Confession time

Ok user, say it now, get it out in the open, and off of your chest.

We won't judge you (well, there might be a little judgement), and you'll feel better for saying it.

I'll start.

>As forever DM for years, I lied to my players about not being able to 'think up anything', when we play other games, just so I can play and not have to GM it.

> One of my players irks me. He's fine IG, no issues, but I don't like the PLAYER. And when I roll to see which PC a monster attacks, I've often had it attack him, just because of that.

>Our D&D games violate a RAW every single game, because that's how we started playing it (when we didn't know it was wrong), and I've never said a word about it. For years, I've known it was wrong, but don't want to admit it, and change things.

>When one player wanted to invite his wife to play (i don't like her), I told him that we had a new guy coming that day, and his wife would make too many people. (there was no new guy)

>I insert subtle racism into my games. Orcs/goblins often behave like Detroit urban dwellers. They rob/riot/kill for no good reason.

Well.......I feel better now.

I've never actually played a proper tabletop in my life.
Ran online games for randoms? Sure, why not. Done worldbuilding? Yeah, I did. Designed homebrews? That too.
But actually sitting down and playing a game with 3 or 4 people? Never in my life.
The only reason I post on Veeky Forums is because it's the only more or less civil board on Veeky Forums that encourages creativity.

Also....

>I don't like druids unless the player plays them as a true nature lover, and will punish that pc in 1000 little ways, or reward the pc in 1000 little ways, depending on the players style.

>I've never actually played a proper tabletop in my life.

Shit man.

Is that by choice? or because of conditions?

I like challenging my players. I like being challenged as a player.

>play warhammer
>hard encounter, two players take crits (one player was suicidal so he dies: he wanted to play a new character so he was burning through his fate points. The other just got hit hard.)
>another player sends me a message "wow encounter balancing!"
>I'm actually enjoying this

>I don't think I have the balls to kill any of my players if I can help it. Fortunately my players are quite new and haven't caught on yet, in fact they think I'm actively trying to kill them
what RAW rule OP?

i play my druid as someone who worships the hunt, and believes natural order means "the strong prey upon the weak"

would you prefer a tree hugger over that?

A mixture of coincidences and bad life choices. I've spent the last 6 years faking madness, so I can't really socialize a lot.

I enjoy tormenting my players. I set up huge, elaborate romantic subplots for them, then I put them through the emotional wringer. I do this because, to be frank, character drama is the most interesting part of games, to me.

I'm also massively right-wing. Whenever I can, I slip red pill truths into my games. Nothing overtly racist, just things like girls in traditional roles and multiculturalism being inherently self-destructive.

>say it now, get it out in the open, and off of your chest.
I think 3D20 tale the middle, and also the advatange and disadvantage on top of that. Is the best dice system to date.

Prove me wrong, I think its even better than 3d6

That sounds overcomplicated.

Not that user, but 3d20 take middle is pretty simple. And I do agree with that user.

>what RAW rule OP?

A "minor" thing really.......it's about rolling init. We started with 2e, where init was rolled every round....when we started 3.5, we kept doing it.

>would you prefer a tree hugger over that?

I want a player to justify WHY a nature lover, who's dedicated his life to nature, would constantly be in town, sleeping in Inns, exploring dungeons, and solving a murder mystery at the nobles castle.

How about the A/D, then?

>I want a player to justify WHY a nature lover, who's dedicated his life to nature, would constantly be in town, sleeping in Inns, exploring dungeons, and solving a murder mystery at the nobles castle.

that's fair enough, and something ive struggled with to justify in character

I pretty much killed my own campaign and let my players, who are all my friends, down because I was depressed and struggling to keep up with just 3 college classes this last semester.

The last Druid I played was basically just the local village wise man. Lived out in a hut tending to beehives and helping people with their crops or health issues before adventuring. Was pretty much fine wandering around cities though, and just considered them as hives that were all part of the balance of nature.

I miss Swarm Druid

I stroke my dick under the table during sessions.

