Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

Winged beastmen edition

>resources
pastebin.com/Cb3X4ZKW

>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

Previous thread: >Rumors of GHB2: Same ability no longer stack; point increase for all 9"+ shooting unit; prayer is limited to rule of one...

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.co.uk/itm/122476170605
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Greenskinz are the worst.

what are the best stormcast eternal paint schemes?

Am i doing this right?
Is all the minis i could buy.

Leaders
Cauldron Of Blood (220)
- General
Death Hag (60)
- Artefact: Phoenix Stone

Battleline

Units
10 x Doomfire Warlocks (400)
10 x Sisters Of Slaughter (160)
1 x Bloodwrack Medusae (120)

Battalions
Bloodwrack Sisterhood (40)

New order daemons when

If there's snow then it stands to reason that there's a water cycle and thus a large body of water somewhere

I want to play 1000pts games and do it as budget as possible. Which one will be better?

Good point.
Just thinking how would underwater creatures work on land maybe in the lore they could create a water magic were the creatures have a bubble of water around them powered by mages or some sort of magical trinket to let them breathe air? But then how would they move on land?

Sylvaneth gets you closer at 552 points for the contents of an SC box as opposed to Ironjawz at 440. The difference will be made up once you start factoring in other units, however. I would really, sincerely encourage you to go for whichever faction appeals to you most.

Also worth mentioning that Sylvaneth has a "hidden" cost in the ammount of wyldwoods you'll need to buy for them to work properly.

But as the other user said, focus on the faction you want to play more,

What are razordons like? Haven't seen them talked about much

Well, with IJ at least I know how much should I spend to build an Ironfist. Sadly, have no clue how to brew a passable Sylvaneth list builded-up around the start collecting box

>Sylvaneth has a "hidden" cost in the ammount of wyldwoods
I'm not playing at GW store so my friends would be fine with custom woods

Soon

Ironjawz are much less common and more interesting on the table than Sylvaneth, imo, but if you're playing with one tight group of friends rather than going for pickup games at your LGS then that's less of a concern for you.

This will never happen, sorry GW already confirmed that they will stick to Death's alliance name and never produce a miniature for them again.
Now buy our sky dwarves god damn it!

It's bullshit, but I believe it.

Nice shit you just pulled out of your ass.

Starting a seraphon army because dinos and shit, where should I go after the sc box? And should I build a carny or a troglodon? I'm aiming for 1000 points first then I'll move up to 1500

There's one Ironjawz player in my meta compared to five Sylvaneth players, which is why I concluded my statement about what I find more interesting to play against with 'imo'. I also said that the impression he makes on the randos he plays against is less important if said randos are already his buddies.

Sorry, was meant to link to , not yours

meant to link to

r8 me m8s

but what will you post once he does come?

Ah fair. No worries man. In that case don't give him (you)s.

You need 3 battlelines for 1.5k games.

>I'm not the only new Seraphon player
Hype.
Razordons are a pretty cool gun platform but they are very easily blasted off the table, which is to be expected for 60 points
Don't do much in $ per model but pretty good anti-infantry in points per model

Get another SC box, build 2 carnosaurs.

I thought it was 3+ for 2k up.

You take the stats of the next level up. So 1.5k will use the rules for 2k.

Makes sense.
There I altered it.

the most budget army to play is beastclaws.
With two boxes, even if they cost 40-50 euromoneys, you'll have roughly 800pts that you can complete with whatever you want

Progress report on the Klad Barag!

This guy is really coming together. I have the limbs left to do, and still some work on the legs, but I can get an idea of what this thing is going to look like overall!

