*leaps in the air behind you*

*leaps in the air behind you*

ZOG YOU!

Well, I guess the Blood Ravens are going to be getting some of Rowboat Girlyman's nuMarines, then...

[screams in death of a franchise]

>Cubano.
>Codex Astartes says BLT only.
>Inquisitor investigation over a sandwich.
Such is life in a grimdark universe.

(OP) #
>*is ignored*
>*walk away*
>*go home, make a sandwich*
>*a cubano, if it matters*
>*wife comes home*
>*small talk, happy to see her*
>*hang out with friends after work*
>*comes home again*
>*fucks wife a few times before going to bed*

My day was awesome.
But you know, keep up with the teleporting thing on Veeky Forums bro.
Yeah, but that doesn't exist and my cubano does so I win by default.
Ham felt a bit dry though if that's grimdark enough, will have to get some more tomorrow.

Also, wtf did my post get deleted and then reposted? Stupid computer.

The game is good. Relinder that the DoW series survived DoW2

looks like a normal terminator to me

>*leaps in the air behind you*
>remind him that DoW3 online is below 10k

>Campaign is just one long tutorial
>All races mish mashed together
>Don't even get super heavies until the last 2 missions after the game relied hugely on them during advertising
>Multiplayer is shitty DOTA

Come on m8

>DoW2 was bad
>i want my Space Marines to die in doves like slightly better guardsman as opposed to being the elite they are in the fluff
>i want muh base building as opposed to deployment like in the fluff
>i don't want an amazing story

>Campaign is just one long tutorial
yeah, that's pretty shitty I admit, but it's not like DC and SS weren't the same. Even worse, actually, as the maps were literally the same as MP.
>All races mish mashed together
wut
>Don't even get super heavies until the last 2 missions after the game relied hugely on them during advertising
You start to get them at the 9th mission I think, maybe 10th? On a 17 mission long campaign.
>Multiplayer is shitty DOTA
Oh, sorry, you didn't play the game and/or are trolling, I should have ignored your post all together

>DoW2 was bad
not what I said. But people trashed it anyway.
>i want my Space Marines to die in doves like slightly better guardsman as opposed to being the elite they are in the fluff
Yes. I want them to die as on the tabletop, not as in some shitty fanwanking novels.
>i want muh base building as opposed to deployment like in the fluff
DoW2 still had an HQ. It still made no sense, but you now had less options and strategy.
>i don't want an amazing story
You really consider DoW2 amazing story-wise? Isn't it just another random Tyranid invasion story?

I wonder what the story of don of wor 3 will be. Maybe the Marines...will fight Orcs....but it turns out the Orcs aren't the TRUE THREAT!!!!

>Yes. I want them to die as on the tabletop, not as in some shitty fanwanking novels.
Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad.
>DoW2 still had an HQ
Talking about the campain tbqh.
>Isn't it just another random Tyranid invasion story?
>the expansions don't exist

You get the wraith knight in the last eldar only mission. You get the imperial knight in the last space marine only mission. You get the morkanaut right before the last mission of the game.

>Talking about the campain tbqh.
You still have HQs in Retribution, and you still have teleportation beacons on conveniant places on the map in vDoW2 and CR (though I agree it's not quite the same, it's still stupid)
>the expansions don't exist
CR is good, but it's still random chapter corruption #213179 (Khorne Librarian edition). Retribution has the worst campaign of the series.

>Retribution has the worst campaign of the series
In DoW2, sure. It wraps up the story started in 1 nicely, though. Soulstorm has by far the worst everything of the series.
>Isn't it just another random Tyranid invasion story?
>it's still random chapter corruption #213179
I don't understand. Do you want some special snowflake story? These are things that happen regularly in 40k, and they were done nicely here. The events themselves are secondary to the characters and how they affect them. And DoW2 characters are great.

No way. That dude's almost Primarch height. Regular Terminators are still Space Marines, they just have bulkier armor; they're not any taller than Marines in power armor, discounting the box they're wearing on top of their head, while this guy is so tall that the marine to his right (our left) is about waist-high on him.

Agreed. Campaign-wise it's nowhere near the worst of the series. I mean, all the levels at least were custom-made for the campaign, some even had background battles in the distance, making you feel like part of a larger war. Not sure where people are getting the tutorial thing, feels like a pretty standard RTS campaign. By the 2nd mission for each race, you have access to all buildings and units and it just cycles through new elite units after that.

I personally think the elite unit system might be one of the best in the series, it opens up a lot of units from the lore that we've never seen in the franchise before, and each feels as deadly as they're supposed to be. General units though die too quickly, so that's a problem, especially Tac Marines. They've mentioned addressing that in the patch on Monday though.

You do realize that marine is way behind him? Perspective, what is it?

You miss the tiny little guy in the foreground whose entire right arm is occluding big Gabe's legs? Who is clearly half his height?

I like the fluff between missions. Imoerial politics between the Chapter, the Knight House and the Inquisition, shadow war, prophecies and a little bit of politics for the Eldar as well, and general goofiness for the Orks.
Some of the Ork missions were really funny. I loved sacrificing Grots to corks the orbital cannons, the 'hack it' joke, the differents upgrades Grots made to the Big Kannon, etc.

He kind of looks Marneus Calgar-sized. Maybe most of his body was replaced as well.

most of his body WAS replaced, he lost aml hos limbs in a fight against a Daemon Prince

Anons, he was rebuilt acording to very specific needs. One of them was storage space for gifts. Lots of empty space underneath the armor.

>yeah, that's pretty shitty I admit, but it's not like DC and SS weren't the same. Even worse, actually, as the maps were literally the same as MP.

Dark crusade was one long tutorial? Soul storm was too? What game did you play mate? Dark crusade had the great choose your favorite enemy 5 way smackdown battle royal style play. It was great, and finally added more than 3 races, amd fleshed out the two new races. I want more than SM/Elves/Orks in a game. Adding the IG from winter assault, and necrons made it a really neat game, same with tau. It broke up the rock-paper-scissors gameplay and brought new shit to the build your base how you like play style.

Soulstorm was, possibly even better once they released the patches up to 1.20 to balance the buggyness, and added even more factions! Adding SoB was a really great way to bring more stuff in, and dark eldar were an interesting counter to the Eldar powerhouse in meta.

Also complaining that the 50ish maps were also available in multiplayer like its a negative is dumb and you should feel bad. 17 missions for a campaign is chump change, and soul storm blew that out of the water with the 30+ mission campaign that included a nice blend of annihilation, sector capture, special mapping, and special objective gamemodes. It wasnt straight build a base and kill, and if thats what you thought it was, you didnt play it at all.

If all you got out of it was repetition and boring, then i feel bad for you son, because your parents must struggle having a retarded child.

>after a terrible and near fatal battle with demons and tyrannids, marneus calgar was left battered and broken
Cato: finally, now I, Cato Sicarius may become chapter master!
Apothecarium: actually, we can rebuild him. Better infact, and stronger
And so they did!
>we can rebuild him
>faster
>stronger
>loyal-er
Truely he is
>the million dollar chapter master

*classic tchchchchchchchch noise whenever he moves fast*

*steals your wallet*