyker is basically running an RTS of each battle?

Run Skitarii with kitbash units.

>So instead of corrupting hundreds of officers and men seperately over a long time to slowly to turn the force to darkness, you just need to corrupt one guy who's already halfway through the Heresy Door. Got it.

Considering the rate at which the average guard unit is turned to mist....
Your psyker and the commander would likely die from psychic shock/trauma.

>having the conscious perceptions of a million men who over the next five minutes are obliterated to the man.

Sounds miserable.

And sometimes the men aren't vaporised. They are taken by chaos or maybe even dark elves.

>enjoy perceiving the eternal joys the dark gods have in store for their prisoners

>So the Psyker is basically running an RTS of each battle?
The commander is, the psyker is filling the role of the computer

Add a Primaris Psyker to every squad, the psyker acts like an officer/squad leader within the regiment and is constantly sending information to the Psyker Commander.

somewhere around nurgle fucking isha

The cyclonic torpedoes are already on their way, heretic.

>Considering the rate at which the average guard unit is turned to mist....
>Your psyker and the commander would likely die from psychic shock/trauma.
>having the conscious perceptions of a million men who over the next five minutes are obliterated to the man.
>Sounds miserable.
>And sometimes the men aren't vaporised. They are taken by chaos or maybe even dark elves.
>enjoy perceiving the eternal joys the dark gods have in store for their prisoners
GRIM
DARK

>psyker commander
I can't possibly see this going wrong

>Considering the rate at which the average guard unit is turned to mist....
>Your psyker and the commander would likely die from psychic shock/trauma.
You could get past this problem by having this be a small if well equipped army that relies heavily on coordination.
Actually this force would be ideal for high risk high reward missions like raids or surgical strikes against enemy emplacements. They would have a higher success rate at least.

>We need more psychic commanders, should we, you know, harvest her eggs while she is unconscious then use a surrogate mother? Or even maybe just draw some blood?
>Naw fuck no, lets just impregnate this 15 year old against her will and force her to give birth several times then take her children away within moments of their birth with her fully conscious

Thats some Fabius Bile shit there

Is that from a game?

>They all panic at the same time and coordinately turn tail without trampling each other.

Wasnt she younger when they pegged her? And wasnt it her dad? Kinda makes sense that she does the things she does, including raping the protagonist from 2

WOULD YOU FUCKING 40SHITTERS KEEP IT IN YOUR FUCKING CONTAINMENT GENERAL? WE HAVE LIKE 3, JUST PICK ONE AND NEVER MAKE ANOTHER THREAD AGAIN

Seconding this. Metal Slug Aesthetics in WH40K? Where do i pour my money?

>hey guys, i just played f.e.a.r.