Why does GW keep retconning canon and using story "progression" to make the forces of Chaos blatant Evil Mary Sues?

Why does GW keep retconning canon and using story "progression" to make the forces of Chaos blatant Evil Mary Sues?

And an example before any fanboys call me an even bigger fanboy

>Fantasy, you had:
>Drachenfels, a dude the chaos gods were scared of
>Malal, a god who wanted to destroy the chaos gods
>Gods of Law, who were even matches/arch nemeses of the chaos gods
>Storm of Chaos, where the biggest chaos invasion ever was totally defeated

but GW retconned it into:
>Drachenfels entire backstory was gone and he was just some spirit, no chaos god intimidation
>Malal ceases to exist
>Gods of Law never mentioned again in GW works except for some prick saying they aren't real
>Storm of Chaos never happens, End Times happens instead, chaos wins easily and annihilates everyone
>GW makes both Fantasy and 40k endless cycles of chaos gods destroying reality for their own amusement and nothing can stop them ever because they're so tough and cool and evil and hey why are you leaving what do you mean we suck at writing wait no don't leave buy our books first

>>Drachenfels, a dude the chaos gods were scared of

Drachenfels said he was more evil, the Chaos Gods were never scared of him.

>>Malal, a god who wanted to destroy the chaos gods

The creator of Malal left and took the rights to Malal with him. Not that it matters, Malal was shitty and the Chaos Gods want to destroy each other anyway.

>>Gods of Law, who were even matches/arch nemeses of the chaos gods

This wasn't the case. Law was only considered one of the possible forms of Chaos.

>>Storm of Chaos, where the biggest chaos invasion ever was totally defeated

GW wanted to get rid of Fantasy. I'd also say the first war against Chaos was bigger.

You're just being a baby.

>never scared of him

He told them to give him troops or he'd fuck them up. They gave him troops.

>malal copyright

Yeah, true. It's not Workshop's fault that Malal had to go. He wasn't shitty though. He added an interesting dynamic back then.

>wasn't the case

Law and Ruin came out of the same primordial pool, forming the singular entity of Chaos/Uncertainty. Law gods fought the Ruin gods (back when the "gods of chaos" as we know them were almost always called "ruinous powers" instead)

>gw wanted to get rid of fantasy

Shame on them for it.

>just being a baby

Being a baby and getting angry at a company for constantly taking a fat steaming load over a world(s) you care about to give hardcore felatio to a single faction at the expense of all others are two different things.

i dont understand, are you implying that the original story was better? it isnt :/

old40k and oldfantasy are infinitely better than age of shitmar and the upcoming age of the emperor

They were incompetent jokes for 20 years and I guess they realised no one took the forces of chaos seriously. Chaos was only ever good in fantasy anyway.

>He told them to give him troops or he'd fuck them up. They gave him troops.

No, he had shrines to them and summoned daemons.

>He wasn't shitty though. He added an interesting dynamic back then.

No he wasn't. Chaos was already a super infighting faction. Malal didn't fit.

>Law and Ruin came out of the same primordial pool

All the Gods and Spirits of Fantasy came from the Realm of Chaos and didn't want to go back.
Chaos Gods stayed and were the most powerful. The Gods of Law were not presented as equals anymore than Sigmar or Taal.

>Shame on them for it.

They can only support a dead IP for so long.

>Being a baby and...

No, just being a baby.

i dont understand how you think that

Because it's more "audience-friendly"

>Chaos Gods want to destroy each other anyway

No, they just compete with one another. Whenever one gets too powerful, the rest gang up on them and equal everything out. Not even Khorne is capable of destroying Slaanesh, no matter how much he tries. He will always hold back and let Slaanesh live.

Malal was against all of Chaos.

>GW wanted to get rid of Fantasy.

By retconning Storm of Chaos away and returning to status quo?

>No, they just compete with one another.

No, they seek to destroy each other, they just can't. Just like Malal couldn't.
Malal was absolutely useless trash and merely invented to be the patron of an Elricaboo anti-hero who lasted for all of three issues of a comic book.

>By retconning Storm of Chaos away

Yes

>and returning to status quo?

Age of Sigmar is status quo?