I hate what my horror campaign has ended up as with every single PC no selling gore and inhuman monsters that shouldn't exist. Now I'm just trying to get them killed and have myself liberated from this nightmare.

Forgive me Veeky Forums for u have sinned

> I use in character loss to torment my players and I enjoy it. To the point of having the low int dwarf hearing her mother wispering to her and accusing her of failing to protect her after the player critical failed a listen check.

>I don't really plan, I just make most of the game up as I go along. Thusfar it has worked out.

>I am a killer dm. Even if I do not admit it too my players.

>I use natural 1's to dick with my players. Even to the point of killing them.

>I have purposely made characters to break games and done so whilst in character.

>there is a reason players do not pick mushrooms in my games. It harkens back to a near tpk.

So, am I forgiven Veeky Forums?

Fuck that sounds like literally the druid I was going to play. He was good at carpentry and first aid.

Boardgames are shit and I don't know why people like them.

I'm only in my current game for the combat. I don't give a shit about the GM's story because it's not very good and is going nowhere interesting.

I also regularly zone out and look at smut in another tab while plot happens.

>never actually played a proper tabletop in my life
>Ran online games for randoms
that's a lil contradiction i see here

Mental health comes first user. I've been through similar, don't let it eat you, you had to do what you had to do.

I'm rooting for you.

>Rob/riot/kill for no good reason

>Not realizing that everything has a reason and nobody goes out and smashes shit for no reason unless they're just a 1-dimensional caricature of something you're afraid of understanding.

You can make something have a reason without that reason being correct or even morally relatable, user. You're /pol/-ing up this nice, happy board.

well the difference seems significant to him so, eh

>You're /pol/-ing up this nice, happy board.
He did warn you

Nah fuck that, push yourself, keep going, it's a slippery slope mate you can't give up.

>/pol/ttrpgs.
That sounds awful.

People can have reasons user. Most thugs however have shit reasons.

Literally everything has "reasons" for bad acts.

Dahmer raped and killed because he had reasons.

That's a pointless argument.

>Orcs Rob and kill..
> Zomg!!! GTFO pol!!
Wat?

>Prove me wrong
d% exists. Takes away all that obfuscation bullshit.

He specifically said he has them act like 'Detroit urban dwellers'.
Y'know black people?

Only blacks live in Detroit?

Fucking racist...GTFO to /pol/

I make it rough as hell to multiclass.

Want a level of rogue? Find the thieves guild and convince them to teach you the tricks of the class. Want a level of cleric? Find a god that wants you and talk him into accepting you. Want a lv of fighter? Pay a master to train you.

It costs money, time and effort.

> Why?
> Because I hate multiclassing

I honestly can't play evil characters. I find then one-note at best, edge lords at worst, and the last time I got convinced to do am evil campaign, my character was lawful neutral and disgusted by everything going on.

I also have a bad case of human supremacy. In my cod game i'm in, out annoys the shit out of me that a vampire with celerity will always beat a mortal in melee, even if the mortal was like fucking Bruce Lee.

Are...are you me?

Why do you hate multiclassing?

Pick a lane. Stay in it.
Don't try to be everything.

Clever players use their abilities and think past problems. They know they have limitations and strive to work around them.

Multiclass players aren't smart enough to do that. They have to take class levels of other classes, to make up for their lacking.

>I also have a bad case of human supremacy. In my cod game i'm in, out annoys the shit out of me that a vampire with celerity will always beat a mortal in melee, even if the mortal was like fucking Bruce Lee.

Same here user.

There's nothing wrong with that

>a /pol/ fag can't help but insert his ideology into everything

What a surprise

>DM inserts his ideology into his campaign
>imply that his creations will see the world the way he does

Why, that's unheard of !!! he must be from pol!

>I want a player to justify WHY a nature lover, who's dedicated his life to nature, would constantly be in town, sleeping in Inns, exploring dungeons, and solving a murder mystery at the nobles castle.
Sentient races are nature too, they live, breed, and die just like everything else. As such, they have just as much right to exist and be protected. Most importantly, the character themself is also nature, and their self-preservation is perfectly allowable in any situation where their life is in jeopardy.