Carnosaur with Scar vet is best bet, Oldblood is cooler and shooty but so squishy for its cost. Scar vet is choppy and a bit cheaper (260 instead of 320)
Honestly the start collecting is a bit mediocre, Knights are pretty good and warriors are 100 points for 10 wounds with a 4+ and immunity to -1 so they're alright at sitting on home objectives.
Get a Bastiladon, Stegadon, build the Oldblood on foot from the spare parts in the SC, maybe pick up a Starpriest because THAT BEAUTIFUL MODEL and 2+/4++ Bastiladon that ignores rend is an absolute cunt to kill.
You can also build the Skink rider, paint it's flute gold and call him Oxyotl for a really fun Leader (he's from the legacy scrolls). There's also plastic snakes you can use as Jungle Swarms (120 points, 5 wounds, 5 attacks, mortal wounds on hits of 6 and they're also Legacy Scrolls) if you have some extra bases around
Tl;dr you can squeeze 980 points out of the Seraphon SC if you want without overpaying for units by just adding 2 50mm (jungle swarms), 1 32mm (foot vet) and 1 25mm (Oxyotl) base
-Oldblood Carnosaur (320)
-5 Knights (120)
-10 Warriors (100)
-Scar veteran on foot (100, uses the Oldblood warscroll)
-Oxyotl (100)
-2 jungle swarms (120 each)

Warriors are a 5+, my bad

This is pretty amazing dude!

Does "Klad Barag" mean "Stormsurge" in khazad?

It means "ironclad war machine" in khazalid.

gimme some death list!

Starting to get Spider Riders and notice an 11th base in the box. What is the squared base for? I thought it might be for a spider swarm of some sort, but those weren't a thing in 8th.

Reminder to buy the correct oval bases

its cause the sprue is from the old battle for skull pass set, its for the troll

Sauce?

I have heard of 1850 pts games using the 2k format but why would 1500 when it's right down the middle?

Just a little bit longer

Thanks broski.

No idea what they're on about, the FLGS near me uses Vanguard for 1500. Probably varies from place to place.

Allegiance: Death
Count Mannfred (160)
Vampire Lord On Abyssal Terror (220)
- Deathlance & Shield
- Artefact: Cursed Book
Neferata Mortarch Of Blood (440)
- General
5 x Blood Knights (260)
20 x Zombies (120)
10 x Zombies (60)
10 x Zombies (60)
5 x Blood Knights (260)
Mourngul (400)
Total: 1980/2000

It would be sure a lot easier to make one I thought looked decent if the Necrosphinx was still being made.

cute birb

Battlescribe uses 3+, my LGS (it's a GW) prefers open with vague points used (within a hundred or two)

If you're UK based this is basically GW prices atm, was just looking to see how much they go for ebay.co.uk/itm/122476170605

not death but..

Allegiance: Chaos

Leaders
Archaon (700)
- General
- Lore of Fate: Shield of Fate
- Lore of Change: Bolt of Tzeentch

Battleline
10 x Chaos Warriors (180)
- Halberd & Shield
- Mark of Chaos: Slaanesh
20 x Chaos Marauders (120)
- Axes
- Mark of Chaos: Slaanesh

gonna be playing in a local competitive tournament with a £1,000 prize pool
wish me luck

So your plan is basically bet it all on the big A?

my plan is too win

Your plan and the development are from different galaxies, say goodbye to that price

>local competitive tournament with a £1,000 prize pool

Is the tournament kill points only? Cos if not you're probably fucked

it's errrr models killed per game?

Why the fuck are you taking 20 chaff models for your opponents Archaon to chew on then?

idk man just built with lying around models.
and he needs a meat wall so he can swoop over and kill the other archaon in an epic dual

Someone can make a pure groots list with any chance of winning against battletome armies?

>Not playing beastclaw raiders

yeah i know but ain't beastclaw raider player looked down upon

It's either one of the following:

>you have no idea what you are talking about
>or the TO is the stupidest motherfucker on the planet

Determining winner by models killed would mean armies with low model counts, like beastclaw, would absolutely dominate.