>No, they seek to destroy each other

[citation needed]

>Yes

How does it help get rid of Fantasy?

>Age of Sigmar is status quo?

Storm of Chaos wasn't retconned into AoS. Storm of Chaos happened in 6e, AoS came after 8e. So how was retconning SoC killing Fantasy, when it took two more editions of the game before AoS happened?

>[citation needed]

Pick any Chaos armybook.

>How does it help get rid of Fantasy?

By having the world destroyed.

>Storm of Chaos wasn't retconned into AoS. Storm of Chaos happened in 6e, AoS came after 8e. So how was retconning SoC killing Fantasy, when it took two more editions of the game before AoS happened?

Storm of Chaos wasn't retconned until they began laying the ground work for End Times and Age of Sigmar. Storm of Chaos was retconned so that they could get rid of Fantasy.

In what way are they evil Mary Sues?
Not that I disagree with you, but you need to elaborate. Mary Sue is one of the most abused terms this side of /pol/

If it pisses off 1d4channers and their outdated memes, then so be it

>Pick any Chaos armybook.

Then you shouldn't have any problems providing your evidence.

>By having the world destroyed.

Nothing was destroyed.

>Storm of Chaos wasn't retconned until they began laying the ground work for End Times and Age of Sigmar.

It was. They dialed to whole setting back and ignored anything that came of Storm of Chaos. Just like they did with Eye of Terror campaign, where they ignored it and returned the timeline so that the 13th Black Crusade is just starting at the very end of M41, but nothing more.

Storm of Chaos and Eye of Terror didn't lead to anything, they were just ignored.

>Then you shouldn't have any problems providing your evidence.

Sure, just pick up any Chaos armybook.

>Nothing was destroyed.

They destroyed the world.

>It was. They dialed to whole setting back and ignored anything that came of Storm of Chaos.

Nope, they made several post SoC additions to the fluf, RPG books, novels, remember the Nemesis Crown?
Storm of Chaos was not retconned, for the most part they just didn't readily exploit it.
It only began to get rectonned when they began laying down lore for the End Times.

>Sure, just pick up any Chaos armybook.

The "educate yourself" bit doesn't work.

But it does.
Please go actually read a Chaos book and you might learn something. If I just give you a sentence you won' take it to heart.

Storm of Chaos and the 13th Black Crusade were dumb. The entire point of both Fantasy and 40k is that all of humanity is teetering on the brink, and it completely undermines that to have them fuck up Chaos wholeheartedly.
It doesn't matter if it's Orks, Tyranids, or Necrons that do it, but the point is that humankind goes down.

Don't be a lazy faggot, you made the claim, you back it up. I'm not gonna start digging through all my Chaos books to find proof for you.

Or are you afraid what you claimed does not exist and you're full of shit?

ples gib setnce

>Don't be a lazy faggot, you made the claim, you back it up.

I have, go pick up a chaos armybook, it'll corroborate me. I've given you the source, it's up to you to seek it.

>Or are you afraid what you claimed does not exist and you're full of shit?

No, I know anyone who has actually read a Chaos armybook will know will know I'm right.
The number of Memelalfags isn't very great and everyone knows you and your hipster god are full of shit.

I find it funny that most posts complaining about Chaos either paints them as OP Mary Sues or a total joke, no in between.

40k just isn't Grimdark enough.

>I have, go pick up a chaos armybook, it'll corroborate me. I've given you the source, it's up to you to seek it.

Not him.

Faggot. I own every Chaos book since the creation of Warhammer. You know what they say?

WHFB Daemons of Chaos 7th ED says that the Chaos Gods hold a council to manage the Great Game because if one power manages to defeat all other powers then all of existence including them would be erased. They intentionally try not to win the game only to prolong it forever.

Then there is Tome of Blood which has the lore that says that Khorne via the Ebon Sword has the power to slay any of his brothers but he will never do so because the destruction of a Chaos God would lead to dire consequences that not even Tzeentch can predict.

Ergo. the Chaos God do not wish each others destruction because that would lead to their individual destruction. Ergo, you are a lying faggot.

The change isnt the bad thing, if it was actually progression. That isnt what is happenning.