At least, that's how I play my ranger, along with being quick to acquire cabin fever due to being "stuck" in a town or inn as opposed to /trv/ling /out/doors

>Sentient races are nature too, they live, breed, and die just like everything else. As such, they have just as much right to exist and be protected. Most importantly, the character themself is also nature, and their self-preservation is perfectly allowable in any situation where their life is in jeopardy.

That's a total crock of horse shit, and a poor attempt to justify someone playing a druid like a retard.

"Urban Druid", is an oxymoron.

I'd strip a druid of his powers, his animal pet would leave, his spells would fizzle, if they attempted that shit.

My big brother taught me RPGs and was a complete dudebro. We used to have so much fun, random friends and family playing with us. Then I tried to go into the 'gaming community' and, well...

Most tabletop gamers sicken me. Seriously. The smell, the mental weakness/illness, the social ineptitude, the autistic repetition of injokes. I participate in forums and Veeky Forums to get my fix and allow me to be physically away from you all. I am moderately well off, decent looking, and have a social life, which makes me anathema to 99% of tabletop gamers. After dealing with a couple of sad powertripping DMs and then the sad sacks trying to hit on any female I was around when we were gaming I just stopped participating in the physical gaming community.

Though for the last 6 months I have belonged to a society of actually well-balanced professionals who game, and it's fun as fuck.

>"Urban Druid", is an oxymoron.

There is life in a city. Rats, packs of feral dogs, pigeons, birds of prey, cats, bugs. City parks, sewers, graveyard ecologies. Grass and weeds, trees from farflung climes. Man has turned his hand to make cities in their image, but it's just a saddle on the earth.

I've seen some well-done urban druids.

Cities are an ecosystem user, have you never heard of urban animals? Urban foxes? Urban dogs? Urban cats? Urban crows? ...No?

And the most invasive species, humans?

I start games, but almost never finish them. Mostly because i get frustrated because the players start minmaxing and just trivializing things but also because I start to hate anything I build. It's never good enough, so why the fuck do I keep coming back for more?

>I'd strip a druid of his powers
Butthurt supreme.
>his animal pet would leave,
and be replaced by a dogbro to chill with while handling urban ecology
his spells would fizzle, if they attempted that shit.
More butthurt. Give 5 druid spells that don't have an urban application. I'll wait.

At worst, the druid gets homesick. One of mine is a 7ft tall stag-like sort of faun, he gets irrationally irritable and moody when he's been around a crowd of people too long, not helped by how they stare, gawk and point, or try to touch his antlers for luck and fertility.

He may or may not still have some remnants of puberty in his hormonal setup.

I never thought we'd actually get the questfags kicked off Veeky Forums. I was just trolling for giggles because questfags were so easy to get butthurt.

Goddamnit, I came here to post this.

Actually I guess it's only partially true as I have a lot of hours clocked in for Blood Bowl 2, but BB2 isn't a 1:1 copy of the tabletop's rules.

>Give 5 druid spells that don't have an urban application. I'll wait

You miss the point.
Druids revere nature. If you revere nature, you're not spending all your time in the city, doing city stuff. You're out in NATURE, doing nature stuff.

I don't give a fuck if a spell can be used in (x) location or not, that has not bearing on reverence for nature.

Also:
>Durr.......imma walk around town with my wolf! cause ir druid!!!

If any of my players tried that retardness, they'd get booted. No fucking city wants a fucking wolf roaming the streets.

>7ft tall stag-like sort of faun,
>irritable and moody
>touch his antlers
>fertility
>puberty

Yiff in hell furfaggot.

>There is life in a city

So? Rats and housecats don't make "nature".

The crazy cat lady, isn't a fucking druid. She's a cat lady.

I have grass in my yard. That doesn't make my yard "nature". Its a fucking yard.

Damn Veeky Forums is fucking retarded some days.

If you want an urban guy, make one. Don't try to twist the nature class into some freaky position just for cool spells and a pet. Faggots.

your definition of "nature" is completely arbitrary

t. bio engineering student

>urban ecology

>I have a house plant in my apartment.
>that's revering nature! i r druid!

