Warhammer 40k General

Buzzword Edition.

>The Duncan can!
youtube.com/watch?v=N2vwVgNBFL8

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf2

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/07/faction-focus-chaos-space-marines/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for righteous stubbornness!

Xth for gonna miss vehicle rules

I certainly won't.
Hail to the new damage chart!
Gone are the days of vehicle stunned/shaken!

NOBZ IN A NAUT

I hope we learn more about NuMarines soon.

If they aren't righteously stubborn, I'm not interested.

Will there a morale meta in 8th?

What think you guys of this?

Why even bother listbuilding?

it's my favorite part of this hobby

A strange part of the hobby to deem your favorite, but almost certainly the cheapest.

Oh shit, surprise second article on the Facebook!

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/07/faction-focus-chaos-space-marines/

I can kinda understand it, I really love building ships in Rogue Trader, and regiments in Only War (in fact, I've learned that it's the only part of Only War I really like).

I'd be more interested if it wasn't just a page of "everything is awesome, except specifics"

>planning on starting a small sisters force to be melee allies with your guard for 8th
>tfw you realize seraphim will be able to use their inferno pistols and hand flamers in CC

The last thread isn't even at bump limit you baka

okay guys, let's be unhealthy optimistic:
what would you like to play again if everthing in the 8th is viable?

mine would be a cool guard mix of everything
small infantry squads with a little equipment would be nice
and vanquisher
and hellhounds

My Orks, just as I do now.

I challenge you to find a single piece of information in that article.

Seraphim will be straight broken if they are able to keep shred in 8th.

NuMarines for NuMales.

well, we know they are bigger models and will make your marines look like manlets in comparison. So you better buy a whole new army goy.

So I know running lots of Craftworld jetbikes is frowned upon heavily for being cheesy as shit. Are Deldar Reavers thought of similarly? I'd like to field a bunch of them because they look cool, but I don't want people to hate me for running them.

I miss my old 5e Orks.

I gave 40k a break during the past couple months because I just can't stand the whole 'decurion-formation-detachment' edition where everyone and their mother has 7 different books linking together 24 different formations with 8 different special rules and free points and this and that and tons of reference sheet and shit. I started in 5e where you have your book, your list, and you play the fucking game. When my opponents bring a whole book of info from other books to reference before making moves with each unit I got very sick of the game.

Here's hoping 8e brings back the joys of simpler rules and more focus on playing than delving archives of books to assemble the perfect list. Take some units with synergy, fill important roles, and play the fucking game.

WAAAAAAGH

I'm hopeful that these images are just super zoomed in and they turn out to be manlets.

Good, I always preferred marines when they were just psychotic scum and not le 10- no 12- no 15 feet super warriors who spit acid and have dong expansion.

No, they have worse saves, worse guns, no support.

Reavers are cool and fun. Fuck the haters.

Reminder that "Abbadon has always been a bit of a disappointment"

I don't think anything in DE is cheesy other than the 2+ jink but that's the core rules being shit

take them because they look cool

Excellent! I know next to nothing about how to play Deldar other than "Gotta go fast" so I'm just going to build an army of cool looking things.

You will buy the new marines. And you WILL like it user.

>when they were just psychotic scum and not super warriors who spit acid
Marines are pretty much the same as they were in rogue trader, really.

the fanboys have gotten a hell of a lot worse, but that's par for the course in any long standing property

I'm new to the game and I'm planning to make a Tyranid Kill Team, how much could it cost me to start?

>Khorne Berzerkers will be good now
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

Definitely my world eaters. I am super hyped to see what they are going to do with berzerkers

Could be pretty inexpensive, depending on how you go about it. The Start Collecting box would be one option, running about 80 bucks for a squad of warriors and a squad of gargoyles, which could fill out the killteam requirements nicely. Also comes with a Hive Tyrant so you have an easy way to expand into larger games.

KILL! MAIM!! BURN!!!

>the fanboys have gotten a hell of a lot worse

and numerous user, and numerous.

Footslogging Iron Warriors with Dreadnoughts (both Helbrutes and Contemptors). I like the idea of slowly advancing on the enemy and blasting their defenses apart with heavy weapons only to finish with a sudden brutal assault.

BREAK THEIR BACKS!!!

even if they were manlets (they aren't), they would still have better bolters, armor, and are basically better in every way to regular marines. How does that make you feel? Regular marines are basically closer to guardsman at this point.

Thanks for the advice. Honestly, I wasn't planning on expanding the game since the major format in my place seems to be this one. Any advice about how to expand it in the future?

I mean, I don't play marines. Making them bigger just makes them easier to see and hit.

This is the army I am thinking about playing. How successful do you think CSM/Iron Warriors will be in 8th?

Tyranids are pretty weird in Killteams, and it also depends on what format your local group runs.

I would say that a box of Zoanthropes can be good, since you get 3 and can assemble them either as Zoanthropes or Venomthropes to give you different single model support options. Some Horma/termaguants might not be bad if you want to mix things up either.

>Morkanaut gets 18 wounds

NOBZ IN A NAUT CONFIRMED GAME WINNER IN 8TH

THEY LAUGHED WHEN I FIELDED IT

THEY WON'T LAUGH NO MORE

Can't say for sure really. I expect we'll be in the lower half of the armies at launch and will go to around middle of the pack if they give us special rules once they make the CSM codex.

CSM are likely always going to have to sacrifice shooting for choppyness. Combine that with our current lackluster choices for artillery and we'll likely have trouble being both competitive and fluffy.