If you had a bracket for a sporting event, and it progressed towards an eventual grudge match to decide everything, march madness or whatever you want, You would get pretty pissed if they played a game, decided a victor, played the next bracket, and then decided to just nope! And revert back two games to decide the other team won. At the expense of not one round, but two or more. And two or more possible victors.

This back peddaling really gets me. If you want some faction to beat another then grudge match and have em fight again. Dont do this time travel bullshit. If you want a faction to gain power then maguffin them a power. Its not like it hasnt fucking happened before.

If you want a character to die, kill them. There are plenty of tropes to bring them back, HELL rowboat gurlyman was STABBED IN THE NECK WITH CHAOS POISON in the ultramarines novels with Uriel, but guess whos back?

This back to the future bullshit rewrite is lame and annoying. If the authors want to write about something that already happened, fuck off. Write what you want, but concrete what already exists, within reason.

Foe some reason GW is afraid that if two factions fight, and one wins, that the other is magically fucked beyond all repair. Thats not how it works, and even if it is it takes place in a GRIMDARK setting. Have the faction's older brother come kick the shit out of somebody.

That is my problem with GWs handling of their own fucking setting.

Oh user, you clearly picked the wrong Chaos book, because that doesn't support the argument, so it's clearly wrong. Please try again, pick any Chaos book, other than the ones you already did, and you'll find the source. If not, um... Try again?

So you are trolling and have no argument.

Fuck sake, baiting and trolling in Veeky Forums really took a decline in quality.

>I own every Chaos book since the creation of Warhammer.

I very much doubt that. But if it's true, how about you open up the fourth edition Warhammer Armies Chaos book, turn to page six, paragraph three in the first column, sentence two and tell us all what it says.

>WHFB Daemons of Chaos 7th ED says that the Chaos Gods hold a council to manage the Great Game because if one power manages to defeat all other powers then all of existence including them would be erased. They intentionally try not to win the game only to prolong it forever.

What the Court of Covenant says is that it's good that no one god is powerful enough to beat another, because if that that true then he'd kill all his brothers and undo reality.

>Then there is Tome of Blood which has the lore that says that Khorne via the Ebon Sword has the power to slay any of his brothers

FFG isn't even canon.

You peanuts deserve one another.

>more evil than the chaos gods.
I always fucking hate this. Why the fuck should sentient concepts adhere to completely subjective moral codes? Chaos do what chaos do, cause thats how it be like it is.

>I very much doubt that. But if it's true, how about you open up the fourth edition Warhammer Armies Chaos book, turn to page six, paragraph three in the first column, sentence two and tell us all what it says.

Nothing which supports what you say.

>What the Court of Covenant says is that it's good that no one god is powerful enough to beat another, because if that that true then he'd kill all his brothers and undo reality.

Which the Court of the Covenant is there to prevent.

>FFG isn't even canon.

Where is proof for that, though?

>Nothing which supports what you say

I only asked you to tell us what it says.

>Which the Court of the Covenant is there to prevent.

The Court is there to prevent nothing, it's there to facillitate alliances. The Court fluff clearly states that if a God were powerful enough he'd beat his brothers and reality would come undone.

>Where is proof for that, though?

GW didn't write it.

>I only asked you to tell us what it says.

And I refused you the same way you did in this thread.

>The Court is there to prevent nothing, it's there to facillitate alliances.

Which prevents the game from ending and causing their combined destruction.

>GW didn't write it.

Licensed it and GW writers have input in the books. Present your proof from GW that says that FFG's book are not canon.

>And I refused you the same way you did in this thread.

No skin off my nose, I was merely giving you the opportunity to in some way prove the venerability of your collection.

>Which prevents the game from ending and causing their combined destruction.

It does help prevent the game from ending, but not because the Chaos Gods don't wish to destroy each other as was the original point. The fluff actually points out that they would totally destroy each other if they could, they just can't.

>Present your proof from GW that says that FFG's book are not canon.

ADB wrote an article some time ago, "Grimdark II: Loose Canon" I believe. In it he gives the official company line that only three factions are empowered to create canon, GW, BL and FW.

Now this article was before FFG even gave up the GW license, so attitudes will not have warmed since.

Just fuck already.

>No skin off my nose, I was merely giving you the opportunity to in some way prove the venerability of your collection.