Yeah, no.

So are the RAW.

So in that case, we defer to whom? The DM? Oh, that's me.

Well, my definition of "nature", isn't the city streets.

>wolf
>dog
>cannot answer the question

Oh, poor retarded fa/tg/uy.

That's just what marketers call the black druids

>Where is the Vulgar Unicorn Inn?
>I know, I'll make a NATURE CHECK
>Said no one ever
>Why not? because cities aren't "nature"

>waaaaah, i dont like a class archetype waaaaaah

God damn neckbeards.

If you have 5 or more ranks in Knowledge (nature), you get a +2 bonus on Survival checks made in aboveground natural environments (aquatic, desert, forest, hill, marsh, mountains, or plains).
Why didn't they include "cities" in that list of NATURAL environments?

>not keeping (nature) add (streetwise) to class list and/or allowing Druid to make (nature) checks in his home city

Tada. A nearly meaningless check that gives no true mechanical advantage in 99% of adventurers but allows this fix.

>>wolf
>>dog
>They're exactly the same!

t. ceasar the dog whisperer

obviously that would be knowledge(local) instead
but id be fine with a druid making a knowledge(nature) check to figure out what's causing the rat infestation in a city

IC

We just have to twist shit around, and change it up, and then it fits what we want to twist it to!

Ok.

>post you quoted specifically says swapping out to dogbro

Dyslexic and autistic.

>specifically
You don't know what that word means user?

>hey, I want to have a meaningless skill check available
>nooooooo youre ruining my gaaaaaame maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamaaaaaaaaaaa!

So, how many tendies do you charge per session, glorious DM.

Dyslexic, autistic, and just straight uneducated. Triple threat bro.

This is coming back to a thread I saw a few times on Veeky Forums.

Where players were crying like little cunts, that a DM put a couple ladders in the game. And the druid had a animal companion horse. Thus the druid was disadvantages because his horse couldn't climb ladders.

Why are druidfaggots such bitches?

I'll play mini games with strangers, but to play in RPGS with my group you have to be vetted first by somebody in the preexisting group.

I will cheat if somebody else cheats, and I will do it blatantly, daring them to call me out on my shit.

>has vetting
>still has cheaters

Need to go to extreme vetting.

>druid that cant deal with ladders
i hope this was a new player

>faking madness
Elaborate

There were dozens of posters saying that the DM should adjust his setting and game, to remove ladders, because it disadvantaged the druid, by denying the druid his companion.

It was pretty fucking autistic. The "reeeeees" were off the charts. Over a ladder.

Um...I've got no answer for that.

>I hate one of our players, he constantly tells me how bored he is during serious moments in the campaign. Unless he is the center of attention 24/7 he's bored.

I'd kick him but I think the other player like him.

Piece two and two together, user. Humans attribute holy powers of fertility to nature and its godly representations, whether or not anything of the kind actually exists. Stags also have a reputation, and there's no need to be insecure about it like that.

The guy is also a born druidic entity that makes seeds grow into mighty trees and grass sprout in the most unwelcoming soils.

Yes, the women believe that they will be more fecund if they get to touch the "forest-god" 's horns or ask for his benediction (a similar thing existed in chinese culture with getting a boy for touching the emperor's seat), and because he tries to be patient he doesn't scorn people off but at some point that gets to him like it'd get to you. It's just roleplay.

>Rats and housecats don't make "nature".
They... Kinda do.

"nature
'ne?t??/Submit
noun
the phenomena of the physical world collectively, including plants, animals, the landscape, and other features and products of the earth, as opposed to humans or human creations."

Don't go and say that just because cities are human creations, there still cannot be nature IN the cities.

Who makes survival checks in a city? You Bear Grylls'ing it through Manhattan? Shoving a thumb up a cabby's cloaca to sex it?

>human creations
Natural environments make up nature user.

A rusted truck sitting in a field isn't "nature", even though it may have a snake living in it.