I'm going to play them because I love them, but I don't expect I'll be winning any crushing victories.

>Nobs in a GorkaMorkaNaut is a real threat.

You don't seem to be taking the melee changes into account, though! Buffed deepstrike and charging as well as striking first and pulling units into combat will certainly help a lot.

How will they buff chainaxes? I'm thinking of either rending or shred on top of their AP (now rend) value, considering the article didn't say they would be free or cheaper.

How do people recommend i outfit my deepstriking chaos terminators?

>mfw baneblade unleashes 11 barrels of hell
Still sad they didn't showed leman.

Being able to Pile in to sweep up other squads also seems like it'll be helpful, assuming the enemy clumps up too much.

It complicates the strategy of just trying to pile up your gunline in one spot in order to take advantage of falling back and shooting. You'll want guys spaced at least 6" away in order to keep them safe, but at that point it becomes easier to go for a flank and then only end up with half of your army able to shoot the assault units instead of all of it.

Combi-plasma/melta, MoK and Power Axes OR combi-flamers, MoS and Power Mauls.

What IS Guilliman cooking up in the basement? Realistically speaking...

Super-space marines sounds stupid. And miniature-wise, how do you even differentiate them from normal space marines?
New SM weapons, armor and vehicles would make more sense, both fluff-wise and commercially.

For the current edition, a small team with combi melta/plasma is the only way to go. Power weapons to save points.

For the next, it depends on if assaulting from deepstrike is a thing, but odds are good the above strategy will stay good.

>light armour penetration
>chance of multiple wounds

>Realistically speaking...
Super space marines

Thanks. And what would you recommend for the terminator lord as well? I was thinking axe of blind fury and power weapon. Feedback appreciated.

I never knew Nicolas Cage was a space marine

He is modifying the space marine bio-tech so that it can be applied to Aeldari.

>light armour penetration
Already have it.

>chance of multiple wounds
Makes no sense.

Not sure where to ask, is the Daemon in DoW 3 a Bloodthirster?

oWo whats this?

>Some guy who claims he runs a lot of Warhammer shit
>So he knows his stuff
>"I can't remember the last time I saw havocs on the field"

So he doesn't play at all? Every chaos player uses them. Also IG next, hype as fuck.

Vostroyans?

Someone in the storage department needed to make some room, and grabbed some old metal models off from the Astra Militarum section.

Which legion are you playing? And be aware none of this will matter in a month.

Recommend me some good IG books Veeky Forums! So far I've read Fire Caste and the first Cain omnibus.
On my list is:
>Imperial Guard Omnibus: Volume 1
>Iron Guard
>Ciaphas Cain: Defender of the Imperium
>Honour Imperialis
>Last Chancers

Am I missing anything?

Gaunts.
Ghosts.

Gaunt's Ghosts

Want to go world eaters, and i can wait a month but i dont think their core loadouts will change too much. I have a termie lord right now but plan to eventually get a jugg lord

Fuck! You guys are right! It's on the list now.

Abnett's Tanith First and Only books. The Omnibuses are: The Founding, The Saint, The Lost, The Victory.

Super space marines made with his blood. New weapon and armour marks.

hmmm got 2 sets of dark vengence and i don;t know what to play DA( or make them in to other marines or just conver them to chaos and play pure chaos any thoughts ?

>orks are still bs2 and ld7 even on a naut.
why

Well maybe the last few "CSM armys" he saw were Magnus + Belakor + Cultists + Deamons allies. Thats what our local WAACfag would bring to causal games.

DV marines are really annoying to use as anything but DA since the chapter symbols are all sculpted on.

>everthing in the 8th is viable?
DA BOYZ FIELDING ACTUAL LOOTED VEHICLES AND NOT 'LOOTED WAGONS' WOULD BE NICE!!

Seriously, zog that boring 'Looted Wagon' shit. I miss being able to loot Imperial vehicles and use them against the IG/Space Marines.

There's a very obvious balance problem there, though, where Orks get to do literally everything they do plus the armour division of whatever the best army at a given moment does. Sure, it's going to have some downsides, but if you can do that literally everything else in the game has to look at Orks and go "Does this break them?"

Marines are leadership 7 user. And vehicles aren't going to be taking battleshock tests when they're a unit of one.

BS 2 is Ork identity at this point and fine if designed around with enough rate of fire.

Don't expect anything that isn't strictly a sold model, an upgrade on the sprue and anything that doesn't require a conversion

Ld 7 is Space marine level. It also probably implies that Orks are Ld 5 by default, being a +2 bonus of sorts for being in a nice cushy vehicle.

Either way, unless you can take Nauts in squadrons, that won't even matter except against things that are supernaturally spooky.

The Terminators, Scriptor, and Bikes are quite easy to convert, if you got bits from a terminatorlord, a CSM squad, some raptors and a Chaos terminators. Especially the terminators look neat afterwards. The tacticals are better used as a temporal count-as before you get yourself some CSM/MK3/MK4

New non-FW units for Custodes and Sisters of Silence fucking when

should I get a squad of these? I dont play Guard but they look cool asf and I feel like they might got out of stock. Or should I wait for the possibility of new plastic models?

And with Scriptor I mean Librarian

Play a real army fgt

never

Combi-melta and chainfist, all the way.

He says while they put out Sly Marbo rules, with conversion suggestion.

Looted Necron Monolith. Be that guy. Do it.

>7th ed

What was that conversion made from, by the way?

Ogryns, Id love to make an abhuman regiment to go with my tank regiment.