"The Tree Damned Shades". There proven.

>they just can't

Can't in a way that spares them the aftermath you mean.

>ADB

That's not something from GW and even he says he wasn't sure how FFG fits in the canon but said that considering that FFG writers are all over GW coming and going he sides with it being canon.

The Tree of *

>"The Tree Damned Shades". There proven.

That's not what the fourth edition Warhammer Armies Chaos book, page six, paragraph three in the first column, sentence two says.

>Can't in a way that spares them the aftermath you mean.

No, that isn't mentioned at all. They just can't. Whether they even know about the aftermath or not is not stated in the Court fluff.

>That's not something from GW

It's from ADB, who's reporting what GW told him.

>even he says he wasn't sure how FFG fits in

He does, but he also gives us GW's stance on the matter, and that stance is FFG is not canon.

The "point" doesn't matter one iota. Just make a goddamn book if you're going to undermine the GAME.
Repeat after me:
MECHANICS AND FLUFF SHOULD GO HAND-IN-HAND.

>The entire point of both Fantasy and 40k is that all of humanity is teetering on the brink, and it completely undermines that to have them fuck up Chaos wholeheartedly.
uhm, no it wasn't? Maybe it was more like that in 40k, but Fantasy was nothing like that. In Fantasy Canon, the forces of Order had beaten the biggest Chaos Invasion since Aenarion just 200 years before the Storm of Chaos, and the Empire was doing fine.

Humanity was actually still an emergent force in WHFB, which made it kind of ironic when everyone prophezised the doom of the Elves when their own Realms fell at the exact same time, in the current continuity that is.

Overall I blame grimderp fags anf 40kids like you that GW couldn't let Archaon die the same way Asvar Kul died, despite him dying to the resilience and determination of the Mortal realms would have had an actual message.

I guess ending the world and showing that resistance against fate is futile, and all the coargeous individuals of the setting died in vain, while mary sues like Archaon just kinda have everything work out for them because they have an underwhelming sobstory.

btfo

>The "point" doesn't matter one iota. Just make a goddamn book if you're going to undermine the SALES.
>Repeat after me: MECHANICS AND FLUFF SHOULD SELL PLASTIC DOODS

>The Gods of Law were not presented as equals anymore than Sigmar or Taal.

No, the Gods of Law were the direct antithesis to the Gods of Ruin, or Chaos, because the Law ones forsook the title.

They were very much equals with the Chaos Gods, and perhaps even stronger. Tzeentch feared that Arianka, the chick, would possibly undo all of his plans and even destroy him, so he feigned an offer of peace in their eternal struggle, and being your typical good god, she took the bait and got imprisoned in a tomb. It says something that even Tzeentch couldn't destroy her.

Then you have Solkan, who was an even match for Khorne, only that he fought for revenge rather than death and war. He's also implied to have gotten tired of seeing mortals fall to Chaos and intervened to give Sigmar his strength and create a champion for their side, and needless to say, it worked.

Then the light guy who was implied to be WHF's Illuvatar but who no one understood at all, not even the Gods of Law, but was one who everyone stayed away from, including the Gods of Chaos.

And even your argument, if it were true, isn't that good, because Sigmar in both old and new canon IS a match for the Chaos Gods and is someone they view as a legitimate threat to their existence, so if the Gods of Law are like Sigmar, just multiplied, then yes, the Gods of Law are very much equals to the Gods of Chaos.

Do be aware I'm talking about old canon here. As far as I know, they're not canon anymore, though the Total War game mentions the Gods of Law at some point.

>And even your argument, if it were true, isn't that good, because Sigmar in both old and new canon IS a match for the Chaos Gods and is someone they view as a legitimate threat to their existence, so if the Gods of Law are like Sigmar, just multiplied, then yes, the Gods of Law are very much equals to the Gods of Chaos.

Not him but that's utterly nonsense. The Chaos Gods don't fear Sigmar in old or new lore. In fact, the Chaos Gods spared Sigmar's life and let him go when they could have killed him.

Also Be'lakor said Solkan was a lie. He doesn't exist.

Also another point. WHRPG 1st edition says that the Gods of Order and law were born from the Chaos Gods.