>Who makes survival checks in a city
No one usually. Because they're for natural environments.

>Shoving a thumb up a cabby's cloaca to sex it?
I mean......will the cabby file charges? Because that could be a deal breaker.

Eh, the cheating is mostly in the mini shit. Crap like fast scooping dice, mismarking damage, etc... People get horribly shitty when playing tourney shit.

RPGs tend to be cleaner because of the vetting process.

Juicy

>Shoving a thumb up a cabby's cloaca to sex it

>Be me, Druid
>Roaming the city streets (as druids tend to do)
>See a cabbie
>It's flowing turban makes identifying it's sex impossible
>I sneak up and dive through it's open window
>Jam my thumb up it's cloaca
>From the screams, it seems this one is a male
>Run away and document my findings
>DRUIDS, FUCK YEAH

>A forever GM here. Once ran a game for six months while suffering burn out.
>Did not take notes on anything, did not prepare anything (winged the whole game).
>Failed to even check the MM and just randomly awarded exp.
>In short I did not put in any effort, and it killed that group. All players left.

>running a game
>one player is my best friend, another is a girl that I'm in love with
>they only met because of the game I started
>their characters and an important NPC have a love triangle going
>best friend and the girl grew closer by acting out the in game relationship, turned into an actual romance IRL
>told the girl how I felt about her but she only sees me as a friend
>mfw I had to watch them fall in love IRL and in game
>mfw I have to pretend to be an NPC watching their characters fall in love
>mfw I know that his character is going to choose her character over the NPC, and I as the NPC will have to act out exactly what happened IRL

When is it supposed to stop hurting

God fucking damnit I can't stop laughing

>i will report these findings to the group

No; but the snake, and the mice it ate, and the owl that eats the snake, are part of nature themselves. What you mean is that the landscape is artificial; but if the truck has been abandonned, nature has reclaimed it just like it reclaims old sunken ships for coral.

I don't think that cities are the correct environment for a druid to feel fully at home but there are plenty of ways he can bring nature to it by reclaiming manually this area with methods including, but not limited to, making plants grow in walls if he thinks that's funny or taking care of the local ecosystem.

I do. Foraging for garbage and foraging for berries that foxes pissed on, same thing to me; I have no taste buds.

Nah, it's because you are fed and kept in a non-settled or unfamiliar environment where resources are scarce. They give planar survival check information as well.

But you're autistic, so it's not worth arguing. Go find a hugbox.

>>I use natural 1's to dick with my players. Even to the point of killing them.

You need to stop that shit. Otherwise you are fine.

fucking amazing

I have committed various sins involving my magical realm using Mutants and Masterminds/DC Adventures:

Playing DC Adventure: I played an 18 limbed insect broodmother monstergirl that would constantly get herself into awkward sexual encounters due to her "hormones" and ended up fucking a disguised Count Vertigo in a three way with a screaming (his powers) gay bruiser.

Running my own campaign: You guessed it, 6 breasted world-ending broodmother. But at least most of the players are actually into pregnancy. But even then, because I had essentially put the not-tastumaki player through a broodmother mutation and decided that "let's make this campaign about this now since I literally cannot focus on anything else", that campaign fell apart as desserved...of course it didn't help that two of the players invited a kaiju broodmother monstergirl as another character who ended up taking the spotlight for the rest of the campaign.

Running the solo campaign: But since kaiju girl's player was the only one up for talking with me on a semi-regular basis, I decided I really wanted to give the character a campaign of her own that...just had to continue from the first one and turn the plot into a trainwreck. One of the biggest complaints ends up being the exposition dump that happened due to the previous campaign beign unfinished and my bad judgement to pair. The other is the main villain is supposedly way too strong and that she feels she can't do nothing some of the time. She might find her odds better than expected this Monday, but FUCK, that doesn't change the fact that I feel I can't do anything write and some weird part of me always steers me in the exact worst decisions even when I plan in the other direction.

i feel like that's actually not good for your mental health at all user

ive been in a similar situation before and the only thing that works is taking distance from the girl in question.

That is what happens when you play with your dick