Generally tournaments are more focused on kill-points (counting the points costs for all units you killed, and most points wins), or objectives (like most of the GHB scenarios)

It needs either a pair of small endrins or proximity mines between his legs

Archaon (700)
Blood warriors x5 (100)
Blood Warriors X5 (100)
Herald of Nurgle (100)
Leaves only 11 models for the opponent to kill, one of which is at least somewhat resilient. Not that I believe "models killed" is actually the goal. It'll either be points killed (in which case Archaon will be in every list that can run him) or objectives (in which case you'd be an idiot to run Archaon unless he's backed up by maximum Pink Horror spam)

wow calm down man it's just how it is

This would be better I think with double horrors, one with Arcane Transformation and one with Fold Reality. Then Treacherous Bond on Archaon.

and/or an anchor

ty guys could do that but idk
maybe could even not be part of a grand alliance would that work?

Hmm I wonder whats the best way to assassinate an Archaon? Sayl with double flamer Stormfiends?

What kind of tournament is this? Are you telling lies on the internet user?

The whole point of Archaon now is Tzeentch.

this whole scenario sounds like absolute made up horeshit

you got me man im sorry everybody it's just no one replies to my posts and i just wanted to have a grand old time. Still can't believe some people thought i was serious but hay wont can you do.

Kroak :^)

Great for clearing low armor units. Lots of shots for only 60 points, but wounding on 4+ is lame.

2D6 Rend-1 D1 for 60 points - compare to Bastiladon which is 2D6 Rend-1 D2 for 300 points. Razordons are definitely more cost efficient damage output.

It's easy to keep a squad of 2 or 3 near your front line to get that countercharge fire.

Combo with a Starseer to reroll the countercharge dice, and an Astrolith Bearer to reroll hits.

nah it ain't got /aosg/

Any artillery unit works fine. Stormfiends, Longstrikes, Skyfires, etc.

Max damage kroak can do is 3D3 (arcane bolt + comets call + celestial deliverence). Not nearly enough to snipe Archaon.

Bear in mind that a Bastiladon's hard as nails though, you pay the points for the defense not just the shooting. Razordons are a great gunline though

I never said bastiladon was bad

Everyone knows bastiladon is good damage output, Im using it as an example to show that razordons are even better at doing damage

>Not going triple deliverance for 3D6
Pussy

Hypothetically in one turn with something people commonly would run. Archaon can eat 24 Longstrikes or Skyfires and still be sitting there.

so what army is everyone playing / working on now?
Im working on my skaven one now

Seraphon, I'm new here but I'm not the only new Seraphon player. Someone also bought the SC at my LGS last week too so I guess we're having a growth spurt

Painting Beastclaw Mournfangs

1k army with 8 models is interesting. i typically play Skaven and hoard forces in general. gonna fight some Ironjawz next week though first game

I'm new, just got some Dark Elf Darkshards, Black Ark Corsairs, and a Black Dragon, but I can't start assembly/painting until I'm done with finals on Tuesday

Still working away at my Sylvaneth, Alarielle specifically.
Painting hair is not fun, especially when it twists and turns over itself and is a complete bitch to reach with a brush.
I know I've posted this before but here's the rest of the test models I've done for the army so far

Stunning, here's the only model I've painted for mine so far

Green is a great choice for lizardmen

I just didn't want him to be blue and coming from 40k chaos marines I wanted a bright pallette for a change
It's also my first time trying to highlight back up from a wash, hadn't touched any form of models before last september

Wow. Just wow. Nice work there, love the color scheme you choose what paint you used?

That looks awesome, love the white-ish bark with red leaves.
Reminds me of Weirwoods in Game of Thrones, which I guess sort of thematically fit with Sylvaneth/Children of the Forest

>Reminds me of Weirwoods in Game of Thrones
That's actually where I borrowed [stole] the idea from, originally I was going for something totally different and it turned out completely ass so I just fell back onto something simple but striking.
pic related for failed test scheme

Skinks are cute, the starpriest was one of the first ones I painted too. I bought another one a week ago since it was fun to paint, I like the feathers and I want to do a better job on my second time around. I like the green but the rest of my army is painted blue.

Who has the craziest color lizards?

That is awesome

TEACH ME