>The Chaos Gods don't fear Sigmar in old or new lore. In fact, the Chaos Gods spared Sigmar's life and let him go when they could have killed him.

Okay. Tzeentch tried to seal him away for the explicit reason that he feared Sigmar could lead an effort to destroy all of them because he actually wasn't afraid of Sigmar and was just sparing him.

>And the source cited is the author's ass.

>Also Be'lakor said Solkan was a lie. He doesn't exist.

Oh yeah, Be'lakor definitely wouldn't lie or anything. No, not a chance.

>WHRPG 1st edition says that the Gods of Order and law were born from the Chaos Gods.

They were born from the same essence the Chaos Gods were. Chaos as an entity in oldlore was neither good nor evil. It was the natural entropy that reality adheres to. It was primordial. From it was born the Gods of Ruin, the big ones we know of, who sought to accelerate the process of entropy for their own gain and to take dominion over life itself.

Also born was their antithesis, the Gods of Law, who also sought dominion over life itself, but who stood against disorder and entropy and sought to enforce stability and unity by any means necessary.

When the Warhammer World was created by the Old Ones and the Warp was opened, both the powers of Law and Ruin came out of it. Rather than stop it, the Old Ones shrugged and went off to try again, probably because frogpeople or Lovecraft beings are too lazy to swat the flies that Law/Chaos were in comparison to them.

Thus, you were left with the Gods of Chaos and the Gods of Law, both inhabiting the same space and constantly fighting one another over power over the world. Just like the Gods of Chaos weren't entirely malevolent, the Gods of Law weren't entirely benevolent, and definitely adhered to a more Lawful Neutral standpoint. They weren't so much concerned with everyone's wellbeing, they just hated Ruin and wanted to stop it. Chaos hated them in turn, and thus they fought each other to eternity.

>Okay. Tzeentch tried to seal him away for the explicit reason that he feared Sigmar could lead an effort to destroy all of them because he actually wasn't afraid of Sigmar and was just sparing him.

I am talking about the 8th ED "Enemy Within". Picture related. The Chaos God did not view Sigmar as threat.

And we don't know why Tzeentch trapped Sigmar in the Winds of Heaven. It was never stated why.

>Oh yeah, Be'lakor definitely wouldn't lie or anything. No, not a chance.

He had to reason to lie to a man as a good as dead. He didn't even let him take his word for it. He threw him into the Warp to check for himself.

And that wall of text is just headcanon. The Gods or Order were fighting the Chaos Gods if the Chaos Gods destroyed the mortal realm, then the Law and Order Gods will be drawn back to the Chaos Gods from which they were born.

>They were very much equals with the Chaos Gods, and perhaps even stronger.

Not in the slightest. The Gods of Law only ever appeared a handful of times. In thise times they only ever interacted with the Chaos Gods once.

That one time was a Chaos God defeating Arianka and locking her in a chest.

>Do be aware I'm talking about old canon here.

Where are your sources?

no reason*

Chaos has been something of a joke in the past. They're turning them into the primary threat across the entire galaxy.

>They were very much equals with the Chaos Gods, and perhaps even stronger.

Lawfags, when will they learn?

>Many beings from the void chose to send a part of their substance to the World. Some were comparatively small and weak, while others were possessed of an almost incalculable power. Thus were born the gods of Law and the gods of Chaos and their demonic minions. The natural laws of the material universe affected their alien substance in many strange ways, giving them forms and powers which they had not possessed in their home dimension, and they found that they were able to hold sway over the inhabitants of the World, and to use them for the furtherance of their own unfathomable ambitions. There was a constant struggle between the followers of Law and those of Chaos. The Gods of Law were few and comparatively weak, but their unity made up for their lack of numbers.

>Seven thousand years later, the battle between Law and Chaos still rages across the face of the world, with most of its mortal inhabitants caught helplessly in the middle. The dimensional openings at the poles change constantly, shrinking with the ascension of Law, and growing as Chaos gains the upper hand. All the while, a constant stream of raw Chaos floods through from the void.

Games Workshop is bad and is made up of second-generation fans who missed that 40K was supposed to be satire of the Thatcher admin and thought that the blue space fascists wearing dumb shoulderpads were actually good and cool people. They will not make good decisions ever because they don't get the franchises they have and will go for the memetic version of it they received when they got into it, and the whole pop-culture idea surrounding 40K is that Chaos is the only thing that wins in the end because everything's so fucking grimdark.

Your last greentext proves the point though. They were weaker so far as everything decays and naturally goes to disorder therefore Chaos would of course be more naturally powerful but Law was strongly unified and were still quite powerful, and also had very strong followers.

The battle between Law and Chaos continues as your quote says.

>Where are your sources?

1st-3rd ed of WFB and 1st ed of WFRP and if it's got any influence on canon TW:W also has Law gods, at least Illuminas.

>8th ed Enemy Within

This is the problem though and what fans don't like? You can't come into a place arguing about how NuLore sucks and then use NuLore as your source for why it doesn't. Even your passage says Sigmar was fierce in battle and was peerless in martial skill so I don't know what you're getting at. "Chaos got bored" is also a line that sums up a lot of grievances many fans have with End Times and AoS in general and why Chaos is seen as a factionwide Mary Sue. Once upon a time they were equaled by Gods of Order and could be fought and defeated and there were entities out there (Old Ones, possibly Drachen, Malal, Sigmar) that either posed significant danger to them or who were outright more powerful. That was gotten rid of so GW could say Chaos is unbeatable and only lose when they get bored, which is frankly incredibly absurd and a slap in the face of players and followers of OldeLore who enjoyed watching the struggle between both sides, now seeing it just be some dumb curbstomp by GW's factionwaifu out of complete nowhere.

>remember picking up very old warhammer as wee lad
>remember loving it
>this is great i love each edition
>soc comes hey this is pretty good cool
>end times comes uh what are you doing gw
>aos comes
>what the fuck happened to the thing i grew up with

>Your last greentext proves the point though.

No it doesn't. It's merely the same reason Chaos always loses, infighting
You said Tzeentch feared Arianka and Solkan was a match for Khorne, that the Lawlets were equal or even stronger, but that was never the case.

>Games Workshop is bad and is made up of second-generation fans who missed that 40K was supposed to be satire

Of the Thatcher admin, and just in general too.

>mfw gw and fans alike never give any love or attention to the horned rat

>You can't come into a place arguing about how NuLore sucks and then use NuLore as your source for why it doesn't.

You said old and new lore that they feared Sigmar.

>Even your passage says Sigmar was fierce in battle and was peerless in martial skill so I don't know what you're getting at.

If Sigmar was a threat, then they would have destroyed him then and there. Instead at the moment of their victory when they had mankind and Sigmar at their mercy, they let them go. You know why? Because the Old World, sigmar, everything is insignificant to the Chaos Gods.

> Once upon a time they were equaled by Gods of Order and could be fought and defeated

Fuck sake, they weren't equalled by anyone. You say old lore but the old lore says that the God of Order were wagging a losing battle against the more powerful Chaos Gods whose victory was certain.

STOP LYING.

>You said Tzeentch feared Arianka and Solkan was a match for Khorne, that the Lawlets were equal or even stronger, but that was never the case.

To be fair so very little was done with the Gods of Law for whatever reason so there's really not much to go on. All we know is there's a dude that is a sun and a chick who's in a coffin and a guy who is Dwarven grudges on steroids. They may or may not have been able to match the Chaos gods, we don't know, but it's something worth noting that the old books talk about how Order and Chaos gods were struggling with each other to control reality. If the Order gods weren't at least an even match for the Chaos gods then there wouldn't be any kind of struggle, vice versa

>long ranting

t. raging chaos fanboy

I wrote less sentences than the other guy and wrote no walls of text full of disinfo crap. So where is the long rant? Getting tried of of the non-arguments of you morons.

>They may or may not have been able to match the Chaos gods

Except we know they were weaker and were on the losing side. My god how can someone be up his own ass in his bias this much.

>You know why? Because the Old World, sigmar, everything is insignificant to the Chaos Gods.

that's all we needed to read to know you're another chaos fanboy living in headcanon who hasn't grown out of the green day phase

>They may or may not have been able to match the Chaos gods, we don't know

Yes we do. We have a source that says the Law Gods were weak compared to the Chaos Gods. We have another that says Arianka was defeated by a Chaos God and put in a box.
We know they were not even popular Gods.

>If the Order gods weren't at least an even match for the Chaos gods then there wouldn't be any kind of struggle

Yes there would be, because a continual theme with Chaos is that it falls to infighting, Chaos is its own worst enemy. From birth to Age of Sigmar.

>>Seven thousand years later, the battle between Law and Chaos still rages across the face of the world, with most of its mortal inhabitants caught helplessly in the middle. The dimensional openings at the poles change constantly, shrinking with the ascension of Law, and growing as Chaos gains the upper hand.

Gee, it's almost like they were in continual war before the Bell-end Times and Smegmar. It's also almost like they weren't fighting a losing war but a mutual stalemate. It's almost like you're a delusional Chaos fanboy who's probably happy with the "Chaos wins, Everyone dies" mantra they're pushing.

Sorry mate, not everyone likes your faction.

Except it's stated that the Old World is just a world within a multiverse. The Old Ones used the Gateways to travel dimensions to get to this world.

It's confirmed in the Daemons of Chaos army books that the Chaos Gods are invading other worlds and realities. So tell me moron with zero arguments but a lot of ad homs, why should the Old World/Mallus be more important to the Chaos Gods than the countless worlds of the multiverse?

Arianka got trick'd by Tzzentch because her religious enforcement of discipline counteracted the corruption of Chaos. He didn't beat her, he lied to her and led her into a trap where she then got trapped, and then he threw the keys across the Void because he was worried Solkan, Arianka's lover, would come shove a lawbook attached to a jousting lance up his ass.

>Gee, it's almost like they were in continual war before the Bell-end Times and Smegmar.

The world was doomed long before End Times.

>The physical and spiritual corruption of the races engineered by the Old Slann will ultimately destroy them. Even creatures created by the forces of Chaos are doomed to extinction. For, with Chaos' final triumph, all life will decay into a seething mass of protoplasm in which lost and screaming souls float helplessly, enduring the forms thrust upon them by the uncaring gods of Chaos. But the victory of Chaos, although certain, may be delayed - for Lawful and other non-Chaotic void creatures will strive to protect their own identities and ideals. With the victory of Chaos, they too will be swept back into the voids to rejoin the identities from which they were created as the gateways fell.

-WFRP 1st edition p. 268

Eat a dick or learn how to argue with facts on your side.

We have been through this. Read my nonexistent lips. Solkan.Does.Not.Exist.

>Except it's stated that the Old World is just a world within a multiverse.

In the End Times it was and that's the point of this thread, that the End Times sucks because it made Chaos unbeatable.

In old lore, it's mentioned the Old Ones created the Warhammer world because the last one they made fell to powers of the Warp. The Old Ones were never themselves threatened by the Warp, they just didn't know how exactly to beat it, so they did what any ambiguously good-sided extradimensional travelers would do and made races to resist the Warp if it came to their world.

It's even directly stated, if you believe the Old Ones making everything wasn't just myth, that the Ogres were their greatest creation and could've defeated the forces of Chaos simply due to how uncorruptible they were, but the Warp arrived because the Old Ones accidentally fucked up and rather than stay and fight they just decided to leave the world to its own devices.

You should read about the Warhammer Fantasy world and its fluff outside of just the Chaos army books and supplements.

>Arianka got trick'd

Nope, it's said she was straight up defeated.

>In the End Times it was and that's the point of this thread, that the End Times sucks because it made Chaos unbeatable.

NO, IT WASN'T. "Hordes of Chaos" (6th ED) says that Khorne's roars echo through out the multiverse.

The 6th ED Lizardmen lore says the Old Ones used the Gateways to cross dimensions to get to this universe/world.

And the rest of your post is bullshit and the last line is previous. "Ignore the evidence that proves me wrong".

>hey guys this guy in the world with massive bias for chaos because he's one of them said that something didn't exist so hahahha take that lawfags how do you dispute that

I think I remember a Halfling in some obscure Fantasy book once saying that Halflings owned dragon pets. While there's proof of his claim, he said it, so therefore it must be true.

You do realize that passage is quoting a prophecy enscribed by followers of Chaos, right?

You do realize that that isn't factual guaranteed lore, right?

Holy fuck Chaosfags are dense. If a prophecy by Chaos or a follower of Chaos says something then it's apparently Word of God levels of canonical.

what the fuck are you even arguing here

did you misquote greentext or something

*while there's no proof

I agree completely with you, it seem just so pointless for them to jump through so many hops to make chaos this unstoppable power and then have to retcon so much of their lore.

>You do realize that passage is quoting a prophecy enscribed by followers of Chaos, right?

Nope, it isn't. It's just straight up lore. The picture might be but the green text is not.

Who are dense and stubborn are the morons who are given proofs but refuse them because they have a dumb bias.

Mister moron. The idiot said that the End Times was the lore that made WHFB in a multiverse.

Let me use small words.

This is WRONG. WHFB being part of a multiverse confirmed in earlier fluff such as Hordes of Chaos and the Liber Chaotica.

I want to know why they did it, that's what frustrates me the most, like WHY they felt the need to undo over 20 years of lore in these two huge universes just to make one particular group win, not even caring that it pissed off fans. They cite story progression but why does story progression mean Chaos wins? Why not progress the story by having the Empire win and Sigmar throw Chaos back into nothingness or have the Orcs invade and take over the world or have the Elves resurge and form an empire across the world or have the Old Ones return or something. Why is it every time story progression comes up it means Chaos has to win?

The End Times made it lore that reality was in a cycle of creation and destruction by Chaos, which is probably the most retarded thing ever, and it also did this for 40k indirectly too.

Yes, there was a multiverse before it, but it was never stated that Chaos conquered it all. The most we got was that the Old Gods made a world and it got corrupted so they made a new one and fucked up and so it got corrupted too and they left because they couldn't be assed.

also
>chaos fanboy calling others biased
mfw

It's already proven in this thread that you guys don't read that much lore. Please stop.

>The End Times made it lore that reality was in a cycle of creation and destruction by Chaos

No, End Times made it canon that the there was a cyclical nature between the Elven Pantheon and the Chaos Gods.

Alternatively, the only books any of you chaosboys read is Chaos books and your lore comes only from them, so...

>Yes, there was a multiverse before it, but it was never stated that Chaos conquered it all.

That's totally irrelevant to what's being dicussed as is the rest of your post.

The point is we have always known from the oldest of lore that the WHFB world exists in a multiverse. This multiverse has countless worlds. The Chaos Gods are invading plenty of them. The Old World was one of the worlds getting invaded. So when I said the Old World was insignificant to the Chaos Gods it's true. It's a grain of sand in a desert. This somehow triggered a moron so I asked him why would the Chaos Gods view this world as more important and worthy of their time than the countless other worlds out there. He gave no answer but more ad homs.

>calling others biased

Bias is shown when refusal to accept evidence presents itself.

Chaos wins because it is both logical that they should do so given their blatant power and because they offer something after.
If Orcs killed everyone then you'd just have a a ruined planet filled with Orcs.
When Chaos kills everyone you get random magic going off and new possibilities arising.

Not like that's a valid point but the WHRPG book and the Lizardmen army books are not "Chaos books".

There is a dick somewhere that wants you to eat it, so....

>it is logical

I read all the books, why don't you do the same?

Well it is. Immortal extra-dimensional energy beings are just higher tier in power than humans and halflings.

"Something won by lies is worthless. I will give you truth"

-Be'lakor the Dark Master

>ITT unmoving chaos fanboys and unmoving chaos haters/other fanboys yelling at each other impotently about the fluff of a game with mohawk dwarfs that began as a satire of 80s britain and an homage to tolkien and heavy metal and accomplishing nothing but getting mad at each other

In 40k he said that, yes, but 40k and Fantasy are different universes, and even things with the same names and ideas are often radically different.

belacuck posters never stop making me laugh

you need to stop before i go get my rock though

>ITP anti-Chaosfag masquerades as impartial and attempts to seize the high ground he after getting his rectum ravaged by pure lore.

>>>>>>>>pure lore

Not true. It's mentioned that the daemons are the very same beings in both universes.

>just remember im better than all of you because i hate everything

What sources do you want?